UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Group 1 Sports

+9
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth
Andrea AROSTEGUY
Gendry Marceline
maelys fouche
Clémence Giraud
Vincent Balthazar
BROSSET Céline
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Week 7 Group 1 Sports Empty Week 7 Group 1 Sports

Post by Admin Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:46 pm

This could be really boring but you could look at issues to do with sport like the cult of Celebrities or money in sport or drugs or health or childhood victimisation....
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Group 1 Sports Empty Re: Week 7 Group 1 Sports

Post by Gwenaelle Hatchi Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:09 am

Eh.. ! For me, it’s not boring, I love sport and this fact it isn’t a secret.
In my life, I can’t live without sport : « I eat sport, I drink sport and I sleep sport » Yeah I know, I’m crazy.
I practise in boxing club during the week, and take all my time (approximatively 12h/weeks). So I’m really invested in this subject.

All subjects that you propose are interesting : because we are touch directly or indirectly by this subject.
Even if we don’t practise sport, we can watch or be touch by others (media, friends, family, ect.)

What’s more, I think sport is incredible like others subjects (like that music, food, ect) because he can suit to all.

So with this panel of sports, anybody can find a sport to try or practise.

Money and drug in sport are subject that you hear the most in the media.
Money : It’s frequent in the sport I practise (Boxe) and the drug was also really important. But today with inspection (check) it’s allow to prohibit this.

Maybe you saw or you heard that an event/buzz for the player Russia Maria Sharapova ; who is controled « positive » by drugs.

So, yeah I think this subject is interesting for me.
And you ? Do you like sport ? Do you practise sport ?
I'm await of your replies. cheers
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Gwenaelle Hatchi

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:12 am

Hi !
Hope you're doing well Smile
I'm not a huge sportive (I confess, I'm kind of a lazy girl and my sport's practise depends on the period), but this subject could be interesting and it's part of our society.
I practised tennis for 8 years when I was wa child. I tried volleyball, but I was so bad that I've hated it. Then, I did some Wing Chun (I loved it !!!!!!) and 2 years of Kung Fu. I really enjoy martial arts, because I think that they're the most complete sports : you can let off steam thanks to the fighting side, but also learn to know and understand your body. To me, martial arts have psychological virtues. When I lived in Cannes, my Kung Fu' teacher was Hoang Nghi. He's very well known is the field, and He was the Jet Li's lining in movies.
Last year, I did a lot of jogging in Poitiers, but when winter came, I prefered practise Netflix's marathons. afro
I like the majority of sports, except swimming. Swimming is the devil. Swimming is hell.
Gwenaelle, we must fight each other ! :p Sport seems to be a passion for you !
Concerning the sport' area, I have a troubles with the exorbitant salaries of the spotives ... Thus, I'm not an adept of the sport marketing, although I understand its necessity, but I find the wages of some spotives literally indecent.
Drugs is also an issue but, if my memories are good enough, it was just Sharapova's medicine and She just had to take them for her health. Am I wrong ?
I think that, like always, media overbid situations and I'm not interested in what they say in this field...

An other current subject is related to e-sport. What do you think about e-sport ? Do you think that it can be considered as a real sport ? I've heard that e-sport might be ad to the "Jeux Olympiques" ! Smile ans I'd be pleased to have your views on this.
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi girls !

For my part, my favorite sport is : sleeping ! I'm so lazy to practise any sports. When I put my feet at the outside, I just regret my blanket. Winter is coming and my sport desires is leaving Cool

But, I have to admit that I love natation. I practise this sport since 2008. Every summers, I've done 2 months of swimming, 2 hours a day, and 30min of cycling. But every years, during the winter, I lost everithing. Moreover, since I'm at the university, I don't find the time to practise my sport. Indeed, the courses of swimming are on tuesday's afternoon but we always have school...

During my childhood, I've done lot of kind of sports. For example, table tennis, athletism, theater, rugby, handball, basketball... But that was not conclusive.

I've read you question Céline, about e-sport. In my opinion, e-sport doesn't deserve to be an internationnal sport at the olympics games. Indeed, the brain isn't a muscle so we can say that this kind of sport can't be compared to volley-ball for example.

However, I think the competitions outside the olympics games are right. According to me, people link these sports because there is the notion of "performance" behind both, but there is a different way to practise it, the performance isn't the same in both cases.
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi guys !

Such a good subject this week aha ! For my part, I've been practiced triathlon (swim, bike, run) in a sport study program for 5 years but now I'm retired Very Happy  
I also practiced track and field for 7 years (middle distance race). I've also make one year in STAPS but I was so intelligent that I had to meet a harder university choice Cool .
I think money in the sport is a very current subjet.

In my sports, triathlon and track and field, it is very complicated living as a professional because it is very low-paid.. I've friends considered as professionals in Triathlon, but they can't live from their work, even if they training between 20 and 30 hours a week, they have to work beside training so it is very complicated.

I'm very sad when I see the wages of football players who just have to put a ball in a "cage"... I think earning so much is very unfair compared to other beautiful sports but moreover not fair compared to the poverty that many people faced.

On one side I think that the sacrifices, all the determination and mental on the training session or race days have to be rewarded. In fact, a high level athlete have to makes a lot of sacrifices to reach a performance. For exemple, when I trained, I couldn't eat that I wanted, I couldn't party with my friends, I was often tired, sometimes injured.. For me, all this pain for a performance (or not ahahah) have to be recocognized. And we have to remember that an athlete career does not last a long time so sometimes the wages are not as higher as we think.
In an other way, pay a football player or a tennisman 25 or 40 (or more) million is scandalous ! I think there must be a middle way.

What do you think ?
Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:37 pm

BROSSET Céline wrote:Hi !
I'm not a huge sportive (I confess, I'm kind of a lazy girl and my sport's practise depends on the period), but this subject could be interesting and it's part of our society.
I practised tennis for 8 years when I was wa child. I tried volleyball, but I was so bad that I've hated it. Then, I did some Wing Chun (I loved it !!!!!!) and 2 years of Kung Fu. I really enjoy martial arts, because I think that they're the most complete sports : you can let off steam thanks to the fighting side, but also learn to know and understand your body. To me, martial arts have psychological virtues. When I lived in Cannes, my Kung Fu' teacher was Hoang Nghi. He's very well known is the field, and He was the Jet Li's lining in movies.
Last year, I did a lot of jogging in Poitiers, but when winter came, I prefered practise Netflix's marathons. afro
I like the majority of sports, except swimming. Swimming is the devil. Swimming is hell.
Concerning the sport' area, I have a troubles with the exorbitant salaries of the spotives ... Thus, I'm not an adept of the sport marketing, although I understand its necessity, but I find the wages of some spotives literally indecent.
Drugs is also an issue but, if my memories are good enough, it was just Sharapova's medicine and She just had to take them for her health. Am I wrong ?
I think that, like always, media overbid situations and I'm not interested in what they say in this field...

An other current subject is related to e-sport. What do you think about e-sport ? Do you think that it can be considered as a real sport ? I've heard that e-sport might be ad to the "Jeux Olympiques" !  Smile ans I'd be pleased to have your views on this.

Netflix's marathons have to be recognized as an Olympic discipline Very Happy
Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by maelys fouche Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi people,

I like sport, I'm practicing badminton with University and it's quite funny. I really like to do be with people that you know because sometimes after class we don't have so much time to meet each others so badminton it is a good way to be together. Also you can meet people from different universities so that nice too. In a mean time, I practiced horse riding for several years and I still love it. I don't know but the feeling on the horse it's just amazing for me. I stopped to do horse riding in clubs but I have a friend who has two horses so I can still practicing.
To talk about sport generally, I don't understand why people get drug to performe theirs performances. I know that the competition is really hard and you have to be the best as you can but I'm asking myself are you happy to win something if you cheat on ?
And last with Eudes we were talking about riders and he told that nowadays riders put motors in theirs bikes to be faster. Crazy!!
So I hope for the years coming people will become aware about this because it is not sport if you don't respect the rules!
maelys fouche
maelys fouche

Back to top Go down

Post by Gendry Marceline Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi,

I also practiced all kinds of sports, like ping-pong (table tennis), swimming, rugby, handball ... but the one I preferred was athletics. Indeed, I practiced athletics for 3 years and what I preferred is the cross or the hurdle jump. But I had to stop and now I lost everything in the race ..

Sometimes I like to watch sports on TV, especially when they are big events like the football world cup, rugby world cup, or the olympics. I think that sport has the power to bring people together. Because sport is a universal subject, no matter if you like it or not.
Do not you agree? Smile
Gendry Marceline
Gendry Marceline

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea AROSTEGUY Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi guys !

I don't practice any sports... As Vincent I'm so lazy too...
But, the things changed because when I was young I practiced a lot of differents sports like dance, gymnastic, athletism... I did classic dance when I was six. Then, I did gymnastic from nine to twelve years old. Then, I did modern jazz, it's a kind of dance. To finish I practiced theater until my sixteen but I stopped this activity because I moved on an other city for my studies. I tried to go in a gym but it was too expensive. Since, I didn't practiced an other activity... I would try to do something in Angouleme but I don't know what...

Last edited by Andrea AROSTEGUY on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrea AROSTEGUY
Andrea AROSTEGUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Gendry Marceline Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 pm

BROSSET Céline wrote:Hi !

An other current subject is related to e-sport. What do you think about e-sport ? Do you think that it can be considered as a real sport ? I've heard that e-sport might be ad to the "Jeux Olympiques" !  Smile ans I'd be pleased to have your views on this.

haha, I also practice the marathon series Céline, it requires endurance Wink
Gendry Marceline
Gendry Marceline

Back to top Go down

Post by Eudes de Geyer d'Orth Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi everybody,

Sport have a special part in my life.
I practise tennis since my birth. My father was a tennis coach so it unconsciously forced me play tennis i think Surprised
All my life, tennis been my favorite sport and i never stopped to practice it. I joined the Angoulême tennis club this year to continue to improve my tennis level.
From the end of my secondary school to the beginning of my high school, i was in a sport and study class. I had adjust timetable who allowed me to have daily tennis training.
It loved this type of studies but i stopped it because i wasn't good enough to be a pro player and i didn't want to be a simple tennis coach Neutral  
Now i have less training (just once a week) but i love the tennis as much as the beginning.
I watch all the tennis cup on TV and I am a great fan of the hero, the legend, the GOD : Roger Federer I love you I love you I love you

Week 7 Group 1 Sports Roger-Federer

Roger is the greatest athlete ever, he is 36 but he is as good as the the beginning of his career. Watch him play tennis give me real pleasure and it give me a lot of emotion , when i saw him win the Australian Open earlier this year it was one of the best day of my life.
Roger is so talented that his nickname is the GOAT, not because he looks like an animal but because he is the Greatest Of All Time !
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth

Back to top Go down

Post by Eudes de Geyer d'Orth Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:37 pm

BROSSET Céline wrote:
I practised tennis for 8 years

I hope that we gonna play tennis together this year Céline Cool
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:13 pm

John McEnroe > Roger Federerererer
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie Auclair Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Clémence Giraud wrote:Hi guys !

Such a good subject this week aha ! For my part, I've been practiced triathlon (swim, bike, run) in a sport study program for 5 years but now I'm retired Very Happy  
I also practiced track and field for 7 years (middle distance race). I've also make one year in STAPS but I was so intelligent that I had to meet a harder university choice Cool .
I think money in the sport is a very current subjet.

In my sports, triathlon and track and field, it is very complicated living as a professional because it is very low-paid.. I've friends considered as professionals in Triathlon, but they can't live from their work, even if they training between 20 and 30 hours a week, they have to work beside training so it is very complicated.

I'm very sad when I see the wages of football players who just have to put a ball in a "cage"... I think earning so much is very unfair compared to other beautiful sports but moreover not fair compared to the poverty that many people faced.

On one side I think that the sacrifices, all the determination and mental on the training session or race days have to be rewarded. In fact, a high level athlete have to makes a lot of sacrifices to reach a performance. For exemple, when I trained, I couldn't eat that I wanted, I couldn't party with my friends, I was often tired, sometimes injured.. For me, all this pain for a performance (or not ahahah) have to be recocognized. And we have to remember that an athlete career does not last a long time so sometimes the wages are not as higher as we think.
In an other way, pay a football player or a tennisman 25 or 40 (or more) million is scandalous ! I think there must be a middle way.

What do you think ?

I'm totally agree with you about the football players they make a lot of money because it's very publicized. I agree that other sports earn much less for so much effort or more. 
You are very brave to have been able to do this for a sport, because you have to make sacrifices by contributing to the food, the party, you need to always be diligent.
Virginie Auclair
Virginie Auclair

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Bonnaffous Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm not a big fan of sport but I practice a bit like the ftiness I do a program at home but I admit that I have trouble sticking to it

Otherwise I have been dancing since I was 6 but I also went swimming when I was younger but I had to stop but I miss

I really like the topics that you propose, I think that the wages in the sport especially for some sports are really too high like the footballers whereas other trades which are more important are much less paid like the firemen whereas they save lives !!

In addition, I think that in some countries sport takes too much place especially among children, some countries do horrible things to children especially in China with gymnastics for example!

But otherwise from a general point of view I think that sport is good for health, it helps us mentally and it is a good way to make friends, sociabilize and fight against obesity in children in other !!

Manon Bonnaffous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Eudes de Geyer d'Orth wrote:Hi everybody,

Sport have a special part in my life.
I practise tennis since my birth. My father was a tennis coach so it unconsciously forced me play tennis i think Surprised
All my life, tennis been my favorite sport and i never stopped to practice it. I joined the Angoulême tennis club this year to continue to improve my tennis level.
From the end of my secondary school to the beginning of my high school, i was in a sport and study class. I had adjust timetable who allowed me to have daily tennis training.
It loved this type of studies but i stopped it because i wasn't good enough to be a pro player and i didn't want to be a simple tennis coach Neutral  
Now i have less training (just once a week) but i love the tennis as much as the beginning.
I watch all the tennis cup on TV and I am a great fan of the hero, the legend, the GOD : Roger Federer I love you I love you I love you

Week 7 Group 1 Sports Roger-Federer

Roger is the greatest athlete ever, he is 36 but he is as good as the the beginning of his career. Watch him play tennis give me real pleasure and it give me a lot of emotion , when i saw him win the Australian Open earlier this year it was one of the best day of my life.
Roger is so talented that his nickname is the GOAT, not because he looks like an animal but because he is the Greatest Of All Time !

Hey I love tennis too but I'm not practising. I've watched the DavisCup it was so amazing !! France is the world champion cheers
Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Solène Bergier Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi guys,

I am actually not practicing sport... But i am missing it ! I dance since i am 3 years old, I am crazy about sport, it was my favorite class!! Practicing sport in high level is very exciting! With my group of dance, we arrived at the first place few times at the national competition, it was so exciting!! I really miss the atmosphere !!
I also have done basketball, handball, gymnastic, javelin, step, volleyball, table tennis, climbing!! I really like trying other sports! It is a good way to exert yourself and have fun, meet people ^^

I also cannot miss meeting such as Olympics games, Roland Garros, Biathlon, championship of 6 nations, athletics.... Very Happy,

Solène Bergier

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Eudes de Geyer d'Orth wrote:
BROSSET Céline wrote:
I practised tennis for 8 years

I hope that we gonna play tennis together this year Céline Cool

With pleasure Eudes afro
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayra Fernandes Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 pm

So, I'm not really made to practice sports, mainly because I'm so clumsy that I can't really be good with anything that involves my body moving too fast or balls flying at me.

I already try volleyball and tennis for a while when I was younger, but I always end up falling, or tripping on my feet, or being hit by a ball, so I gave up trying sports with balls. After that, I tried dancing (not very good at it either) and finally muay thai, the martial art. I'm not very bad at it, in fact I really like to punch and kick people  Mad I practice for 3 years in Brazil until right before I came to France. So I miss it a little.

I also like extreme sports like rafting, abseiling and climbing. I like to be in contact with nature and try new things. But also a big fan of Netflix marathons, even more during winter. So it depends on my mood.

Mayra Fernandes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down