UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APP Thibault OLIVIER

2 posters

Go down

APP Thibault OLIVIER Empty APP Thibault OLIVIER

Post by thibault olivier Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm

WEEK 1 :
Today I would like to write about football discrimination.

Concerns about racism, xenophobia and far-right activities in and around football stadiums have come to a head. In 2007-2008, when the season started in Europe, we have already witnessed an increase in incidents.
In Italy, Lazio Rome fans mocked opposing players with racist chants at Dinamo Bucharest's reception. They also racially assaulted and attacked Senegalese Dame N'Doye during a friendly match with Panathinaikos. Newcastle United supporters led Islamophobic chants about the Middlesbrough striker and Egyptian superstar Mido, wrongly accused of being a terrorist and taunts like "Mido, he's got a bomb, you know". In Hungary, former national coach Kalman Meszoly made racist remarks on a television set. When Croatia played against Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatian supporters formed a human U symbol representing the fascist Ustase movement responsible for the massacres of Serbs, Jews and Roma during WWII in many countries.
It is questionable whether frequent reporting has increased due to a better understanding of the issue by the media, football supporters and governing bodies, or due to the growing wave of support for the far right. The alarmist remarks of mainstream politicians on immigration compound the problems. The fact is that over the past decade awareness of the problems associated with racism and the exclusion of ethnic minorities has grown considerably. Today, the idea of ​​campaigning against racism in football has taken root in many European countries. Such as the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA), have spoken out against racism and have taken firm disciplinary action against offenders.
Unfortunately, today the racism often persists and is not eradicate. Italy still a country were racism persists, black players are persecuted by monkey cries, reproduced by the public, recently Lukaku from Inter, or Matuidi from Juventus.
Sometimes players uses racism to justify a bad performance so it's not honest, just like Neymar last Sunday, it's my personal opinion maybe I'm wrong.

thibault olivier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

APP Thibault OLIVIER Empty Re: APP Thibault OLIVIER

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:57 am

Interesting piece Thibault,

I agree with what you've written but I sometimes wonder if the racism from the terraces in football is more a tribal thing than it is evil racism. I agree it's racism but is it used as a hatred of non-white people or more to show anti-allegiance to an opposition group. Most of the people who join in the racist chants also cheer the black players of their own teams and hold them as heroes. What do you think?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

thibault olivier likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault olivier Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:16 am

I think that racism has no place on a pitch and mostly in the stands.
Who cares if someone join a racist chant but cheers if a black player of his team scores.
It is contradictory and dishonest. It's called take advantage of the situation, these people are followers and are only there in good times.
A racist song doesn't have to be in football and in the society, especially when it is reproduced by a large group of people. This could destroy a person mentally. For exemple racism is banished at school.

thibault olivier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault olivier Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:20 am

WEEK 2 :
Good morning everybody, today I'm going to talk about cycling, especially about the "Tour de France" and French cyclists.
First of all I'm not a professional in cycling, juste like every kid I used to ride at bike to play with friends. ON top of that, me, I was the child who lived the furthest away from the park. At the end I have bigger calves than all of the other kids of my village. Just to say that, cycling is easily understandable, it's not so hard to understand the professional cycling. In my opinion the professional cycling and competitions like the tour de france, the vuelta, or other races very known, it is necessary to have a critical eye to be able to understand the competition. However, in my opinion this level of expertise is not very hard to achieve, because we all have a little practice in this sport.
In 2015 I followed the tour de France for the first entirely, at this time I understood how far I was to understand this sport. In fact I could have stay in ignorance if I had not someone with me to follow the tour. he was a pro and ride for the Youth French team a couple of years ago. This man educated me about cycling, and thanks to I can follow a Tour properly and understand everything.
French cyclist are good, but France is not a big team of cycling. However it's important to enhance the recent performance of Julian Alaphilippe how has been sacred World Champion last week-end.
In the tour de France this year, maybe because of the corona virus, the run was really strange. Before the tour regarding the massive team of Jumbo Visma, we were all agree to say to Roglic would be the final winner. But the amazing shape of Pogacar propelled him to the first place, and he won the coveted Yellow Jersey. He also won the White one and the Red Dot one.
The problem of French runner is that they don't have great partners, in fact they are not that bad but it's not the kind of team that will makes you win the tournament.
Cycling is a controversy sport, with a lot of dopage cases, for exemple Lance Armstrong, wich has been dismiss of its yellow jersey. But in my opinion 60 % of the cyclist are using illegal substances. Do you remember the time that the SKY's Team refuses to show his Bus to authorities, and a few days later they accept and as if by chance the bus have over clean. They wait some days to clean up all of their mess in my opinion.
The same year Chris Froome was accused of doping and he receive a glass of urine in the face.
I understand the hatred of some people but not to this point.
Cycling is a really interesting sport, before everything it's a managing sport. Attack at the right moment, being able to stay in wheels, push hard to picking up the escaped one.
I like this sport, it's too late for me to perform in the one, but cycling is nonetheless a sport that makes more than one dreaming. During a victory it brings incredible sensations, because it is a tough battle and we fight on the road, this sport is hard and long, also mentally and physically demanding.

thibault olivier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault olivier Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:48 pm

I would like to talk about road safety.

It is time to act.

By 2030, road accidents are expected to cause 2.4 million deaths per year, making them the fifth leading cause of death worldwide. Road accidents can be prevented. Several countries, mainly high-income countries, have succeeded in significantly reducing the number of road deaths in recent decades. But we can do better.
Pedestrians and two-wheelers are the main victims of accidents.
About 46% of people who die on roads around the world are pedestrians, cyclists and motorized drivers or two-wheeled passengers.
-To avoid accidents, particularly among pedestrians and two-wheelers, speed control is essential.
-Drinving drunk or under drugs increases the risk of an accident and the likelihood of death or serious trauma.
-In the event of an accident, wearing a good quality helmet can reduce the risk of death by almost 40% and the risk of serious trauma by more than 70%.
-Use of seat belts reduces the risk of death
-In the event of an accident, the use of safety devices (seats and booster seats) reduces the risk of death. The rigor is far too weak on this point actually.
-according to the weather the dangerously of accidents increase. When the road is wet the braking distance is increased.

The car is our tool of everyday, use it conscientiously, and always stay aware, you have a dangerous machine between your hands.

I don’t talk about sport this week. Because I think it’s necessary to prevent.

Dear Noah, rest in peace.

thibault olivier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:58 pm

What about young drivers?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault olivier Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:23 am

Young drivers represent 21% of deaths on the road.
Beyond all of the death on the road 59 % were between 18 & 24 yo. They have restrictions during 2 or 3 year, like speed limited to 80 when it’s 90, 100 when it’s 110. 110 when it’s 130.
The accepted level of alcohol is near to 0. No alcohol is accepted.
Finally, young drivers are more prone to driving under drugs.

thibault olivier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault olivier Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:52 pm

WEEK 4 :

What's up John ?
The subject that I want to talk about today is going to be ... The sports I practiced.
First of all it's important to say that I never reach a high level in any sport.

Young I tried as everybody soccer firstly. It was not a great idea, I was to agressive, and I did not enjoy this sport at this period. When you're young playing soccer in very young categories, it's like a big bunch of psychos running after a ball and doing everything they can to touch the convoyed ball.
So daddy, who was a great player in the past, took the decision to stop the disaster. great decision by the way..
After this not so enriching experience, I found the sport that make me feel good, Basket-Ball.
First it was better because we were less, and they were girls playing with us in young categories, ( I don't remember exactly but it was under 12yo categories.
I was one of the best in this category, but the level is really low a this age so it's not really significant. Today I'm not that good at Basket, I have a level "ok".
I stop basket ball because I was playing at UNSS at school, I tried every sports, from climbing to surf. UNSS gave me the opportunity to try a lot of sport, and I appreciate that. It was discovery so never at a really high level. Excepted in "Run & Bike" I've been RĂ©gional champion with my mate Nathan. We didn't go to the National competition because we were in the "Classe pleine Nature", an "elite" class of sportive student. We did a excursion to Pyrenees and Skiing. I almost forget to say that I use to skiing.
After a lot of great experiences in Handball in UNSS, I decide to take a licence in Handball a the age of 14yo. Today I'm still playing Handball, and I appreciate. I start to a departmental level, than I played in regional. I never played higher, I would appreciate to play higher but apparently I don't have the level.
In Staps I practiced many sports, never been really good, I succeed my year thanks to my marks in other lessons. I enjoyed judo, rugby, and running the 800meter I was not bad in those sports. I was great in "orientation race" - not sur about my traduction for this one - I made a better score than all the other of my class ( excepted one ) therefore I was walking because I was dispensing of running for an injury that I contract in gym.
To conclude I've never focused myself on sport, and for me sport it was more like having fun so I never been that serious in one sport. So I'm quite instructed on every sport theoretically, but I consider that I don't have an exceptional level in a sport. I need more time than another one to develop my level in each sport.
I retried to play soccer in my 19th year, directly to a regional level, technically I was limited because I can't dribbling like Ronaldo I never practice. But physically it was ok I ran more than all the other of the team, faster and longer, it permits me to not be ridiculous on the field and by the way helping the team. I stop soccer the next year because it was too tough with the Handball and the sport at the Fac.
This is the end of my speech of the week, next week I'll talk about anything else.

thibault olivier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:02 pm

I, too, played many sports. For me Sport is about enjoyment and cooperation rather than competition, to be the best you need dedication and a blindness to everything else which I really can't think is "healthy".
Admin
Admin
Admin

thibault olivier likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down