UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 W6 Covid-19

+23
julien blay
grammont.theo
margotgregoire
RDebarre
Vince Lepine
Hugo Seguin
Pierre Bonnefont
Marcuccini Luigi
Corentin FAITY
Nicolas Jakow
Lemarquis Mathis
Maria Caulot
Julien Causeur
Léo Meirinhos
PELLADEAUD Kilian
Charlotte Denis
Pierrick
thibault maret
Tom Régnier
Gaspard Pouzin
diogocalheirosantamarinha
djibril17
Admin
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

S2 W6 Covid-19 Empty S2 W6 Covid-19

Post by Admin Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 am

There is only one Subject on everyone's mind this week.

What do you think the implications of Covid-19 are for the future. How will things change in the near and farther future?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

S2 W6 Covid-19 Empty Re: S2 W6 Covid-19

Post by djibril17 Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:59 pm

I think Covid-19 is going to destroy some business like restaurants or night club, some people are going to put the key on door because they can't paid their employees. Moreover it's going to kill other people and other people are going to be infected. But the positive point is that we are confined so the planet can breath again for instance the water is clearer than ever.

djibril17

Back to top Go down

Post by diogocalheirosantamarinha Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:13 pm

I think the measures taken by the president are necessary and people must respect them. But it will destroy some small companies because if people they can’t get money and even if the state will provide them help, I think it will not be enough if the quarantine lasts for 2 months like in china. The thing is the most important right now is not the economy because if there is no people in the world we won’t need to work, so the priority must be killing the virus and stay home safe to help the hospitals. I hope in the future we will remember these weeks and see how united we wore to help the ones who need the most and the doctors, nurses, and others who are working directly with the virus. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe at home. I hope we will see everyone in the university soon and everyone will be safe and sound

diogocalheirosantamarinha

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Pouzin Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:48 pm

For me the measures taken much too late because now we are in quarantine for well over 2 weeks, because the numbers of deaths is only increasing and the virus continues to strengthen and mutate. Also in hospitals it's shit there is more room to treat everyone so the doctors will be forced to make choices and etc. But also many people take this virus lightly then which causes death so to save our loved ones stay at home.

Gaspard Pouzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Régnier Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:45 am

Hi John ! Let's speak about Covid-19, and the measures taken by the governement. Firstly, I think french people feel too much confident, so when we saw that China was ravage by this virus, we were thinking that China is 8 017 km far from France (on google) so we'll be safe. But with travellers and the globalisation, there are no borders between countries. 1 month later Italy was affected, and 2 weeks later we learn that there is no school for at least to weeks, and our parents learnt that there are in technical unemployment. So people (not my family and I) go outside to celebrate the holydays and the arrival of spring and gave to each others their virus. 2 days later, the governement declares a quarentine for at least two weeks but we'll know today for how many time are we confined. The measures were taken a bit too late but we did what we have to did, I hope everything is gonna be okay, and that we will not be in the same case as Italy. 80 years before people had to go to the war and they did it, now we just have to stay at home and some of us didn't do it... This is the cons, but the pros are that I was late on all my internship reports and homework so 4hours a day I do my homework haha. Good luck to you and your family for the quarentine. And maybe see you haha.
Tom Régnier
Tom Régnier

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault maret Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:34 am

Hello John,
For me, Covid-19, alias Sars Cov-2, will change our future. For sure, it will appear new sanitation measures to avoid a new type of coronavirus. More over, it show how our population are ridiculous and selfish. In china, or Korea, containment is very strict, and apply by all the population. In France, whe also have a confinment, too late for me, and a lot of people go outside, don't respect the security distances. It shows that French are ridiculous.
But, the english governement isn't far, because he decided to do nothing. Boris Johnson has decided that every one must have Covid-19, so it won't be a problem. I think it's the worst idea.
For me, it will teach us to inport less things and product more articles/pieces in France. For exemple, the surgicals masks.

thibault maret

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierrick Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:03 pm

I think this virus will have a strong impact on the economy, especially for small businesses. But we can see one good point the ecology we use "nothing" no car no train no plane all is in pause. Now we have to stay at home everybody have to play the game if we want save life and help the medical staff.

Pierrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Denis Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:10 pm

I think the government made the right decision to make people stay at home. Even if they made this decision a little late. The coronavirus should have been taken more seriously from the beginning. But what is done is done and we can't go back in the past. I think that the economic system will be impact and that some companies will be closed. Maybe some new health standards will emerge from this period. The positive thing about this quarantine is that the Earth can breath again. ( By the way if the government could set up things and deal with the problem of global warming as they do with the coronavirus..).
This situation makes us realize that things that we seem acquired to us, finally hold a thread. The freedom to move anywhere we want, when we want fo example without being forced to justify with a paper. ( In this case it is for our sake but maybe on day it will be for another context..)
And it reminds us that it is important not to push things back in the next day because we don't know what tomorrow is made of.

Charlotte Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by PELLADEAUD Kilian Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Hello John;
The covid-19 is disrupting our daily lives right now, we have to stay home in lockdown, it’s disrupting a lot of things like courtyards or we have a lot of uncertainty about how we’re going to be assessed, health compared to the fragile person in our family we worry. I think that this next day the spread of covid-19 will increase despite the measures taken by the state but in 1 or 2 months I think that everything will become normal again if everyone complies with the rules.

PELLADEAUD Kilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Léo Meirinhos Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Hello John, the Covid-19 is serious illness, it's why everyone has to stays in his home. I think it's a good things that we are confined because when we see Italia and China, we have to stop this illness before we get closer of them. I think the confinement has been decided a little bit to late because they are a lot of sick person, but Think the government has wait as long he can wait, for the economy because now bar, night club, restaurant everything is closed so the economy is bad. But I think when a lot of person die, the priority is to treat people, because the people are more important than the economy.

Léo Meirinhos

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Causeur Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi John,
I think that this virus, COVID-19, will first have a negative impact on global business, many companies, as small businesses will have trouble living during confinement.
I also think that this can serve as a lesson for the government so that in the future the government adapts better and takes better solutions.
The only positive point is the impact on ecology, this virus allows the planet to breathe. One could see images of water in Venice, which has become clearer, or the incredible decrease of pollution in China for example.

Julien Causeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Caulot Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:56 pm

This virus, unknown a few months ago, has already changed a lot. Today we are all confined to our home to try to make a barrier to the pendulum. The solution seems more or less applied and more or less effective. The results are long overdue. We live day by day. Actions are taken every day. And action will be taken in the future.

Maria Caulot

Back to top Go down

S2 W6 Covid-19 Empty Covid-19

Post by Lemarquis Mathis Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:16 pm

Alala, already had a week of confinement. It's long and yet time flies.
Since the arrival of this virus in our neighboring countries, the president of the republic forces people to stay at home. In fact, it is one of the only means of preventing the spread of the virus. 45 days? Stay at home for 45 days without seeing anyone? complicated to ask that in the land of freedom of expression. At first people found it hard to believe, they continued to go out, walk the dogs or even organize the family Sunday outing. Very quickly, the authorities began to distribute fines and even be repressive towards some young people through violence. After a while the populations finally understood that they should not go out.
It didn't take long to realize that this confinement allowed the planet to breathe new life.
why not continue like this?

Lemarquis Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Jakow Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:16 pm

For me, since begining, France is doing shit ! When you saw what is happenning in Italia just near of France, It's totaly crazy ! When you see the declaration of Anges Buzyn the ex-minister of health, the 20th january : " the chance of importation from Wuhan is almost non-existant. The chance of coronavirus propagation in the population is very poor !" The french government took the vrius not serisously… With this type of new evenement, we can see the human stupidity and the surconsommation in the supermarket… But thanks to the covid-19, the earth get her second Wind, pollution is on the decline… For me, when the virus arrived in China, they would have to block all their fronteir to avoid the propagation. In this way, nobody leave the country, and none other countries are infected.

Nicolas Jakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin FAITY Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:32 am

I think that after COVID-19, the whole world will change. to take an example in France, certainly the measures taken to contain the virus are justified, it is to slow down the spread of the virus, but for small businesses this is a real misfortune because if the president does nothing for them, many will put the key in the door, which would put the country’s economy in the worst possible position. also I think that once all this ends, the mentality of people will change. By that I mean that people will understand that we are "nothing" before nature and that life can be short. So we have to savor every moment because we don’t know what’s being done tomorrow. I also think it will serve as a lesson to us, that the next time a disaster happens, we will not take it lightly as we were able to do with this virus. a lot of people said "it’s just a little flu" or "for others but for me," which is a shame because now the virus is at home and hundreds of people are dying because of it

Corentin FAITY

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 pm

The Covid-19 causes more fear than it kills people, but it's still something to be wary of. A few hours ago, news appeared in the world that the Tokyo Olympics will be postponed from 2020 to 2022. I was delighted to see these games! For several weeks now, the leaders have been asking themselves whether or not to continue the games. Despite my great disappointment, it is true that leaving the games as they are with Covid-19 would not have been wise. This flu really comes at the worst time!

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Bonnefont Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:40 pm

I think that in the near future, between now and the summer holidays we will still be in containment.
Unfortunately, things are only getting worse in France and around the world.
At the time of I writing this message, more than 400,000 people have been affected by Covid-19 worldwide and more than 18,000 have died from it.
In France, the death toll is rising every day and has passed the 1,000 deaths.
By next autumn, if we succeed in eradicating this virus, I think it will help us to be better prepared for the next contamination and to make quicker and more efficient decisions in case of recurrence.

Pierre Bonnefont

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Seguin Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:38 pm

For me this disaster is a great lesson for everyone. Now we know more ourselves, and we know some things about our society. For example, we know that in case of epidemic, population would need more toilet paper lol. Seriusly, we will know that there are some stupid people who are unable to stay at home. Of course, it seems easy for a guy like me, not living in a great city, t say that. It is above all a great lesson for security and health dispositions and systems, and for the state organisation, whitch is managed by the president and his team. I think in case of epidemic for the future, many countries would be able to react better, and faster. The impacts would so be less bad.

Hugo Seguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Lepine Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:10 pm

Hello for me after this pandemic we will have a big economic crisis because the company lost a lot of money in this pandemic because they sell nothing and they lose a lot of money. The agriculture lose a lot of his vegetables and fruits they are losing all of the harvest for this season it's catastrophic for her. But the positve point is the new social link after the covid-19 i think the people will more enjoy the interaction with other, and people see that they can do a lot of things in thi periods like play musci or make new things.

Vince Lepine

Back to top Go down

Post by RDebarre Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:39 pm

Hii,
Do you want to talk about the corona virus? I don't know if it's a good idea because we talk about it a lot on TV right now. It is because of him that I am shut up at home. Well, you have to find positive points: I play sports every day at home and I stay at home so as not to catch the virus .. I could not explain better than what is happening on TV .. so Joh, turn on TV, and whatever the channel, you will come across information on COVID

RDebarre

Back to top Go down

Post by margotgregoire Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi John, it’s true that COVID 19 is the topic we talk about the most at the moment. That’s all you hear about social media nonsense and the news. On top of that, we’re confined sometimes alone, sometimes as a family, or whatever. I think this virus is going to cause an economic crisis, because all the restaurants, all the structures for culture like the cinema, museums or theaters, but also all the doctors like physiotherapists or osteopaths. Or the sellers are all closed! However, I think it will change a lot of things, already everyone takes the time to reconnect with their family or friends, or enjoy spending time with their children. But there will also be a change at the ecological level, thanks to the abolition of almost all transport

margotgregoire

Back to top Go down

Post by grammont.theo Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:02 pm

Everyone only talks about that on the news ... It's pretty strange .. It's a first in France, confinement, not seeing anyone anymore .. In truth, it doesn't seem more bizarre than that, but it's strange. Obviously for my part, I am in good health, no respiratory problems. I do not risk "not much" but it is more for my grandparents, my friends who have them problems. Be careful. This virus is serious, it destroys the economy, puts in great difficulties full of restaurant for example ect ... I just hope that they will release a vaccine as quickly as possible but it is not before 2 years at this it seems! For studies also it is painful it calls into question a lot of things how are we going to do? High school students how will they do to have their BACS? In the end, this virus puts shit on all areas. I can't wait for him to leave and we can go back to party or not ...

grammont.theo

Back to top Go down

Post by julien blay Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:15 pm

Hello John! Today we are in confinement because the coronavirus is very dangerous. He has caused many deaths in France. It is a situation never seen in the world and in France. People should go out as little as possible. Otherwise they can be contaminate or contaminate others. We must thank the nurses because they are on the front line facing the virus.

julien blay

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie vieira Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:55 pm

Coronavirus is a disease that comes from China. This disease infects many people who can cause death. Since its existence it has been the cause of many deaths. This is why in many countries they have set up confinement, in order to stay at home and avoid contaminating as few people as possible. So you have to be careful because it's a very dangerous disease. contacts should be avoided.

Charlie vieira

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo Zientek Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:27 pm

hi,
noawadays the coronavirus control our life. I hope it's will be better but for me the confinment is a good idea , maybe it will operate.
I have the chance to have leave angouleme and to live in the countryside. So i can easy go outside in my garden. But we have also a lot of work to do so i have no time to be bored.
See you, i hope everything is okay

Mateo Zientek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next