UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

+20
Jamel O
Alex Lasserre
WANG RUI
Salvatore VENNETTILLI
Alexandre Baudet
Yara Bassil
mguyader
Madagascan Lorriane
Mathilde L
Manon.C
MisterSTAPS
Emma Herry
Anaël Maublanc
Laure
Salomé P.
Gaëlle
Habibakhairy
Aurélie Leclerc
Eloïse B
Admin
24 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently? - Page 3 Empty Re: Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

Post by Salvatore VENNETTILLI Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:57 am

Recently i've watched again the Shrek movies ! And it was really cool to watch them with a different perspective.  If you haven't seen them or if you want to watch again some animated movies i highly recommend you to go and watch them. The voice cast, all the references and the character of Shrek this anti hero, everything is great. We were talking about the evolution of animation this morning, you can see it in those movies !

Salvatore VENNETTILLI

Back to top Go down

Films/Movies - what have you watched recently? - Page 3 Empty Re: Films/Movies - what have you watched recently?

Post by WANG RUI Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:07 am

I watched this one in the cinema, kubo and the two strings. It tells the story of love and redemption in ancient Japan. The story is juste so so but screen production well, it is worth go to cinema to see.

WANG RUI

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Leclerc Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:26 am

I watched Kubo, a new stop motion animation movie. I went because I really love animation. The landscapes and origami scenes were great but the scenario was terrible... I was really desapointed... I might had too high expectations...

Aurélie Leclerc

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:20 am

Alexandre Baudet wrote:
MisterSTAPS wrote:
Last sunday, I watched "Radin" french movie with the comic Dany Boon. It talk about skinflint person who save his money. I let you the trailer here. I really recommend it because the story is totally different of the trailer... Full of surprise!

QuestionQuestionQuestion
I watched this last week and I don't like it.. In my point of view, this is a bad comedy, boring and coarse in the acting. I was waiting for a fall at the end but nothing...disappointing. I feel that I wasted my time.

Humour is a very personal thing isn't it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:23 am

Alexandre Baudet wrote:
mguyader wrote:
Alexandre Baudet wrote:I watched L'odyssée (with Pierre Niney, Lambert Wilson and Audrey Tautou) tuesday evening. It talks about Cousteau family's and the discovery of a new world under the sea thanks to the invention of scuba.

I've been disapointed by this movie because the trailer is misleading. The movie is not bad but there are many lenghts and lack of dynamism.
There is not only bad points because there is beautiful landscape and awesome picture underwater, good actors, and the movie challenges us about pollution (even if the subject is brought grotesquely).
However, the goal of "L'odyssée" is reached, after seeing this movie you want to go diving and learn more about Cousteau's life. study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goy8YMc3KHg

After 20 minuntes you finished to post your reply haha Wink
Really, it's not a good movie ? I wanted to watched it ... But I think I will go to make my owner point of view and because I like actors of this movies ! I hope I will enjoy more than you ...

Haha
"I like actors of this movie" Let me guess, mainly Pierre Niney, isn't it?
It's a good movie but I didn't expect that. You can watch it, you'll glad to see Pierre Niney shirtless..!

I just googled Pierre Niney. If MisterStaps was effeminate he'd look like Pierre Niney.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Watched X-Men Apocalypse last night.

Great film. Every X-men film has been great IMO.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Lasserre Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:11 pm

X-Men Apocalypse is really cool indeed !

However I disagree with you, X-Men 3 The Last Stand was kinda bad. Others were great but this one not so much.

Which one was your favorite of all the X-Men movies ?

And while we're talking about X-men I think we need to mention the Wolverine's movie. I found them pretty underwhelming but the new one based on the Old Man Logan comics, will hopefully be better.

Here's a link to the trailer if you want to have a first look at it Wink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWcXXxVZF2A
Alex Lasserre
Alex Lasserre

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:01 am

I enjoyed them all Alex. You are more a connoisseur than I - especially for super heros.

Last night I watched Now you see me 2. I enjoyed the first very much but this was just cashing in on the first. Storyline was weak, special effects not that great and considering the talented actors in it, the acting was just average.

I don't reccommend it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:18 am

Admin wrote:I enjoyed them all Alex. You are more a connoisseur than I - especially for super heros.

Last night I watched Now you see me 2. I enjoyed the first very much but this was just cashing in on the first. Storyline was weak, special effects not that great and considering the talented actors in it, the acting was just average.

I don't reccommend it.

ohh noooo... john i was very excited to watch Now you see me 2 , the trailer was good besides of the great actors as you mentioned :S Shocked
well, i guess the first part off all movies is always the best

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:35 am

Sorry Habiba, I was looking forward to it too. Maybe you'll like it.

Last night I watched the first 30 minutes (or so) of Independance Day - Resurgence. Predictable re-hash. Maybe it got better later but I turned it off.

Then Watched Tarzan - I used to enjoy watching him as a child and reading the books. It was another predictable movie but it was watchable.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:36 pm

I also watched Now you see me 2, because I loved the first one and I watched it in a movie theater and I think I liked it (it was a long time ago). So Habiba you should give it a shot! It is very watchable!

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Admin wrote:Sorry Habiba, I was looking forward to it too. Maybe you'll like it.

Last night I watched the first 30 minutes (or so) of Independance Day - Resurgence. Predictable re-hash. Maybe it got better later but I turned it off.

Then Watched Tarzan - I used to enjoy watching him as a child and reading the books. It was another predictable movie but it was watchable.

Very disappointed Sad I will watch it but with less enthusiasm i guess !
oh, yesterday i watched the beauty and the beast after i watched an interview with the actors/actresses that will be casting the movie on 2017. And i was asking myself why producers insist to always reinvent Cinderella while we have a lot of Disney movies.
Watched also the jungle book the movie it was cool.
Films/Movies - what have you watched recently? - Page 3 Imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Foriginal%2F001%2F156%2F398%2F2bc.png&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fknowyourmeme

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Just watched Suicide squad. Enjoyed it. Music was good too. Come on Alex give it a try.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:01 pm

I watched the London has fallen and the intern. Tow different genres: Action for the first and drama/comedy for the second.
And also the famous 2012 movie of Harrison ford , Air force one . Very Happy Very Happy

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:29 am

It was during the last holidays. I've watched Captain Fantastic. This is based on a true story, a mix of  adventure and emotionnal content. The movie was 2 hours longs. But it wasn't boring at all. I really liked it cause this was just simple. No 3d, no war, no super power... just a clear movie based on simple and true facts. You're just focused on feeling the emotions of the different characters and sometimes even feeling them even closer, cause it reminds you something personnal. Wink

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamel O Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:30 am

Last Saturday, I watched Snowden by Oliver Stone with Laure. It is a very interesting movie because i know now that Edward Snowden was a patriot and he was a supporter of George W. Bush ans his politic at the beggining of his career. Snowden was disgusted by methods used by CIA and NSA for scan people, he belives on democracy and bill of rights.

Well, I also know that my webcam can be used remotely by hackers or governemental services over the world to spying me so i put a sticker now, it's not paranoïa it's just a common sense for my privacy.

I recommand all classmates to Watch this movie on theatre quickly, Oliver Stone is a Genius !
Jamel O
Jamel O

Back to top Go down

Post by Salomé P. Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:36 am

Laure wrote:I also watched Now you see me 2, because I loved the first one and I watched it in a movie theater and I think I liked it (it was a long time ago). So Habiba you should give it a shot! It is very watchable!

Of course Now You See Me2 is good to Watch! I think i'm just a big fan of this movies. Even the 1 or 2 they're both great! <3 <3 During my last internship i've passed an entire evening in a Theater for a special night watching the two movies one after another and it was so good! Smile Habiba you've to watched it!

Salomé P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde V. Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:42 am

I agree with both of you: Now you see me is a really nice story, original and fun to watch. The problem with the 2 is not that it's bad, it's just that the one was so good that compare to it, it’s disappointing…
Talking about a second movie that disappointed me a bit is finding Dory. It’s really nice and cute but clearly like finding Nemo!

Mathilde V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde L Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:54 am

mverron wrote:I agree with both of you: Now you see me is a really nice story, original and fun to watch. The problem with the 2 is not that it's bad, it's just that the one was so good that compare to it, it’s disappointing…
Talking about a second movie that disappointed me a bit is finding Dory. It’s really nice and cute but clearly like finding Nemo!

I think it's always the case with number 2 or more of an original and good movie.The risk to be disapointed (by a poor story or actors play) because you liked the previous one. Business is business...

Mathilde L

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde V. Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Yes that's true but there are some number 2 that are good. For instance I like toy story 2, ice age 2, and probably others that I don't remember (sorry for my animations references, I don't find other movies). So it can really depends, but mainly in cartoons the second is more childish and often in movies the second prepares for the third and is less good. Anyway I'm waiting for avatar 2 and the incredibles 2 Very Happy

Mathilde V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:34 pm

I can't wait to see "ALLIED" casted by Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard , a drama,action, romance movie.
And i was surprised and amazed to see how much Leonardo DiCaprio has become more involved in the climate change issue after casting The Revanant and very excited to see Before the Flood Documentary Movie.

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde V. Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:36 pm

Admin wrote:Just watched Suicide squad. Enjoyed it. Music was good too. Come on Alex give it a try.

I just watched it too, excpecting a terrible movie thanks to bad critics it got and finally I really liked it! So don't expect something awesome and you will be nicely surprised Twisted Evil

I saw another movie and this one I really don't advice to watch: Neighbours 2! I liked the first cause it's really fun but the second is sooo dumb! Spare you a bad movie Wink maybe I'll come back on what I said about 2nd movies!

Mathilde V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Watched The interstellar, this science fiction movie is just amazing. I had to watch few scenes twice to understand better the scientific part Very Happy but i enjoyed it.
Also The intern robert deniro in a totally different genre, love it.
I am planning to watch the gladiator this week-end tho <3

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:56 pm

Yeah I enjoyed interstellar and Gladiator was great.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Admin wrote:Watched X-Men Apocalypse last night.

Great film. Every X-men film has been great IMO.

What's the meaning of IMO ?
Yeah every X-men movies are great but I wasn't convinced by the last one. I found it a little goofy. The scenario didn't make sense to me honestly. But i can't deny that the action was pretty cool Smile

Madagascan Lorriane

Birthday : 1992-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next