UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

+20
Jamel O
Alex Lasserre
WANG RUI
Salvatore VENNETTILLI
Alexandre Baudet
Yara Bassil
mguyader
Madagascan Lorriane
Mathilde L
Manon.C
MisterSTAPS
Emma Herry
Anaël Maublanc
Laure
Salomé P.
Gaëlle
Habibakhairy
Aurélie Leclerc
Eloïse B
Admin
24 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently? Empty Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

Post by Admin Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:34 pm

I thought I'd open a thread so that we can recommend or dismiss films.

I've watched a couple of the last 2 weeks.

The latest Jason Bourne which I found pretty poor. The others may not have been fantastic but they were watchable. This one seems to have run out of storyline.

On Saturday I watched the latest Star Trek movie and really enjoyed it. I was alive to watch the original Star trek when it was originally played and I enjoyed them but this new Enterprise team could be the best of the lot so far. Story was full of action and humour. If you like Sci-fi then you should watch it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently? Empty Re: Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

Post by Eloïse B Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:49 am

Makes me wanna watch Star Trek !
Lately we've been watching old Disney movies with Salvatore! And some DreamWorks. Some I had never seen, others when I was like 6 or 7, so it's fun to refresh our memories, I had forgotten most of the stories and songs !
But in recent movies I can advise you Un petit boulot, I saw it with Laure at the theatre and for once it's a good French film, with fun scenes and a quite original scenario

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently? Empty Re: Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

Post by Admin Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:24 am

Do you critically analyse the Disney movies when you watch them or are you watching like a child?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Admin wrote:Do you critically analyse the Disney movies when you watch them or are you watching like a child?

Both Laughing Peter Pan really shocked me because it is so old and we just could not make such a movie today. The place of women, the atmosphere, everything is so 50s, but we watched it as kids and it seemed normal back then. Thanksfully movies like The Princess and the Frog are really contemporary in their questioning, troubles, places... So Disney got way better (we could make a whole topic just on Disney Exclamation )

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Leclerc Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:01 pm

I watched miss Peregrine, the new Tim Burton movie.
It was pretty coolbut above all it was so refreshing and great to see a "new" movie, not a reboot, spin off... i'm starting to be quite tired watching the same stories again and again....
Anyway it was a great movie but quite scaring :-)
I really recommand it !

Aurélie Leclerc

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:07 pm

I don't understand why we have this fashion of reboot movies. Spinoffs I can understand but why not create a new movie instead of using the same story with updated graphics and new actors.

The latest trend looks like being new TV series based on old films. For example Lethal weapon and Westworld. It'll be interesting to see if they are a success or not.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Leclerc Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Admin wrote:I don't understand why we have this fashion of reboot movies. Spinoffs I can understand but why not create a new movie instead of using the same story with updated graphics and new actors.

The latest trend looks like being new TV series based on old films. For example Lethal weapon and Westworld. It'll be interesting to see if they are a success or not.

I agree with you... actually when it became the new trend, i loved it it was great but now i feel very tired.... The worst for me is disney which keep rebooting their old moviesto keep the rights

Aurélie Leclerc

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:33 pm

I am into movies so much, i like this topic john.
Unfortunately since i came to France, i am not following up the US box office Sad but i ve watched tones of movies. I can't say that i have a favorite movie because it's very hard to choose only one. the different genres and scenarios makes the choice even harder.
Here you go one of drama movies that i find inspirational " the Blind side" based on a true story.
THIS TOPIC IS AWESOME Cool Cool Cool

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:06 am

I miss going to the cinema to watch a movie in the CGR :'(

And because of that, the last movie amI saw was Tarzan.

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:38 pm

I have Tarzan on my list to watch. Is it good?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:46 pm

It was really different from the Disney (which I was really fond of while a kid), but it's nice. The end is a bit WTF but it's a disney movie so it's understandable !

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:56 pm

i ve watched jungle book the movie , and i love it

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Aurélie Leclerc wrote:I watched miss Peregrine, the new Tim Burton movie.
It was pretty coolbut above all it was so refreshing and great to see a "new" movie, not a reboot, spin off... i'm starting to be quite tired watching the same stories again and again....
I really recommand it !

Thank you I wondered if it was good!

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:25 pm

We watched the weirdest movie yesterday with Laure... Belladonna, a Japanese animated movie from 1973. A mix of European Middle Age stories, erotism and drugs (acid, mushrooms, I don't know but they were clearly high). Anyway I really liked how Jeanne was drawn.
It was followed by Rio 2096, a recent Brasilian animated movie. This one was really good because it showed History for the losers' point of view, and that truly opens my mind, because it is not something we usually see/think about.

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Eloïse B wrote:We watched the weirdest movie yesterday with Laure... Belladonna, a Japanese animated movie from 1973. A mix of European Middle Age stories, erotism and drugs (acid, mushrooms, I don't know but they were clearly high). Anyway I really liked how Jeanne was drawn.
It was followed by Rio 2096, a recent Brasilian animated movie. This one was really good because it showed History for the losers' point of view, and that truly opens my mind, because it is not something we usually see/think about.

I admire your open-minded movie viewing.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:12 am

Eloïse B wrote:
I really recommand it !

Yes Eloïse this is really something to watch! Tim burton makes you entered into a completely crzay word. The story is quite innovative. And for once i found the 3D effects...bringing something good to the movie, effects which were interesting. Because i hope you'll agree with me that most of the time the 3D is only expensive and useless.

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:07 am

Salomé P. wrote:
Eloïse B wrote:
I really recommand it !

Yes Eloïse this is really something to watch! Tim burton makes you entered into a completely crzay word. The story is quite innovative. And for once i found the 3D effects...bringing something good to the movie, effects which were interesting. Because i hope you'll agree with me that most of the time the 3D is only expensive and useless.

Thank you for this review, based on the trailer, I didn't wanted to see it because for me the story didn't look very original compares to Xmen or even Harry Potter (children who have special skills so you put them in a school and help them loving themselves) I also thought it was kind of childish or at least a teenager movie.

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:11 am

Admin wrote:
Eloïse B wrote:We watched the weirdest movie yesterday with Laure... Belladonna, a Japanese animated movie from 1973. A mix of European Middle Age stories, erotism and drugs (acid, mushrooms, I don't know but they were clearly high). Anyway I really liked how Jeanne was drawn.

I admire your open-minded movie viewing.

You know John, sometimes with Eloïse we go to far with our open-minded viewing... When I watched your trailer it makes my mind going back to Tuesday evening and I didn't like it.
Eloïse forgot to tell you that this woman is being rape a lot of times in the movie, so it's a strange face of erotism.

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:23 am

Salomé wrote: Eloïse B wrote:

Aurélie Leclerc wrote:
I watched miss Peregrine, the new Tim Burton movie.
I really recommand it !

Yes absolutly, I think we saw the same amazing movie, and the most enjoyable for me, were the different allusions of others movies : for examples "Alice's adventures in wonderful world" through the blond girl who could fly, she is the same beautiful, innocent and kind girl or "Peter Pan" through children who were without families.

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Herry Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:10 am

The latest movie I watched is Central Intelligence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxEw3elSJ8M it's an OK movie, when you don't want to think it's good and Kevin Heart is good (I love him even he's short)
But a movie I really want to watch is Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children. link hereIt looks amazing and I love Tim Burton!!

Emma Herry

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:16 am

what do you guys think about MALEFICENT Cool Cool

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:29 am

Habibakhairy wrote:what do you guys think about MALEFICENT  Cool Cool

I saw it a while ago but I loved it.

Yesterday I went to see Bridget Jones... (haha not a movie for you John ! )
I found it really funny and fresh which could not have been expected of another movie about her.

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:34 am

And because i am a fan of will Smith ... the story of Collateral Beauty has captured my attention it is about a successful New York advertising executive that experiences a deep personal tragedy and retreats from life entirely, his colleagues devise a drastic plan to force him to confront his grief in a surprising and profoundly human way.
As well the move A UNITED KINGDOM that tells the inspiring true story of Seretse Khama, the King of modern Botswana, and the London office worker he married in 1948 in the face of fierce opposition from their families and the British and South African governments. this movie reveals a historical era when there was racism.

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:39 am

gaelle.vasse wrote:
Habibakhairy wrote:what do you guys think about MALEFICENT  Cool Cool

I saw it a while ago but I loved it.

Yesterday I went to see Bridget Jones... (haha not a movie for you John ! )
I found it really funny and fresh which could not have been expected of another movie about her.

yea i did too it is a 2014 movie but i loved it so much ,,, oh really , which part of bridget jones, the last one or an old part ? tho i agree and insist not for you john

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:42 am

I like all Bridget Jones movies, but when you make a new movie about the same characters usually it's not as funny as the first ones... Smile

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum