UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APP Pauline Lachevre

2 posters

Go down

APP Pauline Lachevre Empty APP Pauline Lachevre

Post by Pauline Lachevre Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:04 pm

Today I am going to talk to you about a subject that has made the news of several media in recent days: le Tour de France. A subject that many people around the world have been following since the end of August until Sunday, September 20, and that is still being talked about today, especially with the unexpected victory of the young Slovenian Tadej Pogacar. Elected winner of the Tour de France 2020 from his first participation, he was also elected the youngest winner of the Tour de France since 1904. In addition to winning the yellow jersey, he also finished the Tour de France with the white jersey (awarded to the best young rider under 26) as well as the polka dot jersey (awarded to the best climber in the mountains).
Pogacar, leader of the UAE Team Emirates team, has been the rock in the shoe of his elder Roglic since the start in Nice on 29 August. A hyperactive attacker, who has been beating precocity records since his professional debut in January 2019, the rider managed to escape the Dutch Jumbo-Visma team’s steamroller. In this duel between Slovenians in the time trial, the young Pogacar made an extraordinary climb in the Vosges to beat his illustrious compatriot who collapsed and finished 5th of the stage. Starting 57 seconds behind Roglic, Pogacar crushed the competition to win his 3rd stage on this edition and thus snatch the yellow jersey from his competitor the day before the last stage.But the unexpected victory of Pogacar on the Tour de France and, more generally, the high overall performances of the riders in this 2020 edition have sown doubt in some French minds who see the return of the spectrum of doping. According to some sources, «there’s something fishy» about the hallucinating performance. Questioned after his victory over the doubts surrounding his victory, T.Pogacar explains that for him doping goes against everything he believes in. For him, he knows that doping endangers the health of athletes and he has always been against it. He has nothing to hide and says that he is very sorry to know that people doubt his performance.
For the moment there is no evidence to confirm these doubts of doping, it remains to be seen with time. Finally, for my part, I think that the victory of this young Slovenian is deserved because he has enormous performances and that this victory is the reward for his hard work.

Pauline Lachevre

Back to top Go down

APP Pauline Lachevre Empty Re: APP Pauline Lachevre

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:39 am

Thanks Pauline, Do you really think he did all this without drugs?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:07 pm

I honestly don’t know, because it has achieved huge performances, especially at the end of the lap and this may seem suspicious. Then I told myself that nothing is impossible and that Pogacar drew from his last resources and gave everything he had to succeed in this feat.

Pauline Lachevre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:02 pm

Today, I would like to talk to you about a subject that is not sufficiently addressed to my liking, and I would like to talk to you about the lack of media coverage of certain sports, particularly basketball. Even if there has been an increase in recent years with the good performances of the French teams, these teams are still under-mediated especially when we compare with all the football matches mediated. The difference is enormous. For example, if you took a random person on the street and asked him to name two or three names of Jeep Elite players or even just ask who is leading the French championship, Apart from a fan, the majority of people interviewed would be unable to answer these questions though not very hard.
Unfortunately few people are interested in it or know a minimum because we find very little see almost never articles talking about this topic. If we take the newspaper Figaro, the most sold newspaper in France, having a page dedicated to sports on each edition, in 7 months, basketball was entitled to only 3 articles.. Even if the French championship is followed in the cities «basketball» (having a team in the championship), it struggles to show itself on the national scale. The regional press remains in the region concerned.. Moreover, in most media, there are more articles about the NBA rather than the French championship. The media would do better to broadcast the French championships rather than foreign championships.
It’s just illogical, let’s look at our own country before we go elsewhere. We can’t go on like this, we have to fix it.

Pauline Lachevre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:06 am

True but Basketball especially the NBA has a lot more coverage than lots of other sports.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pauline Lachevre likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 pm

indeed it is not false

Pauline Lachevre

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Today was the 2020 Roland Garros Man’s Final, which pitted Rafael Nadal against Novak Djokovic. This match pitted two major professional rivals who have been competing since 2008 and thus announced a great match for this final. To the great surprise of the fans, Nadal ended up winning the match with flying colours by winning 3 sets at 0 and notably a 6-0 for the first set. The fear for Nadal was that he would play short trip and that Djokovic could strike at the top of the rebound with enough ease to quickly take the direction of the exchange. A fear quickly spread so his bullet length was exemplary. Djokovic was forced to retreat, pushed away from his line he had very few opportunities to hurt from the bottom
Apart from that, Nadal now has 20 Grand Slam titles on his list and joins Rogers Federer at the top of the rankings.Djokovic stays at 17. The Spaniard Nadal no longer writes the history of the tournament but has definitely become an integral part of it, has registered his name on the Grand Slam on clay for the thirteenth time. A feat that perhaps no one will be able to match. This 100th victory in Auteuil’s gate is one of the biggest.

Pauline Lachevre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi sir, for this APP I would like to tell you about a job that attracts me a lot and that I would turn to if I missed my studies in the field of sport. Of course, I’m willing to talk to you about the restaurant business, especially being a waitress and even more of a barwoman. I’ve been doing a summer job in this field for 2 seasons now. The first season I only served and this year I was more often at the bar to prepare all the drinks. I loved it a lot, I even continue to make extras all the weekends since the start of school. It is a trade that is far from easy as some people may think, the schedules are not always easy especially in the high season (finish late at night and work all day) and you have to be ready for anything to satisfy each client as well as to make sacrifices with his loved ones (very tiring, few days of rest and so you can not enjoy your family too much or go out).Moreover, having a very good relationship with my colleagues motivates and makes you want to go to work. The waiters as well as the cooks are very nice and everyone gets along well with everyone.
I’d like to share part of my season with you. First of all in the morning I came around 11am/11.30am to eat a little before the service (when we had time), the first service starts at 12pm and the second one at 13h30. Plus, the restaurant I was at is one of the only ones serving salty food all day.. So some days there were people coming to eat at 4pm.. 5pm.. at any time (very boring, it’s not an hour to eat!!). Apart from that, in the afternoon drinks, pancakes, waffles and even ice creams (very refreshing in high aha heat) were served. Then around 6pm/6.30pm we started to straighten the terrace (setting the cutlery) and we ate before the beginning of the service when we had time. The first evening service started at 7pm and the second was around 9pm/9.30pm. There were always people, whether it was nice, selling, or raining. People reserve tables for us every day. Some tourists even came to eat several times during their holiday week because he loves this restaurant. 
I’ll stop there, but to summarize I spent one of my best summers with a crazy team! Especially being at the bar and learning how to make some drinks was the best.

PS: Moreover, if you ever want to come and eat there one day or have a drink one of these four, the restaurant is called «La fleur de sel» in Châtelaillon-plage, it is a creperie by the sea (everything is homemade). I’d be happy to make you a little cocktail!

Pauline Lachevre

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:36 am

It's not an easy job and it's not well paid.

If I'm ever passing Chatelaillon plage I'll call in and try your cocktail.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pauline Lachevre likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:44 am

Great ! You will not be disappointed

Pauline Lachevre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:56 am

Today I would like to talk to you about a rugby player that I admire very much, it is Vincent RATTEZ, a rugbyman currently playing in Montpellier since the beginning of the 2020-2021 season. Having started his junior career in Paris UC between 2007 and 2009, then passing through Racing 92 between 2009 and 2011, Vincent was then trained as a senior at the club FC Narbonne where he enters the professional team playing in the Pro D2 category. As the seasons progressed, Vincent asserted himself by scoring a good number of tries and by being one of the most technically talented players. He will remain in this club until 2016 where he will then sign at the Stade Rochelais (a very nice club Very Happy ).
He is a versatile player who can occupy all positions on the ¾ line (winger, center and half opening). Starting the Rochelaise attack wing, he is one of the most used players during the 2016-2017 season. In February 2017, he signed an extension of contract until 2020. During his career at the SR, he played 96 matches, with 87 start and 130 points, not to mention 6 national selection with the French team which started in 2017 when he was called during the summer tour in South Africa.
In addition, he is the third most used player of the 2017-2018 season and becomes the best scorer of the 2018-2019 season, where he will then be called as a reservist by the coach of the French team Jacques BRUNEL to prepare the world cup. He will eventually be removed from the final list but will then be recalled in October 2019 to join the group in Japan after a player’s forfeit.
Since the chaotic end of the year with the covid of the 2019-2020 season, Vincent RATTEZ has signed with the club of Montpellier for 3 seasons where he will join his former «coach» Xavier GARBAJOSA. Since the beginning of the season, He is currently starting in his new club during all the TOP 14 matches. Not to mention his start as a French team since the start of the 2020-2021 season.

Pauline Lachevre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down