UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion 5 - Mythology

+23
Louis XVI
jeanneau killian
Dorian Morisseau
Adrien PLANET
Fusiller Simon
Tom Mainguenaud
Jany Mainguet
Pitat
Océane Martin
Florian BOUILLAUD
GUERILLOT Lucas
Kévin Forestier
Mathéo Sanjaime
Gobin
Kylian07
Thomas Moreau
BARRAUD Jeanne
Marie LEQUEC
clemst10
Aymericedouard
Simon.f
Hugo Pasquier
Admin
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Discussion 5 - Mythology Empty Discussion 5 - Mythology

Post by Admin Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Discussion 5 - Mythology 263827296015212

Discussion 5 - Mythology Jon-snow-dragon-t

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Mythology Empty Mythology

Post by Hugo Pasquier Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Mythology can be any story about fictives things around the world or over world and universe. I think the santa's myth is one of the most popular in our society. Futhermore, that's give magic to children and to people generaly. That's really a protagonist of a myth, the Christmas's myth. That storie became a truth business around the world but close a lot of people every year.
However, mythologie can have a part of truth because the myths are sometimes truths story that someone transformed to make it better as, for example, a film or a book.

Hugo Pasquier

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Mythology Empty What is mythology ?

Post by Simon.f Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Mythology exists for a very long time. Greek, Roman, Egyptian have all gods and goddesses who have roles in their mythology.
The mythological history are stories about hero who according to their merits were favored by the gods, or not. They surpassed or were crushed by the events that they made on their way, according to the desire of the gods. For example the confrontation with the Cyclops.

Simon.f

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Mythology Empty Re: Discussion 5 - Mythology

Post by Aymericedouard Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Since the begining of the humankind, humans believe in gods or mystic creatures , the mythology is all of this.
more accurately it's all the legends and myths about a culture, for exemple, the greek mythology or the egyptian mythology wich are the most famous. Personnaly, i'm very intersesting about this one because we can understastand how was the life and the organisation of the society by the knowledge of their mythology

Aymericedouard

Back to top Go down

Post by clemst10 Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:52 am

The Greeks invented Mythology, the gods and also the country of the gods: it is called Olympus.
Mythology is a collection of legends that may or may not be true.
The Romans also had gods, but they gave other names to their gods. For example, in Greece the god of the vine was called Dionysos, and among the Romans his name was Bacchus. The stories of Greek and Roman Mythology change sometimes.
The gods can fight or marry like us. The Greeks invented Mythology to explain the arguments and feelings of people who love or hate each other so they believe that it is the gods who do that.

clemst10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie LEQUEC Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:09 pm

"The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." -HOMER- The Iliad.

Myths tell the stories of ancestors and the origin of humans and the world, the gods, supernatural beings (satyrs, nymphs, mermaids) and heroes with super-human, usually god-given, powers (as in the case of Heracles or Perseus of the Greeks).
I think Myths and Heroes are linked (I talk about Greek mythology, the most known), first heroes were born in myths as examples and demi-gods so humans can identify themselves into those heroes. It was also a way to explain the human existence on earth. It was the will of the gods.

One of my favourite myth is Narcissus' myth.
Narcissus was a gorgeus young man, so handsome that all the women fell in love with him, but none of them were rather beautiful to please him.
Once Narcissus was walking in the woods when Echo, an Oread (mountain nymph) saw him, fell deeply in love, and followed him. Narcissus sensed he was being followed and shouted "Who's there?". Echo repeated "Who's there?"
He stepped away and told her to leave him alone. She was heartbroken. Nemesis (Aphrodite), the goddess of revenge, noticed this behaviour after learning the story and decided to punish Narcissus.

One day, during the summer, getting thirsty after hunting, the goddess lured him to a pool where he leaned upon the water and saw himself. Narcissus did not realize it was merely his own reflection and fell deeply in love with.
Deeply in love, he leaned to try to kiss his reflection but he fell, drowned and died. Where his body sank, a yellow and white flower grew and Nemesis baptised it "Narcissus".
Echo was avenged.

And one day, me too, I shall have my revenge on a nowadays Narcissus.
Marie LEQUEC
Marie LEQUEC

Birthday : 2000-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by BARRAUD Jeanne Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Myths and myhtology was completely invented by the humans. According to me is because the Human is boring with his life. What could be the other reason then ? Tell myths is a way that we found to escape our lives and think that maybe there is something else somewhere else, something that we don't know.

For example, Greek mythology looks like a huge game with a lot of gods and heroes. If we pay attention, there is a God for every feeling, every natural phenomen and a countless stories that goes with.
And there are here just to pretend that they find a way to explain something that they didn't understand.

BARRAUD Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Moreau Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Mythology exists since a long time. Mythology speaks about gods and heroes, the principal is Zeus , Poseidon and Hades. A lot of stories speak about this subject and i like to look at them. The mythology tells fantastics stories, with surnaturals powers!
I remember the story of Ulysse when i was young (in the first year of my college)!
I like read these legends...

Thomas Moreau

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylian07 Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Mythology is a very exciting subject and is full of beliefs and cults to powerful and charismatic divinities. Several gods are present as Zeus the god of lightning, Poseidon the god of the sea, Ades the king of hell, etc ... Many fantastic animals are also present, as the famous Minautore, Centaur, the famous Medusa, the Phoenix, the disturbing Cerberus, etc ... Greek mythology is really very interesting and fascinates generations since ancient times.

Kylian07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobin Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Mythology is a set of myth indeed with a civilization, a religion or a particular theme. There is various mythology as the Greek, Egyptian, Aztec mythology and full of other one else. The mythology often describes a human or monstrous divine face. The oldest mythology is the Mesopotamian mythology. It's the cradle of the humanity. It is the people who invented the writing and the farming.

Gobin

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Mythology Empty Mythologie

Post by Mathéo Sanjaime Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:43 am

mythology is a set of legends and myths related to a civilization.There is different mythology in the world,Greek mythology is one of the best known
with several fantastic creature like cyclops, cerbere a dog has 3 heads. there is another type of fantastic monster such as trolls, phenix or dragons. However mythology is just a fantasy thing that does not exist

Mathéo Sanjaime

Back to top Go down

Post by Kévin Forestier Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:22 am

Mythology is the set of myths, legends and imaginary stories of different civilizations. The best-known mythologies are those of the Greeks and Romans. With stories such as the Iliad and Homer's Odyssey featuring one of the most famous characters in Ulysses mythology. Mythology also brings into play the gods of each civilization and sometimes puts these gods in scenes to explain real facts that are still unexplained as for example Mars or Apollo among the Romans. Moreover each god represents a domain, Mars for the war for example. Personally I do not really like mythology in general because I do not like stories that do not happen with "normal" characters and in a rather imaginary general setting.

Kévin Forestier

Back to top Go down

Post by GUERILLOT Lucas Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:46 am

Mythology makes dream for many children.It's many legends or myths... In the mythology many stories make us dream like that of the 12 works of Hercules. Mythology is part of culture and i like mythology. The fantastic story are beautiful and very interesting like Iliad and Odyssey who are beautiful story .

GUERILLOT Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian BOUILLAUD Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Mythology is the set of myths and legends of different civilizations. Greek mythology and Romans mythology are the best known. Mythology relating the stories, restless adventures and mishaps of the hero, gods and monster for exemple cyclops. Personnaly, I am not passionate by mythology.

Florian BOUILLAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Océane Martin Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:29 pm

A Myth can be defined as a legend telling a story that sometimes cannot be verified. This is a well-known tale that everybody knows about, like the Myth of the Kraken or King Arthur. It usually hinges around great and brave heroes or monsters. A Myth can be based on real or unreal stories, which happened in the past and its goal is to bind the nation together.

Océane Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitat Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Mythology can be about god, monsters etc. It depends on country or culture. We all know the greek mythology or roman like Hercules because it's a famous story and walt disney produced this film. Mythologie created a beautiful dream for us (children and adults). Moreover, I studied Latin and I love a story of gods.

Pitat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jany Mainguet Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Since humans appeared, everyone has need to trust in something, and Mythology is legends that different human trust in. Most of them were Greek and Roman. They are different kind of mythology and for exemple Roman and Greek have almost the same. For exemple a difference between thos 2 mythologies are the name of gods. Zeus is grec is Jupiter for Romain. But these 2 mythologies are quite the same. Another kind of mythology is the loch-ness monster named Nessy. This is a legend and the word legend is another way to say mythology.

Jany Mainguet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Mainguenaud Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Mythology has existed naturally since the beginning of time. The Greeks, Romans, Egyptians ... all have gods and goddesses who have roles in their mythology.
Often this is a story but for exemple L'illiade et l'Odysée seems to be real.
I like the myths. When I was in high school, I studied several myths during my Latin classes, such as the myth of Oedipus or the myth of Antigone

Tom Mainguenaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Fusiller Simon Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:56 pm

Mythology is the study and interpretation of often sacred tales or fables of a culture known as myths or the collection of such stories which deal with various aspects of the human condition: good and evil; the meaning of suffering; human origins; the origin of place-names, animals, cultural values, and traditions; the meaning of life and death; the afterlife; and the gods or a god. Myths express the beliefs and values about these subjects held by a certain culture.

Fusiller Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien PLANET Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:03 pm

Mythology is a myth. But at the time, it was not. Mostly in greece. Several god founded this myth like Zeus, Poséidon, Hadès... These last 3 are brothers and sons of Cronos, a titan. Cronos was locked in tartare by her sons. Zeus is the fater of Apollon, Aphrodite... Zeus is married tout Hera. Each god have specifications. Unfortunately there is not a pirate god in Greek mythology

Adrien PLANET

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Morisseau Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Mythologie is a fabulous story of gods, demi - gods, heroes of pagan antiquity. They are several different mythologies indcluding Greek and Roman. For me mythology was totally invented by humans because they were bored. the different mythologies are very well imagined but very hard to believe.

Dorian Morisseau

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanneau killian Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Mythology: It exists in different Roman and Greek civilizations, it stages gods like Zeus or Apollo that posses power like the Temple, Love
But also of half God such as Achilles who can only die when he is shot in the Achilles tendon, Achilles Son of God this remains complex and is less studied than in previous years.

jeanneau killian

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis XVI Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:40 pm

The Kraken is a mythologic monsters who got the feature to scare the sailors from medieval age. It is like a giant octopus with many tentacles. It live in the ocean and it can destroy anything ship he want. His legend come from Norway by the fishermens. it’s also my favourite drink but i don’t need to say it i think.

Louis XVI

Back to top Go down

Post by TAMANG Andréas Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Everybody think when we are talking about mythology from Greece or Roman but one of the most beautifull myth is for me the christmas myth with santa claus, when he gives to all of the humanity présents un just one Night... A big dream amazing and also more simple and more commercial finnaly...

TAMANG Andréas

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Rey Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Mythology is for me a way to tell stories, they are fictional characters living or dead that are part of legends of many kinds, which are sometimes scary, sad or joyful, they can also talk about love, hate or family.
This can be used to tell History, or to read stories to the children.
For me, mythology is above all a great proof of imagination

Julia Rey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum