UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikings - Yann Roland

Go down

Vikings - Yann Roland Empty Vikings - Yann Roland

Post by Yann Roland Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Hello Mister Cox,

I decided to watch "Vikings". I choose this series because I like this history period. Also, it’s a real story and so attract me a lot, the settings are transposed as before. Moreover, the beautiful landscapes in the trailer encouraged me to watch this series.
The main characters are Ragnar Lothbrok, his wife Lagertha and Floki.

Ragnar is a farmer and a formidable warrior Viking, been born for the fight. He is ambitious, audacious, and thirsty for knowledge. However what distinguishes him from other vikings, it is the intelligence and its clear-sightedness. He has a vision on the long term and quickly understands the stakes which settle, as well for him as for his people. He is very religious and carries a big respect in the traditions.

Lagertha is a girl of farmers. She is the Ragnar’s wife and the Björn’s mother, his elder son and successor.
While her husband with his men leaves on the West discovering new lands, she stays at home take care of their children and their farm. She go to the second expedition.
She is appreciated by her population and shows himself wise and intelligent in her decisions.

Floki is a builder of talented boat and also the best friend of Ragnar.
He builds a new model of boat which can navigate for a long time in open sea and which is more fast and adapted to raids. He participates in the first expeditions in England.
It is a strange men but also devoted, of a big loyalty. He is recognized for his wisdom and his intelligence. Also, he is a vocal advocate of the Scandinavian pantheon and his religion.

To conclude my presentation, I am not disappointed by the beginning of this series, and I recommend it to those who would hesitate !

See you soon,
Y.R.

Yann Roland

Back to top Go down

Vikings - Yann Roland Empty Re: Vikings - Yann Roland

Post by Yann Roland Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Season 1 :

The story begin in the village of Kattegat. It is here that live Ragnar Lothbrok, his wife and his son Bjorn. During the first season, Ragnar will become the Jarl of this village instead of Haraldson. Indeed, the Jarl Haraldson does not want that Ragnar goes to plunder England, and especially the monastery Lindisfarne in the Northumbrie’s kingdom. In his return at Kattegat, Haraldson attacks Ragnar and his family in his house. Then they take refuge in the Floki’s house.
A good Ragnar’s friends who is called Torsten, informs Ragnar whom his son Rollo was captured by the Jarl Haraldson. When Ragnar  learns it, a fight to death is organized between them two. Ragnar win and he become the new Jarl of Kattegat. The season ends while the plague strikes the village of Ragnar, and Lagertha tries to calm the gods.

To conclude I liked well the first season. It’s not boring thanks to differents raids in England. Also I was able to discover Nordic’s landscapes, the way of life in these country, the way of getting dressed in history period, etc. Moreover the longship build by Floki are transpose very well. It is not a fantastic story, and that's what I prefer.

Yann Roland

Back to top Go down

Post by Yann Roland Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Hello Mister Cox,

Recently I watched at the first 3 episodes of the season 2. I always like so much this series because there are lot of actions (the landscapes are always so magnificent), even if the periods of dialogue are also numerous, essential to further the plot, reflect and better understand the history. Ragnar and his men attack the western conquest and more exactly a church of Wessex in the episode 3. On the sentimental and family plans, there is also change : the Ragnar’s daughter dies, her son leaves with Lagertha, because Ragnar marries princess Aslaug. With Aslaug, Ragnar have got 3 sons. Ragnar fights also against his brother Rollo. In brief, there is many disruptions in the beginning of this second season. I like the scenario because it is coherent with this period, the events take place in a logical continuity, and the story is far from being boring !

See you soon,
Yann Roland

Yann Roland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down