UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final 2 sessions

4 posters

Go down

Final 2 sessions Empty Final 2 sessions

Post by Admin Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:36 pm

Last chance to tell me what you'd still like covered during the final 2 weeks. I'd have liked to replace the last session with a restaurant visit but the Indian restaurant I like hasn't a room big enough for us all so I guess we'll have to work instead. Perhaps a grammar test to finish of your university life clown
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Final 2 sessions Empty Re: Final 2 sessions

Post by Amelie Trarieux Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi John,
While I was in Business School we had an exercise I quite enjoyed. People might hate it but we had 3 randoms words given by our teacher and from those words we needed to come up with a story. It was good to work on our story-telling and reading skills (as we had to read it to the class afterward).

Otherwise, we can talk by small groups of 4-5 about different topics, groups by level maybe as it was what worked best.
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi John,

I agree with Amelie as always. I think talking about various topics in groups of 5 can be interesting.

Examples of topics:
- What would we like to work on in English? In addition to what we've already seen Smile
- Future projects, whether professional or personal
- Ecology/Environment

All topics can be covered as long as they are of interest to the different groups.

See you next Thursday, John.
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:00 pm

Next week stay in your 2 groups we'll have small group discussions (like the first few weeks). 3 discussion topics for 20 minutes each.

You need to think about the following subjects so that you can actively participate in the discussions:

The European Union: following the exit of Britain today what are your thoughts on the place of the European Union on the world stage. What does this entail for France and for you? How do you see the EU evolving in the future? What relationship changes do you think France and Britain will have? Are there advantages to not being in a large pact? Do you think that Spain will split into smaller parts? What is your view on other countries (Turkey for example) joining the EU? ETC...

Sex Education: Who? What ? When? Parents? Friends? School? Government? TV? Internet? etc....

Politics: Yes I know the word turns you off but it's important. How should politics change? How can we get the people interested in the organisation of their lives again? Can we get "positive" politics? What good are the demonstrations regularly seen in France? Communal/Collaborative politics? Small group influencers? Themed discussions or global ideas? Without personal investment in politics how are we going to save the planet? etc...

The big picture: Are we too concerned with our own personal circumstances that we ignore the bigger concerns? Should we be concerned about larger concerns or is it right to concentrate on ourselves and our loved ones? Are we just cattle, controlled by the few rich landowners? The big picture used to be our farms and livlihoods now it's global or even universal is it relevant? etc...

Yes that's 4 topics, think about them all then in your small groups you can discard the one that interests you least.

Don't leave it till Thursday morning. it's your last homework ever.........No

Last edited by Admin on Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SALMA FARES Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:17 pm

Hello Mister Teacher!

Can we play worewolf? pleaseeeeeee
SALMA FARES
SALMA FARES

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:19 pm

SALMA FARES wrote:Hello Mister Teacher!

Can we play worewolf? pleaseeeeeee

We can play games the final week - 8 days time Sad Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SALMA FARES Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:24 pm

yeeeeeee all right !!! Laughing
SALMA FARES
SALMA FARES

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:19 am

Hi John,
For the next and final session are we :
A) Together 3 hours
B) Together 1h30
C) By groups (and my group is first) (not writing that because it's MY group but because we were second the last session)

Thanks in advance!
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:23 am

C

too many for a whole group game session.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down