UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths

+16
rfouche
Pierre Mazeau
axel plainaud
Marcuccini Luigi
Benjamin BACARIA
Paul Bressy
Antoine PERAUD
Enzo Bourgeaux
sroesler
Pierre Faivre
Sandro Appiotti
npoitou
Charlotte Denis
Pierre Ronzier
Gauducheau Coleen
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Empty Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths

Post by Admin Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Errolflynnasrobinhood
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Empty the eye of Sainte Lucia

Post by Gauducheau Coleen Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:02 pm

It is in the IVth century when was born the legend of St Lucia: a girl of the nobility Syracuse who obtained the supernatural cure of her mother reached by an incurable disease by means of prayers repeated to the Virgin Mary. Worshiping and an unlimited worship the latter, it tore away eyes and threw them to the sea not to be diverted from its faith and take away his pretenders. Quite whole tour towards the prayer, it realized a lot of miracles. In answer to this worship, saint Vierge returned her the view and gave her more beautiful and more bright eyes. The seal of the shell named the " Rough turbo " which we find on the Mediterranean banks symbolizes the eyes of St Lucia. To carry it one, takes away, as it is said, the evil eye and favors the luck.
In Corsica " the eye of Saint Lucia " is considered as a lucky charm.

Gauducheau Coleen

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Empty Benzema in the french team

Post by Pierre Ronzier Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 pm

i choose to evoke the Olivier Giroud legend in french team. Indeed despite his legendaries qualities as a striker. He is always privilege by Didier Deschamps at the 9 position compared to Karim Benzema. The Benzema come back in french team, it's a myth or a legend?

Pierre Ronzier

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Empty Re: Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths

Post by Charlotte Denis Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:26 am

Kelly slater is a pro surfer. His nickname is " King Kelly" because he's been 11 times world champion and he got more than 50 wins on the elite circuit wich is a world record. Kelly slater is a surf legend in the whole world.

Charlotte Denis

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Empty Mythes and legend (Bleubeard)

Post by npoitou Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am

The Bluebeard was originally inspired by oral tradition. It is a variant of the ogre that attacks his succesive the woman and children when he has them. Following the publication of Perrault story, he was with various characters such as Henri VIII, Henri Désiré Landru and Gilles de Rais were called Bleubeards because they all contributed to or killed their wives.
The moral purpose of the tale must be to make it clear that the woman deserves to die.

npoitou

Birthday : 2000-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandro Appiotti Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:39 am

When I was child my mother tell me a lot of stories, some of thes stories was myth.
My favorite is the story of the golden fox, I use to in the wood next to my house for enjoy of the nature. Sometimes I found candies on the floor, and my mother tell me it was a present of the guardian of the forest, the Golden Fox. So when I was teen i did the same thing( I put candies in the wood during the walk) than my mother for my two lttles brothers.

Sandro Appiotti

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Empty Boxe legend

Post by Pierre Faivre Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:36 am

Mohamed Ali died at 74 years old. Olympic champion and multiple world champion, he has reigned over his sport by his class, his talent and his intelligence. It will remain a long time as one of the legends of the History of sport. In addition to his great record, this boxer had real values that many athletes tend to forget. He fought outside the ring against racism with as much aggressiveness as when he was fighting in the ring. A little anecdote about Ali is that he started boxing because when he was a kid a young man stole his bike and he wanted to learn to fight for revenge.

Pierre Faivre

Back to top Go down

Post by sroesler Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Myths

I’m not going to reveale what is the myth I worked about, it’s a riddle.
Some people tell this creature is real and say that they saw it, however there are no proof which shows its existance. There are pictures that show a part of this creature’s body but none really shows it entirely. This creature lives in the north of UK, in a lake. It is described like a « sea serpent ». This myth allowed an improvement of the tourism in that country.
Have you find what this myth is ?
Of course is the Loch Ness Monster.

sroesler

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Bourgeaux Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:01 pm

I'm going to talk about one of the greatest and scariest legend of all-time. This one is about the White Lady (ghost). This woman is supposed to appear during the night, at midnight more precisly. This person, during her apparitions, was dressed in all white, that's why we call her the "White Lady". Moreover, she appeared most of the time in rural areas, where tragedies took place. We also know that she appeared in many countries as USA, Brazil, Estonia, Germany... and stories are numerous.

Illustration if somebody wants to see her : Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Dame_Blanche3

Enzo Bourgeaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine PERAUD Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:23 pm

I'm going to talk about my favourite mythological heroe who is Achille.
Son of Pélée, king of the Myrmidons, and the Nereid Thétis, it was the biggest, the bravest and the most beautiful warrior of the army of Agamemnon in front of Troy. According to Homère, he was raised with the aid of her mother, at the same time as his cousin and inseparable friend Patrocle. The poems lost of the Greek epic Cycle, Pindare in IIIe Néméenne evoke the education of the hero by the centaur Chiron and its childhood marked out of exploits. Achille became absolutely invulnerable if Thétis, by plunging him child into waters of the Styx, had neglected to dip also the heel there by which she held him.

Antoine PERAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Bressy Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:13 pm

The Minotaur is a greek antiquity's myth. It's a creature half-human, half-taurus. It's the son of Phasiphaé and a white Taurus and it been locked up in the labyrinth of Dédale built at the center of the Crete. Thésée had to go kill the Minotaur and went to the labyrinth. Before to enter in, the daughter of the Crete's king Minos, Ariane, gave a yarn to Thésée. He killed the Minotaur when it sleep at the center of the labyrinth and he went out it thanks the yarn wich show the exit.

Paul Bressy

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin BACARIA Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:54 pm

The werewolf is a mythological animal and the subject of many stories throughout the world. Werewolves are, according to some legends, people who morph into vicious, powerful wolves. Others are a mutant combination of human and wolf. But all are bloodthirsty beasts who cannot control their lust for killing people and animals.

Benjamin BACARIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:11 pm

I will talk about the myth of Ulysses, a person you surely know, he is the inventor of the Trojan Horse that allowed the Greek army to enter the kingdom of Troy and loot the whole city. In addition, he managed to escape the Cyclops Polyphemus with his legendary cunning. He is also admired for his tenacity and perseverance in seeing his sweet wife Penelope anew.

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by axel plainaud Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:46 pm

I will talk about the god Zeus. he is the supreme god in Greek mythology. He is the son of titan Cronos and Titanide Rhea, he is married to his sister Hera. Zeus is famous for its innumerable adventures with mortals, goddesses and nymphs. He is also the father of many gods.

axel plainaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Mazeau Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:58 pm

Michael Jordan, 54, is the most famous and respected basketball player on the planet. Playing in the NBA from 1984 to 2003, the American of 1m98 has largely contributed to popularize the basketball around the world, thanks to his spectacular play and his innate talent. In his position as back or winger, he has illustrated with 2 legendary teams: the Dream Team at the 1992 Olympic Games and the Chicago Bulls of 1996. President Barack Obama has even called him "best player of the two best teams in history ". This is a legend

Pierre Mazeau

Back to top Go down

Post by rfouche Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:16 am

The siren, according to the version the legend, is a fantastic being with the bust of a woman and the tail of a fish; it is the creature described in the marine legends, in several tales and also in the certain testimonies of discoveries or captures of sirens.

rfouche

Back to top Go down

Post by rfouche Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:18 am

The siren, according to the version the legend, is a fantastic being with the bust of a woman and the tail of a fish; it is the creature described in the marine legends, in several tales and also in the certain testimonies of discoveries or captures of sirens. Often, sirens are beautiful waman. And people can't resist to them.

rfouche

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Empty The Myth of the Lost Continents

Post by Mathilde Guillaume Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:26 am

According to many cultures, there were three supposed continents, thousands of years ago. From the fabulous Atlantis to the mythical Mu, several continents today lost would have existed everywhere on the oceans were inhabited by ancient and very advanced civilizations, although after a cataclysm, they shared the same destiny and all disappeared under the sea.

Mu would have influenced many peoples and would have allowed the construction of pyramids and statues of Easter Island, in the Pacific Ocean.
Plato was the first to mention Atlantis. He describes Atlantis as a rich continent, divided into 10 kingdoms and populated by Atlanteans proud of their culture, in the Atlantic Ocean.
Kumari Kandam is a continent that would have been the place of emergence of human civilization, in the Indian Ocean.

We have not finished looking for lost continents..

Mathilde Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Discussion 5 - Legends and Myths Empty grylle monster

Post by Lemarquis Mathis Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:56 pm

It is a monster of medieval Christian mythology that takes the form of a human head resting on legs (without trunk) or a mixture of parts of human bodies and animals. We also speak of chimeras. We see a lot in the paintings of Jerome Bosch.

Lemarquis Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttouan Peyraud Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:16 pm

I would like to speak about Astérix and Obélix , is a série of french comics .
The series follow the adventures of a village of Gauls and they resist at the Roman occupation in 50 BC ,the village resist by means and a magic potion created by their druid Panoramix which temporarily gives the recipient superhuman strength . The series is popular in the world.

Ttouan Peyraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Christie Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:05 pm

i'm going to speack about achille , the greatest greek mythologie. Its a perse warrior who is invunerable, except his heel. he killed hector , the best Troy warrior, Cycnos an poseidon son and Tenes an Appolon son. He was killed by the hector brother at his heel.

Benjamin Christie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down