UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life

+2
Mathilde L
Anaël Maublanc
6 posters

Go down

The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life Empty The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life

Post by Anaël Maublanc Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:10 am

I've watched a video about the different technics to create a movie, you know such as Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Wall-e and so one.
It's amazing to see how it's possible today to make up a landscape and to make it real. This video shows how they insert lights, colors and shades to create sceneries with different sizes and depth.

https://www.ted.com/talks/danielle_feinberg_the_magic_ingredient_that_brings_pixar_movies_to_life#t-390374

Her artistic director asked her to create a scene with jellyfishs on Finding Nemo but it was extremely difficult to create it and it cost alot of money, finally the finish was great.

Do you think with our technics of animation it's better today to create scenes from real landscapes (such as here with Pacific Ocean) and make this realisation maybe more difficult because we have a model and we want to "copy and past" it , or it's better to let one's imagination run wild and to imagine a new atmosphere with new plants, news characters or animals ??

Last edited by Anaël Maublanc on Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life Empty Re: The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life

Post by Mathilde L Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:24 am

Anaël thank you to show us back stage of the animation movie industry ! I think the unique things can block you during the creation process is your imagination and the technics.
After that let's be creative cheers

Mathilde L

Back to top Go down

The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life Empty Re: The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life

Post by Emma Herry Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:34 am

This video is great! It's to see how it work and how a "small thing" can change so much.
and the one thing is great in this presentation is she is talking about sciences, maths, codes.. And actually to make a movie, it something you don't imagine when you think about sciences and code.
As she says she is a scientist and an artist.
the technics of animation are better today even if the animation movie we watched when we were kids were amazing but it demands more time and money.
when you create a animation movie you need to have a decor and of course you find your imagination landscape in the real world.
I think it depends of what kind of movie, for Nemo it's in the pacific ocean so you can't really change the world.. Wall-e instead is a landscape where everything is new so they imaginated everything. And both are great!

Emma Herry

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Emma Herry wrote:This video is great! It's to see how it work and how a "small thing" can change so much.
and the one thing is great in this presentation is she is talking about sciences, maths, codes.. And actually to make a movie, it something you don't imagine when you think about sciences and code.
As she says she is a scientist and an artist.
the technics of animation are better today even if the animation movie we watched when we were kids were amazing but it demands more time and money.
when you create a animation movie you need to have a decor and of course you find your imagination landscape in the real world.
I think it depends of what kind of movie, for Nemo it's in the pacific ocean so you can't really change the world.. Wall-e instead is a landscape where everything is new so they imaginated everything. And both are great!

Yes you're right ! How can we imagine the film makers filmed the ocean floor to have a better idea of the surge and swell or the invisible underwater current just to see how the bits of particulate move around in the water ?!

I like this sentence of her : "We use Science to create something wonderful" and they did it !!!

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:54 am

Anael that is so cool ! i liked the part when she explained "How to Bring this fiction world alive"
It's passionate how she materialized her dreams with the tools she got such as Science and art and technology.
The evolution of this industry is amazing and it has become very important not only for kids but also for adults. Animation as she explained creates the Time,emotions,illustrations and by that they reach easily the audience. Animation is the future !

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:45 pm

cybertech is the future
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:21 am

Anaël Maublanc wrote:I've watched a video about the different technics to create a movie, you know such as Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Wall-e and so one.
It's amazing to see how it's possible today to make up a landscape and to make it real. This video shows how they insert lights, colors and shades to create sceneries with different sizes and depth.

https://www.ted.com/talks/danielle_feinberg_the_magic_ingredient_that_brings_pixar_movies_to_life#t-390374

Her artistic director asked her to create a scene with jellyfishs on Finding Nemo but it was extremely difficult to create it and it cost alot of money, finally the finish was great.

Do you think with our technics of animation it's better today to create scenes from real landscapes (such as here with Pacific Ocean) and make this realisation maybe more difficult because we have a model and we want to "copy and past" it , or it's better to let one's imagination run wild and to imagine a new atmosphere with new plants, news characters or animals ??

I like your question ! I think once you've shown you're able to reproduce the reality, you can create new universes because it becomes more original. I like when the animation looks like a picture because it's super impressive, but once I've seen it a few times, I don't see the point, I'd better watch real movies. I expect to see new imaginative sceneries and worlds in animated movies !

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:36 pm

I guess animated characters cost less than real people and they don't complain as much.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life Empty Agreeee

Post by Habibakhairy Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Admin wrote:cybertech is the future

You got that right john , cybertech is taking over , but as well as animation , a huge evolution in both industries.

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Admin wrote:I guess animated characters cost less than real people and they don't complain as much.

Yes right and also we have less possibilities when you choose actors for your animation (even if now we have special effects) whereas when you decide to create characters we are free to imagine a amazing, crazy or inconceivable characters cat

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down