UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV series - homework

+24
Quentin17
Alan Le Bourgocq
Philomène Pagnoux
Maxime Boisson
Vince Lepine
TheoG
Maëva Bertaud
elodie vaz
Sacha Eltes
Thomasbellin
gaétane soulet
Gaborit Valentin
zoé cornu
Mathis FARDIN
mathieu maxence
EmmaGym
Honorine Mousset
Adrien ROY
Victor Albert
gauvrit valentin
Maxime Pageaud01
Marion16
Yohana Dumont
Admin
28 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

TV series - homework Empty TV series - homework

Post by Admin Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Create your own thread to talk about the TV series you choose to do for your homework. Write once each week about what you watched.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

TV series - homework Empty Re: TV series - homework

Post by Yohana Dumont Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:02 pm

I am going to speak about the series : Games of Thrones. Episode 1 "Winter is coming".
There are many characters.
Westeros is an imaginary country who exist only 2 seasons, the summer and the winter and it's here where is the kingdom of 7 crowns with the irone throne.
The capital is Port-Réal. The King is Robert Barathéon and the Queen is Cersei Lannister with their 3 children, Joffrey, Myrcella and Thommen.

But in the North of Kingdom, be found Winterfell's city with the King Eddard Stark et the Queen Catelyn Stark along with their 5 children, Robb Stark, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon Stark and an adopted son Jon Snow.

This two parts are separated by the wall kept by the Night Shift.
At the beginning of episode, the north's people are afraid by White walkers. While they had a walk in the wood, they found a wolves with 6 wolf cub who will be adopted by Stark's children.
The King Stark became the King's Hand of The King Baratheon.
While he leaves in Port-Réal, he finds out that his son Bran had an accident because Bran saw Jaime and Cersei Lannister, 2 twins, passionate love-making, so Jaime shoot in the space.

But Westeros is separeted by a strait, Essos, where live Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen. In order to finds the Iron Throne, Viserys create an alliance with Khal Drogo by marrying her sister with him.

Yohana Dumont

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion16 Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pm

My choice of serie is "Orange si the new black".
Season 1. Episode 1.
Main Character : Piper Chapman.

An episode quite annoying but explaining the context for the continuation of the story.
Piper lives a life peaceful with a beautiful childhood but decides to indulge in prison for some stupidities she did being younger ny love for a women names Alex : drug traffic.
In episode, we find much of flash back between her life passed with Alex and of her discovery of the condition of life in prison and her life present with Larry (her fiance).

At th end, Piper discovers Alex in prison beyond her panic.

Marion16

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Pageaud01 Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm going to talk about one of my favourite series "The Walking Dead".
I'm on the season 8 episode 1

This episod talk about Rick and tribues of Alexandria and the Kingdom. This groups attack groups of "Saviors" which kill every survivors in this world. I'm very happy because I hate Negan, I want that Rick's groups kill everybody saviors.
The continuation in the next week !

Maxime Pageaud01

Back to top Go down

Post by gauvrit valentin Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:04 pm

My favorite series is The Walking Dead. I'm in episode 1 of season 4

In this episode we find the band of Rick who is installed in the prison is strongly begins this developed because we see agriculture and breeding. Many people go on an expedition while others work to fortify the grids. They resume an almost normal life because we see that many couples appear peace sign within the community.

gauvrit valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Albert Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 pm

I decided to look at the series " Peaky Blinders "

I liked the first episode because the atmosphere is directly installed

The scene takes place in 1919 after the WW1 and the city of Birmingham is mainly separated between communists, peaky blinders and a group named "IRA"

To begin peaky blinders are a family gang reigns over a district of the city of Birmingham which lives on bets of bookmaker, on the black market and theft
The name Paeky Blinders is due in razor blades put below their caps to make a weapon.We see although this family has a big influence because the people which meets them are afraid of them
We learn in the first episode that this gang stole one cargo of weapon of a local factory. An inspector is send to know who of the peaky blinders, communist or IRA groups stole the cargo. The family learn quickly that an inspector was sent and thus decide to part from the cargo

Victor Albert

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm

it's great
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien ROY Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:12 am

I chose to see a documentary on sports each week. So this week, I saw "Breaking2-Documentary Special". It's a documentary on the project Sub2 of Nike.
The aim of this project is to see if it's possible to run a marathon under 2 hours. For that, three athletes of Nike will try the challenge : Zersenay Tadese (who won a gold medal at Olympic games in 2004 on 10 000m and he have the actual world record on a half marathon), Lelisa Desisa (who won the Boston Marathon in 2013, the edition where there was an explosion of bombs 2 hours after he crossed the finish line) and Eliud Kipchoge (the Olympic gold medallist from Rio in Marathon and he won 8 of his 9 marathons that he participated).
Moreover, Nike brought together also a scientific team (endurance expert, performance engineer, physiologists...) to achieve the goal. So, scientifics and athletes worked together.
The race day takes place the 6th May in 2017 on the circuit of Monza. All conditions have been optimized. But any athletes succeded to break the 2h barrier same if Eliud Kipchoge failed for just 25 secondes because he finished the marathon in 2h00'25''. This record isn't approved by IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations).
However, this performance stay amazing and bring lot of new skills for scientifics and athletes for their future competition (and bring also lot of money for Nike I imagine because they commercialize the schoes that Eliud Kipchoge used).

Adrien ROY

Back to top Go down

Post by Honorine Mousset Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:41 pm

I decided to talk about the Stranger Things series.
The story is happening at Hawkins in Indiana in 1983.
At the beginning of the episode, a creature escapes from a Department of Energy laboratory taking away some by a trapped scientist.
Later, Will Byers, a boy of 12 years old, returns home after playing Dungeons and Dragons with his friends, is attacked by the creature and disappears.
The next day, a strange girl with shaved hair and a tattoo on the arm showing the numbers 011 appears in a restaurant to steal food.
The cook decides to take care of her before calling the social services but he is killed by a team wanting to recover the girl, who eventually escape.
Sheriff Hopper will then search Will and find his bike in the forest.
Lucas, Mike and Dustin, will's friends also decide to search for and find the girl.

Honorine Mousset

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaGym Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Hello Mister Cox.
I decided to look the series "Homeland".
Infiltrated in an Iraqi prison, the agent of CIA Carrie Mathison learns by a local informant that an American war prisoner, whose identity is unknown, was enlisted by Al-Qaeda to prepare an attack. A few months later, the sergeant of US Navy Nicholas Brody is saved by an American group of intervention having been imprisoned during eight years. Returned triumphantly in his country, the latter, completely traumatized, however has to face his totally upset family, she who considered it dead. He is also confronted with Carrie Mathison's suspicions, who sees in him the spy pulled by Al-Qaeda to realize a terrorist attack in the United States ...
Thank you and well on sunday.
Emma

EmmaGym

Back to top Go down

Post by mathieu maxence Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:46 pm

hello everybody, today i'm going to talk about Black Mirror, particularly the episode called " The futur society, a virtual prison" . In this episode, people live with virtual world all the time of their life. When the day wake up, all of the bedroom of people is a screen and it's a screen that simulated the sunrise. All of people were representated by an avatar. And people interract together via there avatar. To won money, they had to biking all the time, and this money serves only for pass advertising, for live correctly or for participate in a TV show that can make you become a star.

mathieu maxence

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis FARDIN Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Hello, I want to tell you about Salvation.
A MIT grad student Liam Cole discovers an asteroid is set to collide with Earth in 186 days, he joins forces with tech billionaire Darius Tanz and the U.S. government to try and stop it. This genius with his professor and Darius are creating a technology to divert this asteroid and save the humanity. But conspiracy and technology rivality between countries make the things really difficult.

Mathis FARDIN

Back to top Go down

TV series - homework Empty episod 1 of blackmirror, zoé

Post by zoé cornu Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Today I'm going to talk about the serie blackmirror that we watch in class. So to do this homework I chose another episode of this program. I watched the first episode of the first season.

This episode is built in three parts. It tells the story of the primes minister and the princess susanah of england. At the begining the prime minister is call during the night to watch a video of the princess which has been kidnaped. In this video we can see Susanah asking for a ransom to be delivered, before 4pm. But the ransom is not mony as we can see habitually but an act. The prime minister have to have sex with a pig.
At first he refused, and the survey of population was showing that he shouldn't do it. But at 1pm He received another video message wich show the kidnaper cut a finger of the princess. At the same time a tvchain received the finger of the ladies. So the survey reversed and most of people was for that the prime minister have sex with a pig.
So his advisor forces him to do it, he finally accepted so the video has been in direct live on a national tvchain. but after that we learnt that the princess susanah has been delivered 30 minutes before the live diffusion of the prime minister having sex with a pig. It was a prank and it works.

zoé cornu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaborit Valentin Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:26 pm

I will talk about the series "The Defenders", episode 1 of season 1. Between us, nothing special happens in this episode, very little action at the beginning of the episode with Iron Fist but not huge. For Luke Cage, he gets out of prison finds his girlfriend and I let you imagine the rest (they broke the dining table). For Dardevil nothing does but talk. And finally for Jessica Jones, she drinks (no water) and she decides to help a woman and her daughter who lost their husband and father, she goes to investigate his disappearance.
Here is the topo of the first episode of this series.

Gaborit Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by gaétane soulet Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Hello,
I'll tell you about the episode 1 season 1 of: the 100
Main hero: Clarke Griffin

97 years after a nuclear war that devastated the Earth's surface, the only humans are residents of an orbiting space station called "the Ark". 100 juveniles convicted of several crimes are sent to the surface and among them Clarke.
The 100 discover a land filled with new wonders and dangers. A small group of five, including Clarke, go to the site of the meteorological emergency operations Centre in the former state of Virginia, to try to find food and other supplies but not everything is going to happen as they wish, While the others remain on the landing site, celebrating their new world. On the Ark, the leader "Chancellor", was wounded, propelling councillor Kane to the head of the fleet. The new leader does not believe in mercy in a place where any violation of the law is led to death.

gaétane soulet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomasbellin Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Hello, I’ m going to talk about you to the serie if vikings..
The civil war Viking officially began in the episode 8 of the season 5 of Vikings giving the opportunity to Lagertha to take away the first battle. Furthermore, this first defeat for Ivar promises to make him angrier than never and its revenge should then be terrible and of the most violent. Besides, hurt seriously, the English bishop is always alive and Lagertha decided to save him and to return him in his camp, whereas Ivar thinks of it death. We wonder then how Ivar will react when he will discover that Heahmund is always alive, but also if the latter is going or not to change camp. And to finish, Although for the moment the big person of the intrigue is concentrated in Norway and in Denmark, we continue to follow English while they recover slowly from attacks of the sons of Ragnar. Aethelwulf is new king but in the place to prepare a strategy to avoid new invasions, Vikings or others he concentrates on the learning of the fight of his son Alfred who appears for the moment as the real hope of the English, an interesting character who gathers the qualities of three disappeared characters: Athelstan, Ragnar and Ecbert.

Thomasbellin

Back to top Go down

TV series - homework Empty Blue Montain States

Post by Sacha Eltes Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 pm

I chose to talk about the series "Blue Montain States".
In the first episode, the key characters of the series are presented, and we understand that this is a series dedicated to American football with a lot of humor and nonsense.
This first episode shows new recruits at an American football college, with a very special captain. Between sex, crap and adventure, this first episode is a treat.

Sacha Eltes

Back to top Go down

Post by elodie vaz Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Hello,
I will speak you from the Revenge series.
A series I love because it shows various things in today's society.
For the first season 1 episode 1, the series speaks of a rich family with heavy financial responsibility who will be led to have a lot of power over the company and their employees. We also see a family whose father works for the society of the rich family that will become the triggering element of the series. For the first episode we see especially the people who will become important in the rest of the series and later episodes we understand why the series is called Revenge.

elodie vaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maëva Bertaud Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:08 pm

Hello everybody, I'm going to speak about the first episode of the first season of the series "Peaky Blinders".
That takes place in England in 1919 after the first World War.
Peaky blinders are a family and a gang which manages Birmingham.
Thomas is the brain of the gang.
One day, he confides a mission to his men who fail and steal many weapons.
So, a new policeman who isn't corrupted arrives in town to find these weapons...

Maëva Bertaud

Back to top Go down

Post by TheoG Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Hello,
I am going to talk about Scrubs, the best serie ever. In the first épisode we see through the eyes of JD, the hero all thé principals characters. JD is a young Man who just became doctor in a hospital and This very Funny story will talk about all His journey with patients or people of the hospital
I have already seen this TV show 3 or 4 Times but always in French even if I tried in english before, because the french version is just Better

TheoG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Lepine Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:04 am

Hello, i'm going to talk about the film gladiator. The story takes place in the Antiquity. Maximus is a military commander, who is brave and faithful of emperor: Marcus Aurelius. The emperor remarks his courage, his strength during his fight. The emperor wants only Maximus obtains the power and became the new emperor. Nevertheless, the emperor’s son, Commodus, learns this news. Accordingly, Commodus killed his father and gives the order to kill Maximus. He escapes but his wife and his son are assassinated. Then, he became slave and he’s sold to be a gladiator.

Vince Lepine

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Boisson Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 am

Hello, I'm going to talk about my favourite anime who is "Dragon Ball".
In the first time you can see a little boy who live in a forest with very big animals, but the little boy, who is the main character, Son Goku, have a great streng.
He meets a woman, Bulma, who's looking the Dragon ball ( it's a crystals balls with stars ) to make a wish.
Bluma and Goku leave together for find the seven Dragon Ball.

Maxime Boisson

Back to top Go down

Post by Philomène Pagnoux Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 am

Hello, I am going to speak about the serie "13 reasons why". This is the story of a high school girl, Hanna, who killed herself. Before killing herself, she recorded 13 audio cassetes, each for one people who made something that killed her. It is her way to explain reasons of her act. Every people who was implicated had to listen the 13 cassettes. The last people who learnt them was Clay, he was in love of Hanna when she was living but he has never said it to her. During the serie, he wants to understand every cassette.
I have seen in English the 12th episode. So it is the 12th cassette, who is for Bryce, a powerful and arrogant men. During this cassette, she explains that Bryce has raped her during a party. So Clay went to Bryce's house and wanted him to admit his act. But he didn't. What's more, after the party, Hanna did a list of all the people who were a problem in his life, and her parents find the list but didn't understand.
The problem is that every people who are implicated in the suicide disagree: some of them want to denounce themself, but others want to mask and to say nothing to the police.
Maybe Clay will give cassettes to the police when he will have listened the 13th and last cassette.

Philomène Pagnoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Le Bourgocq Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 am

Hello everyone !!
I choose to watch the TV serie "Vikings". I begin to watch the first episode of the first season. The story take place in Scandinavia in 800 after J.C.. In this one we discover Ragnar and his brother Rollo Ragnar is a farmer and he goes each years in the East coast for loots poor villages. But Ragnar want to discover the West. the probleme, his clan leader was not agree with Ragnar. Ragnar make affront of his clan leader and he begin to make his own ship. He convinced mens to come whit him and more later they went from the East with his own ship. In their adventure it is possible they meet England...

The next in following episode.

Alan Le Bourgocq

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohana Dumont Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Epidode 2 in the season 1 of Games of Throne : "The Kingsroad".

Beyond the strait:

Daenerys took the road with her brother Viserys, her new husband and her men. They go to the capital.
The young woman is unhappy, treated as a sexual slave of her husband whose she won't know the language.

In the North:

After his terrible fall, Bran is immersed in a coma.Cersei and Jaime Lanister are afraid because Bran danger of reveal their secret.
While Ned, Sansa and Arya Starks are in Port-Réal, Jon Snow is commited in Night Shift, in the Wall with Tyrion Lanister. Before you go, Jon offer his young sister Arya, his firts blade.
A fire broke out in Winterfell, and Catelyn and Bran Stark are attacked by a mugger but the wolf of Bran jump in is the throat. Next to this murder attempt, Catelyn question that the fall of Bran either accidental. It was convinced that it's Lanister that they pushed him.

Joffrey and Sansa leave walking but a incident burst. Joffrey surprises a duel between Arya and a young man and he decides to fight against him. Arya defend her friend and the wolf of Arya fly to aid her mistress by bitting the Prince. Further to that Joffrey blame Arya and Sansa is shared between her sister and her intended. She chooses to keep silent and so, as an punishment, the King want to kill the wolf of Arya but it's ran away, so, he killing the wolf of Sansa.

At the end of the episode, we see Bran opening eyes.

The continuation in the next episode...

Yohana Dumont

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next