UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Park

+3
Clémence Giraud
Admin
Eunhae Park
7 posters

Go down

South Park Empty South Park

Post by Eunhae Park Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello !

I would like to talk about South Park that is a TV show I've discovered in France some years ago.

South Park is an animated series featuring four foul-mouthed 4th graders, Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman. The show is set in the Colorado town of South Park where weird things keep happening.

At its beginning the show was very crude but it is now following American society evolution in order to criticize it. For example, last seasons were written around Donald Trump's election and social media addiction.

Do you watch this show ? what is your favourite episode ?

South Park Southp11

Eunhae Park

Back to top Go down

South Park Empty Re: South Park

Post by Admin Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:52 am

I found it too crude and aimed at a target audience of which I wasn't a part so never watched it again. Some of my less mature friends loved it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:27 pm

I love southpark, it is one of my favorite series ! It is so funny Very Happy but more of that I love this serie because it point at the default and evils of our modern society like in religion, racism, politics, and all the other human stupidity ! The episodes amplified the reality and that raised awarness of the absurdity of some situations we faced today. So I don't agree with you Mr Admin, we have to be mature to understand the message of this serie and in my opinion it is crude, yes, but to denounce the absurdity of the world of today.
Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 am

I totally agree with you Clémence. I love South Park since high school. I think this show, besides of being rude, is really clever and points out modern society's issues. It's a relevant satirical cartoon. For instance, the caracter of Cartman (who's a total asshole) is a great caricature to show how intolerance ans racism could be silly.
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenaelle Hatchi Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:11 pm

« Some of my less mature friends loved it ». So I am less mature ? Yeah maybe  Laughing .

But I agree with my classmate, I think south park reveals important points about society.

For example the game released (2016) shows the racism: where the skin color adds difficulty (the more we are black, the game will be more difficult).

South Park South_10
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Gwenaelle Hatchi

Back to top Go down

Post by ClémentJaunay Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 am

I love South Park, like all american parodies (American Dad, The Simpsons, Futurama, Rick & Morty...).

It denounces the deviances of the world like racism, individualism, discriminations ... and spreads messages about diversity and tolerances.

It's trash and totally absurd, but I think it's efficient.

ClémentJaunay

Back to top Go down

Post by joachim natali Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:54 am

Hi everyone,

I like south park, but sometime it's very trash and hard.
I appreciate that it is talk about real facts of the current society.
joachim natali
joachim natali

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down