UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maturity in university

+26
lucile.baptiste
LixCorentin
Zachary Digeos
elodie vaz
Kévin Forestier
thomasperot
Corentin Cédat
Dousset Emmanuel
fbourdet
Jany Mainguet
Bonin Guillaume
BIRAGHI Ugo
Hugo Daunas
Tom Mainguenaud
EmmaGym
Thomasbellin
Yann BENOIST
barbotinpaul
ferchaud flavien
GUERILLOT Lucas
Kilian Le Mellay
HAQUET Virgile
Joris
angibaud arnaud
deniaud hugo
Pierre Ronzier
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Maturity in university Empty Maturity in university

Post by Pierre Ronzier Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:19 pm

I think today the subject is "maturity".
The maturity is the term the most use by girls to criticize boys, the classic phrase is " you guys are too immature". For me to tell a person whether they are mature or not is very subjective. I think, the event with the cofee last week isn't realy a mark of maturity but most a mark of inteligence. If we realise that and you can't clean your mistakes, you are dumb.
For me it's necesary to be like you want more or less mature.
Sorry for this small redaction but I don't like have an opinion about like the people have to be.

Pierre Ronzier

Back to top Go down

Maturity in university Empty Re: Maturity in university

Post by deniaud hugo Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Maturity is a thing who is very subjective for me, when a people does a thing who is a little crazy, directly he is immature, always girls say that's when a man or a girl does a thing who is for her immature, but this thing can be not immature for another people. It's a very hard judgement because if someone says that's directly, people who is judge like immature can be put out of a group just for that's.

deniaud hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by angibaud arnaud Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:52 pm

I think the topic of the week is maturity, and I think the reason we have this topic for this week is because someone has spilled their coffee in the computer room I think maturity is responsibility. When a person becomes mature then they become able to judge a situation correctly and act accordingly.Let’s take the example of the person who took a coffee in the computer room, so that person who felt that bringing a coffee back to a room with computers was not going to be a problem, or maybe the person thought that these qualities would allow him not to cause. the problem is that in this situation the person to misjudge the situation and therefore failed to act accordingly.

angibaud arnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Joris Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi everyone, today we have to talk about an unusual subject, "maturity" and more specifically at the University. A strange theme that doesn't inspire me much but, to begin with, I think I quite agree with Pierre. The coffee event does not refer to a lack of maturity but rather to a lack of reflection. We all think it's stupid, but apparently not the guy who did it. He didn't have the intelligence to fix his mistake or even apologize. Sometimes it's not even the intelligence but just the stupidity of people who do something to look like a "cool guy" in front of their dumb friends (believe me, this is very often the case).
Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, the term maturity is familiar to me for a reason, when I was younger I skipped a class and my parents were afraid that I wasn't mature enough to do it. I did it and still today I go to school with people who are, 1 or 2 years older than me, and even 8 years older the last year (hello "Tonton", Cédric Tiret). As a conclusion, I think that maturity doesn't mean much to me, it's just the intelligence to adapt you to the situation.

Joris

Back to top Go down

Post by HAQUET Virgile Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:41 pm

OK hi John!
I can see why this topic was chosen this week. Could it be because of the fat moron who threw his coffee on the wall of the dirty computer? Sorry for the vulgarity but I find this person really stupid and disrespectful in verse materials, the people taking care of the household of the fact that it is not taken the trouble to clean. But I also think that he was badly educated because a young well educated man would never have allowed himself to leave that. I find it unacceptable and shameful. I can tell you that if it was one of my guys from the army he would have had a really bad time because if he wants to play idiot, it is dead because I am very strong at this game and I love to run, to do push-ups go to cold rivers and dressed.
HAQUET Virgile
HAQUET Virgile

Birthday : 2000-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilian Le Mellay Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:27 pm

This week, the topic is "maturity in university". When you are in university, you have to be a mature student because you are not followed like in middle school or high school. You have to be able to work alone, be able to behave responsibly... We can say that spill his coffee in the computer room is not a mature act, especially if it's done voluntarily. I imagine it is the fault of this individual if I could not drink my coffee in class...

Kilian Le Mellay

Back to top Go down

Post by GUERILLOT Lucas Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:02 pm

Maturity is often associated with adulthood, at university we are considered adults however as soon as we have a problem we call our parents. Maturity comes with experience and we don't experience being mature all day long. Maturity is also associated with boredom so let's enjoy being immature for now. This last sentence is probably very immature.

GUERILLOT Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by ferchaud flavien Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:25 pm

The question of maturity brings together several aspects, which have been generalized in speaking, it is to describe if the person is apt not to be drawn stupid in the situation such and such. But a mature person does not necessarily want the front row person who does not speak and listen to everything that can be said to them. A mature person may have to make choices, good choices. Taking initiatives is why maturity brings together several aspects, as in sport. Because there is maturity at work, maturity in the game and many more. It comes first of all from an aspect of intelligence, of knowing how to manage it. But above all experiences from the past, which make us think and think differently or in more relevant ways.

ferchaud flavien

Back to top Go down

Post by barbotinpaul Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Ah maturity in university, at université you adult but many people are immatury and many in staps why because many people are a mentality of children and just want play, don't want work , dont like a teatcher. you cans ee this people in all university but this people in many time don't succes at university because just want fun anad no work.

barbotinpaul

Back to top Go down

Post by Yann BENOIST Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:26 pm

Maturity is a big word, and unfortunately it's want to say everything and nothing about a people. For something, the maturity is the intelligence, for other it's when a guy (or girl) can react about his action, he doesn't flee when he did a bad thing. Moreover, for more girls (and some guys), you are mature when you don't laugh about a bad joke (but for me it's not an evidence about a lack of maturity). Finally, for me the maturity about a person it's when this person can react about his act and when this person is very sad he continue to advance and he continu to front his problem and for me the perfect exemple about a lack of maturity is when a person want to kill him because he have more problems (life is so expansive and important to destroy it)

Yann BENOIST

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomasbellin Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi John, maturity is the consistency between who we are and what we claim to be. The most convincing proof of our maturity is our fidelity and responsibility in fulfilling our commitments and obligations.
Maturity is also significant of a person’s efforts on different topics such as honesty, how to manage one’s emotions, how to listen to others and not just think about oneself. Maturity stems from principles reflected in reasoned and intelligent choices. For me a college student is someone who is independent and needs to be mature.

Thomasbellin

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaGym Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Hello John,
Really good this subject!! But these mature and responsible people are really rare. It's really a shame to have to talk about this subject especially in L2.
Certainly we all have faults: being late, being angry, not doing homework, etc ... But respect is something that should be born. And apparently it doesn't have it in everyone. While most people are between 18 and 22 years old ... It's a shame.
That's all I have to say.
Thank's

EmmaGym

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Mainguenaud Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:48 pm

hi John, for me maturity is a big word. Indeed, I think everyone can be mature or immature. it all depends on what definition we base ourselves.
In university, most of the students are here because they want to learn, work and have a diploma. well they are very thoughtful and mostly mature

Tom Mainguenaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Daunas Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:22 pm

Maturity at university or even in general is quite difficult to discuss. First of all, there is the idea that age is not maturity, which I think is totally true. It's not a question of age, but of how we are, how we think and how we see things. In university there are obviously more mature young people than others, but this is not only reflected in behaviour. There is also the fact that university maturity is about being studious and involved in work rather than having your head in the air during classes. It is something difficult to explain but good everyone can make his own opinion on someone’s maturity.

Hugo Daunas

Back to top Go down

Post by BIRAGHI Ugo Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:40 pm

Today we’re going to talk about maturity. Maturity means development. Often, this term is used to define immature boys because we are often more “crazy” than girls. In my opinion, maturity occurs at the college because that’s where you start to be a responsible and independent minimum about the work and the behaviour to keep in school. Some people confuse the word serious with mature because a person can be mature and not take a lot of things seriously to laugh but at the time you need to be mature he knows to be.

BIRAGHI Ugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonin Guillaume Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:52 pm

This week the subject is "maturity". Is a big word which is not always used in the right way. This terme is associated with an adult person, but I'm not agree with that, some adults are not mature and on the contrary some childrens are mature. The maturity for me is to take a good choice in due course, know how to take charge, assume and take responsibility, ... It's very board, for me this term includes a lot of things, it defines a behavior and a way of being. I'm agree with Pierre, maturity is not just be over 35 years old and drink coffe.

Bonin Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Jany Mainguet Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:57 pm

Psychological maturity is a developmental process that leads to a state of reflection and fulfillment. At any age, it is possible to demonstrate maturity in one's behaviour, choices, thoughts or emotions. Very useful in daily life, being mature or "mature" allows you to lead your life with integrity and harmony.

Jany Mainguet

Back to top Go down

Post by fbourdet Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Hello there, today we are going to talk about maturity and more precisely at university.For me, I think maturity is something abstract.
If someone is said to be "mature", we can see that he has reached a level of fullness at its maximum, but we know that maturity is a period of life characterized by full physical, intellectual and emotional development.
So this person can affirm thanks to the other people around him that he is mature.
So if this person can affirm that he is mature thanks to the looks of others we can see that this one can not help wanting to please or we know that a person who wants to please others can do things totally crazy, see stupid. So through her rash actions to please others, she will find herself demonstrating immaturity.
Therefore, if someone tells us that we are mature we can believe it and act by having thoughtful acts is supposed to be or else while believing it to be doing immature and thoughtless things it all depends on who tells us.

fbourdet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dousset Emmanuel Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:14 am

What do we really know about the meaning of the word "maturity" ? Apparently it would be a synonym for adult and something that would come during adolescence. And who are we to say that someone is mature? Who are we to judge this. For me there are different degrees of maturity, that is to say that someone can be mature for in one area and not in another, for example someone rather mature with his friends and immature in love. And it is not because a joke often or likes to laugh that it is immature, one can laugh and be mature not to be confused.

Dousset Emmanuel

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Cédat Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:59 am

Maturity at university is a subject that all students ask themselves, am I mature enough to work independently far from home if I do not live in the city where I am studying? For me, maturity at university comes with the age of the person, his character, his vision of studies and with the experiences that he can have in life. I take my personal example, out of high school I was not someone mature but rather a childish student who rather thought of having fun and partying. My maturity is arrived at the end of my first year and the beginning of my second year because I have not had my university year. It was therefore the first time in my life that I repeated and I experienced this period as a failure. So I realized that the fun in the studies should not take precedence over my work that I had to provide to be able to pass in L2.

Corentin Cédat

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasperot Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:44 am

Maturity in university is not a subject made for me because I am a lazy. For example, I am writing my text for the forum this morning just before I start my day and just before the English class. But during the lessons I remain serious and silent so as not to disturb the course.

thomasperot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kévin Forestier Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:59 am

For me maturity is a question that should no longer be asked once you get to university. When we are at university, for most of us, we are adults, we are here to study, and therefore we are supposed to be responsible. But this is not the case for everyone because maturity is not only a question of age, but also of common sense of logic, which not everyone has ....

Kévin Forestier

Back to top Go down

Post by elodie vaz Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 am

Maturity is a word that can be used in many contexts. But you must know how to use the word and its meaning correctly.
Often it is used for people, these people are asked to be immature for several different subjects (friend, work, couple, school).
Maturity is most often used by adults on teenagers or young adults and often used to denounce the behavior of this.
Maturity is built according to one's past, experiences and experiences, so it is different for everyone and does not arrive at the same time for everyone unfortunately.
For me the coffee accidents are not due to maturity but to the disrespect of the person towards the people who clean the rooms but also to the fact that the person does not respect the work of the others.
This aspect of disrespect is part of the education and the intelligence of the person who at that time thought only of himself and not of the others or of the materials at his disposal.

elodie vaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Digeos Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:14 am

The maturity is very important in university because you need to be very responsable. Firstly because you are alone and it's new for a student. You must to do your own cook, you must not sleep late. This is the independant life, without your parents, only with your friends.
The maturity is also to be at the time and do your homework, Jonh can say i'm inmaturity because i have ever come in late and i have always forget the up english forum. But with the woman i'm a mature men.

Zachary Digeos

Back to top Go down

Post by LixCorentin Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:36 am

Hi John i'm late one more time. Maturity it's a really good subject. Every days we can improove our maturity and personally I am looking for the top. Like a lot of person i started from the scratch because my parents makes many things for me. Maturity and independence 2 big words to say the real work of students. We can talk about indepedence and maturity in all things we do each days, weeks or month. In university is about keep time to work to improve and learn in sports it can be more hearing our body when he's ready when he needs a break.

LixCorentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next