UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 2

+10
Nina Rodriguez
Paul Piekarski
Julia
Dubuy Flavie
GaiaBenoist
Ninon Ragot
Idier Sarah
Valentin_Bourdon
Corentin Chotard
Admin
14 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 Empty Semester 2 Week 2

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:35 pm

For you what is the point where human rights are more important than sport? In what situations should the government not allow players/teams to compete in competitions? Are they the same as the situations that you would stop yourself from competing?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 2

Post by Corentin Chotard Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:33 pm

I think that human rights, whether in sports or in any other field, must come first. However I think that in some situations it is difficult to put them first. Indeed, during a big competition, the sport is not the only stake, we find in political, financial stakes... So the government, despite the fact that human rights are violated, does not prohibit the state to participate even if in normal circumstances it should be the case. So I think that when human rights are dishonored as the fact of making work "modern slaves" to build sports structures, the government must refuse the participation in the competition. If this is not the case, as in the case of the Quatar Olympics, it is the athletes themselves who should refuse participation even if it means potential negative reprisals for them.

Corentin Chotard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin_Bourdon Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:57 pm

I don't beleive there is "a point" where Human Rights are more important than sport because they obviously are. Sports should be just the act of practicing the activities. Nevertheless, nowadays Sport undergoes political recovery, sportwashing, ... because of the visibily of big events like the Olympic Games or the football World Cup. This visibily and attracitivity is making more and more money so now there are economic issues. There are maybe also political or economical contracts beetwen countries. That is maybe the reasons why the Human Rights or maybe put in the background. These issues are making difficult the choice of not sending a team to competition in a country where Human Rights are disrespected.

Valentin_Bourdon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Idier Sarah Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:02 pm

Human rights are more important than sport in any context.
There isn't specific situation in which the government should act, it is simply a matter of common sense.
When you are supposed to compete in a country that violates the rights of others the government must take action.
You can't condone all actions on the pretext that you don't want conflicts.
Women didn't win the right to vote by using silence, so the government shouldn't silence this sort of thing either.
Of course I will prevent myself from competing to preserve human rights.
In fact, it happened once ! But wasn't really humans rights.
I had qualified to participate in the zonal events to climb rope, I represented the Charente.
With the representatives of Charente, we decided not to compete to protest against measures that had been imposed on us.

Idier Sarah

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninon Ragot Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:37 pm

In my opinion, human rights are most developed before sport. However, today sport involves political and economic issues, "sportwashing", everything is done to attract. Sport is today an instrument to try to assert itself on a world level, and that, to the detriment of certain values. I think the government should not let migrants work in extreme working conditions, causing deaths to build the infrastructure for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. I think it is crucial that human rights are guaranteed in all countries that organize big events.

Ninon Ragot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaiaBenoist Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:33 am

I think it is necessary to remember that every man on earth has rights and that it is important to respect them whether in sport or in any other field. During major sporting events such as the World Cup or the Olympic Games, human rights are quickly forgotten to respond to political or economic issues.
Personally, I absolutely do not tolerate this, and I would not compete in a country that violates human rights. I think everyone should think like that. Regarding the 2022 World Cup, it is not normal that migrants work in extremely harsh conditions to build infrastructure and that many of them lose their lives there.

GaiaBenoist

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubuy Flavie Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:56 pm

I think that human rights are very important in sport, and can be put aside in big world competitions, like the football World Cup, the Olympics.
Some countries can use human rights to show their power to other countries.
For example, Germany, which had accepted the doping of athletes in general practice to establish its sporting supremacy in the eyes of the world, in defiance of the health of athletes.
Or Qatar, the organizers of the 2022 Football World Cup, which has been building a stadium for a decade, hiring many migrant workers in extreme working conditions, to the detriment of certain individual or collective values, which have caused thousands of deaths.
Doping, cheating, killing people, human abuse, are reasons why I would not participate in a competition

Dubuy Flavie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:46 pm

the point where human rights is more important than sport, it is in all the inequalities, all the discriminations, all the vicious aspect of sport, the aggressions, the corruptions... Because the sport although 'he is a source of entertainment, pleasure, fun... he also has vices that threaten human rights to the highest degree.The government should prohibit the competition of players or teams when there is any kind of inequality or disrespect of human rights whatsoever.Inequalities, racism, corruption, sexism, violence ... are the causes for which we should fight, and therefore boycott all competitions that promote or hide these things.

Julia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Piekarski Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:53 pm

Human rights are much more important than sport. Indeed the sport should in no case not follow the human rights that it is for the sportsmen like all that there is around.
As with the example of Qatar and the construction of stadiums. The government should not accept this kind of fact.
But it becomes more and more complex as the sport grows economically and politically.

Paul Piekarski

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 2 Empty Semester 2 Week 2

Post by Nina Rodriguez Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:11 pm

Human rights are vital for man to live together serenely. So no matter what the circumstances, they must exist and take precedence over everything else. Sport is a good example of this because it has many points in common with human rights. Therefore, if human rights are not respected, the government should prevent its teams from competing. If the principles, values, rights,..., are not respected then we should not participate even if the stakes are high because it would mean that we accept the situation. Personally, if my rights are at stake then I prefer not to compete.

Nina Rodriguez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Besnier Alycia Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:16 pm

human rights are always more important than anything else, it is the basis of human integrity. the government can ban a player or a team if they do not respect these laws. If I was a high level player and the country that hosts the competition then I would not participate in these games, it is not in my values

Besnier Alycia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva.P Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:56 am

I think that human rights must be respected everywhere, of course, but especially in sport.
Sport is a place of example for society, a place where everyone is equal. If these rights are not respected then there must be sanctions.
But I think that we should not deprive the athletes of competing because it is not their fault, but more towards the federations for example.

Eva.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MARECHAL Mathilde Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:33 am

I believe that human rights are more important than sport, they are universal rights that every human being possesses regardless of ethnicity, nationality or religion. These rights must be respected everywhere by governments to protect the dignity of all human beings. The practice of sport is a human right. Each individual must have the opportunity to play sport without discrimination, for example. Violations must result in sanctions but must not prevent an inconably responsible athlete from not competing because the preparation before each competition is very tedious.

MARECHAL Mathilde

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opale Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:05 pm

Human rights are more important than sport in every way. Moreover, human rights must be respected in all situations, in my opinion, whether in sport or otherwise. However, during major sporting events they are not always respected. The government should intervene by banning players from participating in a competition if human rights are not taken into account. So if it came to have racist remarks, corruption... For example doping which has a negative impact on the health of the athlete has been banned under penalty of being excluded from the competition which is a good thing . On the other hand, concerning Qatar, as seen in the article, it is more difficult to sanction or deal with it because even if it is unacceptable to call on labor in this deplorable situation, the decision is hard to take. If I face this kind of situation it would prevent me from competing. It is still necessary to be able to always find a solution so that human rights are respected even if it is not always easy.

Opale

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down