UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 - Music

+16
Lisa Garcia
Adrien Roucairol
carolinemaggi
earnau06
katia katy
RedaOumouloud
Kellia Cassagnau
AdélaïdeSagnes
Camille GENNESSON
Lauralee Spadat
Le Foll Camille
Célie Moutot
Laura Berthier
Emma Vancostenoble
Emeline Texier
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Week 5 - Music Empty Week 5 - Music

Post by Admin Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:59 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Music Empty Re: Week 5 - Music

Post by Emeline Texier Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Hello John!

I like this song and this rock band, it's a good choice!

Personally, I like rap music like Nekfeu, Lomepal, SchoolBoy Q, Drake, Oxmo Puccino... I'm going to stop there because the list is long.
Then, I likke artists who mix different types of music such as Jorja Smith, Left Boy, Rosalia, Bon entendeur...
I think that music has a real power to make me feel good or bad.
So, I can't spend a day without music because it help me to face my day.
Moreover, as many people do, I listen different musical styles like rap music, electro, house music, rock and pop music too.
But I dislike classical music because I think that I don't have the culture, the knowledge to understand this type of music.

Good bye ! See you on thursday ! Very Happy
Emeline Texier
Emeline Texier

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Vancostenoble Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:27 pm

I don't know why but it was obvious that your music tastes is good old british rock !

Thanks to my dad, who is an expert in music styles, my childhood has been lulled by good old vinyls "collector" of psyche rock, progressive rock, pop rock, classics of french variety, etc... like Morcheeba, The cranberries, U2, The Clash, and some much more.
As for everything in general I'm curious so I love to let Youtube put musics randomly and makes me discover some new songs, old or new.

I probably listen almost 2 or 3 hours of music per day, I guess. It's important for me because it influences my mood (can help it to be more happy or can makes me sad).

I will be completely alone on this point but my guilty pleasure is techno/house music. Yea, the kind of "boom boom" everybody hates. Because during parties, or dj live, you can feel the beat in your body, can forget everything about your problem and routine, and can dance as you want because there are no rules and no norms. So since 4 years now a part of my week-end are about techno/house events (Bordeaux, Paris, Poitiers...). My friends like it too and I met a lot of people in these parties.

But I'm also a sweet lamb who listen classical music sometimes, especially for studying because it's relaxing and it helps the brain to concentrate on your work.

If some of you are a little bit tired by the life, the CEPE, the weather... I suggest you the following song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RecY5iZn6B0 Cool it's really motivating every morning !

I hope y'all will share some musics you discovered recently or that you love.
Emma Vancostenoble
Emma Vancostenoble

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Berthier Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:42 pm

It's complicated to talk about this subject, we should listen rather than talk about it. Embarassed

Personally, my musical tastes are relatively, but I don't really like rap and the "boom boom" of Emma, each one of its tastes.
I mainly listen to commercial music (I know I am a victim...), classical music (yes I love piano song of Ghibli studios or video game music as final fantasy played by a large musical orchestra), I like metal (my boyfriend introduced me to this style of music a few years ago, like Metallica or system of down...).

A lot of people laugh at me (I don't aim at anyone, do I ????) because I listen to music from the 80s, 90s, and also 70s, but especially in the evening after having few drinks (of water of course). YES I LOVE CELINE DION, LA COMPAGNIE CREOLE, LES DEMONS DE MINUIT, FRANCIS CABREL , SO WHAT ? I am still a good person... Embarassed

And I love disney song, put disney music with a very loud volume in the car and sing ! Yeah it's my thing !

But my favorite band is still Imagine Dragons !!! I don't know why but I love their music ! I had the chance to see them twice in concert and it was grat ! Besides, I was very close to the stage, a dream I love you I love you
Laura Berthier
Laura Berthier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 am

Emma, it's not just British progressive rock I like. Probably my favourite group are the Flower kings

but maybe it's early Genesis:

my favourite concert

but I also like wonderful voices and great lyrics

Here's one for the depressives:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Célie Moutot Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Hello John !

Finally my favorite topic ! Very Happy
Il love music ! I love listen to music because in fortunately i don't play... guitar or drums would have interested me a lot. For me the best music is Rock, i like independent, punk rock but not really Metal rock or Hard rock... The music is my drug, i can't live without it.
My favorite rock bands are The Clash ("London calling" the best), Joy Division ("Love will tear us apart" is my favorite) they are old but i very like. I also love Depeche Mode, they are legends, for my it's one of the best band in the world and Dave Gahan is a real show man.
In a more current group i love The Strokes, The Babyshambles, Tame Impala (Psychedelic rock).
As a French musician i like Indochine, Serge Gainsbourg, Renaud. But i hate Claude François or Johnny Hallyday.... Rolling Eyes
Concerning " Another brick in the wall", i think it's a good music, i love the part where the gildren are singing. The video clip perfectly reflects the message of the song, it's still a little scary.

See you on Thursday Very Happy
Célie Moutot
Célie Moutot

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Célie Moutot wrote:Hello John !

Finally my favorite topic ! Very Happy
Il love music ! I love listen to music because in fortunately i don't play... guitar or drums would have interested me a lot.  For me the best music is Rock, i like independent, punk rock  but not really Metal rock or Hard rock... The music is my drug, i can't live without it.
My favorite rock bands are The Clash ("London calling" the best), Joy Division ("Love will tear us apart" is my favorite) they are old but i very like. I also love Depeche Mode, they are legends, for my it's one of the best band in the world and Dave Gahan is a real show man.
In a more current group i love The Strokes, The Babyshambles, Tame Impala (Psychedelic rock).  
As a French musician i like Indochine, Serge Gainsbourg, Renaud. But i hate Claude François or Johnny Hallyday.... Rolling Eyes
Concerning " Another brick in the wall", i think it's a good music, i love the part where the gildren are singing. The video clip perfectly reflects the message of the song, it's still a little scary.

See you on Thursday  Very Happy

I saw the Clash live in the early 80's - London calling is a great album and Depeche Mode when they released Speak and Spell. Joy Division was another of my favourite groups - very depresing at times.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Foll Camille Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi everyone,  Very Happy
I'm not going to make you a boring list of my favorite artists or songs.
I would rather say that I am open-minded about the various types of music, because each one expresses different emotions and feelings.
I love the softness and sensitivity that violins, flutes and harps transmit, as well as the energy and rhythm that guitar and drums transmit.
For me, you can also enjoy a song lying quietly on your sofa, on public transport or in concert with friends.
Music is the subject that connects us all because everyone likes to express their musical tastes.
A song brings back for me the memory of the moment when we first listened to it or the person who made us discover it.
I would say that the society in which we live influences our musical tastes according to the trends and popularity of artists.
I like to listen to the radio in the car but still prefer to listen to my playlists when I'm at home.
Le Foll Camille
Le Foll Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralee Spadat Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Music... Okay, let's do it.

So where to start..
I don't really want to tell you what I like and what I dislike as a style of music. In fact, I rather want to talk about what music brings me every day, but you will still know a little what I listen to, do not worry.Laughing

In fact, I practiced dance as a daily sport for more than 15 years, and all the teachers I had told us to have a dancer's ear when they made us listen to the different music we were going to have to dance on, rather than a basic musical ear.
The dancer's ear is to listen to the music, but to go beyond the sound itself, the lyrics, the melody. You actually have to focus on the tempo, and what you'd see yourself doing on it (in terms of choreography).
There are some musics that are not at all made for a dance choreography, but when you are a good dancer you dance on everything apparently. Something I never really understood, because I can't dance on rap for example (but I like listen to it). I may not be such a good dancer... mmh.

Now, move on what music brings me personally.
I listen to music several times during the day. To wake me up in the morning, to have a certain atmosphere when I take a shower, to walk in the street, when I am with friends as background noise, when I take the car, when I do sports to motivate myself ... and many other occasions.
In fact, the music supports me almost everywhere, but it's always a style adapted to the situation. To motivate me it's always music that moves and gives strength, when it's to fall asleep it's more text songs, or soft melodies. (Kina - Get you the moon)

I also listen to music very regularly, not because I like it, but because it reminds me a memory, a moment, a person. It puts me in a mood in fact, and also helps me a lot to overcome the different stages of life (good or bad).
I even think I listen to a lot of music at home when I'm alone to avoid thinking. I think a lot, especially lately, and I want more and more to leave my mind quiet and let myself be guided by music. It relaxes me for a few minutes Rolling Eyes

So I listen to pretty much every music style, but what I prefer above all are latin music, dancehall style, reggaeton (Paulo Londra, Ozuna, Maluma, Zazo)
Lauralee Spadat
Lauralee Spadat

Back to top Go down

Post by Camille GENNESSON Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi everyone !

First of all : Laura ! Who dared to make fun of you to listen to musics from the 80s ?? It's literally the best!

I have different moods when it comes to music ; either I listen over and over again the same music, or I don't listen to any of it until the end. And my tastes are also really eclectic. Indeed, in the morning, I wake up with a rap song, but in the shower, I listen to a pop playlist, then, in my car, I listen to different playlists as 2000s musics, and finally, i really like to listen to classic musics when I work.
Camille GENNESSON
Camille GENNESSON

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi!
It’s funny because I discovered the long version of “another bricks in the wall” just 3 weeks ago. I really love this first part of the song I didn’t know before. Such a shame because during my last year of high school I was in a choral where we sang only Pink Floyd songs! We made concert everywhere, in Aveyron, Belgium, and even in the Toulouse Zenith! Great memories!

I also appreciate different kind of music type, I think we can find masterpiece everywhere except in the Jazz!!! I love like Laura I love System of a down, I saw them in Nimes’ Arena.
I agree with Célie in the idea French variety can be great, especially Michel Berger and Balavoine in my view.
Like Emma told, the music influence a lot my mood, the trouble is when I’m sad I put very gloomy songs! A lot of songs remind me an event. I can easy remember when and where I listened a song. Moreover, I match a lot of song with people I know!
What I prefer, it’s listen music in my car!

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellia Cassagnau Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi John,

Music is so important for me !! I love you

Like Célie, I couldn't live without music. I don't pass a day without listen to it! I enjoy playing guitar and singing, this activity is one of my favorite hobbies, if I could do only this of my life, I would be so happy...But unfortunately, I'm not very talented (sorry mum and dad to break your ears for all past years) ! Embarassed

I listen to music as therapy, to change my mood, to motivate myself, to think of a person, to bring back some memories.

I am a big fan of musicals! Actually, I grew up with musicals ! Very Happy

Today, my favorite kind of music is indie pop rock music (the Kooks is one of my favorite band), but I listen to classical music to study, or electro when I am with friends. I dislike violent rap (called "trap")!! My boyfriend listens to it, so I make great effort to hear this kind of music. On the other hand, I love some rap like Nekfeu, Lomepal or my dear Eddy de Pretto.

See you!
Kellia Cassagnau
Kellia Cassagnau

Back to top Go down

Post by RedaOumouloud Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:31 pm

Hi !
Well I don't have a particular kind of music that I listen to every day . For me it depends on the mood and also the context , like if I am in the gym I wont listen to I don't know some relaxation music I would rather listen to more electronic music , rap .
But I listen and enjoy all kind of music : I can switch from Rap to Deep House to Relaxation music so I do not have a special kind of music that I would defend .
RedaOumouloud
RedaOumouloud

Back to top Go down

Post by katia katy Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:25 am

I'm not really open minded in music, I have a particular style "deep house" and "techno" it always been my favorite style of music. it excites me and makes me more energetic and gives me positive sensations ^^ my favorite singers are : Armin Van Buuren, Dj tiesto, Calvin Harris, Meduza, Alesso and avicii who passed away last year Sad Sad any way...
my boyfriend is a music lover, but i dont share at all the same style of music with him, i suffer when he puts his music when we take the car, it makes me crazy, or when he signs songs even if he has a very good voice and plays guitar very well but the type of music he plays make me insane -_-
Sometimes it happens to me to lisen to calm music, especially in the evenning after a long tiring day like some turkish music the instrumental of the songs is very nice
I listened your favorite group "flower king" and i waited 3minuts to hear the voice of the singer it was long Very Happy but amazing voice, Gloomy sunday was also nice Smile
See you
katia katy
katia katy

Back to top Go down

Post by earnau06 Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Hello everyone, hello John !

Personally I love all music except classical music, I don't find much interest, even to work. I’ve tried to work in music before, but it’s really distracting me more than anything else.

Otherwise I looove the music of the 80’s or 90’s but not the best known, rather the quieter ones with nice lyrics. For example the songs of Marc Lavoine, The Drums, Sting, Ace of Base, the beautiful love songs of Jean-Louis Aubert...

With my friends we adore the songs of the 2000s like the first songs of M.Pokora, Kat de Luna, Shy'm, Sheryfa Luna... We sing them to death and we know them by heart... nostalgia for our childhood songs ! Laughing

Bye John, see you Thursday !

earnau06

Birthday : 1999-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi!

As -almost- everyone, I like all kind of music. But I don't understand Emma why you think everyone hates techno and house music! It's wrong! I love it, as the minimal music... A friend of mine is a DJ and he made me discovered the minimal... j'adore!

Otherwise, I like discover new band or singer in festival. For instance when I went to Garorock I discovered The Blaze who became one of my favorite band. Or recently Killason at the Nef. I really like going to festivals or concerts because it's a different atmosphere, it's like... a moment out of time.
My friends are listening to various musics and thanks to them I listen to everything (even classical music!).

I put here some song if some of you wants to listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlQ_NlX4MFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5H0YOz9eWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSv04ylc6To
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlFs3OXR9mQ
and Paul Kalkbrenner
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Roucairol Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi,

I will not be very original but like every people here, the music is really important in my life.
When i'm happy, angry or sad, even when i work, i listen music. Concerning my style, i'm a big fan of Hip-Hop and French Rap, but i also like listening other kind of music. I'm very open-minded and it's the reason that you can find in my playlist a song of Eminem after a song of The Fray Laughing

Music it's a way to share different culture, different taste, and discover things about people who listen it. So, i hate people who says: "Oh what's this shit? Can you change ? Are you really listen this? " You can have a preference for a kind of music but i think it's important to respect the taste of everyone.

Good Week,
Adrien Roucairol
Adrien Roucairol

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Garcia Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:23 am

for my part, I especially like English music, I don’t really listen to French music, I suffered enough when my brother took me to Dijon when I was studying there. I had to listen to PNL for 2 hours and it made me deaf. Even more when he introduced my mother to French Rap and bought the Niska album.
I realized that I loved more female artists than male. The artists I love are Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj and Ed Sheeran. But right now I'm listening to a lot of Spanish and Portuguese music, with the artist Anitta. Otherwise I listen to music almost only when I'm in the car, when I have long journeys to get home, because it takes 4 hours or when I go to the Cepe.
Lisa Garcia
Lisa Garcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mauricio Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Personally, music has always been part of my daily life.
My tastes have envolved through the years.
In my early age, or should I say, in my teenage years, I listened a lot to pop-rock ( Green Day, Offsprings, Muse, Avril Lavigne ) but also to classic music (Mozart, Beethoven, Debussy...).

Now, I like singers who write their songs, who have a strong and defined voice and also who have something smart to say. I'm sensitive to lyrics and its meaning.

Ed sheeran, Sam Smith, Adele ...are my favourite artists these years. I don't know why but I mostly like british artists. Even if sometimes I cannot refuse to fancy a little bit of Ariana Grande or Selena Gomez (guilty me) !
Jessica Mauricio
Jessica Mauricio

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Fardeau Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:30 pm

Hello John,

I love listening to music. I listen many different types of music but especially French rap. I also love reggae and African-influenced music. My favorite singer is Kalash I don’t know if you know the famous song Mwaka Moon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnMFUsKm8w) but you should hear this !

I often do festivals related to these types of music. Every year I go to Belgium in the summer to make a huge rap festival. I’m lucky to have seen many artists in my life. Indeed, I’ve seen my favorite singer twice. I’ve also seen great artists well known all over the world as Black Eyed Peas, Wiz Khalifa, 69 (before he goes to jail lol), Migos, Lil Pump and many more.

I spend a lot on cultural outings, I go to festivals and also to concerts throughout the year. By the way, I went to the Ninho concert last Saturday while I’ve already seen him twice x). I am also very surprised to see that Angoulême is a very cultural city and offers well-known artists at the Nef so I’m going to see Josman in March with my Brother because he love this artist.

Really when I write all this I realize how important music is in my life Surprised
You’ll never guess who I’m meeting in June 2020 !!!!!!
My dream is finally coming true, I could cross this off my list of amazing things to do in my life. Have you guessed? I’m going to see Celine dion !!!!! I’m totally fan, I’m so excited to see her in real life. It will be incredible.

I think I haven’t forgotten anything. You can see how much I love this subject ahah !
Axelle Fardeau
Axelle Fardeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:41 pm

Celine Dion? affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaineb Hemandi Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:49 pm

Hello John,

Music is essential in my life and I have a vey special relationship with it since it had helped me to overcome a big problem in my life many years ago.
In fact, seven years ago, I have had a bad accident and I had to stay in bed for more than three months. I felt so bad at that time, but when listening to music, I could travel elsewhere. I discovered latin music and I became fond of it. I had the impression of being in a different universe where I could just dance and enjoy.
This gave me courage to get out of bed. It helped me to be patient and after three months, I was finally able to walk and I decided to strat taking latin dance courses. Now, I dance cubain salsa, portoricain salsa, bachata and some tango. Dance and music have just become a part of me. Very Happy

Zaineb Hemandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:16 pm

That's a wonderful story Zaineb.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradl Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 am

Hey John!
I think that everyone loves music! And those who doesn't are crazy!
I discovered metal music when i was 10 years old with my sister who is a fan of metallica until now actually! She saw them twice in a concert!! :'(
But iam growing and my tastes in music too! I don't say that i don't listen to metal anymore but you know you can't resist to commercial music (rubbish i mean).
Sometimes i do listen to electro too like recondite for example he's the best!

Saradl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down