UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Luther King Day/ Important Day

+26
LixCorentin
Hugo Daunas
HAQUET Virgile
Yann BENOIST
Zachary Digeos
NATHAN PAPINHO
barbotinpaul
Jany Mainguet
Kévin Forestier
ferchaud flavien
Bonin Guillaume
Tom Mainguenaud
thomasperot
elodie vaz
Dousset Emmanuel
Joris
lucile.baptiste
EmmaGym
BIRAGHI Ugo
GUERILLOT Lucas
Kilian Le Mellay
deniaud hugo
angibaud arnaud
Thomasbellin
fbourdet
Pierre Ronzier
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Martin Luther King Day/ Important Day Empty Martin Luther King Day/ Important Day

Post by Pierre Ronzier Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:54 pm

Today, I going to talk about the 11 september of 2001. Firstly because 11 september it's my birthday and more seriously because it's a terrible day for a lot of people all around the world. Every year the 11 september in the world, since this event, every people remember what has he doing this day, how he learned the news, but more every people remember that it was one of worst attacks of all time. In fact this day, behind 8.00 a.m and 10.00 a.m, it's two planes who destroyed the World Trade Center, by killing 2973 people. This attack realize by Al-Qaida, changed USA and my life.

Pierre Ronzier

Back to top Go down

Martin Luther King Day/ Important Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day/ Important Day

Post by fbourdet Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:22 pm

Today is international hug day. This day aims to bring people of the same family together. In addition to this, it would have the effect of being good for health and morale, by promoting the secretion of oxytocin

fbourdet

Back to top Go down

Martin Luther King Day/ Important Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day/ Important Day

Post by Thomasbellin Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Martin Luther King Jr. Day still falls on the third Monday in January (for referance of his birth 15 january) . Martin Luther King Jr. Day highlights the life and actions of Martin Luther King. Martin Luther King was the leader of the African-American civil rights movement. He is known for his actions against racial segregation in public transit and his fight for equal rights in the United States, and he is also known for his famous speech “I have a dream”. Martin Luther King was a strong supporter of non-violent activism and became the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner. He was murdered in 1968 in Tennessee. After his death, a bill was introduced to make Martin Luther King’s birthday a national holiday. The first Martin Luther King Jr. Day was held in 1986. For me it's a man who defined a major part of history by defending his cause and those of thousands of victims of racism and it is thanks to him that progress has been possible and is still present today.

Thomasbellin

Back to top Go down

Post by angibaud arnaud Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:13 am

the Martin Luther King day is a holiday in the United States which takes place the week of the birth of Martin Luther king. He was born on 15 January 1929 and therefore every year since 20 January 1986 which represents the date of the first establishment there is a holiday on the third Monday of the month of January. This day represents Martin Luther King’s fight against racial segregation. To make this known and above all to make his movement known He had made himself known in Montgomery by organizing a boycott of the city bus company, guilty of tolerating segregation in his vehicles, as a result his movement had ended up triumphing by applying the principles of non-violence

angibaud arnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by deniaud hugo Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Martin Luther King day it's very special day in NBA, this day all the team play. So we have a crazy night when we love basketball, more especially NBA. Martin Luther King day was on Monday, and we have fifteen matchs of NBA, so I was go in bed very later... I was tired on Tuesday.

deniaud hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilian Le Mellay Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:10 pm

Martin Luther King Day is a public holiday in the United States. It marks the anniversary date of the birth of Martin Luther King Jr who was an important pacifist activist in the fight against racial segregation in the USA in the 60s. MLK was an important person who shaped the USA as we know it today. That's why, since 1986, the third monday of January is a public holiday, in tribute to Martin Luther King, born the 15th january 1929. In NBA, the MLK day is a big event because most players pay tribute to Martin Luther King. This year, the MLK day was marked by a big opposition between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics (the two most titled teams in the NBA) who won the match 139-107.

Kilian Le Mellay

Back to top Go down

Post by GUERILLOT Lucas Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:15 pm

On August 28, 1963, Martin Luther King appealed to 250,000 people for a country where all men would share the same rights. Since that day the phrase "i have a dream" became the symbol of the black cause in America. Unfortunately Martin Luther King died murdered by a white segregationist on April 4, 1968 in Memphis while supporting a garbage strike.
These planned initiatives have therefore been destroyed by one man and despite a positive development discrimination is still present.

GUERILLOT Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by BIRAGHI Ugo Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:46 pm

The Martin Luther King day (MLK day) is a statutory holiday in the U.S. It marks the birth of MLK. Every year, he’s celebrating the third Monday of the month. That day is very important in the NBA’s tone because it is considered the Christmas day with more than a dozen games playing this day. As Todd Boyd explains, (Professor at the University of South California) His players are mostly black and, culturally, basketball is recognized as a black sport, unlike other American sports. Basketball, combined with big cities, is more cosmopolitan. And the NBA embraces Dr. King’s values as no other league will ever do.” So this is a day of remembrance and tribute for MLK.

BIRAGHI Ugo

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaGym Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:45 pm

Hey! Today we’re going to be talking about Martin Luther King. Martin Luther King’s day is 20th January. This holiday is held every year on the third Monday of the month. New Yorkers celebrate this day every year. Because this day commemorates the icon of the fight for civil rights and his fight and racial segregation. This holiday is in the united states, so Wall Street is completely closed. Martin Luther King is African American baptiste pastor. In order to be heard, he will organize and defend militant actions. But also to deliver a speech on August 28, 1963. He is supported by the famous John Kennedy in the fight against racial segregation un the United States. This man is very important to the United States.

EmmaGym

Back to top Go down

Post by lucile.baptiste Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:14 pm

Hello,

We are going to talk about Martin Lutherking Day. This Monday is Martin Luther King Day in the United States. A holiday which is also a very special event in the NBA, the American basketball championship. Martin Luther King was born on January 15, but the memory of the Reverend, Nobel Peace Prize laureate. It is celebrated every year on the third Monday of January, around January 15, after the death of Martin Luther King Jr in 1968the birthday of the Reverend.

lucile.baptiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Joris Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi, this week have to talk about MLK day or any other special day of the year. This is why I chose to discuss the Fourth of July.
'Independence Day' is a federal holiday in the US commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States, on July 4, 1776. In this day, the Continental Congress declared that the thirteen American colonies were no longer subject to the monarch of Britain and were now united, free, and independent states ! It's a day of celebration in the United States like the 14th of July for us in France, there are fireworks, parades, carnivals, fairs and lots of other fun things ! It's a day of gathering for families spending a summer day together, for a meal, often around a good barbecue... or a little picnic !
It's the National day of the USA.

Joris

Back to top Go down

Post by Dousset Emmanuel Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:48 pm

The state of Florida gives prominence to Martin Luther King Day celebrations, it is a special day that is a holiday. The reason is that Florida is a former slave state and the African-American population is large. The day of the Reverend Martin Luther King is therefore very important for Florida and many cities like Miami, Orlando or Tampa make public tributes.

Dousset Emmanuel

Back to top Go down

Post by elodie vaz Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Martin Luther King Day is celebrated in the United States each year on the third Monday in January, around the anniversary of the African-American pastor's birth on January 15, 1929.
Celebrated since 1986, the day commemorates the iconic civil rights fighter and his struggle.
It is Racial Equality Day. Martin Luther King was an important civil rights advocate and leader of the movement that fought against racial segregation in the United States.
He is also known for his famous I have a dream speech.
During the Martin Luther King Jr. On Martin Luther King Jr.
Day, all Americans, regardless of origin, celebrate racial equality.

elodie vaz

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasperot Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:13 am

Martin Luther King Day is a public holiday in the United States, marking the anniversary of the birth of Martin Luther King Jr. It is celebrated annually on the third Monday in January, around January 15, date of the Reverend's birthday.

After the death of Martin Luther King Jr in 1968, Democrat Representative John Conyers introduced a bill in Congress to make Luther King's birthday a national holiday, highlighting the work of Martin Luther King alongside unions. The latter took up this proposal and promoted it in the 1970s.

thomasperot

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Mainguenaud Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:38 am

Martin Luther King Day is a public holiday in the United States marking the anniversary of the birth of Martin Luther King Jr
Martin Luther King Day is a very special day in the NBA because this day of the year all American teams play. There are 15 games on the same day, often the third Monday in January

Tom Mainguenaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonin Guillaume Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:56 am

I realyse this topic on 27/01 an I think it's an important day besause yesterday night Kobe Bryan is dead in helicopter crash. it was a big legend of this sport, he is the stars of the los Angeles Lakers. He's one of the greatest players of all time. It was a big champion, a big stars and today he's going to join the stars forrver.
goodbye champ and thank you for for all this incredibles moments.

Bonin Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by ferchaud flavien Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Martin Luther King is an African American person. He was born on January 15, 1929 and died assassinated on April 4, 1968 at the age of 39. He studied at the Faculty of Theology at Boston University and subsequently held several positions. As a civil rights activist, theologian, preacher, writer, minister and others. He participated in many important events in history, such as the rally for freedom in Georgia in 1962 but also on his arrival in Montgomery he fought for civil rights where people of black color were victims of physical and other ill-treatment and others . From his arrest due to the fact that he protects civil rights in Birmingham, he comes to write a treaty which in the future will become known treasurer because this one demonstrates his fight against segregation, the president himself will defend it, sir Kennedy. After having made known his movement and his acts for his rights while defending them and that these take a beautiful scale, he will manage to extend this notoriety towards the north. He will fight other traumas, and he is a great man for the American nation and for the world.

ferchaud flavien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kévin Forestier Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:25 pm

Martin Luther King day is a public holiday in the United States. It takes place every 3rd Monday of January in reference to the day of birth of Martin Luther King which is January 15. This year was January 21. This holiday was not put in place immediately after his death, but a few years later after long years of political discussion. So we celebrated this day for the first time in 1986. This allows us to never forget all that this great man did during his life for equality between white and black in the United States.

Kévin Forestier

Back to top Go down

Post by Jany Mainguet Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:55 pm

Martin Luther King Day is a relatively new federal holiday and there are few long standing traditions. It is seen as a day to promote equal rights for all Americans, regardless of their background. Some educational establishments mark the day by teaching their pupils or students about the work of Martin Luther King and the struggle against racial segregation and racism. In recent years, federal legislation has encouraged Americans to give some of their time on this day as volunteers in citizen action groups.

Martin Luther King Day, also known as Martin Luther King’s birthday and Martin Luther King Jr Day, is combined with other days in different states. For example, it is combined with Civil Rights Day in Arizona and New Hampshire, while it is observed together with Human Rights Day in Idaho. It is also a day that is combined with Robert E. Lee’s birthday in some states. The day is known as Wyoming Equality Day in the state of Wyoming.

Jany Mainguet

Back to top Go down

Post by barbotinpaul Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:37 pm

it's a big day for every american people and for all lover NBA. because it's a day who several matches in a row. Whit good hours for people live in Europe. this day it's day who all the world can see NBA so it's the same intention as MLK.And it's a day who honor a big people in history of america. Need that for recognition. And RIP KOBE

barbotinpaul

Back to top Go down

Post by NATHAN PAPINHO Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:39 pm

26/01/2020 it was yesterday , but today I'm sad because yesterday was an basic day until 8pm , at this hour this day become an important day . In fact at this hour in read on my phone the death of KB24 , Kobe Bryant , he was dead in a crash with his daughter and 7 other people . Kobe is a great baskteball player but he is not just that he is an icon for a lot of people and he is a real model for life between work , generosity , superstar and record . I'm sad because we know " legend never die " but he is die with is daughter who have only 13 years old and I pray for this women who is mother and wife .
At the beginning I want to reply at this topic with a joke about my birthday , but I had to write this to have like a personal memorial ceremony for this legend and all the families who this crash hurt

NATHAN PAPINHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Digeos Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:19 pm

So today it's the topic wich I had supposed who was choose, the Martin Lurther King day. So it's important because in USA more pricisly in NBA, it's a very big game night for each nba team with 14 games in during the day. In France the first game was at 20h until 4h30 for the game in the west coast. So for a NBA fan like me it's an important day.

Zachary Digeos

Back to top Go down

Post by Yann BENOIST Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:53 am

For me the most important day ever it's Halloween, this typical American fest it's so fantastic and so crazy. We need to affrayed the most people to have some candy, Halloween is the fest for caries too. Moreover is my birthday too and when i'm child i did my birthday with horror, it was the horrorbirthday.

Yann BENOIST

Back to top Go down

Post by HAQUET Virgile Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:52 pm

Martin Luther King, Born in Atlanta on January 15, 1929, Martin Luther King after studying theology became a pastor in a Baptist church in Montgomery, Alabama in 1955.
At that time, segregation between whites and blacks was very widespread in the United States.
A nonviolent black civil rights activist, Martin Luther King has played a major role in the empowerment of African Americans and the realization of the injustice of segregation in the United States.
August 28, 1963, delivers his famous speech known as "I have a dream"
He was received by President Kennedy and received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964.
HAQUET Virgile
HAQUET Virgile

Birthday : 2000-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Daunas Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:18 pm

I will speak of October 12, 1492. It is the discovery of America by the explorer Christopher Colomb.

On the night of 11 to 12 October 1492, in an expedition commissioned by the Spanish court, Christopher Columbus (Cristofo Colombo) becomes the first person in modern history to find a road between Europe and America.

His mission was to take him and his men to India, but it is rather on an island of the Bahamas archipelago that they land after 9 weeks at sea.

Columbus names the island «San Salvador», wishing to thank God for having made it find land after this long journey.

In all, the Italian sailor will make 4 transatlantic trips to the Spanish court.

Hugo Daunas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next