UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group A Week 6 discussion

+12
Jordan Besson
Cédric Bourgeois
Damaye Alexis
Antoine DEBERTOLIS
Meghane Cren
Léa Aupetit
Léa ABREU
farah ayedi
ELISANGELA
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Axelle Cantone
Admin
16 posters

Go down

Group A Week 6 discussion Empty Group A Week 6 discussion

Post by Admin Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:26 pm

The influence of the Brand.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group A Week 6 discussion Empty Re: Group A Week 6 discussion

Post by Axelle Cantone Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Today I am going to introduce the subject by expressing my point of view on the influence of brands in our current society.

From my point of view, brands influence us daily in everyday life. Whether on TV, on Internet or on posters , advertisers sell the qualities of the products and make us want to buy these products.

Furthermore, brands with big fame are, for consumers, a symbol of quality. Mainly, people prefer to choose known brands as small brands in supermarkets. For example, in the minds of consumers, a "carrefour" yoghurt will necessarily be less tasty than a product of Danone's brand. That's the influence of brands. Shocked

Axelle Cantone

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:08 pm

There is a lot of discussion about this subject. Since few years, a lot of associations are fighting some big brands. Because, more and more companies use abusive marketing. Like: kids-marketing using by Macdonalds with toys in their Happy Meals or the emailing.

In our days we can admit that companies use their « soft-power » image to reach consumer’s minds. They use an image of good quality and good valuable products to make sales. I think that in our actual society, similar products from two different brands are not as similar as we thought. A brand considered « expensive, with luxury » will be more wanted by consumers who want to be well-seen inside the society. For exemple, they will prefer to buy a Levis white shirt instead of a basic white shirt from an unknown brand just because it is a Levis one, even if both are the same, excepted for a small red label on the arm for the Levis shirt.

Brands use their influence to gain sales.
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by ELISANGELA Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:30 pm

A brand is above all a sign of distinction, it can be used to distinguishes products or services and also theirs buyers. In both ways a brand can/will influence our choices.

A brand creates a perception of quality and trust and when consumers trust a brand, it makes them loyal, and when they are loyal, they buy more. There are many reasons to choose a brand over another, but since I am not rich at the point to choose a brand to distinguishes me from other people, what motivates me to buy a product from a certain brand is because this brand provides me safety reducing the risk of disappointment specially about quality.

About clothes and brands, I rather prefer products without a label (since I don't appreciate to make free publicity) and it can be expensive or not. What matters is if when I wash it it stills good to wear to go out. Laughing

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Hi everyone! Lest's talk about the ifluence of the brand
Nowadays, brands influence us too much and especially with the progression of marketing. Indeed, the problem of brands today, and especially in the strong competition, is to attract and retain the consumer. That's why they use a lot of different methods such as advertising with an intense way, the customization of products to consumers, the use of celebrities as representatives of the brand. And we observe this influence especially among young people who like to identify themselves in a brand to stand out and be trendy.
farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa ABREU Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:13 am

Hello everyone! I can agree with all of you that brands are trying to create a cercle of trust in order to make us buy their products. I would have a lot of things to say about this subject thanks to the lecture "theories of consumers socialization" that we have ! Our subject in this lecture is "How does brands take possession of consumer education?" and we are analyzing all the strategies employed by them to make us consume more and more.

Nowadays its importance is split : some people are really related to it and buy only brands products, which are for them more qualitative - and some people are trying to fight against this empowerment, especially with the movement "zero waste".

What about your opinion about this subject? Do you think that brands are proposing products more qualitative? Do you think that we are educated by brands ?
Léa ABREU
Léa ABREU

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:19 am

Educated or brainwashed?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Aupetit Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:18 am

To my mind the influence of a brand is the way they attract us even know they have huge failure.
We should give a voice to small compagnies and not just bigger ones which have money to show us publicity campaign really appealing but also really untruthful. Sometimes retailer's brand products have better composition. For food and beauty products we have now apps that decrypt the tag for us. It's an opportunity to find good healthy products and boycott compagnies with bad values or impact on the environment.
It is also a question of habits. They make us get used to their product and become addicted (ex Coca Cola). So, as an answer to Léa's question I don't think they propose better product but they have more money to make us think they are good products.

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Post by ELISANGELA Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:21 am

Léa ABREU wrote:Hello everyone! I can agree with all of you that brands are trying to create a cercle of trust in order to make us buy their products. I would have a lot of things to say about this subject thanks to the lecture "theories of consumers socialization" that we have ! Our subject in this lecture is "How does brands take possession of consumer education?" and we are analyzing  all the strategies employed by them to make us consume more and more.

Nowadays its importance is split : some people are really related to it and buy only brands products, which are for them more qualitative - and some people are trying to fight against this empowerment, especially with the movement "zero waste".

What about your opinion about this subject? Do you think that brands are proposing products more qualitative? Do you think that we are educated by brands ?

Nope... from where I see, brands are appropriating themselves of the movement "zero waste" to touch the public is concerned by this subject...and guess what? to sell more... this movement is exactly a reaction of what brands have being doing so far.

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by Meghane Cren Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Hey guys, we all agree on one thing : brands are influential and know how to influence us. Guess what ? Soon we'll work for them, and to influence the future consumers who will be our targets (hello Nadia) and for that don't forget : it'll know how to make it SEXY ! Haha.

Joking aside, I agree that u often have to be tough on brands that are a bit too "invasive" (brands that send u emails every day, starting w/ "Hello Meghane it's been a long time since we didn't see u !" Hey man, if it's been a long time it's because I don't have penny, when u practice free, call me. More seriously it's true that we didn't necessarily have the weapons to fight these influences but it's w/ this master in hand that we'll have the necessary information and that we'll be able to find good ways to meet the needs of our customers without drunk them.
Meghane Cren
Meghane Cren

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine DEBERTOLIS Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:01 pm

The influence of the Brand.
The brand influenced the comportment of people. Sport brand like Nike or adidas influenced young peoples to have lot of shoes and different clothes.
In the world of social media like Instagram, brand influenced a style of life.
Brand try to educate the consumer.
Brand like apple arrived to realised very strange situation. You are ready to pay 1300 euros for a phone while you don’t have the salary for this.
Brand arrived to manipulate a society with a lot of rude consumer.
Have a nice day, And see you next week for a new topics!
Antoine DEBERTOLIS
Antoine DEBERTOLIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Brands don't propose better product inevitably. Often, the distributor brands have the same quality and however they are cheeper. It's also a trust relationship between the brand and the consumer. If the consumer knows the brand since a long time ago, and if it don't deceive him, why he would change for another ? Famous brands are those who have the bigger power to influence the consumer, through advertising, packaging. While, the new and poor brands it is much more difficult because they don't have the means to influence efficiently.

Sorry my post looks like a staps post but i had a difficult and long week end and i'm little bit sick (yes so many excuses..) .. Suspect
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cédric Bourgeois Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:56 pm

I agree that we can be influenced by a brand but for me it's also our choose.
Someone is free to buy or not a product of a brand and say "no".
It's like the cigaret, if you don't want to be influenced don't try it.
I really like the brand and the strategy to manipulate the people, it's our future job after our marketing study. And I think that because of the brand we can create a lot of social group.
But also because of the brand we create a lot of conflict (like Apple vs Samsung). It's funny because the brand create a war with the fan. This is why is love marketing santa
Cédric Bourgeois
Cédric Bourgeois

Birthday : 1995-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Besson Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:24 am

Hi guys, this week our conversation is very important to us because we are going to discuss about marketing and more precisely about the influence of brand.
In our modern society brands not only represent the product or company but also have a strong association with perceived quality, consumers’ life style, social class, taste...
Indeed, today brand influence is everywhere thanks to communication.
Brands encourage customers to buy their products thanks to social medias and associating their products with different activities.
For example: we can find on Instagram a bag’s photo associating to a travel.
To conclude, brands need to engage with people to increase their influence on others.  We are social creatures, and we are wired to adopt the goals of the people around us.  When we see other people engaging in an activity or using a particular product, it strengthens our own goal to do the same thing.
That’s all folks…
Jordan Besson
Jordan Besson

Birthday : 1997-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravahiti Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 am

Hello,

Personally, I think I'm very influenced by brands. Indeed, the reputation, the quality of the brand allows me to choose my purchases. That we talk about clothing, cosmetics and especially food.
The brand influences us by its advertisements. But I think the biggest advertising a brand goes through is fashion and all the influencers around us.
I think everyone is influenced by what they do in life, what they like and their beliefs. Some are less so, but still are...

Ravahiti

Birthday : 1996-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheick Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:09 am

Hi, guys,
So I'll also talk to you about the influence of brands. As we can see today, brands are with us everywhere: on TV, in cities, even in our health insurance.
And when we look at most of our market choices, we often find many brands, while they are on average very more expensive without necessarily being more qualitative. Proof that now, the influence of brands is so strong that we no longer want to know if it really stands out.

Cheick

Back to top Go down

Post by Cédric Bourgeois Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Group A Week 6 discussion Steve-jobs-god3
Cédric Bourgeois
Cédric Bourgeois

Birthday : 1995-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Chevalier Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi everybody, for me brands is very influence when we buy. We more easily buy great brands for the image it represents, we buy Apple for its quality but also for its image. brands use a lot of means to influence us, with big advertising campaigns. we then create emotional links with brands. buying a particular brand will make us feel more important, it influences our behaviors and attitudes.
Victor Chevalier
Victor Chevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Di Cocco Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Hello everybody,
So I agree with Cedric's point of view, it's not an obigation to buy a brand, you can say no. But I think we are manipulated or educated i don't know, to lead the brands. Let me explain. When we are young, at the school, in many times the girl or the boy who is alone, and which we laugh is the one who don't lead the brands and the fashion of the moment. It's not a generality, but in many cases, the one who is different is excluded. I think we've all ask to our parents "the same baskets of Alicia" or "the same baskets of Selena Gomez". We are influenced everyday by th TV, but also by the others. So the brand is important in our society today, but it can be positive If the brand use his power to send positives messages like "Hey children, to have stan smith it's cool but you know what it's better ? to be cool with everybody including the ones who don't have stan smith" maybe it can help, maybe not. But it's could be interesting to try
Marina Di Cocco
Marina Di Cocco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down