UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Discussion

+14
Cadoret solene
Ingridb
Lu YUAN
Lea METIFET
Cecile ZURETTI
Emilie THIRY
Emmanuelle Darthout
DianaLeon
MarineFoucat
Marvin_Menou
Emma Failly
Flora Clement
Mathilde Vienne
Admin
18 posters
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 7 Discussion Empty Week 7 Discussion

Post by Admin Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:44 pm

The Future.

What changes do you foresee in the next 10, 25 and 50 years. Technological, Societal, Nationally, Internationally, Personal, Public, Environmentally, Educationally .... Any areas that you want. Post your thoughts then come back on Sunday and comment on other people's thoughts.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Discussion Empty Re: Week 7 Discussion

Post by Mathilde Vienne Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:10 pm

I think in a few years the world will have changed profoundly.

First, the technological level, the progress being made in this area are phenomenal, and they will not stop growing. I think the acceleration of new technology is limitless and there will be very surprising things, such as a car that drives itself ... Everything will be scanned and men will definitly do without new technologies. But this growth of new technologies, the father of the Internet and the problem of the mastery of information. The universalization of the Internet as a mass media and interpersonal communication will help to educate, connect and mobilize traditionally excluded populations. In contrast, the risk of it being used for political or religious purposes in some areas actually a major challenge for the future.
Then, in regard to environmental level, I think that our planet will significantly deteriorate. Pollution will only continue to grow and will generate a natural disaster. The animals continue to disappear and forests to be cleared. I think ressurces Earth will be further wasted.
Regarding economic development, I think it is not to exclude a future war ... Given the current tensions in the world, a war might revive the economy. And there will be more insecurity.
Concerning the science and medical, research will have many advanced, and new vaccines will be found.
In short, the world will know many changes, but how it will evolve, that nobody can say !
The most important is to live the present moment, to enjoy everything that life offers without thinking about tomorrow.

Mathilde Vienne

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Discussion Empty A lot of inspiration... Sorry :D

Post by Flora Clement Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:29 pm

What will the planet in 50 years?
Today, our world is undergoing a technological advance that has an impact on all our behaviors, our lifestyle. And I think this development is positive only in regard for the time saving, money-saving, and human sciences.
For example, with the advent of the Internet, which still serves as literary works to educate themselves? Very few people. Internet has taken an important place in our everyday lives because we can easily access to all types of informations. Like our purchasing behavior, with the rise of e-trade, with one click we can order a product from all over the world and receive within a few weeks. However, many works are now removed! And why? Which Businessman not prefer to invest in machines to substitute a labor he must pay every month? Sad reality. And that's not all, in terms of ecology while also degrades with the pollution, for example, our world is warming. So, how I’ll see our world in 10, 25 and 50? I think firstly that our country will sink under the crisis, and will be linked to another country to survive! In Russia? Why not? I also think that Europe will not exist and that it will be the robots that will have taken power!
We become immortal through scientifics advancement and wars will be conducted around the world; a third world war. And yes, never 2 without 3! Also, our planet will be completely changed with the rise of water! A Tsunami will have wiped Portugal and Spain; and Africa will be connect to France which itself will be connect to the United States. In fact, the world no longer form a single continent after the two previous events. The lions will become our new pets and we will move into a flying car! Finally, the world will be led by our President named Mr. John Cox (yes we become immortals....) And we finally meet again a world living in peace where gender equality reign. "Sing, dance, take a vacation" will be our new motto!
No, I’m just joking, I don’t know how will our world in few years. No matter, as long as everyone is happy and that we can guarantee a perfect future world (even if it’s impossible…)!

Flora Clement

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Mathilde Vienne wrote:
The most important is to live the present moment, to enjoy everything that life offers without thinking about tomorrow.

Well Hello. lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Flora Clement wrote: Finally, the world will be led by our President named Mr. John Cox

I like your thinking! Twisted Evil king
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Discussion Empty The evolution

Post by Emma Failly Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:54 am

I think there are two posibilities:

- Either the society in 50 years will be in a good evolution, i mean with a policy which take wharge for good of our society! and with more respect of the humains but the planet too!
- Or we stay in the wave of the destruction of the planet and person... So this is no guaranteed a good future for our children.

I would like to be positive but this is really difficult, take the exemple with Charly Ebdo, this act proove that we live in a dangerous society, with person who haven't got feelings!

Even, the technologic aspect is bad for me! Because now the technology is in consistant progress unfortunately... All of people could'nt live without our phone or computer or TV ! I go to bed with my phone and i wake up with my phone... This is an addiction, so the evolution will be worse and worse ! I see flying cars, people who smoke at 8 years old, no longer eat anything because all is harmful. Fortunately science help us to live longer but if i compared to the old days, we would have lived a short time on earth so in future years it would have been worse.

This subject is not really fun, this inspire me the end of the world! ( of course in many years! )

Emma Failly

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin_Menou Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:16 pm

I see a world 100 % connected though some people will be reluctant to change.
It will be all about touching screens everywhere to make life easier.

Soon I think and I hope that coins would have disappeared. We will have one single highly secured which will enable us to pay everything.

Unfortunately, newspapers will no longer exist as media will only refer to the internet...

The world will be worse than ever...Big countries will continue to build no matter the environmental issues in order to show their power. Unsuspected diseases (for some) will come out due to pollution problems.

Is this a joyful life?

Marvin_Menou

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:57 pm

But you can help form the future world.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarineFoucat Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Future… Well I will talk only about my personal future because I’m a selfish person (JOKE! It’s just because I’m out of inspiration…). scratch
I first hope still being healthy, and the same for my family and friends. Health is one of the most important things on earth and I’m quite sure progress will be observed in this area in the coming years.
Second, I hope I’ll move forward with my “Trips Wish List”. This one is really complete, then I hope me and my backpack, we'll travel a big part of the world in the following 10 years. I think international exchanges will be easier to plan in terms of administration and money. Cool
And, as I’m a romantic girl in deep, I also hope meeting the man who will make me happy in my love life (once my world tour accomplished for sure). Maybe technology will permit us to meet our soul mate through artificial intelligence, who knows? I love you
To finish, I hope working in a field I like and going to my job with “pleasure”.
In conclusion, I see my future me as a well-rounded woman, that’s all I hope! Very Happy

MarineFoucat

Back to top Go down

Post by DianaLeon Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:51 pm

Like most of you I think that in the future, the Earth is going to be more contaminated because of the decisions of humanity. Sadly, in 50 years some tropical forests will be destroy by mining and other extracting activities: the trees are going to be chop down, the rivers will receive more waste and this is going to affect directly the more vulnerable populations. This process has already started in the Amazonian rainforest.
I also think that a great amount of people will raise their voices to stop this imminent catratrophe and that at some point they are going to be heard by the world's leaders in order to continue living in this planet.

DianaLeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmanuelle Darthout Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:22 pm

I'm not sure that the future, in fifty or sixty years, will be better than today... Form an ecological point of vieiw, a part of humanity wants to make efforts like less pollution, more sustainable development, etc. but there to many people who don't care and they destroyed goods things like forests, oceans, animals... I think the ecologic system of the Earth will collaspse in few years and consequences will be terrible.
If this will happen, it gonna be more difficult to poor people to survive because each last wealth will go to few rich people in the world because it's them who have the money.
This will result unprecedented crisis, people will revolt against autority in place and civil wars will break out. That's why every system that we know (economic, politic, etc.) will disapear.

It remains a litlle luck that everybody become aware about the situation and every countries unite to preserve the environment. I think it's NOW that an awareness must be made and maybe the actual life system that we know will remain in place.

Emmanuelle Darthout

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Emmanuelle Darthout wrote:I'm not sure that the future, in fifty or sixty years, will be better than today... Form an ecological point of vieiw, a part of humanity wants to make efforts like less pollution, more sustainable development, etc. but there to many people who don't care and they destroyed goods things like forests, oceans, animals... I think the ecologic system of the Earth will collaspse in few years and consequences will be terrible.
If this will happen, it gonna be more difficult to poor people to survive because each last wealth will go to few rich people in the world because it's them who have the money.
This will result unprecedented crisis, people will revolt against autority in place and civil wars will break out. That's why every system that we know (economic, politic, etc.) will disapear.

It remains a litlle luck that everybody become aware about the situation and every countries unite to preserve the environment. I think it's NOW that an awareness must be made and maybe the actual life system that we know will remain in place.

So perhaps it's good I'll be dead in 50 years. Can't really fault your logic though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilie THIRY Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Today I saw an amazing video on the world’s first family robot that can interact with its human owners. I felt that this robot came straight from a science fiction movie. I also saw some other pretty interesting things like a driverless car, some holograms like in star wars. These fictional gadgets that existed up to now in our imagination or in movies are coming to life.

I’m convinced that in the next ten years in the technology field, we are going to experience a phenomenal progress. Our entire landscape may change. Some jobs will disappear and new ones will be created. Everything we knew and experienced will be relics. With all these changes, it’s likely that new policy and maybe new governments will be introduced. Maybe there will be no more school, because everybody will have a digital brain enabling to know everything.

With all these changes that will occur very quickly we might feel outdated. But I hope that on the contrary, we will try to be closer to nature. And that human beings try to be more responsible with the environment they live in. This is a utopian vision but there is hope. Everybody should be aware of what is happening.

Emilie THIRY

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Discussion Empty ?!!??

Post by Emilie THIRY Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Mathilde Vienne wrote:

Maybe if people paid attention to the life they lead today, the world could be in the futur a better place. What do you think? cyclops .

Emilie THIRY

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecile ZURETTI Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:25 pm

In my opinion, the environment will be destroyed partly in a few decades. As we know, even if we pay attention to it, it’ too late to save the world. But we can help it “live” a little longer, by recycling, saving water and energy at home, for example by switching off the light when leaving the room. But as you will see below, when humans won’t have the possibility to live on this planet anymore, it won’t be a problem…

I’m more optimistic concerning other topics. I think that in 10 or 20 years, thanks to new technologies, cars will fly and it will be really quicker and safer to travel. Moreover, as you already know, teleportation will be available for everybody thanks to Cindy, Jeremy, Florence and I, so humans won’t spend time in traffic jam anymore. Of course, we’ll be able to teleport ourselves to other planets, so we’ll be friends with Martians and we’ll discover other foods and traditions. Thanks to the study of Martians’ DNA, scientists will have found a cure for all human diseases. I think that I’ll go to Mars only on holidays, and the rest of the time I’ll live in NYC (why not?).

Do you like my future?

Cecile ZURETTI

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea METIFET Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:29 pm

I think that we can’t imagine what would be the future in the next 50 years. For example, we can see in the movie “Back to the future” they were totally wrong about what could be the life in 2015. We don’t have cars that can fly, we are not dressed like them (fortunately!), holograms ads, etc… But we have self-lacing sneakers of Nike and robots! I don’t want to imagine the future because I think that it will be absolutely horrible… Yes I’m not optimistic because of the growth of new technology that is really fear, we will have robots that can feel real feelings like human being and I think that this isn’t a wonderful progress. Moreover, I think that the global warming will increase and we should use technology to reduce that like the progress of electric cars. However, as I said the technology isn’t always good because it creates a lot of mental diseases and doctors are not optimistic regarding the diseases in the future because of technology…

That’s why I think that we need to enjoy life day after day, in order to don’t have regrets and take time for people we care about in order to have a beautiful life because this is the most important thing.

Lea METIFET

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea METIFET Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Cecile ZURETTI wrote:as you already know, teleportation will be available for everybody thanks to Cindy, Jeremy, Florence and I, so humans won’t spend time in traffic jam anymore.

It will be absolutely perfect Cécile ! Thanks ! Wink

Lea METIFET

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecile ZURETTI Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Lea METIFET wrote:

It will be absolutely perfect Cécile !  Thanks ! Wink

And of course we'll be able to talk to Martians thanks to your device which translates animal language, it will be its evolution ^^

Cecile ZURETTI

Back to top Go down

Post by Lu YUAN Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:36 pm

In the next 50 years, the technology is advancing but we will not have many nature resources, so we have to discovery in the outer space. And the earth will be gravely polluted, human beings have to think out a solution for this problem. Of cause the world will be warmer than today in 50 years, not only because of growing population, but also the development of industry.

Some hopeful things : we will have chance to travel in the space, and then we can find a new star to live or we can find our alien friends. We will have less wars thanks to the globalization, people don’t want to start a war between each country, we want to be friendly especially in commercial activities.

What the earth will be in the end ? The human beings are too small. The earth doesn’t need our to save, but it will punish us when we do some bad things.

Lu YUAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Emilie THIRY wrote:Today I saw an amazing video on the world’s first family robot that can interact with its human owners.  I felt that this robot came straight from a science fiction movie. I also saw some other pretty interesting things like a driverless car, some holograms like in star wars. These fictional gadgets that existed up to now in our imagination or in movies are coming to life.

I’m convinced that in the next ten years in the technology field, we are going to experience a phenomenal progress. Our entire landscape may change. Some jobs will disappear and new ones will be created. Everything we knew and experienced will be relics. With all these changes, it’s likely that new policy and maybe new governments will be introduced. Maybe there will be no more school, because everybody will have a digital brain enabling to know everything.

With all these changes that will occur very quickly we might feel outdated. But I hope that on the contrary, we will try to be closer to nature. And that human beings try to be more responsible with the environment they live in. This is a utopian vision but there is hope. Everybody should be aware of what is happening.

I like the examples. Good work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Cecile ZURETTI wrote:In my opinion, the environment will be destroyed partly in a few decades. As we know, even if we pay attention to it, it’ too late to save the world. But we can help it “live” a little longer, by recycling, saving water and energy at home, for example by switching off the light when leaving the room. But as you will see below, when humans won’t have the possibility to live on this planet anymore, it won’t be a problem…

I’m more optimistic concerning other topics. I think that in 10 or 20 years, thanks to new technologies, cars will fly and it will be really quicker and safer to travel. Moreover, as you already know, teleportation will be available for everybody thanks to Cindy, Jeremy, Florence and I, so humans won’t spend time in traffic jam anymore. Of course, we’ll be able to teleport ourselves to other planets, so we’ll be friends with Martians and we’ll discover other foods and traditions. Thanks to the study of Martians’ DNA, scientists will have found a cure for all human diseases. I think that I’ll go to Mars only on holidays, and the rest of the time I’ll live in NYC (why not?).

Do you like my future?

I like Mars bars and I'm sorry that I like to have the light on in the room when I teach. clown
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin_Menou Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Lu YUAN wrote:

We will have less wars thanks to the globalization, people don’t want to start a war between each country, we want to be friendly especially in commercial activities.

l'm not sure about it. The conflict in Ukraine shows that human mentalities didn't change...
However peace in the world looks better.

Marvin_Menou

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingridb Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:58 pm

This topic doesn’t convince me. Sometimes, the future is not comforting. Presently, I can’t imagine my future.  It’s too far.  It’s too scary.  It’s not safe.
And more, I prefer being surprised !
But, for this homework, I’ll do an effort.

I wish, when I ‘ll be an old and respectable woman, if it happends, that I’ll could say “the life gaves me the chance to share incredible moments with my family and friends”.  Very Happy
Whatever technology, robot, or the others things… society still evolving… somehow or other.  The world (or just the youngers ?) today appears to have become rather jaded about the issue of  future development and is not paying sufficient attention.
I hope in the future, It will be available to create a timemachine and cancelling bad decisions or negatives act in the world.
And then, a teleportation machine. Even if the travel is a little bit long, it ‘ll be always better than things whose exist now (plane, train, car, boat...).

I’m sorry, my text commentary is very boring but .. I write this a Sunday evening and , sincerely, I don’t really want to think about my future when the next future is Monday morning …  silent  ! I hope you understand. I promise in my next commentary, I’ll do better.

Ingridb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingridb Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Marvin_Menou wrote:
The world will be worse than ever...

You're very optimistic too ! The joke in this story is we see and we grow up in the best part of the world ....

Ingridb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingridb Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:07 pm

Cecile ZURETTI wrote:
Lea METIFET wrote:

It will be absolutely perfect Cécile !  Thanks ! Wink

And of course we'll be able to talk to Martians thanks to your device which translates animal language, it will be its evolution ^^

I spoke about timemachine too in my comment. When the machine is ready, call me ! Smile

Ingridb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum