UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Series: This is us

4 posters

Go down

Series: This is us Empty SERIES : This is us

Post by Marina Guillon Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:41 am

Hi! For the next few weeks, I will talk about the series “This is us”. I choose this series because my sister advises it to me. Moreover, I knew the name of the series but never watching before. It’s not the type of series that I’m actually watching, but it’s a really good surprise. In fact, I watched the third episode of the first season, and it was really hard to stop watching!!

This series tell the story of an American family who four members have the same birthdate. How does it possible? Because, Rebecca (the mother) was pregnant of three babies and she giving birth on Jack’s birthdate (the father). But they lost one of their children during giving birth, and the parents decided to adopt a child who was abandoned at the same day, in the same hospital.

The particularity of this series is because we follow the story of the children, Rendall (adopted one) Kate and Kevin (twins) when they are young with their parents and, at the same time, when they are adult at 36 years old. At the first episode we become immediately attached to the character and their story. It’s a very funny series with a lot of unexpected development, and I’m pressed to see the rest!!

See you next week!

Marina Guillon

Back to top Go down

Series: This is us Empty Series: This is us

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:32 am

For this exercise, I’ll talk about This is us. I have seen the first two seasons, the third will become next week so the timing is perfect with this class. I have recommend it to all my friends.This is us is one of my favorite series. The story is simple but really interesting. We follow the life of an American family. We follow the present and the past of the characters. In fact, we follow at the same time two generation: the two parents when the three child were baby, children and teenager and this three children when they are adult. This flash back to the past enable to understand a lot’s of different things like the personality of the characters and the relation between us. This is us touch on a lots of different subjects of the life like family problems, death, love, frustration, obsession... This powerful series is distressing and funny, that’s why I like it so much. I have the feeling that each episode give me a new lesson. I look forward the new season. Very Happy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Series: This is us Empty Re: Series: This is us

Post by Meghane Cren Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Marina, you will love this series, I followed it last year and it is extremely fascinating. You will not be bored, between the jumps in time and the dramas that shake up their dailies. Enjoy !
Meghane Cren
Meghane Cren

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Guillon Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:10 am

Hi everybody! It was hard to wait one week to watch the next episode of my series!! I’m on the episode five now. In the last episode we know more on the personality of the characters.

Kate lives in LA, she is overweight and she suffers of this. During her childhood, she was rejected by her classmate because of that. And now she meets her new boyfriend in a group where overweight people talk together of their experiences and try to feel better. I like Kate because she is so funny and endearing.

Kevin is a celebrity of a TV show, he lives with his twin, Kate. He is rich but he isn’t happy because his role is a stupid guy, he plays a nanny. So he decided to quit and move to New York to play a new role. He has a mask of an idiot handsome man but in reality he is smart without self-confidence.

Rendall, like I said on my previous post, is an adopted child. On his birthdate (36) he finds his biological father and decided to bring him at his home. Rendall has two little girls. He has a very good situation with a beautiful house in a good neighbour, he is rich. But we discover in the episode that he suffered during his childhood because he was a « black child » in a « white family ».

It’s all for that week sorry! The next post arrives at soon!!
Thanks you, Meghane for your post, it motivated me to watch all the seasons!

Marina Guillon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Guillon Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi guys! This last week I watched two new episodes of my series This Is Us.

In the sixth episode, we learn that Rendall is very intelligent and when he was a child, he was transferred to an elite private school. Today he is a weather trader, and no one understand what exactly it is, but Rendall is captivated by his work.

Kate find a new job as a personal assistant for a woman (Her name is Marin I think) and her daughter is very hurtful with Kate because she is overweight too. We learn that Kate has a problem with Rebecca (her mother) when she was young, because she was a beautiful thin women and Kate was jealous.

In the seventh episode we discover, the rivalry between Rendall and Kevin during their childhood. Kevin was jealous because Rebecca has more attention to Rendall, and Rendall was sad because Kevin was hurtful with him so he thinks that Kevin doesn’t love him. This situation doesn’t have change during they are adult.

Finally, at the end of the episode, William (Rendall biological father) accidently reveals to Rendall’s wife that he knew Rebecca since Rendall was a baby !!! (OMG affraid )

The next post arrives at soon!!

Marina Guillon

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 pm

It was a real pleasure to meet up this amazing family of This is us, one year after the second season. I have immediately regain the atmosphere that I like so much: dramatic but funny at the same time.
I feel like it is my second family and I recognize me through them. I feel truly happy with their come back.
During this episode, we have discover how the couple (Jack and Rebecca, parents of the triplet) met, and we discover that their first date was horrible. Jack never gave up and sometimes, we have to go over obstacles to achieve our goals. It is the aim of Jack and Rebecca’s story in this episode.
We discovered that Kate can’t have any baby because of her weight. Her weight is it’s life’s most struggle.
This episode was also about the adoption and the question of belonging to a family. Randall was adopted by Kate and Jack and now, with is wife they are a foster family and he wants to adopt.
As always, each moral in the end of the episode, sad or happy, make us feel something. It is always interesting and after each episode we are that feeling of learning a lesson about the life.
Now, I cannot wait to see the next episode on next week !
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Guillon Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Hello everybody!! It’s officially I can’t stop watching my series!!! (I’m on eleventh episode now  Very Happy )

Many many things happen! We learn more on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve tradition of the family. For these events all the family is gathered.

Kevin has a new girlfriend, Olivia. She is an artist and Kevin work with her. He invited her to celebrate Thanksgiving at Randall's house. But they have a fight and Olivia leaves the city. At the same day, Kevin slept with Sloane another artist, he works with her too. Shocked

Rendall discover that his mother knew his biological father, and that she lied to him all his life. He is devastated. He announced that on the Thanksgiving’s dinner! The atmosphere was so tense!

Kate broke up with her boyfriend Toby because she wants to focus on her weigh and her life. After a disastrous flight (much turbulence, she was afraid to die) she decided to have an operation for reducing her stomach. On Christmas Eve, Tody come to Randall's house to make a surprise for Kate! It was soooooooo cute!! But at the end of the dinner Tody collapse!!!  affraid

I all ready watched the next episode to know if Toby is alive or not ! So Toby ………..
I tell you that the next week!!!  Twisted Evil  Be patient!!!

Marina Guillon

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:06 pm

For this week, they did a flash back about after de death of Jack. We see how Rebecca and the children are grieving their loss. Rebecca didn’t help Kate with her weight when she was 18, she was too sad for support her family. But today, she help her for steps of IVF treatment.
Kevin’s career as actor start with a big film. All the film critics are very good. I hope that he will have a lots of new opportunities now.
I like the link that the director make between the different life and generations. This family are really close and everyone help each other in every situation.
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Guillon Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi!

[ Before I talk about my series, I have noticed that Isaure’s topic and mine becomes one!! And it’s a really a big problem for me because Isaure is on the third season and I have just finished the season one! So I don’t want to be spoiled!!  No  I watched another series at the same time, so the next week I will change my topic!! ]

I have finished the season one!! I know it’s represent eighteen episodes of forty five minutes in just one month. But I love this series!

Toby ….. is alive!!! I was so scared that I died because I will be so sad!!! So in the last seven episodes, many things happen, so I tried to make a resume!!

After Toby collapse Kate and Toby discuss marriage! Kate decided to don’t have weight loss surgery and go to a special camp instead. Kevin breaks up with Sloane and Olivia and decided to reconcile with the women he really loves, Sophie, his ex-wife and his girlfriend during his childhood. Rendall has a nervous breakdown because of his problem with his work and his family (his biological dad is sick). After his stay at the hospital, he decided to drives William (his father) to his hometown, Memphis. At this moment we learn more on William’s life. At the end of this journey, William died. It was sooooooooooo sad. I admit, I cried a lot. After his biological father death, Rendall looks through a photo album of his childhood and wants to adopt a baby.

The season one end with the history of Rebecca and Jack (parents of Kate, Kevin and Rendall). We know that Jack died when Kate, Kevin and Rendall were adolescents but we don’t know how. Maybe we learn that on the season two… Question

To conclude this topic, I love this series because you feel a lot of different emotions with many unexpected developments. In just one episode you can laugh, cry, smile…

I stop this topic but I will watch the season two and three quickly!  

Have a good day!! sunny

Marina Guillon

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:07 pm

For the third episode, a lot of things happened but I can’t describe all of it. I will explain the most important. We have discover that Rebecca, when she was younger, has given up his dream to sing in New-York for stay with Jack.
Since the death of their father, perceived as a hero, the 3 children do everything to keep their father alive through them.
Kate had a surgery for the IVF, but we don’t know if it has work or not.
Kevin wants to find out the past of his father during the Vietnam war.
And I have forget to say one of the most important things of this tv show, I like so much all of the songs.
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:38 pm

The fourth episode is called Vietnam. During fifty minutes, we see Jack before, after and during the Vietnam war. So the contexte was totally different. We saw how much he cared about his little brother. But he died there. We understand why « family » was so important for him. We understand also why he wanted his children to be close to each other. In every situation, Jack is my favorite character.
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Aupetit Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:28 pm

SO SORRY Isaure I made a mistake on your post I clicked on the "-" I didn't want to!!!!!!!
Anyway, I'm so excited to see the future for Toby and Kate! fingers crossed.
And of course, I LOVE JACK I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:26 am

I don’t know why, but This is us has been deleted from Canal +. So I hope that I will be able to watch the end of the season.
During the holiday, I have watch Kidding, so I will talk about it. I have seen only the first five episode, but I will watch all the season. The main actor is Jim Carrey. He plays the character of Jeff, aka Mr. Pickles, is a famous children's television icon, a beacon of kindness and wisdom to America's children and the parents who grew up with him - who also anchors a multimillion-dollar branding empire.
But Jeff struggles to retain his sanity as his family falls apart. He works with his sister and his father (his boss). One year age, I lost his son. He will gradually see his universe collapse around him. He is a good and simple man in the face of the cruelty of the world.
It's crazy but touching at the same time, sometimes morals are happy and sometimes unhappy, that’s why I like it a lot.
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 pm

This week, I continued This is us. I like the way the show is going. This episode is called Toby, one of my favorite character. He stopped his treatment for depression. But, he feel very bad. We see him during his childhood and we understand that he experienced trauma as a child. That explains his depression. But the good news is that his wife, Kate, is finally pregnant. She try to help him. I like so much their couple.
We also discover how Rebecca (the mother) and Miguel (Jack’s best friend) started to get closer. He help her to repair some problems with her house and the three children.
Kevin continues his research on his father.
About Randall, he decided to run for municipal elections.
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:08 pm

During this new episode, Toby’s depression getting worst, and Kate feels helpless. He spends his days in bed. We see Randdal when he was kids, he wanted to look like his father. So he asked him to teach him how to box. Beth (Randall’s wife) cannot find work, so he offered to work with him on his municipal campaign, and she said yes. Kevin, still researching his father’s past, is intrigued by a picture of his father and a Thaï woman. So he decided to go to Thaïland with his girlfriend to look for that stranger there.
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:33 pm

This week, I have discover how Rebecca and Jack fall in love, in Los Angeles. They hardly knew each other, but he accompanied her in his early career. I enjoy all the flashback on their life before having their kids. But her plan to be a singer didn’t work.
We discover a little bit more about Jack during the Vietnam’s war. He was leader of a group of soldiers. He was a very good man (as always).
We continue to follow Randall’s campaign with his wife. They form a good duo.
I think there will be a winter break from the series, I don't know if there will be another episode next week… let’s see!
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum