UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most important day in my life ...

2 posters

Go down

Most important day in my life ... Empty Most important day in my life ...

Post by Luc Rideau Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:33 pm

I write a new topic because Luc Q. made a mistake by taking my last topic thinking it was his own topic ... I hope he won't do the same mistake the next time.
Well, last Sunday I said I will explain why I still can't play golf. It's right my injury went far far away. But now, I must wear my glasses instead of my contact lences during two weeks because I'm gonna do some tests for my eyes next saturday. And I used to play golf with my contact lences and now I can't play with glasses because the vision isn't the same : I see everything smaller than reality and also further, if you see what I mean. I would be able to miss the ball ...
These tests are very important ! The results will determine if I could be healed (operated). I hope yes ! And I can't wait for it because I want to know if my dream can become true. Indeed, my dream is to join french army and especially the task force. And if it was not army, it will be GIGN. However, with "blinded" eyes as mine, I have to see perfectly ! As you can guess, next saturday is the most important day in my whole life !
The next time, you will know the results and also what I'll do for my first golf training session since a long long time !

Luc Rideau

Back to top Go down

Most important day in my life ... Empty Re: Most important day in my life ...

Post by Admin Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Good luck with the tests.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Rideau Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:43 pm

Sorry if I didn't write the last weekend but I didn't have the time ...
Well, here is the answer which is expected by everybody perhaps (I hope) : can I make surgery for my eyes or not ? Bad news ... The answer by the doctor was "Not now and probably never". That's clear at least ! Actually, my right eye can be operated but not the left one. Indeed, my cornea is too thin and too curved. Moreover, the doctor said that my vision could evolve in the next two years which is not good for surgery. He told me another thing : If your vision stayed stable (exactly at the same point as today), I would be able to operate you but I don't believe it. So, without two perfect eyes, no army, no GIGN, no dream. Maybe another but not that one.
Sunday, I played golf for the first time since two months ! I can put my contact lences now and it's like a reborn ! It was very good to play golf again and I was the only one on the practice, the sun went down and was shining, a little fresh wind, it was perfect. I didn't miss the ball like I was expecting but that was not that far ... It wasn't a long and hard training session, it was just the opportunity to recover some feelings. I think I need one or two more sessions to finish the job and then, I could begin the real job !
Now starts a whole training program for the France Team Championship in May !

Luc Rideau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Sorry about the GIGN. My son had the same problem for the air force. He wanted to be a transporter pilot but couldn't because of his eyesight and a little Asthma. It was frustrating because he had qualified as a light aircraft pilot when he was only 16 and had been flying for many years.

Start working on the next dream now, Luc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Rideau Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:51 pm

It was a good weekend of golf !
There was a training yesterday and it was great to play with the team again. They missed their captain ... Wink My feelings are coming back step by step, the swing itself is still here but I've lost all the little details and the automatisms. I think it will be hard to get them back because just training once a week isn't enough to improve the golf game you know. As I'm writing this, I'm saying to myself that I will probably talk about that the next time.
Well, today I went on the course ! Practicing is good but playing is better ! And crazy thing : I played very well. First hole : birdie. Second hole : birdie. It's gonna be a good day ! I don't play for 2 months and the first hole I play, I do a birdie ... That's what it's totally insane in golf. One day, you feel like the the best player in the world, you make every shot you want, like you want and when you want. And the next day, you play like a grand mother ... And believe me, there's nothing more unbearable ! Golf is incomprehensible. You need patience to play golf, that's why I'm not patient in life : I give everything when I play golf. Maybe I should have done yoga ...

Luc Rideau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:23 am

Very Happy

I see that Tiger is stopping for awhile because his game has gone so wrong.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Rideau Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Yes, you're right about Tiger. And I am so sad about it. You know, I began to watch golf on TV as Tiger began to not win. I heard many things about him, I watched plainty of videos, I read all the available articles about him, but I've never seen him at his best. I mean he's my favorite athlete on every point an I've followed him for 7 years. I know he's trying to come back, he works hard but honestly, since he has had several injuries, I think he's fed up with playing golf. I mean, he's got the best mental ever but now, he wants to spend time with his family, he's building his own courses, he works for his foudation and he supports Lindsey. But you know, every argument I've just said are the consequence of one single thing : he's afraid to not break Jack Niclaus' record, or more, he fears winning again.
It's very tough for him also because every little thing he makes is interpreted (often badly). This guy can't be quiet because of the media. I'm sad for him and I want to see him come back again because I know he can do it and because I want to see the faces of those who say Tiger will never win again.
I don't know if you see what I mean ... I'm not satisfied of what I've written because it's very clear in my head but I don't manage to put it on the paper. May I speak in french the next time ...? No, I'm joking ! Wink

Luc Rideau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:29 am

I never really liked Tiger but I recognised his immense talent. Being a lot older than you I remember watching Jack Nicklaus play - and Gary Player. My favourite player was probably Bernhard Langer - did you ever see the shot he made OUT of a TREE!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Rideau Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:49 am

Bernhard Langer is a great choice ! Even in the Senior Tour, he dominates his opponents ! But that's normal because Bernhard is famous for his irreproachable hygiene.

Luc Rideau

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Rideau Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:10 am

Well, last chapter !
As you can guess, I've played golf all day long during these holidays thanks to a wonderful weather. But you know, I've got some doubts ... I mean, since I've been France's vice champion in 2011, I'm not the same on the course. In 2011, it was the highest level I've ever reached and I think I won't reach it again. Because of the studies mainly. I can play only the weekends, and sometimes I can't because I have something else to do. My training sessions aren't regular. In that way, I can't improve my golf game. And because of that, I ask myself many questions, and I do less competitions. And the only ones I make, I don't play very well because of a lack of training. When I play badly, there are more questions in my head and the will isn't here anymore. But what is the more frustrating, it's the others people : I mean they know who I am, what I did and when they see me play badly they think I'm not that good. But I'm sure I did more than anyone else for this golf. Sometimes I'm angry because I'm not able to show them my best game ... Now, I do just one or two competitions in a year, because competition means (in my head) obligation of result. And because I know I didn't train enough, I say to myself that I can't perform. And indeed, I don't play well.
I know it's only in my mind but sometimes I believe I won't find my 2011 level again and I say "Why not stop playing golf ?". But I still play golf because without golf, I'm nothing.

Luc Rideau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:11 am

Without golf - you are something! Something great!

And you're still very young. You could dedicate yourself to golf or to your studies but you're right in that you can't be a top golfer unless you dedicate yourself totally (and have talent - which obviously you have). To do that you need to want it with your whole being and know that you'll want it with your whole being for the next 10 to 15 years.

Alternatively you need to find happiness in what you intend to do through your studies and really it's these next few months that you need to decide - before the start of your next academic year.

Surprisingly I understand how you feel about playing golf competitions (even playing golf), it may be hard to imagine but as a young boy I was an excellent chess player. I led my club's senior team even as a junior and won competitions. When I moved to France I couldn't find the quality of competition necessary to maintain my level - I even resorted to postal chess but it's not the same - gradually my ability to look 10+ moves ahead diminished until I was only seeing 3 or 4 moves ahead and making mistakes. I couldn't stand the idiocy of my game and now despite loving the game I haven't even played for fun in over 20 years.

It's sad and I hope that you can return to playing golf at least for pleasure if you decide it's no longer for you. Maybe that'll only happen at a different club in a different area though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down