UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazil - The dream has died?

4 posters

Go down

Brazil - The dream has died? Empty Brazil - The dream has died?

Post by Admin Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:22 pm

20 minute video clip about Brazil as seen by the BBC.

Thought it might be interesting to some of you with Eli in the class.

https://www.bbc.com/reel/playlist/what-happened-to-brazil
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Brazil - The dream has died? Empty Re: Brazil - The dream has died?

Post by ELISANGELA Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:31 pm

Sad

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by SALMA FARES Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:32 pm

it's so sad :'(
SALMA FARES
SALMA FARES

Back to top Go down

Post by ELISANGELA Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:34 pm

I am gonna watch the 3 videos and give my point of view.

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi John, thank you so much for sharing this video as it's also important for us to understand what's going on in Brazil. First as students/marketers/human being to understand what's going on in the world but also and mostly as Eli's friends, because not only she currently lives in a foreign country (which can be hard enough) but she has to see what's currently going on in her country and that's hard things to see.
Moreover, I find it very interesting to watch a foreign channel such as the BBC, realize a documentary on Brazil as sometimes it can give you good insights, to understand other countries points of view. That's what's mostly doing Courrier International and I find it sometimes very enlighting (and sometimes pure bullshit but whatever).
So yes, thanks for that Smile
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by ELISANGELA Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:31 pm

Watching this video brings me back to 2014. At that time I lived at Rua da Consolação with Paulista Avenue,  where most of those manifestations happened. This whole movement started due to annual readjustment of public transportation in São Paulo. At that time it represented  R$0.25 / 0.05€.

In the same year, we had the World Cup. Billions were spent on building arenas that are abandoned nowadays. But when Brazil won the right to welcome the World Cup, Lula was president and the country was living the best economic time ever, so we didn't care. I wasn't for having the event but the time to protest was gone. Everything was already done and people died in those protests, for nothing!

The historical disaster 7 x 1 German / Brazil was a metaphor for the situation in Brazil.

I am not a political scientist and all the facts showed in these videos was crystal clear. Unfortunately, we are racist. The biggest problem is Lula and Dilma were there for the minorities so the opposition created a huge scheme to took Dilma down. I am not saying she is a Saint, but any of the reasons for impeachment was a "real" reason once she did all the same as the previous president.

Coincidently, Sergio Moro, the federal judge, who sent Lula to the jail is now the Minister of Justice and Public Security choose by Jair Bolsonaro.

I don't take a position as right or left but I voted for Lula and for Dilma and I would do it again. My family came from Nordeste, from a really poor part of Brazil, and they had their lives completely changed after PT took the power. They invested a lot and gave them a new different and good life, but the rich people, living in their fabulous houses and fancy cars can't see it. We are not happy about having an equal society. We just care about  traveling to Disney every year even if it means having many of us deprived Crying or Very sad  

We killed democracy.

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down