UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 W6 Random

+8
Adrien Roucairol
AdélaïdeSagnes
carolinemaggi
Emeline Texier
Lisa Garcia
Le Foll Camille
Emma Vancostenoble
Admin
12 posters

Go down

S2 W6 Random Empty S2 W6 Random

Post by Admin Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:37 pm

I'm a bit late putting this up so you can have a random choice topic this week. Write about whatever interests you and let's see if anyone replies. Keep your eyes open for a second topic too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

S2 W6 Random Empty Re: S2 W6 Random

Post by Emma Vancostenoble Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Are you already on vacation ? Laughing

This week, during our classes we had to discuss a text Mrs. De la Ville gave us to read, about the role and the good behavior we -as future marketers- should have, in a society that expects environnemental changes, etc.
Moreover, we had an excellent class about Asmodee games and the intervener Mr. Goncalves asked us all to find alternatives to overpacking, in order to reduce pollution and the use of useless materials on products. It was really interesting !

So. Do y'all think that a move to green marketing, more responsible, will be easy ? How do you see our future job in 10 years ? What problems will we have to deal with and settle ?
Emma Vancostenoble
Emma Vancostenoble

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Foll Camille Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:25 pm

Like Emma, I enjoyed reading about the moral high ground that marketers must have. A marketer is not just a salesman who wants to sell his product to naïve consumers at all costs, but on the contrary, a person who is aware of the needs of consumers and seeks through various means to meet them.
We hear a lot of criticism about marketers and their profession, but we forget that it is not an easy job, especially now with the many debates about changing the way products are packaged. There is a growing awareness in society and I think this is positive.

I believe in Green Marketing, but it will take time for all companies to get involved and not just to look good to their customers. It has to be a firm and solid commitment to protect our planet and its future.

How do I see the marketing profession in 10 years? I think that we are the generation that has to find solutions, new alternatives to plastic and overpackaging. I don't know how, but by putting the means and with conviction, I am convinced that we can do it.
Le Foll Camille
Le Foll Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Laughing

Not vacation, no.

I've been preparing exams for the STAPS and I like them to be original. Sumo, Kabbadi and Curling this semester.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Garcia Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:55 pm

I agree with Camille, it will take time for all companies to get involved to .... and not just to look good to their customers.

Like Mr.Goncalves told us during his intervention, we must not confuse eco-responsible and greenwashing because many companies invest a lot of money in advertising to communicate that they are eco-responsible when they are not doing real actions in favor of the environment and sustainable development. Some companies use ecology because it is "trendy" and "it sells".

But I think when it becomes more and more important, consumers will learn to discern an eco-responsible brand and a brand that is greenwashing so in the distant future I think there will be no choice to make green marketing
Lisa Garcia
Lisa Garcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Texier Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Hello everyone !

I'm sorry but i can't talk about this beautifull intervention on the last friday because I was not there!
Anyway, today we talk about our subjects for our "Master's thesis" and I realized that I'm not ready aha! I want to talk about how a company can do an ecological marketing or how it can integrate his ecological responsibility in his marketing. But, that revert to talk about the RSE, the CSR policy and this subject was already treated. So I'm lost but I'm sure that I can find an other perspective.

To reach that Camille says, I agree that our generation can change the marketing profession or can integrate the environnement to our future professional decisions!
We will build the future! Cool

Courage John for preparing the STAPS exam Very Happy

Emeline Texier
Emeline Texier

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Green marketing is an interesting and large topic. I always wanted to link ecology with my future job and now I'm willing to work in marketing field, it's becoming concrete. So in 10 years I see me as a CEO of a company which match my values, a firm which offers product or service in order to respect the planet (it starts by the process of production, including materials, the packaging, the use...) and humans. Smile

As the girls said, to have a change companies have to be involved but some of them doesn't want... so they just do the minimum obliged by the law, or they invest in green washing... However an alternative is possible. Companies can work in a responsible way that produce less negatives externalities. But you know... it implies invest and why we would change whereas it works until now ?

I think the first challenge for us will be to find a solution between consumers who want less packaging, who buy jumbled and the functionality of a packaging... let's be innovative ! Idea
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:05 am

Hello,

I think we're going to move towards green marketing because consumers are changing and becoming more aware of our impact on the planet.

Whether for good reasons or not, it's good that marketing is changing, becoming more ethical.

I find that things are changing and that our teachings at the CEPE open our eyes well to ecological issues and the effect of consumption.

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Roucairol Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:08 am

Good morning, everyone.

Green marketing can nowadays be seen as a way to attract customers and communicate in a positive way for a company.

The risk is that some companies claim to be "responsible" when they really are not. This is called greenwashing.

It is indeed a subject that is increasingly at the heart of current events.
The planet is going badly, everyone knows it and we have to act, which is why green marketing can be an effective way to combat it.

In addition to being useful and wanting to be green, it allows companies to strengthen their brand image.

That's why I think more and more brands are going to adopt this approach.

see you!

Adrien Roucairol
Adrien Roucairol

Back to top Go down

Post by katia katy Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Hello guys Smile

Green Marketing, is a current topic nowadays. I think all companies should be concerned with that and be more responsible to protect the environment. When a company is involved in green Marketing, it may build a very good image for the brand and consumers become more sensitive to this brand.

The most important thing is that the company doesn't use this just to sell the product and attract consumers otherwise it becomes greenwashing.

So, the company must be truly committed to protecting the environment and we must be careful about the company commitments, we have to choose a company with specific labels like AB or NF ENVIRONNEMENT, etc.

See you soon Very Happy
katia katy
katia katy

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Berthier Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi,

I find it funny the paradox between doing green marketing but continuing to produce and consume as usual.

If we really wanted to protect and take care of the planet, we would simply have to stop mass production and over-consumption and go back to much simpler things.
Green marketing is fake, either you do marketing or you don't.

Green marketing is greenwashing, you just have to assume that when you produce, when you sell something it's marketing and pollution.
Laura Berthier
Laura Berthier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Laura Berthier wrote:Hi,

I find it funny the paradox between doing green marketing but continuing to produce and consume as usual.

If we really wanted to protect and take care of the planet, we would simply have to stop mass production and over-consumption and go back to much simpler things.
Green marketing is fake, either you do marketing or you don't.

Green marketing is greenwashing, you just have to assume that when you produce, when you sell something it's marketing and pollution.

This makes a lot of sense to me.

It's like people who talk about being "green" and worrying about the environment but then say they want to travel all over the world.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camille GENNESSON Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi !

I also liked very much the intervention of Mr. Gonçalves. Indeed, ecodesign is more and more important. Marketers have to think about it and maybe our generation of marketers would have a better approach to this problem bc we're more implicated in ecology.

Unlike all of you, I'll never be a marketer. But as a teacher, I'll have an important role in educating children about ecology. It is important to me to make them aware of ecology as soon as possible.

See you !
Camille GENNESSON
Camille GENNESSON

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralee Spadat Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:41 pm

You have touched the most sensitive and complex point Laura! Is marketing greenwashing?

I agree with you to say that. In fact, greenwashing uses marketing to show off and be talked about. Thus, it becomes green marketing, a kind of art of illusion, of manipulation. ethics and professional conduct aren't just about ecological commitments.

The concept of sustainable development is built on three interdependent factors called the “3 P”: Planet People Profits. The mistake often made is to omit societal and economic characteristics, which are just as important as environmental issues.

S2 W6 Random Dvp10

So I think that the thinking of marketers must broaden, and take into account these concepts by analyzing them more closely and precisely.

But we are in it, so we might as well brainwash ourselves to finally find lasting solutions applicable to all types of businesses.
A sentence that I really like and that motivates me > "be the change you want to see in this world". To meditate. Smile
Lauralee Spadat
Lauralee Spadat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down