UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Session 8

+17
Tifenn G.
jartins
JulesV3
Brémand Xavier
logan
maeva bigeau
octave blosse
Laura
Charloote NIORT
dmarti
Melvin Fleuret
Ugo B
Julie TORRIANI
Jordan Rak
lguilb04
Aurélie
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Session 8 Empty Semester 2 Session 8

Post by Admin Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:20 pm

You've got 3 choices this week. Your Dream car, Nintendo or driving licence. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 8 Empty Re: Semester 2 Session 8

Post by Aurélie Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:22 pm

This week, I choose to speak about "driving licence". It's a special subject for me, because I've been trying to get my code for 3 years, but the events mean that I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it (Bac, work, revisions, ...). Besides, I had already started my driving hours without having the code. But, now, I am more than motivated, I want to have the driving licence too. Every day I review the code, and I hope to have it soon, so that I can spend my driving hours and my driving licence. I have been saving for almost 2 years to have it !! For the subject "your dream car", I am not yet thinking of the car of my dreams, because I am not picky, for now I just want my driving licence and a car that drives before I have a "dream car".

Aurélie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 8 Empty DREAM CAR

Post by lguilb04 Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:23 pm

I will talk about my dream car but I admit that I have several in mind: first a FIAT 500 Abarth for the city (it is easier to make slots...). Then, the MERCEDES GLC coupe in AMG Line finish rather to make long journeys and send potatoes ! Finally if I win the lottery I buy directly the LAMBORGHINI URUS all options of course with this starry roof that is exceptional. I’ll take it in black with the contours of the neon green rims. By writing this text I imagine myself instead of the person who won 220 million euros a few weeks ago and then I come back to reality by telling myself that I am still a student lambda writing a text in English on my dream car that I will have be a day that knows…. lol!

lguilb04

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:55 pm

This week I chose to talk about the car of my dreams.
In reality I would need 3, one for every day, one for the holidays and a utility for the practical side.
As an everyday car I would take a matt black Mercedes C63 AMG, it remains sober, powerful and elegant full of charisma.
After for holidays, a convertible red Triumph, it's vintage and ideal for enjoying the sun.
And finally for bulky trips it will start on the timeless Jeep Wrangler, spacious and suitable for all terrains.

Jordan Rak

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:46 am

Hello !
I will talk to you today about nintendo!
I had the DS nitendo, and it was really all my childhood. I had lots of games like petshops, nintendogs, and especially MARIO BROSS! it was really too good and we felt like heroes when we succeeded in a world in mario bross.
On the DS there was also pictochat! We spoke with our friends who were next to us but we thought we were grown-ups to send messages! Very Happy

Julie TORRIANI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:15 am

Let's talk about Nintendo. I remember my first game ever was Pokemon Blue on Gameboy advance, I was like 5 yo and I was really happy, I passed my days on this game. After that, I get a Nintedo DS, to keep playing to pokemon and somes Nintendo's licence such as Professor Layton, Dragon Quest Monster Joker... Then a 3DS, I only get Pokemon's games on this console. I din't buy the Switch yet, and to be honest I don't know if I will, I mean, the Pokemon's game on it seems pretty bad, and other licences don't attract me a lot.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Fleuret Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:04 pm

I choose Nintendo, because I'm a pro-Nintendo ( I don't play Playstation or Xbox ).
First, Ugo said lot of shit, because the Pokémon Games on Switch will take a new freshness. First, New Pokémon Snap will be a graphic's slap at the 30th April. Then we have the Diamond and Pearl Remake for November, and finally Pokémon Legends: Arceus at 2022 beginning who will be an open world game.

For me Nintendo is the best video games creator, because he has lots of singular licence ( Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros... ) and we take fun when we play at Nintendo's games.
I have 2 switch ( one basic and one lite ) and I consider that's one of the better console.

I also have lots of memories on Nintendo's games. For exemple, my three favorite games on Nintendo DS, or again the game " Soccer Shootout " on Super Nes ( maybe John you better know this one ). This game was released in 1994, and my father, uncle and me still take lot of pleasure to play this.

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:36 am

Melvin Fleuret wrote:I choose Nintendo, because I'm a pro-Nintendo ( I don't play Playstation or Xbox ).
First, Ugo said lot of shit, because the Pokémon Games on Switch will take a new freshness. First, New Pokémon Snap will be a graphic's slap at the 30th April. Then we have the Diamond and Pearl Remake for November, and finally Pokémon Legends: Arceus at 2022 beginning who will be an open world game.

For me Nintendo is the best video games creator, because he has lots of singular licence ( Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros... ) and we take fun when we play at Nintendo's games.
I have 2 switch ( one basic and one lite ) and I consider that's one of the better console.

I also have lots of memories on Nintendo's games. For exemple, my three favorite games on Nintendo DS, or again the game " Soccer Shootout " on Super Nes ( maybe John you better know this one ). This game was released in 1994, and my father, uncle and me still take lot of pleasure to play this.

I was never a Nintendo guy Melvin, I had an atari games machine in the 70's followed by a sega maga drive and then PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4. I did buy my kids a gameboy each in 1989 and a few of the later gameboy versions and we had a Wii for a while because that was fun to play as a family.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Melvin Fleuret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:20 am

I didn’t think I’d get my driving license the first time and this for several reasons. First of all, during the exam, I knew that I had conducted rather well but I got an examiner not very friendly and respectful. he turned his back to me when he spoke and was not at all pleasant.
Next, you should know that during my white license, I made an elimination mistake after two minutes..my instructor told me that if I kept driving like that I wouldn’t have my license. the principal of the driving school had even put a little pressure on me to motivate me.
Fnally, I managed to silence the critics.

dmarti

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:31 pm

I must admit that the 3 themes do not inspire me too much. Easy to say when I am not able to propose a theme idea! So I’m going to talk a little bit about the three. For starters, I don’t have a dream car (if not an easy car to drive, and one that makes slots automatically…).
Then, the nintendo light is one of my first digital game tools, and I was a fan of it… Sometimes I played it at night, in a forbidden way…
Finally, getting my driver’s license is proof that miracles exist. Besides, I remember being happier having my driver’s license than my high school diploma ( baccalaureat) .

Charloote NIORT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:39 pm

This week, I choose the subject of the driving licence.
In order to get my license more quickly, I did the accompanied driving.
I started taking the code in second. I got it at the beginning of June and during all the summer I did my driving hours. And at the end of the summer, I was able to go on the road with the accompanied driving.
For one and a half to two years, I remained in accompanied driving. I passed my license at 17 and a half and I got it in October 2017 with it seems 29 points.
It was a long time to wait for the 18 years before being able to drive alone.
The advantage of having been in accompanied driving is to have gained experience and confidence.

Laura

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by octave blosse Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:08 am

I don't really have a dream car, because several are nice, but I think I have a penchant for SUVs which are very comfortable and very sporty cars with good engines.

octave blosse

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by maeva bigeau Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:24 pm

Today, I talk about nintendo, because this play is my youth and very amusing. I played with my sister and my families. With my sister we had DS and lots differents games. For example Mario Bross, Mario Kark, animals crossing, games with dogs and horses. Because my sister and my I loved animals. Now we still have the WII to lay with mom, sister and my friends. But with my girlfriend we have the new nintendo which is the switch, we have four games , which are Fornite, pokemon go evoli, animals crossing and a duel game. Pokemon go evoli we totaly finished it on friday morning, so we are going to buy another to keep playing.

maeva bigeau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:01 pm

I'll talk about the time I passed the license, at first I did a code internship of 3 days in a row and after 1 month I passed the code and I got it the first time. Then for driving hours it was more complicated, the first five hours went pretty well and then after it became more and more complicated which is normal. From obtaining the permit until today I haven’t lost a single point or taken a single fine. As for my dream car knowing that I started with a Peugeot 106, I don't necessarily have one, as long as it has 4 wheels and it moves forward.

logan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:10 pm

This was one of my early cars - when I was a student - I used to have to park on a small hill because it never started without rolling.

Semester 2 Session 8 Picture-392
Admin
Admin
Admin

Melvin Fleuret and Aurélie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brémand Xavier Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:23 pm

I don't really have a dream car because my vision of a dream car is a futuristic one but I'd like to have an old vintage car in the future. So I will be able to chill peacefully, rolling on the campaign's road. And I will look cool with it.

Brémand Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV3 Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:47 pm

Ok so this week topic is about our dream car, Nintendo or driving licence. The first and the last one are for me related because my dream car is a Tesla, as I already had the opportunity to speak about Elon Musk and his company (space X, Tesla or neuralink ... ) For me it's just the future ! If I get the opportunity to choose my Tesla I think I'll choose the model 3 of course I'll choose the "performance" one that would allow me to have a 563km of autonomy, 261km/h of max speed and by starting at 0km/h I'll need 3.3s to reach the 100km/h, for an electric car that is absolutely insane. My actual car might require 15s by starting at 50km/h to reach the 100km/h and it have the same autonomy, but the cost of a full isn't comparable too. I'll add of course every option to get the most autonom car and it's here that we link to the third topic, is the driving licence will in the future still as hard as actual to achieved ? Elon Musk has as aim to make cheaper car (around 21k (a model 3 as I described earlier is actually 67.5k)) so if everyone in the future could afford some car drived by themselves the driving licence will be different and certainly easier. Anyway, actually a Tesla is only a dream car, but this dream will became reality one day, even if it's when I'll be retreated.

JulesV3

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jartins Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:56 am

Today I will talk about the driver's license. I had my driver's license more than three years ago, I am no longer on probation. I think that when you have a driving license you don't really know how to drive from day one. I think you have to drive every day and for a year to start mastering. In addition, it is better to start driving with a car that does not cost too much because a young driver is more likely to break it. But when you start with an expensive car, you have more attention, so you risk less accidents.

jartins

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifenn G. Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:04 pm

Okay, today I will speak my driving licence and Nintendo because I never think at my dream car I just need bluetooth connexion in my car to put the musics and sing during the long trips. Concerning my driving licence, I got them only there is some weeks so when I had the results, there is a real liberation for me because I had lot of difficulties to got them, I passed the exam three times and I think that I knew drive since a long time because I did the supervised driving with my parents and I drove safely and clearly it's just that the day of the exam I did stupid errors with stress and anxiety, but after the first try I had lot of apprehensions. But the driving licence taught me one thing very important for the life, the notion of failure and perseverance because before the driving licence I admit that I always had facilities for all my exams and sometimes I forgot the fact to do lot of efforts and not success despite it all. I didn't understand the failures of other because I thought that you just have to work to success so all people who don't success is just lazybones, so the failure of my driving licence is a good thing that I permitted to down my pride and that all thing was not easily acquired. Concerning Nintendo even if it's me who proposed the subject I'm not very inspired by it 😅 I discovered the Nintendo universe with my sister when we are child because we had the gameboy color advance with lot of video games from lot of different Nintendo series like Mario (obviously), Donkey Kong, Kirby etc and after when I was in secondary school I play often at "Super smash bros" which allowed to discover more Nintendo series but in reality my favorite video games character all the time was not from Nintendo, It's Sonic from Sega and I remember that I played more times at Sonic video games rather than Mario and on "Super smash Bros" I choose very often Sonic which is one of the characters which are in the games but which not depend on Nintendo, but I recognized that Nintendo have more famous and great series compare to Sega which have only Sonic and maybe Alex Kid. But there is lot of iconic characters who dont provided by licence other than Nintendo like Pac-Man from Namco, Megaman from Capcom, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro from Sony, Rayman from Ubisoft etc etc... but Sonic is the best !

Tifenn G.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:07 pm

My dream car... Since I got my license, I have become much more interested in cars, and then I love to drive! I have an old twingo but it is not the car of my dreams at all ... obviously! As the car of my dreams as a student I love the latest Twingo, I find them beautiful, useful, pleasant to drive and above all small but spacious: because my first criterion for a car is that I must be able to fit it. my triathlon bike without removing the wheels! But I also love the Audi A1 and C3 convertible!
Otherwise my dream car when I have a family life and I work would be more of a big car, for example a range rover.

loreena martin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:05 pm

This week, I choose to talk about Nintendo. As a video game industry, Nintendo has grown into our society and most of all into our hearts. Children of past generations and our generation have played and are still playing Nintendo games. It has become a whole new culture in the video games industry and in society. Everyone knows about Mario and his friends. This industry comes from Japan, as the country is a big deal in this field, and has given a part of the country's culture to the Western part of the world. I grew up playing Mario bros or Mario Kart for example and I didn't like when bananas were placed on the ground... I also think that in Japan it has even more importance than in France for example, because it happens that people dress as Nintendo characters and ride karts just like in the game, in the streets of Tokyo, which seems fun. Finally I would like to say that there are other games produced by Nintendo, such as the legend of Zelda, but I've never played this game so I can't give my opinion about this one.

Pierre-Louis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coline Thouvenin Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:17 pm

This week, I choose to talk about my dream car.
Since the car I currently own was given to me by my grandparents for my 18th birthday I would have to say that it is my dream car. But let's be realistic! A 206 is not anyone's dream car. I think that if one day I have the time and the means, I would like to refurbish a range rover like my father's. He's had one since I was a kid and I think I've fallen in love with it just like him.

Coline Thouvenin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:55 pm

I chose to talk about my dream car because I like nice cars and my parents change cars every two years or so, so I'm used to seeing new cars. However none of the cars they've had are my dream cars. Indeed I would like to have as a car an Audi RS Q3. It mixes both comfort and power. These are the two most important criteria for me. Of course if we talk about a car that I think I would never have I would say that the car of my dreams is a Lamborghini Urus Mansory. This one I would never have but an Audi RS Q3 I think after several years of work I could have it. Finally it depends on what job.

Gaëtan Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum