UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 session 5

+16
Pierre-Louis
Tifenn G.
lguilb04
maeva bigeau
logan
Jordan Rak
Aurélie
Laura
octave blosse
dmarti
Melvin Fleuret
Brémand Xavier
Julie TORRIANI
JulesV3
Ugo B
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Semester 2 session 5 Empty Semester 2 session 5

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:10 am

You've got three possibilities this week: "The Abyss" , "My winter holiday", "My dream trip" .... How many will go with Tifenn's idea?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 session 5 Empty Re: Semester 2 session 5

Post by Ugo B Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:29 am

I'll talk about the abyss. This is something that always scared me. I mean, we don't know what there are below, so I always imagined there are bigs "monsters" such like megalodon still living there or things like that. Have you ever imagined, you alone in the sea, with no boats or anything else, just swimming, with something very very big coming from the depths to swallow you ? I do, sometimes, when I'm talking about the abyss with my friends and it won't help to go there one day if someone proposes me. But, considering that I stay on the ground, it fascinate me to imagine what we can found in the abyss, and I hope there are big things.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV3 Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:36 am

So for this week we have three possibilitys, the abyss (Tiphaines's topic I guess ?) Where I personally don't know what to say (that will be different from the other answers), then "my winter holiday" but we already spoke about several times this semester, and finally "my dream trip" a topic that we might speak about like easily ont time per year..
I'll take the last one because that the easier to speak about fastly.
So for the dream trip (and maybe even go for living on the Norway west coast??) I'll 100% choose Scandinavian countries like Sweden/Norway/Finland or Danemark because I think these countries are to my eyes perfect ! I mean lifestyle, rules and law, ecology, kindness of the population, living environment, view and panorama what else can we dream about ? Except these, Egypt, Australia and way more country should be interesting to travel to !

JulesV3

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 pm

Hello ! Today I chose the subject "My winter hollidays".
This year, I will not go skiing and I think that not many people will go skiing since the ski lifts are closed because of this Covid… Moreover after the winter hollidays there are the exams and also the wonderful presentation oral that we gave John Cox ! So I will spend my Hollidays studying, preparing for English oral, but also doing sports.

Happy Holidays to every ones !

Julie TORRIANI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brémand Xavier Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:36 pm

My dream trip would be with my friends around the world. We would go to different country, discover every cultures, drink and eat a lot. We would have a lot of fun, discovers a lot of people aswell. The trip will last for months or maybe years. I hope we will be able to do that soon enough.

Brémand Xavier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Fleuret Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi!
For once that's no ta subject from me! I'll choose Loreena's subject because she is on my group and my talking partner at English sessions.

There are some countries I want to travel so many trips I want to do; Greece, Italia, USA..
But the one really want go to is Japan. However I can't choose a particular destination in this country, because I love every inches of. Osaka for attraction park, Tokyo for the ambiance of urbanization ( mangas' stores, food, lights.. ) with the Japanese's touch, or the campaign for all of the monuments, landscapes and cherry's flowers.. Once in my life, I want go to Japan at spring to see this. So I think that's my dream travel, Japan at spring while listening some Piano.

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Admin and loreena martin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:50 pm

I don’t really have any dream trip but rather a multitude of trip that I would like to do well. At the moment, I especially want to go back to Portugal with my family because I couldn’t go last summer. Besides, I would like to make a trip to portugal with my best friends.
Then there are a lot of cities, countries that I would love to visit: Brazil, Los Angeles. I think that later, when I will be stable, I will try to make a trip at least every 4 years.

dmarti

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by octave blosse Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:13 am

My dream trip is for me Australia, it is a country that I love very much for having traveled a lot with my parents Australia is a destination that I would love to do with my family because the atmosphere is calm the landscapes are sumptuous and the beaches make you want. The weather is good and

octave blosse

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:53 am

My dream trip was to Martinique. I left for two weeks in 2016. It was a very nice trip with wonderful weather. The rains there only last a very short time. Despite the fact that I sprained myself...
The seabed is exceptionally beautiful. I was able to do my first dive.
The beaches are indescribably beautiful. My days were punctuated between beach, stroll, discovery of the island. One thing that struck me on this trip, the fact that the fish and ice cream vendors sell on the side of the road. We had bought some tuna.
The diversity of fruits is exceptional and allows you to taste new things.
This is a trip that I recommend and would like to start again. But I have lots of other travel plans with lots of countries, places and even monuments to discover.

Laura

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:35 pm

My dream trip would be to do lots of countries, of course. I had the chance to go 2 times to London with my grandmother, and I hope to go back. I always wanted to go in Italy to see the country of my origins, met my family that I have never see. Since last year, I had to go to Bali with my grandmother, but unfortunately with the Covid we could not go. So, we decided to go there this year, but we will not go yet for the same reasons… And I would also like to g to Japan because I find that it is the country where to go, to discover their culture, for manga, landscapes, food, … There are many countries where I would like to go, but these are my priority. All this accompanied of my grandmother, because traveling with her is formidable, and it is wonderful memories that I share with her.

Aurélie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:45 pm

This week I chose to talk about "my dream trip".
This dream trip is quite special because it would not be an ordinary trip. This destination would be Rwanda, by going to the local civilizations, in order to learn and understand their tradition, way of life. Being immersed in a world far from our comfort and our modernity. Then to go observe gorillas in the mountains. I love these animals, they are majestic and so close to men in appearance. But we don't know much about them, and in addition they will soon disappear. That's why I would like to be able to observe them before they disappear, while remaining in the respect thanks to the local guides who know where they are and how not to disturb them. For the anecdote, this dream awoke in me when I saw the movie "gorillas in the mist", which really marked me and that I recommend!

Jordan Rak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:48 am

I m going to talk about the upcoming vacation, every year i go skiing in the pyrenees but this year i will stay at home because we can’t ski. So i’m going to stay at home and play sports with my friends and make small evening. And also to revise of course. Unfortunately to my regret i think we will don’t see snow fall in charente.

logan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by maeva bigeau Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Today I talk about , topic "my dream trip". My dream trip is tahiti because it is an isla beautiful, there is a lot of sun. And the water is crystal clear and my bid dream is swing with dolphin and turtle. And my other dream trip is to go to USA to participate a big horse riding competition. For example los angeles, miami , new york... . But because of sanitaries situation I did not go in the country.

maeva bigeau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 session 5 Empty My dream trip

Post by lguilb04 Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:08 pm

To begin with, being able to travel is a chance that unfortunately not everyone has... it is nevertheless so exciting and interesting to be able to discover new things, new traditions, cultures, religions... So with an opinion as enthusiastic as mine about the trip you can imagine that several dream trips are on my list of things to achieve in my life (yes I have a list about the important things I want to do in my life). But the one I’m saving for is a road trip in a Van in the United States over several months with my family ideally.

lguilb04

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifenn G. Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:44 am

I love the subject of this week and I think that the one who chose this subject must be a genius ! Oh I forgot it's because it's me ! 😎 (I'm too funny, I know)
More seriously, I have so much to say on this subject ! The abyss are very fascinating because there is a part of our planet which we couldn't explore, we had only explore 5% of the ocean floors for the moment so this shortage knowledges give rise to lot of questions and theories on this subject and I would like to talk about of some of them.
The first theory is about an UFO in the ocean floor (there is not in the abyss but the theory is interesting). Due to the fact that researchers discovered a suposed UFO in the Baltic sea at 80m of deep, it's a rocky structure with the shape of disc but the dimensions of 8m for height and 60m for diameter and the structure moved 300m in the ocean floor and the most troubling it's that all electronic devices don't work next to this suposed UFO. Personnally I don't think there is an UFO, maybe a stone tablet of an old civilisation like egyptian or viking which throw out this stone in the sea but I don't believe that there is an UFO and I think the disfunction of the electronic device it's just a coincidence.
The second theory (my favorite) talk about the MEGALODON !!! The megalodon is a prehistoric animal which look like a shark but with dimensions between 15m-30m there is the biggest predator all the time which living on earth and it is suposed extinct 1,5 billion years ago, but according to this theory the megalodon will be not extinct and could live in the abyss. The elements which prove this theory is the big teeth which are find by people on the coast and lot of accounts of fishermen since some century who claim to see and was afraid by a very giant shark more over researchers put an electronical chip on a great white shark which was eat but the researchers don't know the animal which could eat this shark. Amazingly, I find that this theory can be real (maybe it's because I hope that the megalodon is not extinct) because we don't know what monster there are in the deepest of the ocean and the giant squid is the perfect example that this theory can be possible... There is some of years we think the giant squid was just a legend but since the 2000 years we proved its existence so that prove like earth have again many secrets for our and in the deepest of the ocean there is often big and monstruous creatures like giant squid, sperm whale (very strange traduction I hope that I don't make a mistake) etc etc so why not the megalodon ? (And maybe Cthulhu and Kraken that could be incredible but I don't think XD)
The last theory is about a secret world according to this theory there is a world under the abyss and this world is populated by other humans or extraterrestrials who observe the humans and their evolutions from the middle of the earth but this theory is only based on the human belief because there is no arguments which prove this theory. So I don't agree with this theory but it's funny to see how, no matter what the subject, some people find always the way to incorporate the E.T.
I hope that you got pleasure to read these theories as much as that I got to write them.
The videos which helped me to write my work :
https://youtu.be/xmFH2Dw1h38 (CAUTION at the end of this video ! 👀)
https://youtu.be/i83IGtDF8lI
https://youtu.be/yaOvt59w2HA

Tifenn G.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:19 am

Tifenn G. wrote:I love the subject of this week and I think that  the one who chose this subject must be a genius ! Oh I forgot it's because it's me ! 😎 (I'm too funny, I know)
More seriously, I have so much to say on this subject ! The abyss are very fascinating because there is a part of our planet which we couldn't explore, we had only explore 5% of the ocean floors for the moment so this shortage knowledges give rise to lot of questions and theories on this subject and I would like to talk about of some of them.
The first theory is about an UFO in the ocean floor (there is not in the abyss but the theory is interesting). Due to the fact that researchers discovered a suposed UFO in the  Baltic sea at 80m of deep, it's a rocky structure with the shape of disc but the dimensions of 8m for height and 60m for diameter and the structure moved 300m in the ocean floor and the most troubling it's that all electronic devices don't work next to this suposed UFO. Personnally I don't think there is an UFO, maybe a stone tablet of an old civilisation like egyptian or viking which throw out this stone in the sea but I don't believe that there is an UFO and I think the disfunction of the electronic device it's just a coincidence.
The second theory (my favorite) talk about the MEGALODON !!! The megalodon is a prehistoric animal which look like a shark but with dimensions between 15m-30m there is the biggest predator all the time which living on earth and it is suposed extinct 1,5 billion years ago, but according to this theory the megalodon will be not extinct and could live in the abyss. The elements which prove this theory is the big teeth which are find by people on the coast and lot of accounts of fishermen since some century who claim to see and was afraid by a very giant shark more over researchers put an electronical chip on a great white shark which was eat but the researchers don't know the animal which could eat this shark. Amazingly, I find that this theory can be real (maybe it's because I hope that the megalodon is not extinct) because we don't know what monster there are in the deepest of the ocean and the giant squid is the perfect example that this theory can be possible... There is some of years we think the giant squid was just a legend but since the 2000 years we proved its existence so that prove like earth have again many secrets for our and in the deepest of the ocean there is often big and monstruous creatures like giant squid, sperm whale (very strange traduction I hope that I don't make a mistake) etc etc so why not the megalodon ? (And maybe Cthulhu and Kraken that could be incredible but I don't think XD)
The last theory is about a secret world according to this theory there is a world under the abyss and this world is populated by other humans or extraterrestrials who observe the humans and their evolutions from the middle of the earth but this theory is only based on the human belief because there is no arguments which prove this theory. So I don't agree with this theory but it's funny to see how, no matter what the subject, some people find always the way to incorporate the E.T.
I hope that you got pleasure to read these theories as much as that I got to write them.
The videos which helped me to write my work :
https://youtu.be/xmFH2Dw1h38  (CAUTION at the end of this video ! 👀)
https://youtu.be/i83IGtDF8lI
https://youtu.be/yaOvt59w2HA

My theory:
It's cold and wet and dark. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tifenn G. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:45 pm

For this week, I will go for "My dream trip". I would love to go in Egypt and in Australia. 
Egyptian civilization is completly different of all others civilizations and Egypt is a different world. I would like to discover more about the history of the pyramids, the pharaons, the way of life ... Visit this unique country with its magnifent landscapes would be amazing. 
Visit Australia would be amazing aswell because it is also an unique contry in a different way : Australia has incredible naturals landscapes such as the Great Barrier Reef. Moreover, there are breathtaking animals that we can't find anywhere else, but sometimes, it must be very scary to cross one  pale Also, doing scuba diving in Australia is something that i would love to do to discover much colored fishes in a clear water.

Pierre-Louis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:14 pm

So today, I’m going to tell you about my winter holidays because I was able to do a few new things: cross-country skiing on the Alpine ski slopes… very difficult, and I believe that my parents and I spent more time falling than actually skiing… the tracks were very steep and poorly adapted. Many other people, like us wanted to try the experiment but they all walked back!
Thanks to this, at the end of the week, the tracks were deserted

Charloote NIORT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:13 pm

Oh... good surprise : I'm happy because a lot of people have chosen my subject ! My dream trip.

I proposed this subject because it is surely the biggest goal in my life: to travel and make a road trip around the world in a van, with my family, to allow my future children to discover the world and to offer them this opportunity to open-mindedness, visits of different cultures and beliefs, learning several languages .. and above all creating memories. So my dream would be to make several trips in different ways: walking with backpacks and camping; by bike ; by going to hotels; and in a motorhome.
The main places I would like to visit are: bora bora, hawai, australia, the united states, greece but also the colder countries: norway, finland, sweden.

loreena martin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:42 am

loreena martin wrote:Oh... good surprise : I'm happy because a lot of people have chosen my subject ! My dream trip.

I proposed this subject because it is surely the biggest goal in my life: to travel and make a road trip around the world in a van, with my family, to allow my future children to discover the world and to offer them this opportunity to open-mindedness, visits of different cultures and beliefs, learning several languages .. and above all creating memories. So my dream would be to make several trips in different ways: walking with backpacks and camping; by bike ; by going to hotels; and in a motorhome.
The main places I would like to visit are: bora bora, hawai, australia, the united states, greece but also the colder countries: norway, finland, sweden.

So you want to destroy the world by adding to climate change Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coline Thouvenin Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:36 am

This week I chose to speak about the Loreena's subject : "My dream trip".
A few years ago, a friend promised me that one day he would take me to Brazil because he knows it's my dream. Today, I would like to expand this dream and extend it to all of Latin America. One day I would like to take a backpack, some trainers, some money, and go exploring Latin America by hitchhiking and sleeping over. It would make the trip all the more beautiful.

Coline Thouvenin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:44 pm

Every year or every two years I go skiing for at least 1 week during the winter holidays. I have always been in the Pyrenees the first time I went, I must have been 3 years old. I would like to discover the Alps but it is further away and more expensive. Since I have been in Staps I have not been able to go. So my winter vacation now is pretty boring and I don't do much. I go to parties with my friends and otherwise I play video games. And also I sleep a lot to recover from parties with friends. During these holidays I also remodeled my room, I changed the bed and I also installed a dart board. My room is now a small studio because my new bed is a sofa bed. So I spend most of my time there in my room.

Gaëtan Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down