UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 topic. Tv Series

+28
Grandidier lilian
Charlie vieira
DONNARY Louis
Adrien PLANET
Louis XVI
Petit Valentin
Marion Gilet
Naomi ARSIVAUD
julien blay
Mila Bodin
Mathis Hayet
moreau julien
Mateo Zientek
nicolasrenaudon
victor bouveret
Maria Caulot
Corentin FAITY
Jason-dmt
Valentin Delias
Tom Régnier
Florian Brédif
Julien DAVID
Léo Meirinhos
diogocalheirosantamarinha
PELLADEAUD Kilian
Julien Causeur
RDebarre
Admin
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 2 topic. Tv Series Empty Week 2 topic. Tv Series

Post by Admin Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:25 am

Tell us about your favourite TV series and any recommendations you have for others. Are you watching in VO?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic. Tv Series Empty Re: Week 2 topic. Tv Series

Post by RDebarre Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:18 pm

I've watched a lot of Spanish series like Elite or Casa de Papel. These are very interesting series because we always want to discover what's next.
I also like the French series, which are usually old series that take place during the war.
I also like long films with several stages like hunger games, or elusive. These are films with action and suspense.
I love the film titanic because there is romance, a love story, the sea and also because it is a true story and with a very important historical fact.

RDebarre

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Causeur Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi john,
My favorite tv series right now is Peaky blinders with Cillian Murphy who plays the main character Thomas Shelby. I love this show filled with suspense and action.
This series is about a gang «The Peaky Blinders» that ruled in Birmingham area in the 1920s. Book bets, black market and flights are their daily lot.
We will follow the misadventures of Thomas Shelby and his family throughout the seasons.
I look forward to season 5 which will be released on October 4th on Netflix.
I don’t watch tv series in VO because I don’t like reading at the same time as watching the tv.

Julien Causeur

Back to top Go down

Post by PELLADEAUD Kilian Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Hello John,
My favourite series is «the punisher».
In this series the main character is franck Castle nicknamed the Punisher. He is a vigilante who fights crime by killing his opponents rather than allowing justice to be done. After taking revenge on those responsible for the death of his family, he discovers a real conspiracy.
I don’t watch TV series in VO.

PELLADEAUD Kilian

Back to top Go down

Post by diogocalheirosantamarinha Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:44 pm

I love watching TV series at the moment i am watching the new season of peaky blinders wich is a story about a gipsey family from Birmingham in the 1920’s. I love it because you get inside the universe wich is very nicely worked like the city of Birmingham who is really nicely represented or also the different English accents who change through the characters. The tv series i loved the most watching were Breaking Bad, Sherlock and also Game of Thrones.

diogocalheirosantamarinha

Back to top Go down

Post by Léo Meirinhos Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Hello John , This week we talk about TV series, and I love TV series. I finished "Stranger Things", an "How to sell drugs online" and I really love this series. I watch Stranger things in VO, because is an American series but not "How to sell drugs online" because It's a German's series, and I don't very like the German. This summer, I finished Game of Thrones, and I love this series but the end was disappointing. But my favorite series is Peaky Blinders, Cilian Murphy who played Thomas Shelby is very charismatic.

Léo Meirinhos

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien DAVID Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:38 pm

hello John,
You could see and hear i have a bad english it is probably because of i don't see series in VO.
I can say i have just one favorite serie because i like so much La Casa De Papel, Games of Thrones or flash but i have a recommandations for all peoples if you don't like studies buy netflix and watch all of series. in netflix i recommanded Strangers Things.
My favorite animated serie is One Punch Man, it's so hilarious and in agreement with the Japanese animated.
I started punisher and i think it is a good action serie, but i just see 30 minutes i can't talkl about it.

Julien DAVID

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Brédif Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:41 pm

I much prefer TV series to movies probably because TV series are most long. A TV series gives at the spectator what a movie don't give, continuity of a story that we love during a many seasons.
Today, I watch Peaky Blinders (season 2) and I like this series, atmosphere, history and Thomas Shelby. But my favorite series is Vikings, the story of Ragnar Lothbrok and his children, that rotates about the north mythologie.

Florian Brédif

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Régnier Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi John, today it will be short because I don't watch TV series or Web series because if I watch an episode I couldn't stop watching the series and I have "no life". So I prefer watch films at the cinema or on internet. My both favorite film is 42 (First black player in MLB) and "The green mile" with Tom Hanks. I voted for football last monday because i have nothing to say about TV series. My bad John, Have a great Week end.
Tom Régnier
Tom Régnier

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Delias Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Hello John,
At the moment, I'm watching "The Walking Dead", it's a very long series of 8 seasons, I started this summer and I'm in season 8. I loved it, and I am close to see the end of this series. It's the story of a world touched by a virus. After the death of someone, this person turns into a "zombie". I don't look at this in VO and maybe that's why that I have bad english. Have a good week end.

Valentin Delias

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason-dmt Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:48 am

Hey ! So, All the series i use to watch are in Vostfr, Game of thrones beiing ended i probably started a new serie as "Stranger Things" or "The boys" is coming soon. However, I love follow each episode one after the other except when there is not break, cause it's very hard to take it back... If there is a serie i can recommand you, that will be "Lucifer", the topic and the setting used making relations and unexpected development intense ! Otherwise there is always "The Umbrela Academy" and "Rick and Morty" for unschooled...

Jason-dmt

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin FAITY Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:44 pm

hi John,
I don’t watch a lot of series because I don’t have much time and when I start an episode I absolutely want to know the rest so I don’t stop. the only series I’ve watched entirely are flash and arrow now a little while ago. I’m more movie because at least this one has an end and I’m forced to stop Smile

Corentin FAITY

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Caulot Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 pm

The subject being the series, I will talk about the last series that I saw. Her name is Elite. I watched season 2, released on September 6th. In this season 2 the main characters are present and new characters arrive. The course of season 2 is the same as season 1, with an investigation that resolves throughout the season. Here the investigation is the disappearance of one of the characters.
I never look in VO !

Maria Caulot

Back to top Go down

Post by victor bouveret Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:24 pm

We have already discussed the subject of the series last year so I will try to innovate a little.
A series is a succession of seasons composed of episodes. each episode lasts about 45 minutes. It's roughly 1h less than a movie so it's one of the advantages of the series. We can watch an episode as soon as we have a little time. In addition, a series spreads over time. It can therefore give more importance to certain actions than in a film and thus prolong the pleasure. However, it can also make the series too long and a little boring.

I saw MARIANNE recently !!!! I forgot it !
This series is scary. I did not even manage to look at some moments when I was alone in my apartment. It's a series about witchcraft, demon and death. I do not even know why I looked at her...

victor bouveret

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolasrenaudon Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Hello John,
I would to speak about my favorite tv series of this summer, the "case de papel". The last season went out this summer in July. In this one, the heroes of the story are going to make a new and even more sinister robbery, steal all the gold from the bank of Spain. More reversals occur, the old investigator joins the group of bandits to help them to succeed at the top the mission. This serie is very interesting because many people have seen this series, we can discuss, give our opinions, ans it is very nice. However, I didn't see this in VO because it was in Spanish and I prefer see this one in English. And I think it will serves me later, to speak, to valid my year of university in this discipline.
But, in the majority of the time, I watch my series in VO like Stranger Thinks.

nicolasrenaudon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo Zientek Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:24 pm

i will speak about the different series that i watch. this summer i started the Casa de Papel, at the beginning i didn't really like to watch this series but after i can't stop it and i find this serie amazing.
after i watch Elite the second season, it's speaking about teenagers it was a nice serie.
now i am watching top boy ,it's speaking about guys who started to be drug dealers and came to the top "maybe" i don't have finish it .

Mateo Zientek

Back to top Go down

Post by moreau julien Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:05 pm

I don't watch many shows because I don't take the time to watch them and I can't find a show I like. I have all the same look the Casa de Papel and Elite.
These two series my much more because there was a lot of action and suspense. I'm not watching these two shows in VO.

moreau julien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Hayet Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

my favorite series right now is peaky blinders. This series deals with a gang in Birmingham which is enriched by various illegal actions. The peacky blinders are headed by a family, the shellby family consisting of three brothers, a sister and an aunt who, thanks to cunning and violence, take control of England.
i don't look this série in VO

Mathis Hayet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila Bodin Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:47 pm

I do not look at the series, I had an overdose this summer. But my favorite series is "la casa de papel", it's a police style, a group of delinquents is found to turn the frabrique of the currency and then the bank of Spain. The series is not over, a season 4 comes out in January 2020.

Mila Bodin

Back to top Go down

Post by julien blay Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:37 pm

The last series I watched is called elite. It has become my favorite series because season two is incredible, The story is set in a high school in Spain and there is a murder.
Otherwise I don’t watch too many series or movies because I often fall asleep in front of ...

julien blay

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi ARSIVAUD Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:09 pm

I fond to watch a TV serie with my friends or my family because it’s a good way to spend time together. But there is one rule very important: always watching together! And sometimes it’s really difficile to wait but that permit to have break. Now I’m going to read topics about TV series of my classmates to found a new serie to watch soon! Don’t worry if some monday morning i have two dark circles, that’s mean it was a good serie...

Naomi ARSIVAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Gilet Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:52 pm

This week the subject is about TV series so recently I finished the third season of 13 reasons why. I love this serie because it deals with important topics of teenage years. I look this serie in VO and now I try to do this with all the series I watch.
I really like the series "la casa de papel" and "elite" because the VO in in spanish.

Marion Gilet

Back to top Go down

Post by Petit Valentin Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:30 am

Now i didn't watch a lot of series, sometime i rewatch "how i met your mother" it's a chill serie. I like the nature of each character. At the beginig of this summer i finish the 4th season of "Breaking bad" but i do a break because it's a little bit too long

Petit Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis XVI Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:25 am

I watched lot of series the last two years but now i'm too poor for buy a Netflix account. But i'm remember that i watched "Malcolm" when i was a child. That was my first TV series and it's f***ing hilarious. I'm sad and it's too bad that francky muniz, the actor of malcolm got some problem of memory and he has forgotten all his memories from the shooting malcolm series. Then i saw on the net that a film from "Malcolm" will come out. I hope that this information will be true and maybe i'll can see you in cinema !

Louis XVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien PLANET Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:35 am

Since last year, I watched many series and also finished many series.
But I will talk about to Stranger things. A lot of people watched this series and they talk about it with a lot of good. SO, I ended up watching her. I don't have dissapointed, mostly for the first season 1 who is suspens strong. The scenario is vey good but the season 2 and 3 were less good. It was difficult for me finished the last episodes.

Adrien PLANET

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next