UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 discussion topic Group 2 - Food

+13
Aurélie Yee
Pochic Morgane
Mégane
Eunhae Park
Nolwenn Lautredou
TIAN Zhekun
joachim natali
Amarande SERRANO
ClémentJaunay
Wissam
Marion.LM
Matthieu Morisset
Admin
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 2 discussion topic Group 2 - Food - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 2 discussion topic Group 2 - Food

Post by Jeremy Massonde Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi !

I hate cook but I have forced myself to make dinner every day... As you understand, I'm not really passionate about this subject but here is some dishes straight from my lovely region, the Basque Country !

The most famous is obviously the Bayonne Ham. This city is know for 2 things, the ham and the "fêtes". Almost everyone in my region eating this ham and for good reason, it's delicious !
I hope you have eaten at least once a good bayonne ham (and not this weird ham sold in Angouleme)

After, the Basque cake is a tasty cake even if I can understand that you did not like it (because of the large dose of butter).

Have a nice WE !
Jeremy Massonde
Jeremy Massonde

Back to top Go down

Week 2 discussion topic Group 2 - Food - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 2 discussion topic Group 2 - Food

Post by Wissam Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Oh my god, each time i come to read others favorite dishes on this topic it makes me hunger. The dishes i'm really fed up about are indeed family dishes, meaning, will a lot of vegetables, some meat, fish or sea fruits, sauce and a touch of exotism with some well selected spices. But i gotta tell you that Junk food is N#2 on my list (kebabs, fast food...) and i'm not so proud about it. So you can say what ever you want, it will always be greater than a kebab !

I wish you all a great Sunday.
Wissam
Wissam

Birthday : 1993-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eunhae Park Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Matthieu Morisset wrote:
Eunhae Park wrote:Hello everybody,

I'm happy to talk about this topic because I love eating world food. Like Joachim I would like to go to an Indian and Pakistaese restaurant here in Angoulême. And like Mathieu I like Mexican food too. I love spicy food in general. I like soft food too, for example Japanese or French ones, especially the bœuf bourguignon, the coq au vin and the confit de canard. I really appreciate to live in France because there is a lot of worldwide restaurants.

I am quite open minded but I would like to understand one thing I see in my neigtborhood supermarket butchery : rabbit cranes to be sold.
For what French speciality is it sold? How this product is cooked?

Some french people eat rabbit skull like they eat the neck of a chicken as an example. It's rather the old generations who eat rabbit skull especially the cheeks.

Thanks Matthieu, now I understand well. Smile

Eunhae Park

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi guys!

I agree with you all and it is really funny to see how passionated people sound when they're talking about their favourite food aha!

I'm not different, I could talk about food for days and i love specialities from the entire world! Such as Matthieu and many of you, i love Mexican and spicy food, I also love Asian food especially the Vietnamese nems (by the way, there is an amazing Vietnamese food seller at the Poitiers market and I've been buying food there since i was a child).

But in my opinion, the best place to eat is Italy and my favourite food is mediterranean food, I've never eaten as well as when I was in Italy and despite what a lot of people think, it is considered by scientists as one of the healthiest food in the world!

Besides this, I haven't seen any of you talking about English food because I know it doesn't have a good reputation, but i used to spend some time with a tipical English family and I have to say they were the best at cooking, they are very open minded about international food and they eat a lot of curry for example which is delicious and quite spicy! (But on the other hand, christmas pudding and gelly are the weirdest things I've ever ate as a dessert...)

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Justine LORIN Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi everybody !

I read your comments and even if it’s almost 2pm, I haven’t eaten yet, so it’s like a torture to read all that !
I’m happy to see that I’m not the only one who has a passion for unhealthy food ^^ Contrary to Mathieu, I don’t like spicy food (too sensitive mouth I think) but I agree with all the comments about Savoyarde food ! Very Happy Raclette is probably the best thing on earth. I think Raclette give happiness and it could be a way to find peace if people would eating raclette than make war, ‘cause everyone love raclette (actually yes, my sister doesn’t, but she’s crazy, I always knew it). Don’t ask why I’m so impatient to be in winter (and so impatient to eat the first raclette) Wink
Otherwise, Amarande spoke about pizza, and definitely, I can’t choose if I prefer Raclette or Pizza. Sure I can eat pizza everyday ! And Nolwenn spoke about crepes bretonnes. I’m from Normandie but doing crepes is my speciality (or the only thing I know how to cook ^^).
Aurélie I’m still waiting for my rainbow cake Razz
Well, time to stop speaking, it makes me being hungrier :’)

P.S. : Yes, now it’s not 2pm anymore, but I was so hungry, I had to stop writing to go eating ^^

Justine LORIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Wissam Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:53 pm

I think Raclette is a good example of what i like in food : sharing a moment with others.
When i was first introduced to Raceltte, it was with my friends, when i was eating a pizza for the fisrt time it was with my family, you really have that kind of sharing in every culture. So when i eat a Raclette or a Tajine, i like it very much and i consider it to be the greatest thing on the moment (cause then you have to digest Very Happy) When i spend a good time, this even doesn't matter.
Wissam
Wissam

Birthday : 1993-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:01 am

Matthieu Morisset wrote:
TIAN Zhekun wrote:I have read all the comments. Indeed, Matthieu, if you like eating spicy foods, i firmly recommend you to try the Chinese hot pot. As a quite popular food (or the most popular food) in China, it has also a great reputation in all foodies' heart. We can find hot pot restaurant in every corner in China, even in Paris, you can also find it. I've tried several hot pot restaurants in Paris, between them i think the restaurant Auciel(锅色天香)is the best. Even though the environment in here is not the best compared with others, but the ambiance is perfect, also, the price is quite friendly for students.
Week 2 discussion topic Group 2 - Food - Page 2 16138711
So what makes the hot pot so attracting? Besides its spicy flavour, the ambiance in the restaurant is another reason. Traditionally there's only one pot on the table, we put the meat and other vegetables in the same pot. During the waiting time, we can talk about many things. So one time when i saw a french man ate alone, i talked with my friend that he only knew the delicacy, but ignored the essence of the hot pot.
(sorry about the terrible grammar, it's been a long time, about 5 years that i didn't write in English seriously)

Thanks for your response Zhekun, I'll definitely try this chinese hot pot, i have the feeling that i'll be in love at first sight. Sadly, i don't really like big cities so i'll try to find one here, hope there will be one and that this one will be good!
I think in the most big cities in France there are hot pot restaurants... but not in Angouleme...
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanny Khader Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:52 pm

Hello everyone !
As Nolwenn and Mathieu I love Mexican food !! Recently I discovered Korean food, Eunhae ! I ate at a restaurant in Bordeaux called Bibibap, I looooove it! Especially the deopbap with fried chicken and rice, the kimchi and the tteok bookeum with sweet potato. It was absolutely amazing, if you go to Bordeaux you need to go there !! For Mexican food I did a brunch with a recipe called Huevos Rancheros with avocado, cheese, eggs, beans, peppers and tortillas : perfect match.
Week 2 discussion topic Group 2 - Food - Page 2 Adress12
Fanny Khader
Fanny Khader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2