UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games

+21
Cedric Edet
camille crochet
Luca Maroleau
Ulysse TRAN
Louis Alter
Romain Robert
Ugo Delage
Legrand Gwendal
ecolde01
loreena martin
Clément Blanchet
KylianMalavergne
Léna Le Bondé
Laurine Avinio
Vincen1234
Romain BERTRAND
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
Estelle Arrivé
Anais Quéré
Melissandre
Admin
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games Empty Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games

Post by Admin Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Thanks to Lola for this wonderfully interesting subject.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games Empty Re: Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games

Post by Melissandre Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:37 pm

I think it's a good thing that the Olympics are in Paris in 2024. France is renovating infrastructure that is in poor condition. Moreover the Olympics will bring tourists. I hope to be able to visit as many events as possible to encourage my country. Hope that there is no doping and that the atmosphere is good. Maybe the foreigners who come to see the Olympics will appreciate France and they will want to come back.

Last edited by Melissandre on Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Melissandre

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games Empty Re: Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games

Post by Anais Quéré Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:32 pm

The Olympic games begin in 1,773 days from 26 july to 11 august 2020 in Paris in France.

It's a good idea for France because it will increase the popularity of it and tourism.
Morever, France wants to bring new experience with new sports to the Olympic Games for exemple: Breaking, climbing, skateboarding and surfing (temporarily accepted) but if it is accepted definitively then everyone will be able to try their luck in their own sport. I think that it is very good for integrate different people and not always have to the same sports and the same people. More, musn't forget paralympic games because they are as important as the Olympics Games.
This event will bring much joy to own country as well as sharing, team spirit and love for our country.
good luck to FRANCE !!!

Anais Quéré

Birthday : 2001-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle Arrivé Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:31 pm

In 2024 Paris will receive the Olympic Games.
This requires a lot of organization for the country, for the adaptation of some places to accommodate some structures, to welcome a large number of tourists, to manage athletes...
Four sports (climbing, skateboarding, breakdance and surfing) will be part of the program. It is a way to make the Olympic Games evolve, that Paris 2024 impresses people's minds, but also to encourage young people to do sport.
I look forward to being there to see my favorite sports and athletes in person.

Estelle Arrivé

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:45 pm

In 2024, Paris will host the Olympic Games, the most famous competition in the world which reborn in 1896 in Athens. It was originally a celebration to Zeus who was one of the many gods in Greek mythology. It was a serie of athletic competitions as today. The link between ancient Olympic games and modern Olympic games is, of course the sport but also the sacred fire. Indeed there is the Olympic flame. The sacred flame has to do a long way until the opening ceremony. The last person who hold it has to light with his torch a basin where the sacred fire will burn for the duration of the Games. Moreover, Olympic games will bring another kind of notoriety to the capital. To host these games allows the country to show its power. Furthermore, there is the aspect of politics and international relationships between the many countries. To illustrate that we can see the Olympic Games at Seoul which shown the economic explosion of these states called New Industrialised Countries of Asia. Then, in emerging countries as Pekin and Rio and in these cases they host the games to show their power. In 2028, it will happen inLos Angeles.

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:40 pm

The Olympic Games are the biggest event in the world (any subject confused). The event takes place once every 4 years which makes it even more anticipated and exciting. And it's great that the Olympics are held in France in 2024 for lot of reasons !
First, as the Olympics will be held in our country, there will be no jet lag so no need to wake up every morning for two weeks at 4am to follow the pole vault or the handball final ! Then it will be possible to go to Paris and live the atmosphere of the Olympic Games ! In the other hand, these Olympics will be very modern because there will be new sports like skateboarding or surfing, the marathon will be open to the public (for the lucky ones) and surfing could take place in Tahiti 15,000 kilometers from the Olympic Village for magnificent images and enhancement of the overseas territories of France.
And finally, the Paris Olympics 2024 will take place 100 years after the Paris Olympics 1924 so it's symbolic.

Romain BERTRAND

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincen1234 Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:09 am

The next Summer Olympics will be held in 2020 in Tokyo, Japan. The city, elected in September 2013 by the International Olympic Committee (IOC)
In addition, we already know that five new sports will be on the programme of these Games: climbing, karate, skateboarding, surfing and baseball/softball.
Disciplines that are supposed to reach a younger audience.
I am particularly impatient to see surfing which is a new sport at Olympic games and which for me is an exciting sport

Vincen1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine Avinio Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:26 pm

In 2024 the Olympic Games of Paris will take place. This will be the event of the year. The Olympic Games will begin Friday 26 July and they will finish Sunday 11 August. The new disciplines are surfing, climbing, skateboarding and breakdance. These new sports will add more to the games. The opening ceremony will take place at the Stade de France in St Denis. They will also build an Olympic village in St Denis. At the "Palace of Versailles" will be the equitation events. Still in St Denis, France must build an aquatic center.
I think the Olympic Games will bring more to France and it would be a dream for me to go.

Laurine Avinio

Back to top Go down

Post by Léna Le Bondé Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:27 pm

The 2024 Olympic Games will be held in Paris, in the capital of our country and will begin July 26. It's the big event for everybody and for our country. Many constructions are in progress to be able to welcome these games. A total of 28 sports are on the program, with new games such as karate, surfing and skateboarding. I would really like if I had the chance, to go see a swimming event.

Léna Le Bondé

Back to top Go down

Post by KylianMalavergne Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:36 pm

1041/5000
Hi!
Let's go to talk about the Olympic Games of Paris 2024!
The Olympic Games in Paris 2024 were officially designated at the 131st IOC Session in Lima, Peru on September 13, 2017 after lengthy negotiations with the City of Los Angeles. This same city will be awarded the Olympic Games of 2028. Paris 2024 will run from July 26, 2024 to August 11, 2024 and mainly in the Stade de France. During these Olympics 4 new Olympic disciplines will take place: Surfing, Climbing, Skateboarding and breakdance. These games are based on 95% of installations. Only 3 achievements will have to be made before the games: An aquatic center next to the Stade de France, An open arena of 7500 places for Basketball and obviously the Olympic Village, all for a budget of 6.6 billion euros. In France, a real craze was created around these games so that they are the most beautiful and the most successful in the history of the Olympic Games. Go France !! (and come on England ...........!)

KylianMalavergne

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Blanchet Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:06 am

France seeks to offer unique Olympic games to become more radiating over the world. Therefore the country tries to make the Olympics great again, and unforgettable.

The particularity of Paris 2024 is the arrival of 4 new sports. Something cool with climbing and surfing is the creation of new infrastructures near our home that will go with the event. For example we heard about a wave pool project, like in Dubai, which could be awesome because our country isn't really famous for his waves, mostly during the summer, and it could help France athlete to reach world championship in surf later.

Moreover Paris 2024, with skateboarding and breaking, aims at reaching a new audience and change the view that we have on these sports. However it's also a source of debate for urban dancers. Some are saying that "Paris 2024 is the biggest step forward breaking ever made" whereas other think that hip-hop will lose his artistic essence, judging objectively dancer's performance, observing for example how straight legs are during powermoves, as in gym, and not how musical a bboy can be. I personally see this as a good way to earn recognition for these disciplines. Perhaps People will look urban dancer and skater in a better way. Olympic games is evolving with minds.

Finally something interesting is that it will be quite easy to go and support our country athletes in 2024.

Clément Blanchet

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:47 pm

Olympic games 2024 is good for france for many reasons : first for tourism, to develop our country, to give a goal to achieve in 2024 (with new developments) and to promote sports in France with media coverage.
These olympic games allow to introduce sports to people who are not interested, the fact that it will happen in their country allows them to be interest. I'm so happy and proud that France was chosen for these games, it will allow me to see different competitions of the olympic games with my family and friends because there is not a long way to Paris.
GO FRANCE!!!

loreena martin

Back to top Go down

Post by ecolde01 Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Hello today I'm going to talk about the Olympic Games that will be held in the summer of 2024 in Paris, France.
Paris is already a very touristic city but with the arrival of the Olympic Games the number of tourists will be multiplied. This is great news for France because it will bring money to the country. The Summer Olympic Games include 34 sports and 44 disciplines that will take place around Paris with infrastructure that will be built just for the event.
we hope of course that France will win many medals to be at the center of attention.

ecolde01

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games Empty The olympic games

Post by Legrand Gwendal Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi every one, let's talk a little bit about the olympic games of Paris!
This is an event that took place every four years in different city.
Last time it was at Rio, the next will be in Tokyo and in 2024 we are happy to welcome this sport event in our country.
It implies a lot of spent, to build all the area that needing an event like the Olympic games, but it will bring lot of tourist to so it's good for France and Paris.

Legrand Gwendal

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games Empty The olympics games

Post by Ugo Delage Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:29 pm

The Olympics Games ! It is an extraordinary event that Paris will have the chance to welcome in 2024. The Olympic Games have no equivalence in the world of sport, for many athletes it is the goal of a life, even before to expect a result, the mere fact of participating in it imposes respect.  It is the culmination of a life of work and sacrifices, necessary to hope to be able to feel the atmosphere released by thousands of spectators. Let's hope that the French will be ready to shine in front of their nation, but before Japan will stand in their way!

Ugo Delage

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Robert Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:23 pm

The olympic games 2024, are going to create a big sporting event. But for this they need organisation.
For the organisation and the sale, 4000 job will be create. Moreover 80000 benevoles will help to organise. Without them the olympic game will not be possible.
We can register now to become benevoles !!! So you Don't have to hesitate!!

Romain Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Alter Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:37 pm

On September 13, 2017, Paris officially won the organization of the 2024 Olympic Games. The victory came after the agreement between the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the last rival city, Los Angeles, which arrogates the Four Games years later. The capital had organized the Games in 1900 and in 1924 for the last time. It plans to stage its iconic sites such as the Eiffel Tower (triathlon, marathon), the Champs Elysees (cycling), the Palace of Versailles (riding) or the Grand Palace (fencing). A project estimated at 6.6 billion euros, a figure lower than the last editions thanks to the existence of most infrastructures. This event will bring a lot of tourists to France which will help develop the territory from a social and economic point of view.

Louis Alter

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Robert Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Hello Im Saber Im sorry, I have forgotten my laptop in the car of my friend, but I have also forgotten my passwords. Yes… I know, I'm an idiot! But is not the topic…
Olympic Games, the french federation of athletics has got in place project for Paris 2024 for the Young generation athlete of the high level.
She is composed of financially participation, contract 18 months with sponsors minimum and finaly 3 tutors for accompanying the athlètes in the Olympic Games. It's verry a good idea, help the Younger for their project.

Saber Saou. afro

Romain Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulysse TRAN Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:47 pm

The Breakdance has been announced as a new discipline for Olympic Games 2024 in Paris. It is a big step for this sport and his community. Indeed, so far, Breakdance was considered as a "urban" sport, like Parkour and Freerunning, while there are international competitions. The only thing is the rules are not decided yet, breakdancers would not want that the norms are changed a lot during the olympic event. The Breakdance is codified and hold regulations,but the dancer can execute all movement he wants to. Hope the reckoners will not be too close.

Ulysse TRAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Maroleau Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:21 pm

One hundred years laters France receive the Olympics Games. This huge sportive event is the condense of multitude of sports and countries.
However take the responsability of being the host country demand the setting up of some adapted infrastructure and therefore naturally spaces and money.
But what will be the main consequences for the country and its inhabitants?
Contrary to what we think the Olympics Games is not only the beauty of the event, indeed, behind all this light hides a preparation and then repercussions for the inhabitant and ecology.
Actually, to build all these infrastructures the France will has to find vast spaces but the solution will not encroach on the council estates or the green spaces ?
Moreover, it induces the expense of astronomical amound of money and the French economic system is not too fragile to support such a burden?We can then ask ourselves how will the French state solve this problem?

Luca Maroleau

Back to top Go down

Post by camille crochet Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:38 pm

From July 26th to August 11th 2024, in Paris will take place the Olympic Games. The choice of place was made by an election to Peru by the CIO.
There are 28 sports in the Olympic Games, but some sports can be added.
The last Olympic Games in France were in 1924 (in Paris).
I would like to go see a swimming or athletic event.
Camille Crochet

camille crochet

Back to top Go down

Week 2 subject - Paris Olympic Games Empty Olympic games 2024

Post by Cedric Edet Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:37 am

The Olympic Games in Paris 2024 is the next very popular event in France. It's the biggest event in the world, very publicized so it's very important to give a good image of France.
This attraction will allow a real dynamization of the Paris region and so France. Indeed, the Olympics can maje money in France with 500 000 foreign visitors who are expected during this event. This will bring between 5.3 billion and 10.7 billion euros in economic benefits.
Moreover, it has been 100 years since Paris has not hosted an Olympiad, so it's also a symbolic aspect.

Cedric Edet

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEHO Timothe Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:47 pm

The Olympic games come in France in 2024. This will allow France to earn a lot of money but also that we French we are able to host such events. I hope that the frenchs athletes will be very strong. I will try in 2024 to be able to go to Paris for to assist these olympic games.

GUEHO Timothe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jardin victoire Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:22 pm

The olympic games will take place in exactly 1766 days, it will take place from July 26 to August 11 in France. They can group up to 205 countries. 41 sports will take place. It is an event with economic, cultural and tourist benefits for France.

Jardin victoire

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:25 pm

I just saw that the work I do on the Olympics in Paris did not put online I put it online today.

These Olympic games will take place from July 26 to August 11, 2024 of course!
The organization of these games has a provisional budget of 3.6 billion euros, to be financed by the IOC for ticketing, sponsorship, television rights ... As well as 3 billion euros for the construction of equipment: villages , pools, stadiums ...
Despite this large sum is a risk of exceeding 500 million euros due to local demands, the benefits should be favorable and generated about 10.7 billion euros.
The games are above all an event for all the athletes and sportsmen of the whole world, a moment of celebration but it is also a source of entertainment and also income for the states
The participating countries will therefore compete in a multitude of events with three gold, silver and bronze medals and hope that France at home will be the winner of these games.

LuceGaetan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next