UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 - Racism

+21
Louis Nicolas
Mathilda Joyeux
BAH Mamadou Gando
Mahiedine Fruchard
Agathe NEGRONI
Kevin Paquet
wenhaoyi meng
Arthur Lombard
Omer C Karadag
Emma
Elise Maret
CHARLES Denis
kamel khedim
Céline Métais
zonglin
Arnaud H
Lauralee G
Céline Mille
FLEURENTIN Jealex
Rosh LOUKOU
Admin
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 6 - Racism Empty Week 6 - Racism

Post by Admin Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:32 am

Because you have no English for 3 weeks (?) here's another topic too. Just be happy I didn't choose Gando's Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - Racism Empty Re: Week 6 - Racism

Post by Rosh LOUKOU Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 pm

Whaoo Racism as discussion Smile .

My positions can be reject don't worry guys. Racism is actually the most known subject that divided or fed daily our planet. Its a discrimination form for that love between people is very deeply bannish.

I remembered one situation where two blacks people very known as World Star was considered as migrant in Italia (land known as leader in racism. My apologize to Italian people in this platform Myth or reality  Question I said is a myth

Come on my text, these people seated was very insulted by some italians people on social network

Week 6 - Racism 2346665-sans-titre

In reality, they was seated because tired and waited every next sign text for lovers.

Racism it's a synonym of non advancement , impetuous conflits such as communal conflicts. We must cultivate in absolute, minimal love between people for world equilibre.

Racisms reasons can be various and very deeply Surprised . But, we must switch in other way it's very important nowadays with technology, globalization and others ...

Thanks Cool

Rosh LOUKOU

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEURENTIN Jealex Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:58 am

Hi,
Concerning the racism, we must to know that the racism isn’t concern that white people and black people we can thinking that because before it’s this vision which was put forward, the racism concern all nationality all origin that is the real racism.
So I think racism is bullshit because we are the God’s creation and he make us with a lot cultures, traditions and that it’s the only difference but we have the same red blood which following in our veins.
If we were all the same the life will not be genius with a difference meet with an others persons and we will can’t share or defend ours cultures.
Nowadays, there are some countries where the racism are always present but now for me it’s question of education some persons think has superiority on the migrant because they are in their countries and the migrant not but I laugh that because I know some Metropolitan racism which don’t like some Maghrebe but they like their food like kebab, grec, couscous and chicken tagine

FLEURENTIN Jealex

Back to top Go down

Post by Céline Mille Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi,
I also believe racism concerns not only white and black people. It's a broader view. For me, racism is when you don't accept others due to their religious belief or what others look like. It's when you reject others because of they don't think like you.
Racists are closed minded and it's sad for them. I hope one day racism will disappear.

Céline Mille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralee G Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Hello everyone,
I also think that racism is the fact of not accepting a person because it is considered inferior.
All people are equal and we can learn from everyone.
It's important to have an open mind and be able to learn from people with different cultures.
I hope that racism will disappear as societies evolve, as well as discrimination, which is sometimes a consequence of racism.

Lauralee G

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnaud H Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:10 pm

I agree with all of you with your quotes of peace and tolerance. Except the quote of Jealex that we are God's creation, but we are not here to debate about religion. Even if these subjects could have some common points.

I would like to talk about xenophobia. Racism is an expression of hate and xenophobia is an expression of fear (like the word 'phobia' says). And if I can't understand racism, I can understand xenophobia. And consequences of xenophobia could be the same as racism' consequences. My grand-father had never seen black people before he was 20 (I know it's a old story). So, he was obviously afraid and he was always careful with black people.
I think that education is the only way to change the mentalities. The American melting pot doesn't work well ; and in spite of the efforts of some cities, different ethnic groups are concentrated in the same districts.

In the developed countries, the middle class are the losers of globalization, showed by the Elephant Chart of Branko Milanovic. It helps the rise of nationalism due to the globalization ; and it doesn't help to fight racism.

Arnaud H

Back to top Go down

Post by zonglin Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi,
The inspiring news is that most people have realize the equality of human rights and they respect each other. It’s interesting that in the world there is different culture and different nation. In my opinion, we shouldn’t discriminate the different people, but discuss and make friend with.
Maybe everyone will be happy to see that all the people are treated in the same way and everyone to be given the equal right.

zonglin

Back to top Go down

Post by Céline Métais Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi !
I agree that racism is a problem of mentality and education.
We have to make children understand that everyone is different (we don't have the same skin color, the same culture, the same language, etc) and we can still all live in the same country. Of course, it's the role of parents and school to inculcate that to children ...But I also think it goes through society where sometimes minorities are underrepresented (on TV, toys, books, etc.).

Céline Métais

Back to top Go down

Post by kamel khedim Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello guys !

It's pretty to see these declarations about clever people like you punishing racism. I'm ok with you friends Wink
But the past has its say about this. For several centuries, some people considered other one as inferior. Moreover, they were arrived to the point of using them as slaves, or goods to exchange on the triangular trade in order to enrich for example. Today, it still exists heirs of this wave like KKK in USA or fascist parties in few countries. Racism can't disappear as long as it still stinks even a low scent of this idea.

kamel khedim

Back to top Go down

Post by CHARLES Denis Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi !
I'm glad to see all your post and I can't disagree with it.

Racism is definitly linked with education and experience.
I think that because we live in a city with different cultures, we can exchange with each other and see that racism is only bullshit.
But there is other people who live only in a closed community. Then if there are problems (economic for example) they want to see a explanation or a scapegoat, and sadly sometimes it's another culture that is accused.. Moreover some politicians stir up this.

I don't accept racism, I'm only try to understand why it still exists.

CHARLES Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise Maret Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Hello,

I'm agree with definitions you gave. I think it's alarming because racism still exist and I have the feeling that it's worse and worse. As Céline said, racism concerns not only white and black people. With the election of Trump and the ascension of FN we can see racial hatred can be violent by the words and it's really sad. We can't accept that.

Elise Maret

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise Maret Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Hello,

I'm agree with definitions you gave. I think it's alarming because racism still exist and I have the feeling that it's worse and worse. As Céline said, racism concerns not only white and black people. With the election of Trump and the ascension of FN we can see racial hatred can be violent by the words and it's really sad. We can't accept that.

Elise Maret

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:45 pm

let's see the world as a human body, if racism was a sickness it would be a cancer.
slowly but surely destroying every single part of the body.
Racism divide humanity at times where unity is the only things that can save us, we're supposed to be treated all equally but depending on where you're coming from the treatment you receive differs, it goes to acceptance and love when people are like "us" to rejection and hatred because we are different, and that's the reason why war starts and entire population are decimated

Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnaud H Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Very interesting opinion Emma, but save us from what ?
Emma wrote: unity is the only things that can save us

Arnaud H

Back to top Go down

Post by Omer C Karadag Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:37 pm

I agree with all of you with your quotes. Nowadays racism shows a rising trend with the situation of migrants, the emergency of nationalist parties like it's quoted above.
Indeed, in the cradle of Europe, in Poland, we could see a racist movement during the independance day against the Jews, the Muslims. The most important is the fact that the Polish Gouvernment does nothing.

Omer C Karadag

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Lombard Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi,

I think racism is a really important subject, but nowadays it's always difficult to talk about it. In our society, racism is rampant, and I personnaly think that we dont talk enough of it. If we talk about USA, we can see that racism is a big problem, as the  recent event of Charlottesville proved it. With the rise of far right movements, the problem will grow even bigger in my opinion.
But we dont have to go in the USA to face racism. In our country, which is the "human rights" (lol!) country, racism is present too. Simply look at the rise of the FN, which is a far right party, look at the controls of the police... Well, that's not really pretty but it is the truth

Arthur Lombard

Back to top Go down

Post by wenhaoyi meng Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi

Today,I think the "racist"is one of the most serious allegations.Our consensus is that the fight against racism is a progress of human being.Today,the biggest disagreement in US or "human rights"country is how to define ''racist''.Evaluate a person by their ability rather than their color is correct,but the identity of his minority and can not bring unfair to others.Many companies scruples multiculturalism so they can not simply expel ethnic minorities just because not efficient...On some television shows you can blame a white person for wantonly(ex:Trump LOL)but for others?Be careful man...The entire society overreacts to this issue and came up with a joke“It is ok to be white”
As for our Chinese,Our main ethnic of 95% “HAN”already very disgusted Policy of racial inequality for us.
For US,For a country of many races?This is the root cause of their social instability.

wenhaoyi meng

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Paquet Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi

Racism has always existed. Lot of people had rejected a person because he was different. The colonisation has probably the most important demonstration of racism in History of Humanity.

Racism is still present in our society, but it can take different forms. The first demonstration of racism is the verbal of physical attack, as we can see in the South of the US. Secondly there are discriminations against people doesn't the "same" culture or nationality of us (race or religion), especially when they looking for a job. Thirdly the ignorance and reject, like in Europe with the migrant crisis. I fell lot of people don't realize the difficulty there are confronted in their countries and in Europe after the travel (difficult as well). European people must be help them instead denounce their actions (as try to go to UK).

Difficult discussion is racism, and I believe this shit will not stop easily...

Kevin Paquet

Back to top Go down

Post by Agathe NEGRONI Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I agree with all of you and I really liked your metaphor Emma. Racism is a danger for our society and unfortunately it is going worse and worse : too much people are close-minded and have prejudices upon others...
I think that education is very important to avoid that : we must tell children that no matter the skin color, the language, the culture, etc...we're all different and it's ok Wink

Agathe NEGRONI

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahiedine Fruchard Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello,
It’s a subject pretty hard, I don’t really know what to say … I though racism will disappear but with the raise of National Front and terrorism it appear that racism is probably more important today than in 2013 for exemple. I’m afraid of people who make an amalgam between terrorist and the islamic religion … Amalgam is a central topic, people have to understand that arab or black people aren’t same people there is a lot of respectable citizens. It appear until now that France society refuses to make an amalgam between terrorism and Islam, and promotes the acceptance of others.
I believe that if foreigners people are « stoking » in poor neighbourhood they will continu to be at the fringe of the society. But France is not the worth about racism if we compare with US for exemple.

Mahiedine Fruchard

Back to top Go down

Post by BAH Mamadou Gando Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 pm

hey there,
I will start my analysis by quoting one of the most famous and beloved person this earth will ever know: Former south africa's president NELSON MANDELA he once said: "I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But, if need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die".
I absolutely share his point of view. Racism is something everybody should fight against. No one on this earth deserves to be treated diffrently because of some kind of unfounded differences. It's an it is an ignominy, an attack on the inalienable right of having the equalities of treatment, of luck. it is an attack on the inalienable right of having the equalities of treatment and luck. As far as i'm concerned it's not our differences that define us but rather what we have to offer and whatever our differences are we always have something to offer . Furthermore racism towards a human being is an attack to his dignity and to prevent such attack the the legislator recognized in the universal declaration of human rights of 1948 that the dignity inherent in all members of the human family and their equal and inalienable rights
constitutes the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the
world.

BAH Mamadou Gando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilda Joyeux Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi everyone
The racism is a plague which unfortunately will never disappear. People who allow to judge somebody by his religion or by his skin color are, for me, closed-mind, and it's not necessary to try to discuss with people like that (I've already tried and I wondered in which world they lived to be so much racist).
And I totally agree with what Agathe said, it's thanks to the education that we can avoid racism.

Mathilda Joyeux

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Nicolas Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 pm

Hi everyone

Racism has always been a problem. It is obviously caused by a lack of education, and we should do everything in our power to fight it. But I think we are seeing the rise of an even bigger problem : the fact that we can hardly talk about racism without being called an SJW or being accused of politicizing an issue. This may be more apparent in the US than in France. In the US that debate is as toxic as it goes. You just can't talk about it in a political debate, especially with Republicans.

That worries me more than the actual racism. Because we can't fix a problem if can't even talk about it.

Louis Nicolas

Back to top Go down

Post by HUANG Jing Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:58 pm

When we talk about the racism, the first thing we may think is Black men in US. There si many black people who account for one-tenth of the total population of the US. But we can know that half of all black men can’t find a job in New York City because of the racism. In China, there is also a phenomenon of racism. Some chinese people have many prejudiced views about race, gender and nationality.
What is more, some of them are anti-Western. Even though everyone has his own point of view, i think that we should make our own view absolutely clear, and know what we did was right.

HUANG Jing

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin frugier Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:27 am

Nowaday, the racism are a dangerous subjet and i will give my opinion
The racism is for me, a problem who come from the education given by their parents. For exemple, a kids don’t care about the different between them. If they like each other , they are friend and they don’t care. The child will have prejudiced if their parents have prejudice.
i think some people are just close-minded and is this problem who increase racism. It’s the fear in unknown or the fear of foreign culture who inspire the fear so they are turning to the racisme
kiss, my little rabbit

Robin frugier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next