UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APP WORK- Mathis Petit (Great moments in sport)

2 posters

Go down

APP WORK- Mathis Petit (Great moments in sport) Empty APP WORK- Mathis Petit (Great moments in sport)

Post by Mathis Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Hello John, Today, I'm gonna talk about a important moment in french sport and more precisely in Formula 1.
There are now two and a half weeks, something incredible has happened! In fact, Pierre Gasly, a french Formula 1 driver, has win the Italy GP king . It had been since 1996 that France had not won a GP, since the victory of the French Olivier Panis! It is the biggest victory of his career and it announces a good career in view of his age (23 years old). Said like that, the performance does not seem incredible. However, I will explain why it is.

He won the Italian Grand Prix. After the years 2000-2010 marked by the absence of a French driver, and even of a French Grand Prix, French drivers are roaring again on the F1 circuits. Indeed, it is thanks to Romain Grosjean that we find hope of a victory in a GP. However, the French have always been behind the wheel of a less efficient car than the others. Because, yes, in Formula 1, the team in which we are in, plays a lot on our chances of victory. Despite his 10 podiums between 2012 and 2015 Grosjean will never manage to climb to the top of the podium. However, since around 2018 a glimmer of hope has appeared for France. Indeed, we now have 3 French riders in Formula 1 (Gasly, Grosjen, Ocon). In addition, the feat is all the more incredible because it attacks the big names in F1: Hamilton, Bottas, Vettel, Verstappen .. And if this is not yet enough to meet the feat, it You should know that Mercedes cars (Hamilton, Bottas) are much more powerful and efficient than cars from other teams.

As you can imagine, it took a lot of luck for Gasly to win and of course such perfect driving. Fortunately, Gasly is very good at driving and it promises a lot for the rest of his career. To the point of dethroning Hamilton ?? The rest will tell ... Very Happy

Mathis

Back to top Go down

APP WORK- Mathis Petit (Great moments in sport) Empty Re: APP WORK- Mathis Petit (Great moments in sport)

Post by Mathis Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:14 pm

Hello, John, today I'm going to talk about a defining moment in the history of basketball: The dream Team of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics.Basketball During the 1992 Olympic Games, for the first time in basketball history, professional players will be allowed to participate. Indeed, before this edition, it was university players who participated in the Olympics. The United States, considered as the "mecca" of basketball thanks to the NBA, participated in the last edition of the Olympics in Seoul but obtained a disappointing 3rd place. The goal was therefore for them to make up for this failure to show their domination. And how !!!
Indeed, Team USA, will therefore bring together the best players from NB, and therefore, almost, the world, together, to achieve its goal. This team will be called the "Dream TEAM" !!.
Here is the composition of the team that hurts the eyes:
- 4: Christian Laettner (Duke University, only varsity player on the team)
- 5: David Robinson (San Antonio Spurs)
- 6: Patrick Ewing (New York Knicks)
- 7: Larry Bird (Boston Celtics)
- 8: Scottie Pippen (Chicago Bulls)
- 9: Michael Jordan (Chicago Bulls)
- 10: Clyde Drexler (Portland Trail Blazers)
- 11: Karl Malone (Utah Jazz)
- 12: John Stockton (Utah Jazz)
- 13: Chris Mullin (Golden State Warriors)
- 14: Charles Barkley (Phoenix Suns)
- 15: Magic Johnson (Los Angeles Lakers)
Here we had the best basketball team ever. You have to realize that it's like bringing together all the best football players in the world !!!Shocked It will be amazing! Without any doubts, TEAM USA crushed everything in its path and won the Olympics. During the Olympics, the opponents will eat 43.8 points on average and the USA will score 117.3 points per game on average too. This wonderful team will even be crowned with the FIBA ​​Hall Of Fame trophy in August 2017, a hall of fame created by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) to honor the biggest stars of international basketball.
As of today, no team has yet managed to reach such an important level despite the presence of great players every year on the side of Team USA. This year of the 2020 Olympics could have been a serious rival to this famous team but unfortunately, we will only know that in 2021! Wink

Mathis

Back to top Go down

APP WORK- Mathis Petit (Great moments in sport) Empty Re: APP WORK- Mathis Petit (Great moments in sport)

Post by Admin Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:26 am

I really don't like F1. And the dream team were great but I feel that the olympics should only be for amateur athletes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Mathis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Today, I'm gonna talk about one of the most famous french sportsmen: Kevin Mayer. Kevin Mayer is a decathlete of 27 years old. He has a world record breaker of decathlon with 9,126 points and also a European record breaker. The performance he achieved and something incredible because it is the first time that an athlete has reached the bar of 9100 points. By realizing this, he first beats his personal best in the 100m and then in the long jump. After that, he achieved 3 very good performances in shot put, high jump and 400m. He will subsequently beat his record in the pole vault and will perform very well in all the other disciplines to succeed in breaking the world record of more than 75 points. Decathlon is a very hard sport physically and mentally because athletes must have an almost professional level in each discipline and must train every day. He is indoor and outdoor World Champion, indoor European Champion, and have a silver medal in JO 2016 in Rio.
Personnaly, I think you have to be crazy to do this sport because the decathlon is one of the hardest sport in the world. Indeed, this discipline is composed of 10 different events and requires enormous professionalism. So, I think he is a real superhuman.

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:37 am

Decathletes are real athletes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mathis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi john, today, i'm gonna talk about the FIFA world cup 2018 and more precisely about the course of french team
First of all, before this event, the list of 23 players made by Didier Deschamps was much criticized because there were not some players who deserved like Martial or Lacazette.
For the first match, we won the first match against Australia 2-1 with a penalty of Griezmann. Then, we have acheived a won against Peru (1-0) and a a draw against Denmark (0-0) to succeed to arrive first of the group. Then, we fall against a very good team of Argentina in 8th finals and we succeed to won 4-3 with notably the most beautiful goal of the competition sign by Benjamin Pavard. Indeed, we arrive in the quarterfinals against Uruguay. After a mastered game, we won also 2-0 with a goal of Varane and a goal of Griezmann which was flamboyant during this meeting.
We were then in semi-finals against Belgium and the dream of winnig the World Cup starting to grow up. But, in front of us, we had (for me) the best team (with France) of the competition. Despite a Hazard in fire, we manage to score a nice goal from Umtiti with a
head and this goal brings us in the final, the final of the World Cup !!
Finally, we were in the final against Croatia who have managed to eliminate the English team Laughing ! The French team starts good with a goal in the 38th for Griezmann who deliver the French people with a penalty ! Then France control globally the match and Pogba and Mbappé increase the score with 2 goals and that's it ! Finally, France is world champion with a score of 4-2 ! At the time, I was the happiest man in the world and I had lot of chills !! king

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:40 am

Boring. Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi John, today I'm going to talk about Ellen McArthur and Vendée Globe. Ellen McArthur is a British sailor best known for having finished 2nd in the Vendée Globe in 2000-2001 and for having achieved the world record in solo sailing in 2005.
In addition, she created the Ellen McArthur Foundation encouraging companies to build a sustainable future based on the concept of circular economy.
"La petite Anglaise" also activates through charities for children with cancer.
This record is now held by Francois Gabard, a French navigator, who sailed this round the world trip in approximately 42 days and 16 hours, against 71 days and 14 hours for Ellen MacArthur. She also managed to finish 2nd in the Vendée Globe, making her the best ranked woman since the creation of this competition. This competition takes place every 4 years and brings together sailors from all over the world (mostly French) to sail around the world, solo and non-stop on monohull sailboats.
It is this year that the Vendée Globe takes place with a start (as usual) in Les Sables d'Olonnes. Unfortunately, the current situation due to the coronavirus, prevents the presence of spectators. I find this event very stressful because the sailors leave for more than 1 month and risk their lives doing this. However, I like to watch the course of the race and watch the videos of the sailors explaining how their journey goes and how they organize themselves in such a small boat for over 1 month.

Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:01 pm

I remember it well
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mathis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:46 pm

Hello John, today I am going to talk about one of the best French cyclists, Julian Alaphilippe also called "Alaf". Julian Alaphilippe is a former ed cylco-cross rider, who converted to road cycling in 2013. The French public and the cycling world in general, discover him mainly in 2015 when he successively arrives 2nd on "La Flèche Walonne "and" Liège-Bastonne-Liège ", two legendary races, behind the legend of the" classics ", Alejandro Valverde. After years of very good performances but without any reward at the end, he finally won his first "classic", La Flèche Walonne in 2018. Afterwards, he won 2 stages of the Tour de France, the "Classique de Saint-Sébastian" , The Tour of Great Britain and the Tour of Slovakia. He will unfortunately fail to try to win the world championships in 2018, one of his greatest wishes. 2019 will then be the year of the consecration where he will succeed in winning a lot of races but especially in wearing the yellow jersey of the Tour de France for 14 days and winning 2 stages. He then becomes the "darling" of the French thanks to the fighting spirit he will have during this round. He was then elected "Golden Bike" this year. This year, despite the situation due to the Covid, he managed to win 1 stage in the Tour de France but above all succeeded in winning the world championships, his main objective of the season! Alaphilippe is considered today as one of the best cyclists in the world and still proves it. He is so strong that he had warned that he was going to attack in the last hill of the world championships and then leave alone for 12km and ... that's what he did !! Shocked
In short, Julian Alaphilippe is a phenomenon, a bicycle acrobat, but also a fighter, but let's not forget that all this is only the beginning because he is only 28 years old !! cheers

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:05 am

Hi John, today I am going to talk about a French football player with an atypical career: N'golo Kanté.
N'golo Kanté is a professional player who plays at the Chelsea club, in the English first division, as a midfielder. Today, he is one of the best players in the world at his post. But that was not always the case, so I will tell you his story. N'golo Kanté indeed has an atypical career because he arrived very late in the professional world. Indeed, when he is 21 years old, which is quite late, he signs a first amateur contract with the club of US Boulogne and will play in CFA 2, with team 2 (5th division) until 2012 At the same time as that, he was working in construction sites to earn a better living.
In 2012, after the first team went down to National (3rd division), and several players left, he managed to win in this team to finally become indisputable holder. After that, everything will go very quickly. Indeed, in 2013, he was recruited by Caen, who was playing in Ligue 2. These very good performances will then allow him to join a more prestigious club, Leicester, which had just moved to the English Premier League in 2014. It is in this club that N'golo Kanté will reveal himself to the general public.
Indeed, thanks to Leicester's formidable season and their incredible squad, Kanté will win his first Premier League champion trophy, a real achievement on the part of the club. Since this title, Kanté is considered one of the best midfielder in the world and accumulates individual and collective trophies such as the Europa League with Chelsea or the World Cup in 2018 with the France team. To realize this, he went from French Division 5 player to Premier League champion in just 4 years !! king
For me, Kanté is an example of playing because he remains, despite everything that happens to him, someone who is always very humble and smiling and he is also an example of combativeness in the field.

Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down