UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 - Future technology

+20
euniceL3
Mike RAMSSAMY
yuyang
Cécile RIMAUDIERE
Charles roger
aida zalagou
Jeremy ROGEON
François VIVIER
Nantian YAN
SURAULT Charline
Charlotte Vergnaud
Vian Pierre-marie L3
Valentin Poucineau
Emmanuel THOMAS
Athénaïs Parisy
ZHANG SHUN ZHI
Marjorie VANNIER
jinyi zhao
Zhexun WANG
Admin
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 7 - Future technology - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 7 - Future technology

Post by Admin Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:59 am

Aian wrote:Hello everyone,
Let's talk about technology in our time and in the future!
Today we have many inventions that were a surprise for our parents and grandparents. I won't tell you story about computing machines in 1956 and in 2016. You know it better than me. But I would like to have a jaw about the link between a technology and literature.
There is genre of literature who’s name is science fiction. In my opinion, thanks to this genre we have a possibility to present and to make the future by ourselves(if your fantasy doesn't perform well). For example, we have headphones Airpods and it's awesome! Wow, such little to be headphones! No. There are the words about “Shell in the ear” in the book of 1951 named“Fahrenheit 451” by Ray Bradbury. A wife of protagonist of this book wore it whole days listening to the news and music.
In this book we can find out our television-set for the whole wall, colorcast, miniature portable screens like our smartphones or map-case etc.
We have it all now, it's incredible, isn't it ? People who have died give us a chance, they give us a possibility to change our lives for the better. And maybe fiction writers of our time see and show us the future who is coming soon?
Maybe men would disappear and women would continue the human race without them like Bernard Werber was describing it? Or maybe the cinematography would go up and would make films leaving a temporary space? Or people would explore the death and they would discover what we(our souls) have after the death of bodies and brain? It’s so interesting to me, how technology may help us and should we use it to ameliorate environment of the Earth?

Or maybe we'll be like in the Matrix!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by YAN Wenyi Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:07 pm

yuyang wrote:Hello everyone, I’m looking forward to the future technology to make our life easier and more comptable . Like having a Doraemon, we can burst something nowadays samed as restraints . What the most expected  for me is  new technology in medical treatment and in games. I think in the future, we can have more effective treatment methods and cure more people. Like application of nanotechnology in medicine, and clone technology. I really want to take off my glasses in a much more secure and cheap way. And the Motion Sensing Game can make our life more fun when we stay at home… cyclops

I'm so glad to have some commmon ideas with you, since I was a child, I have been expecting to have a Doraemon who can help me figure out lots of problems with his high-tech products. and the " time machine " is a fascinating product for me. With putting the time machine in the class, students are abled to witness the developpement of the world, which is much better than requesting us to memorize every word in the book. Futhermore, from the aspect of the future technology in the medicine fields, I believed that the more and more incurable disease, which contains not only physical disease but also the mental illness, will be possible to be cured.

YAN Wenyi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Redureau Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 am

Hi,

Personally the technology that interests me the most is the connected and intuitive home. Today we call it home automation, the objects are synchronized with a smartphone, a computer or with television. Projects are set up like the mirror screen to watch TV, the smartphone will become a universal remote control, touch screens will be put on the ground to serve as a task detector, person traffic detector for intrusions for example.
The house of the future will be autonomous and energy efficient. All these technologies will be put in place to facilitate the life of man and the environment.

Bobby Redureau

Back to top Go down

Post by Guillaume Scrofani Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi!!

I am highly interested in what the technologies can provide to humanity in the short or long-term future. And when I think about technology it’s the one that really helps to solve humankind issues that come to my mind. So I think it will help to cure diseases, to better understand how the world and the universe works, etc.

But I do think we have to be cautious regarding the new technologies. This for two key reasons. First, those who spend the most in research and development and science in general, are the military. The second reason, the companies that are designing the future, such as Google, Facebook or Amazon (these companies spend a lot in R&D on artificial intelligence for instance) invest to make their company more profitable, and here is the danger. The difference between a scientist doing fundamental research and private investor or company is that the scientist has an ethic whereas the private company act by only focusing on its own welfare.

Guillaume Scrofani

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2