UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Discussion week 2

+14
amandine.thenault
Mélanie Pecchio
Sahar Chehabeddine
Lucas Lesade
Flowrian CA$H PACK
psol
julie
Kelly Rajaona
Marie.David
MaéA
cdelage11
Lacombe Pauline
marie fourgnaud
Admin
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Group 2 Discussion week 2 Empty Group 2 Discussion week 2

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:21 pm

Something I hate (well, you, not me obviously).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group 2 Discussion week 2 Empty Re: Group 2 Discussion week 2

Post by marie fourgnaud Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:04 am

Something I hate, it's complicated because I HATE A LOT OF THINGS !!!  Laughing  Laughing

I hate :
- snake (it's an horrible animal)
- teenagers (argh a teenager is stupid)
- old people (very old people because they think they can do anything)
- tomatoes (it's a school traumatisme)
- when I want to put a tights but it is pierced (it is a girl problem but atcuel and in the morning I don’t have time to try all my tights)
- Angoulême (I think it's a good city for tourism but not for live)

marie fourgnaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:25 am

marie fourgnaud wrote:Something I hate, it's complicated because I HATE A LOT OF THINGS !!!  Laughing  Laughing

I hate :
- snake (it's an horrible animal)
- teenagers (argh a teenager is stupid)
- old people (very old people because they think they can do anything)
- tomatoes (it's a school traumatisme)
- when I want to put a tights but it is pierced (it is a girl problem but atcuel and in the morning I don’t have time to try all my tights)
- Angoulême (I think it's a good city for tourism but not for live)

haha

I hate a lot of things too but in response to yours

Snakes - This has to be a taught dislike doesn't it because so many westerners "hate" snakes.
Teenagers - I understand completely
Old People - Crying or Very sad
tomatoes - strange - is it the taste or the look or the touch or everything?
Tights - I don't understand what you mean by pierced (it surely is a girl thing but I'd like to understand)
Angouleme - maybe I need to start defending this place - it's too easy to hate. Maybe I'll set an M2 video project for the beginning of the new year where you have to highlight good things about angouleme.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:00 pm

Well, as you know if you have read my last upenglish, I hate rodents. But most of all, one thing I hate: crudites. I hate this, I give them a real hate, and they are EVERYWHERE. In salads, sandwiches, no way to find a cold and quick lunch without. And the worst (which gets on my nerves) its people who say “what? do you not eat crudites? But how are you doing during summer? how your body can be okay with that? You certainly have deficiencies!!” In general, I answer by a polite smile, but in reality, I want to rebuff and say to them that if I don’t want to eat the same food as the guinea pig of my sister, this isn’t their business (ah, and I forgot, I hate people too in general). But you know “everything doesn’t kill makes us stronger”, so since I am 8 years old, I understood that if one day I launch a brand of food, it will be salad WITHOUT LETTUCE. Seriously, why no one though about it?

Lacombe Pauline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:54 pm

Lacombe Pauline wrote:Well, as you know if you have read my last upenglish, I hate rodents. But most of all, one thing I hate: crudites. I hate this, I give them a real hate, and they are EVERYWHERE. In salads, sandwiches, no way to find a cold and quick lunch without. And the worst (which gets on my nerves) its people who say “what? do you not eat crudites? But how are you doing during summer? how your body can be okay with that? You certainly have deficiencies!!” In general, I answer by a polite smile, but in reality, I want to rebuff and say to them that if I don’t want to eat the same food as the guinea pig of my sister, this isn’t their business (ah, and I forgot, I hate people too in general). But you know “everything doesn’t kill makes us stronger”, so since I am 8 years old, I understood that if one day I launch a brand of food, it will be salad WITHOUT LETTUCE. Seriously, why no one though about it?

I'm with you. i NEVER eat lettuce, my wife loves it so I give it to her or leave it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:21 pm

In terms of food, I'm not a very difficult person, but among food I don't like, there's one that particularly traumatized me: oysters. Native to the South-West, near the Arcachon Basin, an iconic oyster territory, it seems strange that I hate it. However, this little slimy shellfish gave me a big indigestion. When I was younger, during family meals with my grandparents, to do as the adults did and to please my grandmother, I convinced myself that I liked oysters and forced myself to eat them even if their appearance disgusted me. But during a Christmas meal, I ate one oyster too many, because a few moments later I went to vomit everything I had eaten. Since that terrible day, the message has been sent : now, I will leave oysters to grandma for sure !

cdelage11

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:25 pm

I don't hate many things! In fact, I like many things, like eating ! There are just two things I hate: mean people and getting hurt !
Mean people are actually unbearable for me and make my life really less beautiful !
Getting hurt makes me unbearable for others! I am a real "chochotte" (Sorry I haven't the word in English :'(, someone have ? ) !

MaéA

Admin and Marie.David like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:59 pm

MaéA wrote:I don't hate many things! In fact, I like many things, like eating ! There are just two things I hate: mean people and getting hurt !
Mean people are actually unbearable for me and make my life really less beautiful !
Getting hurt makes me unbearable for others! I am a real "chochotte" (Sorry I haven't the word in English :'(, someone have ? ) !

Crybaby?
Admin
Admin
Admin

MaéA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:35 pm

Admin wrote:
MaéA wrote:I don't hate many things! In fact, I like many things, like eating ! There are just two things I hate: mean people and getting hurt !

Crybaby?

Thank you !
So, I am a crybaby ! Very Happy and it's hateful ... I know ... Very Happy

MaéA

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:54 pm

I totally agree with you, this is also one of the things I don't like. And the worst thing I think is to be hurt by someone close to you.
If I have to give another thing I hate, it's people who always think they are right and don't want to listen to other people's opinions.

Marie.David

Admin and MaéA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:10 pm

Marie.David wrote:

I totally agree with you, this is also one of the things I don't like. And the worst thing I think is to be hurt by someone close to you.
If I have to give another thing I hate, it's people who always think they are right and don't want to listen to other people's opinions.

These people you're talking about are mean people I'm talking about! We agree on everything! We could discuss what they deserve! Very Happy

MaéA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:58 pm

I hate mosquito bites and mosquitoes in general, it truly ruins my week when i get bitten
I’ve hated tomatoes since i was a kid (well now i tolerate cherry tomato but cooked), the smell and the texture in mouth of a big juicy tomato makes me wanna vomit
I hate noisy, embittered and disrespectful people
Having to make a choice because i’m indecisive
Boys between 7 and 14 years old because they are overly stupid
Slow walkers
Waiting for food when i’m hungry. I mean when I’m hungry I want to eat, not start cooking
Outfits that are not comfy

and eggplant.

Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:54 pm

One thing that I really hate is SPIDER. I literally hate all kinds of spiders, it scares me so bad. I don't know if it is because of their several legs but it gives me goosebumps just talking about it. Everyone used to tell me this french expression "C'est pas la petite bête qui va manger la grosse" but it is useless when you are scared.

Other things that I hate :

- Velvet : I know it is weird but I cannot touch this fabric, it gives me shivers
- Celery
- Babies who are crying in planes or public transport
- People who are talking so loud on the phone in a bus
- Blood tests
- Wooden knifes

Last edited by julie on Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

julie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:14 pm

Kelly Rajaona wrote:I hate mosquito bites and mosquitoes in general, it truly ruins my week when i get bitten
I’ve hated tomatoes since i was a kid (well now i tolerate cherry tomato but cooked), the smell and the texture in mouth of a big juicy tomato makes me wanna vomit
I hate noisy, embittered and disrespectful people
Having to make a choice because i’m indecisive
Boys between 7 and 14 years old because they are overly stupid
Slow walkers
Waiting for food when i’m hungry. I mean when I’m hungry I want to eat, not start cooking
Outfits that are not comfy

and eggplant.

Spray the mossie bites with your deodorant (or roll on which is even better).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:17 pm

julie wrote:One thing that I really hate is SPIDER. I literally hate all kinds of spiders, it scares me so bad. I don't know if it is because of their several legs but it gives me goosebumps just talking about it. Everyone used to tell me this french expression "C'est pas le petite bête qui va manger la grosse" but it is useless when you are scared.

Other things that I hate :

- Velvet : I know it is weird but I cannot touch this fabric, it gives me shivers
- Celery
- Babies who are crying in planes or public transport
- People who are talking so loud on the phone in a bus
- Blood tests
- Wooden knifes

I was a little frightened of big hairy spiders when I was young but when you are a parent (or simply living alone) you just have to get over that problem.

I like Velvet, Love celery and feel sorry for babies.

People who talk loud on phones are ignorant selfish pigs

Blood tests whatever.

Wooden knifes - now that is weird. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

julie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by psol Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:19 pm

In fact, I hate the overall situation in the world, there are too many insecure places, too many war zones, and it's easy to see all the extreme parties being more powerful in many countries.
it's very frustrating because I can't do anything to help, because the issues are too big and they're take places in different continents with different cultures and it's also hard to know all the real stories.
And with that, it's hard to imagine how our ancestor might have felt when World War I or World War II happened, because I think it's hard to live normally when you know war and enemies are coming in our countries.
Peace man

psol

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Flowrian CA$H PACK Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:49 pm

I tried to change my mind a few times, but it's useless, I still hate nightclubs. I like to drink, sometimes to dance, and even enjoy myself to have some fun in an underground place with loud music and some flash lights. But night club seems like the hell of party places.

First, the music is always unbearable, we don't come to a nightclub to listen the music of NRJ radio (in my opinion) .
Secondly, you can't discuss with your drunk friends, the only thing you will say is "we move ?" and walk in a nightclub is really painful and annoying.
Thirdly, 10 euros for a drink.
Fourthly, There is always a beef with a drunk guy who break the little of mood there is.
Fively, I'm not shy anymore but entering in this place makes me feel like an invisible sh*t, nobody talk to me, nobody is nice to me, but everybody walks on me and spills my glass on the floor.
Sixthly, the smoking room... It is less classy than it looks.

Nightclub is sh*t, maybe i've bad experiences, but each one confirmed the fact that it's just not my taste. Change my opinion (or not).

Flowrian CA$H PACK

Admin and Kelly Rajaona like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:51 pm

psol wrote:In fact, I hate the overall situation in the world, there are too many insecure places, too many war zones, and it's easy to see all the extreme parties being more powerful in many countries.
it's very frustrating because I can't do anything to help, because the issues are too big and they're take places in different continents with different cultures and it's also hard to know all the real stories.
And with that, it's hard to imagine how our ancestor might have felt when World War I or World War II happened, because I think it's hard to live normally when you know war and enemies are coming in our countries.
Peace man

Far too sensible
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:52 pm

Flowrian CA$H PACK wrote:I tried to change my mind a few times, but it's useless, I still hate nightclubs. I like to drink, sometimes to dance, and even enjoy myself to have some fun in an underground place with loud music and some flash lights. But night club seems like the hell of party places.

First, the music is always unbearable, we don't come to a nightclub to listen the music of NRJ radio (in my opinion) .
Secondly, you can't discuss with your drunk friends, the only thing you will say is "we move ?" and walk in a nightclub is really painful and annoying.
Fourthly, There is always a beef with a drunk guy who break the little of mood there is.
Fively, I'm not shy anymore but entering in this place makes me feel like an invisible sh*t, nobody talk to me, nobody is nice to me, but everybody walks on me and spills my glass on the floor.

Nightclub is sh*t, maybe i've bad experiences, but each one confirmed the fact that it's just not my taste. Change my opinion (or not).

Agreed I hate them and I've never even been in one. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:08 pm

Flowrian CA$H PACK wrote:I tried to change my mind a few times, but it's useless, I still hate nightclubs. I like to drink, sometimes to dance, and even enjoy myself to have some fun in an underground place with loud music and some flash lights. But night club seems like the hell of party places.

every single word here is true tho
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:02 pm

Actually i don't hate anything, im thankful for anything that happen to me.
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:28 pm

I thought a lot about this topic and I find it hard to write something Laughing Laughing
I prefer highlighting what I like and love rather than the things I hate to be honest. "Hate" is a very strong word (sorry for this dramatic intro).
But if I had to highlight something I don't like, I'd say PARIS METROS. They're always crowded, they always break down out of nowhere, and most importantly, in the summer, it smells bad in there No

Sahar Chehabeddine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélanie Pecchio Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:37 pm

This subject is difficult for me, because I consider hatred useless and superficial.
When you are in a state where you just want to make people miserable and hurt them, it's just for me a sign of immaturity. You cannot live with hate, because you will be the one who will be hurt the most by it.
Even the people I've had fights with, I don't hate them, I just don't care and it's like they didn't exist for me anymore.
Anyways, I don't like peas, raw tomatoes and cooked rasberries.

Mélanie Pecchio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.thenault Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:03 pm

I hate spiders, long bus rides and paperwork.
I hate the sound of chalk on blackboards, endives and Dolores Umbridge from harry potter.
amandine.thenault
amandine.thenault

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:08 pm

I don't hate a lot of things but one of the things I hate the most is wasting my time unnecessarily like people taking too much time shopping and blocking the way just to say hello or choose a product. Also, I'm not a great driver, but people who don't use an indicator at roundabouts should not drive anymore. And finally the crawling insects.

GrégoryB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next