UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week 7 subject - South Africa

+25
Nathan Raveraud
Gaëtan Debien
Lemarquis Mathis
Enzo Bourgeaux
TAMANG Andréas
djibril17
TIRET Cédric
grammont.theo
Fusiller Simon
Océane Martin
Benjamin BACARIA
sriffa01
Pitat
LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen
Marcuccini Luigi
Pierrick
Ribault Geoffrey
Nicolas Jakow
Sandro Appiotti
Pierre Bonnefont
Hugo Seugnet
Gaspard Pouzin
Antoine PERAUD
Gaël
Admin
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

week 7 subject - South Africa Empty week 7 subject - South Africa

Post by Admin Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:21 pm

It's not just rugby.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

week 7 subject - South Africa Empty Re: week 7 subject - South Africa

Post by Gaël Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 pm

South Africa is a wonderful country because of its geographical location,it has wild territories with many animals as well as the ocean. It is not a very rich country but the diversity of the population is important with the mixture of cultures and colours. Sportively sport king is rugby. The national team, the recent winner of the 4 nations, exploded the English in the World Cup final. It is obvious that in this final I supported South Africa. We’ll remember this game for a long time, John.

Gaël

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine PERAUD Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Africa is often seen as a poor country, drought victim, and, because of this, it is not situated on the top 3 of the regions we wants to visit on holidays. But let me show you an african country which possibly offer you the most beautiful photos you can have.
This country is Zimbabwe. The most famous place is Victoria's waterfall, even more valued by multiple rainbows that are ponctuating the scene.
You can also visit 4 big nationals parks, wich contains the famous african big five: lions, buffaloes, elephants, leopards, and rhinos.
But i for this visit, i advise you to stay on the car Wink

Antoine PERAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Pouzin Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Hello John
South Africa is a beautiful country with the savannah, animals and safary.But south africa is a country poor because is not developing in economics aspects and more people are need help, but the cultur in south africa is very varied. the sports national is the rugby and this year won the final worold cup .

Gaspard Pouzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Seugnet Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:51 am

This is really hard to talk about a country when we never went, because we have a representation that is not ours. So i can juste say that South africa is a poor country very little developped. there is a medical problem in South africa, people have difficulty to be in good health. People do not necessarily want to travel in this country because this is not attractive.

Hugo Seugnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Bonnefont Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:55 pm

I did some research because I don't know much about this country apart from their recent victory against the English (32-12!!!)
and I found that the country has three capital cities (Cape Town (Legislative), Pretoria (Administrative) and Bloemfontein (Judicial)) and 11 official languages, each with equal status.
In addition, South Africa is now the only country in the world to have hosted the Soccer, Cricket and Rugby World Cup and South Africa is the only country in the entire world that has voluntarily abandoned its nuclear weapons programme.

Pierre Bonnefont

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Pierre Bonnefont wrote:I did some research because I don't know much about this country apart from their recent victory against the English (32-12!!!)
and I found that the country has three capital cities (Cape Town (Legislative), Pretoria (Administrative) and Bloemfontein (Judicial)) and 11 official languages, each with equal status.
In addition, South Africa is now the only country in the world to have hosted the Soccer, Cricket and Rugby World Cup and South Africa is the only country in the entire world that has voluntarily abandoned its nuclear weapons programme.

Good man for looking up the information. However England has also hosted the Soccer, Cricket and Rugby world cup - and won them all. We've also had the olympics and many other world championships.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandro Appiotti Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:18 pm

My best remind of south Africa, is the world cup of 2010, the team of France was not very good and there is a big problem with players who wasn't agree with the coach.
There is a very good ambience in the country for this cup... The song of the world cup was incredible !
I have one motivation to go to south Africa, the girlfriend of Hugo Ventura AKA PORTAVENTURA, is actually in cap town for holidays with big monuments.

Sandro Appiotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Jakow Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:21 pm

I never went in Africa or South Africa but I hope one day I coulb go over there to see the beautiful savanna, a lot of free animals in their environment, the life on a different continent…
It's funny to speack about South Africa because they beat your shabby country… Even in rugby it's not coming home ! But it's also funny because the girlfriend of Hugo V. is in South Africa… Is she a faithful girlfriend ? Or she couldn't resist to the african charm ? Who can know ?

Nicolas Jakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Nicolas Jakow wrote:I never went in Africa or South Africa but I hope one day I coulb go over there to see the beautiful savanna, a lot of free animals in their environment, the life on a different continent…
It's funny to speack about South Africa because they beat your shabby country… Even in rugby it's not coming home ! But it's also funny because the girlfriend of Hugo V. is in South Africa… Is she a faithful girlfriend ? Or she couldn't resist to the african charm ? Who can know ?

Nico, At least my shabby country have won the World cup and at least Hugo has a girlfriend. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

week 7 subject - South Africa Empty

Post by Ribault Geoffrey Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:16 pm

I am going to speak about the fauna and the flora because it appears to be for me fascinating topics. Firstly, there are special animals that we are not used to see like lions, leopards, cheetahs, southern white rhinos... South Africa has also a wide diversity of fungi. In 2006, the number of fungi was estimated at about 200 000 species and some of the oldest fungi-like fossils have been discovered in this country. That would please to French or other mushroom pickers even though most of these fungi should be poisonous and not edible. Then, there are also verdant tropical forests that own different grasses, low shrubs, acacia trees and many more.

Ribault Geoffrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierrick Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:26 pm

I'm gone a talk about a special food in south africa the "Bobotie" this dish was born in the 17th century and is found in many African colonies. Minced meat in onions, curry, eggs, bread and milk. Once baked, it can be accompanied by fruit chutney.

Pierrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:50 pm

I am going to talk about a great man who participated in the development of South Africa. Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela was born in former Bantustan, South Africa. He obtained his law degree in 1942 at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg. When apartheid was "formalized" there were many arrests and trials, Nelson Mandela was sentenced in 1964 with seven of his companions to life imprisonment for sabotage, treason and conspiracy. During his whole captivity, he refused to be released against the public renunciation of the anti-apartheid struggle. Nelson Mandela was finally released on 11 February 1990 after spending 27 and a half years in prison. In 1993, with President De Klerk, he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. On 27 April 1994, he became President of his country only a few years after his release from prison. He became the first black president of South Africa.

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:43 pm

South Africa is a very beautiful country that is best known for its exceptional safaris. It is also the most developed country on the African continent.
Inland, Kruger National Park is home to big game and safaris. On the Western Cape, there are beaches, lush vineyards and rocky cliffs at the Cape of Good Hope.
I have never had the opportunity to visit this country but all its different landscapes attract me and gives me the desire to go there and discover it in depth.

LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitat Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:44 pm

i am going to talk about South Africa. It has three cities that serve as capitals: Pretoria , Cape Town , and Bloemfontein. The country possesses two small subantarctic islands, Prince Edward and Marion, situated in the Indian Ocean.I do not want to go in this country because i preferthe north country.

Pitat

Back to top Go down

Post by sriffa01 Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:47 pm

This years, South Africa is enter in my favorites countries. Why ? Because it is a beautifull country, his history is incredible for me but I was shoked by the apartheid what the country was victims.. It's a joke, I love this country because it won the Rugby World Cup 2019 against England !!

sriffa01

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin BACARIA Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:52 pm

There is some information about South Africa.
France always boasts of having the best wine. The country has the longest wine route in the world: 850 km of vineyards.
it's a multilingual cuntry with no less than 11 official languages: English, Afrikaans, IsiZulu, IsiXhosa, Sesotho, Setwsana, Sepedi, Xitsonga, SiSwati, IsiNdebele and Tshivenda. it's really difficult to understand.
South Africa has the cheapest electricity in the world
and bam EDF

Benjamin BACARIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Océane Martin Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:07 pm

I really would like to go to South Africa on day... when I will have money surely. I don't very know this country, I think it's a beautiful country, but I will not visit it first. I think one of the best thing to do there is a safari, with so much animals that we don't see in Europe. So, maybe an other destination on my travel list!

Océane Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fusiller Simon Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:37 pm

I will speak about the three capital of South Africa.
South Africa's three capital cities are strategically placed throughout the country, each hosting a separate segment of the nation's government. When asked about a single capital, most people would point to Pretoria.
Pretoria is the administrative capital. It is home to the executive branch of the South African government, including the President of the Cabinet. The city also hosts many departments of government and foreign embassies. Located in the province of Gauteng, Pretoria is in the northeast part of South Africa and near the city of Johannesburg.
Cape Town is the legislative capital. It is home to the country's legislative parliament, including the National Assembly and National Council of Provinces. Located in the southwest corner of South Africa in the province of Western Cape, Cape Town is the second largest city in population.
Bloemfontein is considered the judicial capital. It is home to the Supreme Court of Appeal, the second highest court in South Africa. The Constitutional Court (the highest court) is located in Johannesburg. Located in the province of Free State, Bloemfontein is in the center of South Africa.

Fusiller Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by grammont.theo Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Well of course when we talk about South Africa we have to talk about the rugby team.
It's a very big team that always makes good placement at the world championship for example
( Top 3, 1st ...). But when we talk about South Africa I do not want to talk about rugby but animals.
I love animals and my favorite animal lives in South Africa.
This is the cheetah, I do not know why but since I was very small it is this animal surely because it is the animal that runs the fastest on this planet. It's fucking awesome, its top speed is 100-120km / h on a small race ...

grammont.theo

Back to top Go down

Post by TIRET Cédric Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:30 pm

South Africa is the country of Nelson Mandela, the famous sport is rugby and they won the world cup 2019 against a good team of England Wink It's a very big countryand there is many type of animals.

TIRET Cédric

Back to top Go down

Post by djibril17 Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:17 pm

South Africa is an perfect destination for hollidays indeed there are a lot of things to do for instance Cap Town or the garden route. The landscapes are incredible , there are a lot of colors. When you are in South Africa it's an another world , there are everything. Also there are a lot of new animals like rhinoceros or lions...
South Africa is a place where you will discover a new culture and traditions.

djibril17

Back to top Go down

Post by TAMANG Andréas Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:58 pm

Beautiful country, beautiful rugby team of course, it's quite a good destination for everybody who would try an African destinatination. I was working withe a cooker who was from this country and he was incredible, funny.
we are also thinking of Nelson Mandela, inequality and discrimination. few years ago with the segregation, we were talking of problem of racism who is always, today, topical... the human doesn't want to see that we are all in the same boat...

TAMANG Andréas

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Bourgeaux Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:01 am

Today, I’m going to talk South Africa and give a strange anecdote on it. In fact, I learnt that South Africa has got different capital cities. The First one is The Cap and it’s the capital city for the legislation. She was founded in 1652 by dutch, and this city is call The Cap because the main colony at the 17th Century was called Cap Colony. The second capital is Pretoria for the administrative part, but she takes the role national capital city. The third one is Bloemfontein is the headquarters of the Supreme Court. Finally, the last one is the most important city in South Africa: Johannesbourg. Indeed, it’s the largest city and economic lung of South Africa.

Enzo Bourgeaux

Back to top Go down

week 7 subject - South Africa Empty President of South Africa

Post by Lemarquis Mathis Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 am

The Republic of South Africa was founded on 31 May 1961. It then succeeded the union of South Africa, a British dominion created on May 31, 1910 following the grouping of the colony of Cape and Natal (British colonies) with the colonies of Transvaal and the Orange River (former Boer republics), whose heads of state were British sovereigns.
When the Republic of South Africa was founded, the office of President of the State (State President) replaced that of Governor General and resumed the title used by the Head of State in the former South Republic-African of the Transvaal.
Cyril Ramaphosa is the current President of South Africa.

Lemarquis Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next