UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 subject-Sports

+25
Grégoire Gaucher
DEVAINE Jules
Olivier
Admin
Julia
valentin.faydel
ewan
amélie Reutenauer
maxine navarro
Morgane piaugeard
Anthonin Garnier
léa.tallon
Elisa VINCENT
Maéva De Sousa
Pierre JEUDI
corantin E
Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI
Nina Brissonnet
Vigié Alexis
Dorian MIMAUD
Gaëtan GARCIA
Romain HUMBERT
Vadim Cano
Mathilde Donguy
Marc Monot
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 2 subject-Sports Empty Week 2 subject-Sports

Post by Marc Monot Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:37 pm

A little recap from the "Tour de France" by Marc Monot TD5

THE "Tour de France" is the biggest biking race; It's the more popular and the most follow in the world. It's the Third sports event the most follow on TV in the word behind The summer Olympic Games(first)and the football Word Cup(second). The French racing cycliste are not bad in TdF; the last Year Julian Alaphilippe has wearing fourteen days The "maillot Jaune" is for the first place of the race, the "maillot blanc" for the first young (less than 25 years). The "Maillot vert" is for the first sprinter of the race and the "Maillot a poids" for the first climber. The TdF is a race with 20/25 days of race in different environments around the France : so mountain, lowland ,... always on the road. It's a team race but only one guy can wear a tricot.
This year, the French guy Alaphilipe was good the first week and he wears the "maillot jaune" two days. But he does a mistake and he looses the yellow tricot. and other French guy was good, he was third during one week; his name is Guillaume Martin. the second was insane for Slovenian racing cyclist : Primoz Roglic and Tadej Pogacar. Roglic wears the "maillot Jaune" and Tadej Pogacar wears the "maillot blanc" and he is in second position.
Yet it's not finished, there is one more week.

Marc Monot

Admin, Mathilde Donguy, Romain HUMBERT and Vadim Cano like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject-Sports Empty Re: Week 2 subject-Sports

Post by Mathilde Donguy Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:20 am

5 days before Roland-Garros, we will present this mythical tournament which takes place on clay between May 18 and June 7. This tournament was created in 1925 and has been held since 1928 in Paris in the Roland-Garros stadium. It succeeds the French championship created in 1891.

Last year, Rafaël Nadal and Ashleigh Barty were the winners of this Grand Slam, which allowed the Spanish to win his last title at Roland-Garros, 6 more than Björn Borg.

Due to the global epidemic, Roland-Garros will be held this year from September 21 to October 11, 2020 with a limited audience (11,500 spectators per day).
Rafael Nadal resumed this week the competition with the Rome tournament more than 6 months after his last match on clay to regain « sensations » before Roland-Garros where I hope he can win a 13th title on Parisian clay.

Mathilde Donguy

Admin, Romain HUMBERT and Vadim Cano like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject-Sports Empty How the Russia team beat the big England in october 2007 (by vadim)

Post by Vadim Cano Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 am

We are in 2007 the 17 of October At Luzhniki Stadium in front of 78000 spectators, Steve Mcclaren lines up a big team with big some names like Rooney Campbell or Steven Gerrard.
The russia put a very important pressure in the match and the english can't breath
All this icons was insufficient in front of the Russian armada composed by forwarder Arshavin (future arsenal player) and Pavlyuchenko (future Tottenham player) he scored 2 goals.
In this fire atmospher we walked on the England 2-1.
Since this we don't lose against england.

Vadim Cano

Admin, Mathilde Donguy and Romain HUMBERT like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject-Sports Empty week 2 - Sports

Post by Romain HUMBERT Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:40 pm

It was 2 years ago when I was palying basketball. During a game, an opponent was a bit trash because he was good and that's thanks to him that his team won the game. It was very frustrating because he was good and he had some luck and it pissed me off.
So I decided to beat him at the return game and I did it very well, I scored like 20-30 points in the game and I broke his ankles, not litterally but he fell down and every one trashed him.
He left the court crying because he lost the game and his team became the last of the classment.

Romain HUMBERT

Admin, Mathilde Donguy and corantin E like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject-Sports Empty Sports

Post by Gaëtan GARCIA Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:31 pm

I've often heard people saying "Sport is just a physical activitie, you shouldn't take it as serious as you do!". I have no doubt on the fact that they don't realize the impact of the Sport in our lives.
For instance, I play rugby for years and I started when I was about 6 years old. I've learned many things such as rugby tips but what I remember the most were the "social moments". Indeed by playing a team sport you have to involve yourself in the collective. You discover the notion of respect, of the rules of course and for your teammates and your opponent too. In the mean time, I would say that it takes a huge part in social integreation. No matters where we came from, what we looked like, if we were tall,small, fat or skinny, we were treated in the same way. It's as true in rugby as in the other sports.
Sort unifie people. The football worldcup is the best exemple. All french citizens were supporting their national team despite their different origines.
To conclude I would say that sport is not just about practicing a physical activitie. It has an impact far more important that we can think.

Gaëtan GARCIA

Admin and Romain HUMBERT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian MIMAUD Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:47 pm

I talking to you of formula 1. This race were Monza in Italia. There were a race who applicate a big power of our motor. To the qualifying and race the favorite were Mercedes with Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas the next favorite was Red Bull with Max Verstappen and after it was Renault with Daniel Ricciardo. But it was not all of this people who won this race it was a french pilot who won this race it was Pierre Gasly with his Alpha Tauri. In this race we had 4 give up. 1 yellow flag with Sebastian Vettel with his Ferrari and 1 red flag because Charles Leclerc had a big accident he went outside of the track and broke his car. Bottas Verstappen and Ricciardo had a problem with their motor. Hamilton had a penalty of 10 seconds.
So Gasly was the first french pilot who won a race since 1996 with Olivier Panis because Charles Leclerc is a monegasque and not french.

Dorian MIMAUD

Admin, Romain HUMBERT and corantin E like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject-Sports Empty WEEK 2- SPORTS

Post by Vigié Alexis Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Last sunday was the PSG-OM football match at the stadium 'Parc des Princes' in Paris, it was the 98th derby that we call 'classico'. It was a fairly historic match since the match ended with a victory for OM on the score of 0-1 who had not won at the 'Parc des Princes' for 10 years. He was also spectacular since the referee of this match distributed 14 yellow cards (8 for OM and 6 for PSG) and 5 red cards (2 for OM and 3 for PSG) in the same minute following the start of a fight between the two teams.

Vigié Alexis

Admin and corantin E like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject-Sports Empty Subject 2 -Sport

Post by Nina Brissonnet Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:12 pm

I chose to talk about horse riding because it is my sport and I love playing it.
Equitaion is one of the sports present at the Olympic Games since 1900 during the Olympic Games in Paris.
The most successful rider of the Olympic Games is Isabel Werth (a German dressage rider) who has 10 medals including 6 gold and 4 silver.
At the record level:
The highest jump is held by Huaso under the saddle of Alberto Larraguibel who is 2m47 in 1949.
The tallest horse in history was 2m19 and was born in 1846.

Nina Brissonnet

Admin and Mathilde Donguy like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject-Sports Empty INDOOR SOCCER

Post by Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:31 pm

I have been playing soccer in club for 7 years, and I have been playing soccer (outside, with my dad and my cousins or my friends) for at least 15 years. This Tuesday evening, I went to indoor soccer (SUAPS activities). There were only boys, I hope there are some girls... The first matches, I was very very very bad, it was like my legs were blocked, even my passes were bad. Yet the game is not so different than with girls, maybe just more in lenght and more physical, so I think it's because there were only boys, in addition that I did not know... I was little ashamed to be so bad, but luckily in the end I managed to unlock myself and to do some good deeds... I hope that next Tuesday will be even better !

Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by corantin E Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:36 pm

September 02nd 2020, there have been the game 7 of the NBA playoff. The serie opposed Denver and Utah. This serie were ultra tight since two teams were to decide then a game 7 while its 3 for 3. Denver win the game 80-78 and pass the next round while Utah are eliminated.
This serie were amazing, so intense et mostly two players stood out "Donovan Mitchell and Jamal Murray". Mitchell is the best scorer of the Utah and Murray is the best scorer to the Denver.
They have been incredible especially then game 1 where mitchell score 57 points, on the game 4 the two players score 50 points and 51 points, Murray score 42 points the next game. Game 6, its Murray on fire that score 50 points.
At the end of the serie, there have been a respect moment enter Mitchell (crying after the lose) and Murray.

corantin E

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject-Sports Empty Sports : Rugby

Post by Pierre JEUDI Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:52 pm

I'm going to talk about Rugby. Rugby is a collective combat sport but for the other people, rugby is a sport dangerous or brute. But I've been playing rugby since I was 6 years old and remember I am small. So if this sport is dangerous or for bullies, do you think I will play it ? My answer is NO. I think, rugby is poorly judged by people who have never played it. I think, rugby is the most complete sport, we can play with foot, hand and the head. Moreover rugby player can be fat, tall or fast, skilful ad strategist and its very cool. For information this week is rugby school week, so let's go !!!

Pierre JEUDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Maéva De Sousa Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:55 pm

I talking about Handball because is my favorite sport.
Handball is a team sport with 7 players and 1 golie in each team. The goal of this sport is to score the most goals for win with his team. This sport is not the best known there the most practiced in the world but the french national team is ranked among the best of the world. For example, Thierry Omeyer is the best player in 2008, Daniel Narcisse is the best player in 2012 and Nikola Karabatic is the best player in 2007, 2014 and 2016. The French handball team is the in the only french team to be 6 time World Champion in 1995, 2001, 2009, 2011, 2015 and 2017. The next competition is on January, is the Europe Championship.
I have been doing handball for 13 years, is a sport very good to get a sense of the collective.

Maéva De Sousa

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisa VINCENT Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:12 pm

I'm going to talk about the gymnastique it's an aerian sport with a lot of sensation. This sport is played on four tackles, in the Olympic order: vault, bars, beam and floor. On each tackle, you have to do an acrobatic sequence with a little choreography for the beam and the floor. For the vault and the bars, it's different, you have to chain everything without stop you. This sport can be practiced as a team or individually, a team is composed of five gymnasts and only the three best grades of each stage are tackles into account. I think it's a beautiful sport to watch, gymnastics combines power and grace. For me the best gymnast of modern times is Simone Biles, everyone has already heard about it, she measures a meter forty-two and is four-time Olympic champion. Then, for me the best gymnast of the last century is Nadia Comaneci, she participated very young in the Olympic Games and is in the first to have obtained the perfect score of 10. French gymnasts are also very good! For example, Mélanie de Jesus dos Santos is the most decorated frenchwoman at the European Championships.

Elisa VINCENT

Back to top Go down

Post by léa.tallon Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:51 am

SO (oh no that she’s gonna make us up again this one...), Heyyy I am back! :) (<-- It’s always a smiley face...)

Being a high level handballer and recognized as THE best (completely fake ), so I didn’t do much hand this year... So not because I chose but for a very, very good reason that is the COVID19. So I don’t really have much to say about sports this year. Before this tragedy that ravaged the world and of which I was the only survivor (to a few details), I was playing hand, I was working out (I practiced LA SALLE) and I coached small monsters from 5 to 13 years, YES IT DOES A LOT, especially a lot of noise and kangaroos mainly.

once again, it is still as serious in this forum :)

léa.tallon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthonin Garnier Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:39 pm

Chivalry
It is a sport not very well known that I had the chance to try during an initiation into sword fighting with the techniques of the Middle Ages. First of all you have to put on the armor which is very heavy, about 25 kilo (not easy to move with its) then I am handed a sword which is lighter than what I thought. Then they put a helmet on my head, I do not see much through the small holes made to see, it is very hot in this armor. I took myself for a real knight, but the first attack I fell to the ground is impossible to get up on my own, it took two people to help me. I hope to be able to do this experience again one day.

Anthonin Garnier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgane piaugeard Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:49 pm

Swimming is one of the most complete and non-shocked sports for the joints, which is why swimming is one of the favorite sports of the French, on the program since 1886 this discipline appears in the JO Swimming is one of the most followed sports of the Olympic Games,
To date, France is ranked 13th among the medallist nations in the history of the Olympic Games in swimming race with 35 medals.
One of the most well-titled and well-known swimmers I would speak is Florent Manaudou, a French swimmer who specializes in freestyle events. He is currently licensed at the Marseille Swimmers’ Circle. He is the younger brother of the swimmer and Olympic champion Laure Manaudou.
In 2012 at the London Olympics, he won the gold medal over 50 metres of freestyle ahead of Cullen Jones and César Cielo. At the age of 22 he became the sixth Olympic champion of French swimming in an individual event. This title surprises the observers, he who was never named in the French Grand Basin Championships.
The following year in Barcelona, he was crowned world champion in the large basin of the 4 × 100 m freestyle relay with Fabien Gilot, Jérémy Stravius and Mehdy Metella. In August 2014, Florent Manaudou won four gold medals at the Berlin European Championships (50 m and 100 m freestyle, 50 m butterfly and 4 × 100 m freestyle) and in December became the most medallist French swimmer at the World Swimming Championships in Doha, where he won six medals. On his three individual races, he scoring two world records on 50 m freestyle in 20 s 26 and 50 m back in 22 s 22.
Two-time silver medallist at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (4 × 100 m and 50 metres free), Florent Manaudou announces on September 27 that he "in brackets" his career as a swimmer, in order to return to handball. He has already practiced this sport until 2003 and has been forced to stop to devote himself to swimming. He joined the National 2 staff of the Country of Aix University Club handball.

Morgane piaugeard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by maxine navarro Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:01 pm

hello, my name is maxine and I aman olympic swimming champion. I broke every possible and unimaginable record just by staying on my couch with my bowl of chips and m&m's (because it is too good).
my dream is to one day go to a prestigious swimming club but I know which one yet because everyone wants me (because I'm too strong) but they don't want pay me so I won't go and I will stay in six meter garden pool to train.
No, no it's not a joke, I assure you, it's absolute truth. One day I event almost the record of the 200 meter butterfly of men but I had too much laziness (and they anyway it's to easy for me).
But I don't want be popular because it's useless and that's not my goal. My goal in my life It's one day to find in Mr COX's class.

maxine navarro

Admin and léa.tallon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amélie Reutenauer Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:09 pm

I will talk to you about handball, because it is the sport that I know best since I have been practicing it for 12 years, I will not explain the rules since it has already been done by Maéva but I can do you by organizing a high level match.
Indeed, in 2011 I had the opportunity to help set up the hand room for the women’s euro qualifiers, when you look at it from the outside you don’t realize but it really requires a lot of preparation, between the setting up of the pitch, goals, bleachers, the placement of sponsors on the poster or sticker, or the distribution of flyers on each seat. On the other hand, doing this makes it possible to see in preview the training of the two teams that were there at t

amélie Reutenauer

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ewan Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:18 pm

i don't really know anything about sports, so i am just gonna talk about water sport's because i am a swimmer. i swim a lot, well i used to, i used to swim at least 6hours a week, but that was not enough, because when you swim you have to do it very often like all other sports, it keeps you in shape and helps you get better. But most of all you have to adapt to your difficulties and try to fix them otherwise you will not advance in this sport.

ewan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by valentin.faydel Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:03 am

I'm not realy interesting in sport actuality. So I can't say any thing on this. The only thing I can say is the reasons for why I do sport. For me sport is a big party of my life, even if I read manga, play video games all the day, without sport I'm nothing. All of my besser meet were all thanks to sport, at my club, at school or in the street. For me sport create and maintain link. What is beter than team sport for learn to know someone ? If you want to win, every grudge have to be left out of the ground. We win together, We loose together, we cry and laugh together. But the most important is to have fun with your team and your opponent.

valentin.faydel

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:54 am

I started playing sports when I was very young. I started with judo but I didn't go beyond the yellow and white belt. then i went rock climbing in gemozac. then I got into basketball thanks to my mother and my neighbor. because my neighbor was the president of the gemozac club. and for 12 years I haven't quit basketball. sport and basketball in particular gave me a collective spirit and the desire to do my best not to give up.

Julia

Admin and Olivier like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:57 am

Julia wrote:I started playing sports when I was very young.  I started with judo but I didn't go beyond the yellow and white belt.  then i went rock climbing in gemozac.  then I got into basketball thanks to my mother and my neighbor.  because my neighbor was the president of the gemozac club.  and for 12 years I haven't quit basketball.  sport and basketball in particular gave me a collective spirit and the desire to do my best not to give up.

Is Marie-Christine still the president of Gemozac (or in overall charge). If she is send her my love and tell her that I'm your English teacher. I am the most famous Gemozac coach ever. clown Basketball geek
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Marc Monot and Olivier like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivier Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:13 pm

The Euro 2016 Final is the 15th European Championship Final organised by UEFA. This football match took place on Sunday 10 July 2016 at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis, France . It opposes Portugal to France, host of the competition.In fact, Portugal won the European Cup on a goal of the EDER replacement on which no one would have bet. It was one of the most frustrating moments for the French team and France as a whole.
We comforted ourselves with the victory of the blue team at the 2018 World Cup, but that’s another story...

Olivier

Back to top Go down

Post by DEVAINE Jules Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Since I was little, I have always loved sport. When I was 5, I started to play judo during one year and I just reached the yellow and white belt. After that I did athletics but just one year again. the following year I practice fencing, but I had to move and I stopped. When I arrived in Royan I decided to surfing, and I was in a club during 4 years and after I practiced alone and still today I practice. And 5 years ago I found my sport the tennis and I will never stop playing it .

DEVAINE Jules

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:27 pm

DEVAINE Jules wrote:Since I was little, I have always loved sport. When I was 5, I started to play judo during one year and I just reached the yellow and white belt. After that I did athletics but just one year again. the following year I practice fencing, but I had to move and I stopped. When I arrived in Royan I decided to surfing, and I was in a club during 4 years and after I practiced alone and still today I practice. And 5 years ago I found my sport the tennis and I will never stop playing it .

Until next year when you decide that boxing is much more fun. Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next