UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orange is the new black

+5
joachim natali
Vincent Balthazar
Clémence Giraud
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Melody Gazengel
9 posters

Go down

Orange is the new black Empty Orange is the new black

Post by Melody Gazengel Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Hey! I've also just finished the season 1 of "Orange is the new black", I think everybody has heard about this American TV series!

It's an original productions of Netflix created by Jenji Kohan and broadcasted since July 2013. It's based on the autobiographical book "My Year in a Women's Prison" by Piper Kerman. This woman was imprisoned for money laundering, and  his experience in prison served as the basis for the television series.

Besides the main actress who plays the main role looks very much like her physically!

Please have a look!

Orange is the new black Photos10

So in the first episode Piper Chapman, the main actress is sentenced to fifteen months in prison because she carried money for drugs, ten years earlier. Throughout the episodes, we learn more by viewing flash back regularly. In her past she lived several years with a woman, "Alex" who carried drugs for a powerful narco-trafficker.

Since then, she had had a good professional situation, businesswoman projects, she met a man, Larry. But she was denounced by her ex Alex! Thus, when she is caught up in her past and sentenced to prison, Larry, her fiance, ask her to get maried so that they remain faithful to each other.

In the first season, Piper will then discover life in prison and some of her co-detainees will make her live hell (by sabotaging her meal or even worse by giving her nothing to eat) because she is seen as a rich little girl.

There is a lot of rebounding, she works at the prison workshop and repairs tools, Crazy Eyes a woman who is crazy with hallucinations makes advances to Piper,...

Larry learns from his father, who is also Piper's lawyer, that is Alex who denounced her. Larry is lying to his girlfriend in order to that he doesn't get him any more trouble.

Piper begins to talk to Alex again, because she doesn't know about the denounciation, and they get in a relationshipand, so a disagreement out between Piper and his boyfriend, so Larry propose him an ultimatum.

Piper chooses Larry, forcing Alex to cut ties with her, but Larry visits Alex who convinces her that the problem comes from Piper. So Larry breaks with her girlfriend.

Now alone and without support, Piper is targeted by Doggett, a possessed detainee who launches her several death threats.

It's finally at Christmas Party, when all the inmates are at the show that Piper and Doggett have a showdown.

While Doggett is about to kill Piper with a sharp crucifix. Piper then follows the advice of her black friends, the others detained: she defends herself, puts her on the ground, and strikes her in the face. So this is the last scene, we think that Piper had killed Doggett but we don't know really what's happen!

To know, the outcome is available in the 2nd season! This will be interesting to watch  bounce

Melody Gazengel

Back to top Go down

Orange is the new black Empty Re: Orange is the new black

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello Melody!

I've watched the entire serie of Orange is The New Black and it is a very special show that i like because it promotes tolerance and acceptance!

The characters are very likeable, I advise you to keep on whatching it, I love the fact that it can makes you go from laugh to tears in the space of one single episode, it is in the Top 2O of my favorite shows Smile
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Hey,

I've never watch this serie but I'm very interested in. I think I will watch it soon.

Also, I think my question will be very stupid but.. Where comes from the name "orange is the new black" ? I know orange is the dress of the prisoners but why "is the new black" ?
Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:20 pm

I'm not sure Clemence but I think it is about the fact that "Black" is the trendy color, the color everyone must wear to look good and who makes everyone look good (such as "La Petite Robe Noire" if you know what I mean Wink and the title implies that now, Orange is the new "essential", the new trend Smile
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 pm

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:I'm not sure Clemence but I think it is about the fact that "Black" is the trendy color, the color everyone must wear to look good and who makes everyone look good (such as "La Petite Robe Noire" if you know what I mean Wink and the title implies that now, Orange is the new "essential", the new trend Smile

So if I well understand, we have to go to jail to be trendy Aha ! Thank u Elsa Wink
Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 pm

I can't help you Clémence but I'm interested too !

I don't remember why but I've stopped to watch this series. Even if it promotes tolerance and acceptance (I love when theses values are treated), I think the story is too long to begin.

However, I appreciated that their is a transgender actress, black actresses... These communities often are under-represented, and I think it's a good way to promote their acceptance in the society. That's like Sense8 where the character of Nomi is a transgender actress (in the real life). Maybe one day I will watch it again, because I heard so much good vibes about this series.
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by joachim natali Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:37 am

Hi Melody,

I love Orange is the new black, the only complaint I could bring is to be a little too much in the stereotypes.
joachim natali
joachim natali

Back to top Go down

Post by marie brachet Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Hello Melody!
I've seen the first episodes of this serie but I stopped it because I didn't have time to watch it but I would like to start it again with pleasure, it is a good serie Smile

marie brachet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gendry Marceline Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi Melody !

I've seen the first season of the "Orange is the new black", I like this series, but in my opinion the end of the season is too slow, and the episodes do not tell a lot, but that's just my opinion;)
Gendry Marceline
Gendry Marceline

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Malgorn Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:05 am

I like this series, it's funny and it's enjoyable to watch, but it gives a reflection too good of the prison and is not faithful to the reality! But if you like TV show which talks about jail, you can watch "Wentworth", is an Australian series and it deals with a female prison in Australia, it's not funny in comparison to Orange is the new black and it's more violent.

Orange is the new black Wentwo10
Tom Malgorn
Tom Malgorn

Back to top Go down

Post by maelys fouche Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi,

I've watched this serie too. The first two seasons were amazing. I really liked to understand the story of each caracteres because you can know how they ended up in jail! However, the fourth season is getting crazy. I think in this season everything is nonsense. The prisonners are taking the jail in hostage, they ask for a lot of things and everything is disproportionate. But the caracteres are soo funny so it's still a good serie Smile
maelys fouche
maelys fouche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down