UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 Group 1 - Music

+11
Manon Bonnaffous
Florine Bouchet
Gendry Marceline
Clémence Giraud
maelys fouche
Gwenaelle Hatchi
marie brachet
Virginie Auclair
BROSSET Céline
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth
Admin
15 posters

Go down

Week 6 Group 1 - Music Empty Week 6 Group 1 - Music

Post by Admin Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 pm

A special request by Eudes. So you can put up a youtube clip or talk about the benefits of music or cultural aspects or the negative aspects. Anything you want....
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Group 1 - Music Empty Re: Week 6 Group 1 - Music

Post by Eudes de Geyer d'Orth Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:58 pm

I am really happy to speak about music with all of you this week.
Their is many things to say about it and it is an opportunity to know us more Smile

Music have an important place in my life. I listen lot of music and i love search and find new song. I always have the need to hear new things. One of the activity i prefer when i listen to music is to find new artists and make them discover to my friends.

I practice music, i play a little guitar, a little drum, and piano. I learned to play these instruments by watching tutorial on youtube.
I also play electronic instruments. These instruments are reserved to do techno and house music. I use them to create my own music or to play electronic music during live session.

Here an exemple of a live session with a very talented artist who have the same instruments as me :

I mostly listen techno and house music, but i am really open minded and listen a great majority of kind of music.
I going to present you a short list of my favorite artist and song :

1) Queen

For me, Queen is one of the greatest band of all time. They began to have success in 1970 and when you listen their song today it is still as good as the beginning.
Freddy Mercury, was the greatest showman who was born on earth. He had a perfect voice. We can say that Freddy was an opera singer in a rock band. He is unfortunately dead of the AIDS just one day after he annonced that he had this disease Crying or Very sad Bless you Freddy, i hope to meet you in an other life.

My favorite song of Queen is "don't stop me now" who is a very emotional and energic song. I always want to listen it again and again.

2) Jamie XX

Jamie XX is a member of the famous band The XX. I love his music, he have his own style between rock, pop and electonic music. He do really emotinal music and when you listen it, it's a real trip.

My favorite song of him is "Gosh". It is a sound that i would have wanted to produce i was a musician. The sound can be weird during the first listening but i love it (it is my favorite song). When you listen the beginning and the end of this song it's really two different song. So just listen it and let you take by "Gosh"
(the video clip was made by romain Gravas, a famous french film director. He have a strange univers but i like it)

3) Ibrahim Maalouf

He is the greatest trumpet player of the history. He is better than Miles Devis or Louis Amstrong and SURPRISE : he is French !
His music is always beautiful and creative. You can like Metal, electronic, rap or jazz music, but i think you can't love Ibrahim Maalouf.

So i present you (in my opinion) his most beautiful song :

4) Marshall Jefferson

Marshall Jefferson Was one of the first musician how discovered and created house music. This man is a real legend and witout him the today's music would not exist. His music is always groovy and when you listen it you just want to dance Very Happy

So let enjoy on this perfect song :

5) Fasme

This artist is not famous, he is one of my personal find. He is a small breton musician but i have a great talent. He create house music and do live session like me. I hope to have his live music one day.

Here on of his bes live, i listen it everyday since a month Razz

6) Jacques

Jacques is the most stranger artist of this list. He have a really weird haircut and he always speak slowly with strange word. We can say that he has his own univers Laughing
But this man is a real genius, he has the perfect ear, he can recognize a music note just by ear it. So he decided to creat music with today life object like a bike, a cup or a spoon.
This is a real musician ! Cool

I hope you enjoy my post, tell me if you like the music of this list i'd happy to propose you more Smile
I can't wait to see your proposition of music
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Eudes !
Music is a nice topic !
I'm fond of music too. I practiced piano during 9 years (I've stopped last year because of my moving to Poitiers), and opera (since 6 years).
Queen is a mythic band, I love it ! However, I see that we don't share the same tastes. I might seem "old school" but I mainly like old rock bands/singers, like Pink Floyd, Echo & The Bunnymen, Deep Purple, David Bowie...
I also listen to folk music, some "metal" (progressive, symphonic and atmospheric for the most), classic and french variety (J.Brel mainly).
I can't hear "rnb" or "rap" music although I agree on the fact that some rap singers are good and relevant (the're just a few for me, but...still some of them are really talented and have things to say). I just can't listen to that kind of music. I quite like reggae, but I'm not a huge fan of this style.
Then, I'm interesting in cinema's music and composers.

And John, about the word "décliner", I found "weaker" as a translation. Is that correct ?
Have a nice day ! :p
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Eudes de Geyer d'Orth Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:44 pm

BROSSET Céline wrote:Hi Eudes !
Music is a nice topic !
I'm fond of music too. I practiced piano during 9 years (I've stopped last year because of my moving to Poitiers), and opera (since 6 years).
Queen is a mythic band, I love it ! However, I see that we don't share the same tastes. I might seem "old school" but I mainly like old rock bands/singers, like Pink Floyd, Echo & The Bunnymen, Deep Purple, David Bowie...
I also listen to folk music, some "metal" (progressive, symphonic and atmospheric for the most), classic and french variety (J.Brel mainly).
I can't hear "rnb" or "rap" music although I agree on the fact that some rap singers are good and relevant (the're just a few for me, but...still some of them are really talented and have things to say). I just can't listen to that kind of music. I quite like reggae, but I'm not a huge fan of this style.

And John, about the word "décliner", I found "weaker" as a translation. Is that correct ?

Good to see that you think music is a good topic Celine What a Face
It's a pity that you stop praticed piano just because of Angouleme ... But don't you have a little synthetizer to continue to play piano in Charente ?
Opera ?! Really ?! affraid I can't wait to hear your beautiful voice, you might have the same voice as Freddy Mercury Cool

Yes, we like different style but it is the best part of the music : we can make discover new style and new artist each other.
I like oldschool rock band too, i have old vinyl of Pink Floyd, Nirvana or the Rolling Stones and i love listen them with a very loud sound when i am alone in my home cheers
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:01 pm

BROSSET Céline wrote:Hi Eudes !
Music is a nice topic !

I thought deterioration was a better translation at the time.

I like your list of British Rock groups.

Bowie is a legend, Pink Floyd are awesome, Echo and the bunnymen were cool. I especially like progressive rock - so early Genesis, the Flower Kings, Par Lindh project. Were you wearing a Therion T shirt yesterday. I quite liked them after they became symphonic metal (not so much doom metal), I saw them live a few years ago (maybe with Moonspell in Bordeaux) though they wouldn't be in my favourite 500 groups.

Eudes is that really you in the electronic live session?

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie Auclair Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 am

Eudes at the next party I want you to play your music, to see if you play well tongue

I love music, I listen so often in my car to sing with my beautiful voice lol! but also at home, I listen to very different styles, but I do not really like the metal ..
I'm not very difficult I like the music of the radio but it's not what I listen alone at home. at the moment I really like Brazilian or Spanish music, but especially all the music from 2000 to 2010 I think it's the best, the pace is better than today ..
and of course I love Beyonce, it may be cliché but she has a beautiful voice even without retouching and instruments.

I like this one currently, I discovered it not long ago but she date of 3 years ago.
Virginie Auclair
Virginie Auclair

Back to top Go down

Post by Eudes de Geyer d'Orth Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Admin wrote:

I thought deterioration was a better translation at the time.

I like your list of British Rock groups.

Bowie is a legend, Pink Floyd are awesome, Echo and the bunnymen were cool. I especially like progressive rock - so early Genesis, the Flower Kings, Par Lindh project. Were you wearing a Therion T shirt yesterday. I quite liked them after they became symphonic metal (not so much doom metal), I saw them live a few years ago (maybe with Moonspell in Bordeaux) thought they wouldn't be in my favourite 500 groups.

Eudes is that really you in the electronic live session?

Unfortunately it is not me in the electronic live session, but i create the same kind of music. John, I can film myself during a live session to show you my skills if you want Rolling Eyes
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth

Back to top Go down

Post by marie brachet Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi Smile
Like Virginie, I like all types of music, I listen different types of music except opera and metal. I listen music all the time, often on the radio: when I'm driving, when I'm doing my homeworks, when I'm doing sport or the morning before to go to the cepe, it helps me to wake up. However, I have préférences for r'n'b, reggae and reggaeton Wink

marie brachet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenaelle Hatchi Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:41 am

marie brachet wrote:Hi Smile
Like Virginie, I like all types of music, I listen different types of music except opera and metal. I listen music all the time, often on the radio: when I'm driving, when I'm doing my homeworks, when I'm doing sport or the morning before to go to the cepe, it helps me to wake up. However, I have préférences for r'n'b, reggae and reggaeton Wink

Hey..! Me too Very Happy, I love this topic and I like all types of music. For me, it's allow to evacuate his pression or it's allow to be happy during a moment. I always use music when I run or I do exercice because I forget the pain.
Gwenaelle Hatchi
Gwenaelle Hatchi

Back to top Go down

Post by maelys fouche Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi Smile

I like music too, how is life without music? Music is hapiness and freedom...
I love many kinds of music like techno, rock, jazz, funk and soul, etc. I don't have any favourites songs because I'm quite open with all kinds of musics. I also listen music in my car, at home and with my friends when I'm partying for example. I like old rock like the Doors, Dire Straits, The runaways, Joan Jett, etc. I also discovered reggaeton in Peru when I visited this country. At the beginning I was not receptive to this king of music, but the culture made me loved reggaeton. And people are soo enjoy and they dance so well so you can not resist to follow the "move". lol!

However I don't like zumba, it's not because it is bad music it's just because I don't feel well on this music. Also, heavy metal is hard for me to listen.
maelys fouche
maelys fouche

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Hey ! Nice topic, thanks Eudes. Electro is not my cup of tea but I love Ibrahim Maalouf !!
I think the life would be so boring without music, I like listen to music in every places especially... in my car Very Happy
I like to go to some festivals like the Freemusic in Montendre where I saw the groups Deluxe, Vald, or Synapson, I don't know if some of you know..
My favorites groups are Oasis (but also now Noel and Liam Gallagher), Coldplay and U2. So, yes I'm a fan of rock and pop rock.
Recently I went in Paris to see Coldplay and it was AMAZING !!
I would like to see Oasis but the group is broken... but today, if you don't know what to, Liam Gallagher is in concert in the FranceInter radio to present his new album "Who built the moon".
I want you to listen two of my favorite music, so enjoy (At the concert in Manchester after the terrorist attack in the Ariana Grande concert WiTH my two favorite singer) :

Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Gendry Marceline Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi,
Like all of you I like music. Like Virginie I listen to all music styles, except hard rock or metal, because I do not know anything about it.
Like Celine, I practiced an instrument for 7 years, guitar. But unfortunately today I do not play anymore.

I like to listen to music without words when I work, it helps me to concentrate. At the moment I'm listening to this mix:
Gendry Marceline
Gendry Marceline

Back to top Go down

Post by Florine Bouchet Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi everybody ! 

I like listening music particularly when I'm taking a bath et when I'm driving !!! 

I love TV show like X factor and "Nouvelle Star" since I am little.

I put you here a performance of my favorite candidate in an old season of X factor USA who sings "Listen" of Queen B... bounce  

And also an excerpt of the audition of a candidate that I liked so much last week in "Nouvelle Star" broadcast on the channel M6 every Wednesday night. If you like discovering new talents I advise you to watch it : Nouvelle Star

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as me Smile

Florine Bouchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Bonnaffous Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm also very happy to talk about music, I like all styles of music but I have some preferences, I really like the 80s, I was listening to that already with my parents when I was little and I continue again, I love this style because it is timeless we can sing and dance on it and it brings together all ages
I also like the French variety, the hits of the moment ...
My father-in-law made me listen to Bob Marley when I was little and I listen to it again I like a lot
I like songs with text that tell a story
Since I'm dancing, I also listen to a lot of Latin and Oriental music
And finally, I listen to French rap with Big Flo and Oli I really like their musical style, their songs mean things, there are strong lyrics and that's what I like !
I listen to music when I'm at home, in my bathroom and in my car when I drive or when I go on weekends, the music is very important in my life it's remotive when it's not too much Smile
My song of the moment :

Manon Bonnaffous

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea AROSTEGUY Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi guys !

Manon, I agree with you !!! Big Flo & Oli are awesome ! I love their songs, my favourite song is this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRnB4iaDIb0

But I like all songs !
This : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EyoKfM2Bv4

Or this song release in their second album that I loooove too :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0R_hPxBtnk&index=6&list=RDUMlLcjpzzjc

Otherwise, I listen every kind of music, I like electro, pop, rock even classic and jazz...
I'm not complicated but I dislike all music when the song is like "boom boom" as metal, hard rock, techno... It's not my cup of tea Razz
Andrea AROSTEGUY
Andrea AROSTEGUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi friends !

I've read all your comments. Their is so many different style, but some kinds of music are very difficult to listen. For example, Eudes, the fact is that their isn't any lyrics... so when we listen it for the first time, i think it's a little bit agressive. But I don't judge what's you are listening !

Differently, Marceline, I like your video but that's the same thing than Eudes... their isn't lyrics. But that's sound very relaxing. I admire the capacity of listening to music and work at the same time. Congratulations !

For my part, I just want to present you my favorite Artiste : Ariana Grande. So many people know my opinion about this singer, but I just want to explain why prisicely by this video. I love what she sing and what she is.

As we can hear, her voice is very clear! She's the same in real life Wink Enjoy it king

Last edited by Vincent Balthazar on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vincent Balthazar
Vincent Balthazar

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Eudes, Hi Mister Admin,
I'm way too much shy Eudes, I think that unfortunetaly you'll never have the chance to hear my wonderful voice ! afro Pity for you ! (joke) Even my parents and my closest friends barely have the possibility of hearing my voice (only in concerts actually). I stopped the piano because I didn't have enough time last year in poitiers to practice, and I don't have a keyboards, so.... I felt discouraged.
Yeaaah John, you rule ! I'm glad to read that you know about Therion. I also love their "doom metal" 'period and I think the composer of the group is very talented. I saw them in live Lyon in 2012, and He signed all my CDs Smile I was very excited !
Have a nice day ! Smile
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Solène Bergier Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi guys,
I think music is a good way to express ourselves or to feel things thanks to emotions of the composer. I 've never play instrument but i would have play piano. I love listening music, find which one matchs with my feelings and buy the way i can danse on it. I am almost listening everything. Actually I particularly listen classic and opera ballet.

Solène Bergier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayra Fernandes Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:03 pm

I'm sorry John, I completly forgot to post in here.

So, I also love music but I don't know too much about bands and stuff. I usually like pop and pop rock and what is playing on the radio. On the other hand I'm addicted to music reality shows, like The Voice and XFactor, I watched a lot of seasons and discovered a lot of really good artists because of them.

For now, my favorite bands are Maroon 5, The Chainsmokers and Of Monster and Men. I was lucky to see Maroon 5 live in concert two times and it was awesome. Last year also went to Rock in Rio, which is the biggest music event in Brazil, and I saw Queen and Rihanna.

When I was young, I played the piano for some time, but I think I don't really have the talent for music.

Mayra Fernandes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down