UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 First topic - Online popularity and Black mirror episode

+16
Julia Ceaux
Amélie Duverger
lilian
Aurelien Lavauzelle
Zeph
Johan Mary
Dylan Sourbé
BOUILLON Paul
CONIO Luigi
Boismorand Victoria
Mathilde BAJON
CHAVAGNAT Louis
Paul Coffier
Tseng-Qun Gian
kevin hilson
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Online popularity and Black mirror episode Empty Semester 2 First topic - Online popularity and Black mirror episode

Post by Admin Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:32 pm

You watched an episode of Black Mirror in class today. I'd like you to comment on the episode and give your thoughts about Online popularity, sincerity and obsession (through social networks).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Online popularity and Black mirror episode Empty Re: Semester 2 First topic - Online popularity and Black mirror episode

Post by kevin hilson Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 am

Today i'm going to talk about a épisode of black mirror watched in classroom . This épisode talk about a connected population. It is a digital World where a rated system with star is set up . Everybody live for have good notes toi be un most upper class.

kevin hilson

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Online popularity and Black mirror episode Empty black miror

Post by Tseng-Qun Gian Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:36 am

the topic talk about : It is a connected population. a system of notation with star is set up via the mobile phone. the more the average gets closer to 5 the more the person is known. a social class system will be put in place via this notation.

Tseng-Qun Gian

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic - Online popularity and Black mirror episode Empty Re: Semester 2 First topic - Online popularity and Black mirror episode

Post by Paul Coffier Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:41 am

I found interesting the idea to prevent from using social networks, however I think that we don't realize .Man is based around this intention to show others what he has constantly like clothes, cars etc. etc. social networks are always shown only because it is a phenome that develops and disturbs.
Paul Coffier
Paul Coffier

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAVAGNAT Louis Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 pm

This episode showed us how far the scoring system of a future society could go. So we can question the impact of social networks on our lives. On these networks, appearance is important to have many friends who follow us and have a popularity. However they also allow to discover new things around the world. In this episode social networks are exaggerated and this allows us to show the excesses they can bring.

CHAVAGNAT Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde BAJON Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Hello ! This episode from Black mirror has the intention of making us react, because in the episode, people do everything they can to be “popular”, but this popularity is hypocritical. The social networks are a way to share our lives but we must not expect people to love us more because of that. This search of “like” makes us invent our lives in order to show people that we are happy… But to be honest, I don’t think that people who show the most, are the happiest. So, we have to be careful when using these social networks.

Mathilde BAJON

Back to top Go down

Post by Boismorand Victoria Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Hello!Last day we watched an episode from Black Mirror.This TV series talk about a new technology and the utilisation of social networks.During this episode we saw the life about many people who live for likes on the social network and this mark give the importance of the personne in the society.I think this episode is interesting for show the impact of the social networks in a live of every body in the earth.

Boismorand Victoria

Back to top Go down

Post by CONIO Luigi Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Hello john, during the last room we watch Black mirror.
this episode talk about a connected population, this is the history of Lacie, a woman, in a virtual city with a system of points with social network. People spend her time to take photo and share this with other people.
I think that all the people are finally don't satisfy of this life style, like we can look at the end of the episode with Lacie;
Perhaps the future, like today, the technologie advance with the time.

CONIO Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by BOUILLON Paul Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:33 am

Hello, during the last classroom we watched an episod of the serie Black Mirror.
In this episod we can see a system of notation with star. This episod has the intention to making us react. I think that is the worst part of the technology today. This is like social network and the system of like. If you have a lot of like you can be a very good person and if you don't have a lot of like you're not interesting for the other people. All is virtual in this earth and I hope our world never be like this.

BOUILLON Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Sourbé Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Hello, the episode speaks of a world that is connected by social networks, the entire population is continuously connect to these networks.
The purpose of this connection is to note the behavior of each one with stars, better the person and noted and more his place in the society will progress and the vision of the others on this person will also be positive. The episode somewhere is a reflection of the current society since we live in a world where the population is more and more connected to social networks in order to share our private life with other individuals.

Dylan Sourbé

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Mary Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 pm

I really liked this episode because it reflects what is happening today around us. I find it sad but it is the reality. The 5-point scoring system is great for getting the message out to people. Unfortunately I think that will not stop with time. It's a shame to judge people from a profile photo, a social network, a note (a bit like school too). This shows how hard people can be between them.
Johan Mary
Johan Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeph Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Hello, today I'm going to speak about the episode of black mirror view in class, at first I had a lot of trouble with this series, but now I realize that every episode has a moral. This moral leads us to think after each episode. This episode speak about the connected population and their 5-star rating system, I think today, the population is more and more connected and this is in my sad sense because there is a very strong dependence for our generation. For me we are wearing the face with technology that controls us.

Zeph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelien Lavauzelle Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:52 am

Hello, today I will to speak of Black Mirror episode. In this episode, people live in socity when "likes" are verry important. For my part, I disagree for this livestyle because we doesn't real whith other people for win star. And I'm honnet people so I can't live in système like in this episode.

Aurelien Lavauzelle

Back to top Go down

Post by lilian Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:41 pm

This episode can make us think about different topics. For example the interest of social networks in our daily life, are they really useful?
It can also make us think about how we see the world and not just behind our screen.

lilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélie Duverger Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Hi, during in class we saw an episode of Black mirror. These episodes are made to shock us and make us think.
Here this episode, tells the story of Lacie who lives in a society guided by social networks and the notes that are given. Lacie which completely followed this system in the beginning will abandon it at the end. It makes us think about the impact that social networks could have if they were misused.

Amélie Duverger

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Ceaux Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Hello ! I had already heard about the Black Mirror series, it's really very interesting, it criticizes the current society and allows us to realize the impact of new technologies in the future and even now, that these progress do not have only advantages. On the other hand she has a unique ability to make us feel uncomfortable.

Julia Ceaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 pm

Hi ! Today i'm going to talk about a episode of black mirror watched in classroom. This episode is very interesting because it can be the futur reality. The impact of new technologies are very importante for a lot of person.

Enzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupuy Valentin Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 am

hello! today we going to talk about black mirror, in this episode we can see the future of the technologie, every people have a phone and every one take a jugement, maybe it's the futur

Dupuy Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by massé styven Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:50 am

hello the last week in class we saw black mirror. This serie is about selfone technologie. in this serie we are in the world of numeric live. in this societe for every people whant to do something they must to use theirs selfone. this serie talk about one girl who whant to be a célebriti but at the begining of the serie her story is not beatiful because she is poor and she live with her brother.

massé styven

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo Leger Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Hello, today i'm going to talk about black mirror, i find this serie is very interessant because the dystopia proposed in this series can touch us in a distant future or a very near future. This invites us to question the importance that technology has on our lives, and what it brings us. Nowadays many people are inventing a "second life" through technology and that can help some people. In my opinion I find unfortunately that many people give too much importance to this "second life", and this can cause problems in real life, especially because of addiction.

Mateo Leger

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:09 am

Hello Sir ! I have changed my serie and i look prison break now ! I love this serie because there is a more suspens. The last week, I have forgotten to complete UP english so today, i tell the first and second episode. In the first episode, michael scotfield have his brother in prison and he want to escape his brother. He had the tatoo on his body with the path to freedom. In this second episode, michael scotfield talk with his brother to exit of prison. His brother is shocked because his condanation is in three weeks.

Enzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Sourbé Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Hello, in episode 9 The Punisher Lewis a young of 22 years old and former military return to the field but Curtis he too a former military prevents him for his safety. Lewis detonates several bombs and wrote to a reporter saying that the government is exploiting US soldiers but also that he hides some things. Curtis and Franck discover that lewis is behind his bombs, so they go out looking for him. Curtis find it first except things go wrong, lewis violently strikes curtis
and he attaches it to a chair on which is a bomb. Franck finds Curtis on the chair and negotiates with lewis to deactivate the bomb. Bye

Dylan Sourbé

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupuy Valentin Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 am

hello, today I'm going to talk about a movie because last week I finished game of thrones. so i watched assassin's creed, i had already seen this summer in spanish so i looked at it in english this time though.
it is the story of a man who enters the animus to live the life of his ancestor who is a murderer. the assassins have always been at war with the Templars, the Templars are looking for a relic that is an apple where there is inside the genetic code of free will, if the Templars fall on the apple the killers will all be killed. hi to next week

Dupuy Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Sourbé Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Hello, I started a new series because I have finished The Punisher and the new serie is Damnation.
A strike organized by a pastor prepare because the farmers can no longer sell their products in their village. The American state pays other farmers to sell their produce instead of local producers.
A strikebreaker kill a protester it will worsen the conflict.
Bye

Dylan Sourbé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down