UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 Group 1 Music/Favourite artist

+13
Emma Brancourt
Admin
Martial.Avérous
Florian Kasprzak
Chloé Fuselier
Sahar Chehabeddine
Marina Boisedu
MaéA
Lucas
Amandine. G
amandine.A
julie
cloe.delmarle
17 posters

Go down

Week 4 Group 1 Music/Favourite artist Empty Week 4 Group 1 Music/Favourite artist

Post by Admin Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:43 pm

If a track isn't longer than 20 minutes it's not worth listening too Razz

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

cloe.delmarle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Group 1 Music/Favourite artist Empty Re: Week 4 Group 1 Music/Favourite artist

Post by cloe.delmarle Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:56 pm

My favorite artist is a musician called Yann Tiersen. He is french and his main activity is to compose songs and play them. I believe that he is a really good piano player. He is quite famous in France because he made the original music of a really known moovie : Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain. Basically this moovie is one of my favorite, and I really love the music which is played. Actually Yann Tiersen comes from the same town as me and I met him once : We passed our boating licence together ! Laughing

I really recommend you this one song : https://youtu.be/okE6M78TL_0 Wink

cloe.delmarle

Admin and MaéA like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Group 1 Music/Favourite artist Empty Re: Week 4 Group 1 Music/Favourite artist

Post by julie Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:45 am

My favorite artist is Ariana Grande. She is a famous American singer and I love almost all her songs. I started listening to her several years ago when she was less known than today and I haven't stopped since. I went to see her twice in concerts in Paris and both shows were amazing. I love her style of music , it is more like pop and RnB . I like her personality , she is a hard worker and she's really strong mentally after all that she's been through ( terrorist attack , ...). She is actually a coach in "The Voice" USA this year.

There are so much songs that I like but I would recommend you this song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj4-SIa9bbk

julie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:51 am

Music it is a big part of my life since my childhood i was rocked by music thank to my family. In Reunion Island usually people listen to our local music called "Maloya" and "Séga" they also love Reggae. Maloya is a type of music that honour the salvation memories espacially on 20th December, the vibes are really impressive and when you are the music you just want to dance. When I was a child I really liked to stay with my aunties and uncles when they started to sing and play the instruments. There is an example of Maloya song which talk about how in Reunion Island there are different culture and religion.

However, I grow up and I discover other type of musics. My favorite artists are Justin Bieber, BTS (방탄소년단) and Seventeen (세븐틴), I really like their songs. I fall in love with a song when I can relate to the lyrics (and when I cry because of it haha Cool) but I really love a lot of their songs because they are meaningful for me. They are also my favorite artists because they work hard to give us their fans good songs and when I saw them in concert it feels like home. I would recommend you to listen their albums Justice (JB), LOVE YOURSELF: Tear (BTS) and An Ode (Seventeen). Nowadays I am in the mood to fight people so there is the song which match with my mood.
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin and Emma Brancourt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine. G Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:53 pm

My favourite artist is Orelsan, whose true name is Aurélien Cotentin. I knew him when he was with Gringe to form the group "Casseurs Flowters". Even if his lyrics have been controversial sometimes, I like his style and his music because I find that its lyrics make you think a lot about the vision of the world, social norms and daily life.

A film "Montre jamais ça à personne" is currently available on Prime Video. The images tell his youth and early career. These last were captured by his brother. I'm also impatient to listening to his fourth album “Civilisation”.

Il recommend you this song, my favourite : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUyxCuyxnqo

Amandine. G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:10 pm

Actually I have two favorite artists, both singers of course. One is French, the other comes from the United States. The French one is Angèle, she’s not really French, she’s Belgian actually but she sings in French. I have to mention that I particularly hate French music, don’t ask me why, but I simply don’t like them. Angèle is a goddess, I’m crazy about her and her songs, making me like French music is a tough one hun and she made it. I love her voice, the meaning of the lyrics, well everything. There isn’t even ONE song that I don’t like from her playlist and that’s not common.
The American one is Dua Lipa, she’s an English pop singer, she’s beautiful, amazing and I love the rhythm in all her songs. Just like Angèle, there is not one song that I dislike.
Extra point is that they made a song together, unexpected but extremely wished and I was talking about how hard I wished it to my friends. Some day, my best friend came up to me in a message saying that Dua Lipa and Angèle released a song together named “Fever”. It has become my most listened title on Spotify since that day, more than a song, an anthem for me. Yes, I’m completely overreacting and I may exaggerate a little, but I do love this song. My two favorite artists in the same Master piece was just the icing on the cake.

Here’s the link where you can listen to it : https://youtu.be/vs61OHs2g-w
Enjoy!

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:01 pm

My favorite music is "can't help falling in love" by Elvis Presley. I like the lyric. It is so cute. I believe that he speaking about the true love. Also I like the melody. I adore songs of this period. But Elvis Presley is not my favorite artist. He is a good artist and I really like those songs. I have not a favorite artist. Because I don't know artists, personally. And there are not artists that I like particular, who stand out from the crowd, in the music topic.
(But I like art. I studied art in high school. I like Rodin (a sculpter). He is my favorite artist, but he was a sculpter, therefore not a songer.)
Anyway, I advise you to listen "can't help falling in love" by Elvis Presley. Except if you are single and hopeless in love topic. So, if you are single, hopeless in love topic or angry with your "darling", listen Patrick Sebastien, it is funny.

If you want to listen Elvis : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGJTaP6anOU

Good holidays everybody !

MaéA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Boisedu Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:25 pm

One of my favourite artist is YOASOBI from Japan. Her voice is so pure and clear that it always reminds me of a chirping bird.
Most of her songs take inspiration from real stories that people shared with her or from fictional ones that have a special meaning to her. Not only are the lyrics obviously well-written but also for lack of better words they tend to "emotionally punch you in the face."
It's something very peculiar in Japan's pop as songs with dark themes / sad meanings are performed on cute upbeat melodies.
How she delivers it all is magic to my ears and it's in part due to the lyrics' rythm which falls right onto the beat (makes me recall Japanese's proper diction). Moreover she is utterly beautiful.

Here is a live take of one of her songs (it's recorded in one take only) and the subtitles are in english if you want to read them :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaA6NlH80wg

There's truly too many to chose from.... OK, Another one of my favourite artist is Kenshi Yonezu, from Japan as well. The intrumental arrangements of his songs are so distinctive of his art, it fascinates me beyong words.
His repertoire goes from pop/rock songs to deep emotional ballades. The latter often reminds me of how insignificant our lives are within the great scheme of things, that we have to cherish our loved ones and never be afraid to own our life. It encourages me to not be ashamed of my experiences no matter how painful some may be and that despite the many odds we do encounter along the journey, we should always be grateful to have.. that chance at life that others may not have or may not have anymore.
I love to challenge myself to try and sing along the fast singing / rap parts of his and Eve's (another japanese artists) songs. It's fun and relaxing after a long day.
He is the man you'll see dancing esthetically but kinda weardly in his mvs x).
Here are two of my favourite songs from him, the first one was written for the movie "the children of the sea" and the other one is comparing the charms of a woman to those of a flamingo (there are english subtitles here too):  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s84rIhPuhk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh6dkL1M9DM

Take care everyone !

Marina Boisedu

Admin and Emma Brancourt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:43 pm

So my favorite music genre is rock/metal. Rock'n'Roll was originated in the 1950s and then developed into different range of styles in the 1960s and the 1970s. It's based around amplified instruments, especially the electric guitar and electric bass, and is characterized by a strong bass line. Two of the most known rock bands are The Beatles and Pink Floyd.

I mainly love thing genre of music because I admire deep edged voices and the heaviness of the electric guitar, drums and cellos.
There are many rock bands that I like for example: Apocalyptica, Breaking Benjamin, Metallica, Three Days Grace, Five Finger Death Punch and many others. I honestly cannot choose one over the other.
But, one of my favorite songs is "The sound of silence" cover by Disturbed. The song was originally sang by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel in 1964.
«This is a song about the inability of people to communicate with each other» said Garfunkel during a live performance. The lyrics and the meaning behind this song is so deep and strong.

Enjoy!

Sahar Chehabeddine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:49 am

Sahar Chehabeddine wrote:So my favorite music genre is rock/metal. Rock'n'Roll was originated in the 1950s and then developed into different range of styles in the 1960s and the 1970s. It's based around amplified instruments, especially the electric guitar and electric bass, and is characterized by a strong bass line. Two of the most known rock bands are The Beatles and Pink Floyd.

I mainly love thing genre of music because I admire deep edged voices and the heaviness of the electric guitar, drums and cellos.
There are many rock bands that I like for example: Apocalyptica, Breaking Benjamin, Metallica, Three Days Grace, Five Finger Death Punch and many others. I honestly cannot choose one over the other.
But, one of my favorite songs is "The sound of silence" cover by Disturbed. The song was originally sang by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel in 1964.
«This is a song about the inability of people to communicate with each other» said Garfunkel during a live performance. The lyrics and the meaning behind this song is so deep and strong.

Enjoy!

The original is one of my favourite songs too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sahar Chehabeddine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:39 am

I love music so it's very complicated for me to choose a favourite band or artist, but one I love is Linkin Park. For as long as I can remember, I've always listened to this band. It's a family affair because we all know their albums by heart, which allows us to do great concerts in the car during long trips. Laughing I am unable to choose the song I prefer from this band because I find them all good. I also really like the aesthetic that the band puts in place in the clips of its songs and on the different elements of communication (album cover, merch). I would have loved to see them in concert, unfortunately because of the death of the lead singer, the band doesn’t perform anymore, and even if it wouldn’t be the same.

Chloé Fuselier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:50 am

Chloé Fuselier wrote:I love music so it's very complicated for me to choose a favourite band or artist, but one I love is Linkin Park. For as long as I can remember, I've always listened to this band. It's a family affair because we all know their albums by heart, which allows us to do great concerts in the car during long trips. Laughing  I am unable to choose the song I prefer from this band because I find them all good. I also really like the aesthetic that the band puts in place in the clips of its songs and on the different elements of communication (album cover, merch). I would have loved to see them in concert, unfortunately because of the death of the lead singer, the band doesn’t perform anymore, and even if it wouldn’t be the same.

Yeah, the lead singer dying always makes a live gig difficult. geek
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Kasprzak Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:25 pm

Let me be clear, I love to talk about music and there is so many artists I wanted to talk about, I could talk about my favorite artist MF DOOM, a british rapper and producer always wearing a metal mask on his face and who have a story life worth of the greatest villains. I could talk about the australian band King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard and their 5 albums in one year each one in a different style of music (this is madness…). I could also talk about George Duke, my favorite funk musician, or I could talk about few city pop artists, a Japanese mouvement from the seventies that I don’t know a lot about. But finally I choose to talk about Dido. « Who is Dido ? » You ask, I respond « How dare you ? » DIDO IS THE GREATEST SINGER OF ALL TIME OBVIOUSLY.

Let me tell you why, not only in my point of view, but in an objective way. First of all she’s get the best second name in the world : Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong. Dido is a british singer from London,we can find in this music many shapes of sounds like acoustic guitar, a little of hip hop inspiration, a little of rock and the best voice of all time. I choose to put a focus on one album in particular in the Dido’s career, her first album : No Angel (1999). (The title is a lie because she was born at Christmas)

But, if No Angel is the best album of the best singer, this means that No Angel is the best album of all time ?

The answer is not that hard : Yes. First of all, all the songs in this album have a particularity : We can listen any of these songs in a positive mood after a great day, or crying like a baby in his bed all along the day thinking about his ex. To me, this album will stay as a synonym of travels, when my dad listened this masterpiece with my family moving towards the beautiful landscapes of Ardèche or of the Pyrenees. And I think that everyone can find his own feeling listening this album. In fact, I think that any music of this album have a place in any romance or buddy movie of the 2000’s. And this aspect come especially from de voice of Dido which is in that style of powerful and unique voice which can turn a beautiful song into an epic song. Even the rapper Eminem was so deeply charmed by this masterpiece than I wanted take one of the Dido’s song to make into his title Stan which have a sample of Thank You. Even Eminem admits the greatness of Dido. And if you are just an electro music fan, and you just want to dance at the club with your friends, don’t worry ! Because this album contains a nine minute remix of the title Thank You which is a bloody banger !

In conclusion I obviously recommend this entire album and every songs of Dido (except the banger) because it’s a masterpiece. (I remind you that all of this arguments are totally objective.

The link to the masterpiece : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Qm2MNPKoc&list=PLIdURQTUMHqKqU9LF3ktXhxaTkIPUGFEy

But if you are a progressive rock fan, I recommend you to listen (and watch) this until the end I hope you’ll enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St0sm-pyQok

Florian Kasprzak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:39 pm

Since my childhood, I'm a huge fan of rock music and every of his subgenre. Right now I'm really into metalcore and punk, but I'm listenning everything from classic prog (King Crimson, Rush..) to modern death metal (Slaughter to prevail, Whitechapel..). I discover this music at 5 when I played Tony hawks pro skater, the soundtrack was including a lot of rock and a particular song of AC/DC. Because of this song I started to play music very young which influenced my whole life. That's the reason why I choose this famous song (and because the rest of my playlist will probably just seems weird or scare you to death Wink )

Martial.Avérous

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:28 am

ah! King Crimson

or a clip from the 60's

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Brancourt Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:40 pm

My favourite artist is Shawn Mendes. He is a Canadian singer and some of his famous songs are Treat you better, There’s nothing holding me back or Stitches. I discover him thanks to a friend when I was in high school and I fall in love with his texts, the way he sings, the melody of most of his songs, … I know by heart all his songs and I still listen to him today, his old songs still in my playlist for many years. The lyrics that he uses in his songs touch me in heart almost every time. I am a huge fan (BUT I’m not a hysterical fan). In fact, I choose him because I never had a favourite artist. There’s a lot of singer and band that I love but I’ve never been a “fan” of someone. Shawn Mendes is the first artist I follow for many years. I dream about seeing him perform in concert.

Emma Brancourt

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:46 pm

I love music, it accompanies me everywhere, (in the bus, in my room, in the shower ...) I am an unconditional fan. I like and listen to all types of music (jazz, soul, rap, house ...) going from Etta James and her " At Last " from the 60's to Dua Lipa and her latest song with Elton John " Cold Heart ", a transition which I admit, can seem brutal. Moreover, I also love music sung in French, English, Spanish or even Italian (I must confess, I have a soft spot for those in Spanish which remind me of my origins). That's why it's very difficult for me to choose an artist and a music in particular, being an adapter of so many universes and varied styles; I would like to talk about so many artists that I adore (Michael Jackson, The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, Tayc ...) !!! If I refer to what I listen the most at the moment, I will choose to put forward the Nigerian singer and composer Burna Boy, and his two song, impossible to separate : "On the Low" and "Collateral Damage". Known for his patois-influenced style, with a voice reminiscent of African legends, he is a versatile musician who regularly mixes dance-hall, Afrobeat, RnB and hip-hop. Here, what I really appreciate in these two song is their Afro-tinged rhythm that puts me in a good mood to start the day and makes me want to dance (I love that !) while partying with my friends.

If you want to have fun with Burna Boy :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecl8Aod0Tl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XogujO9Cuko

cdelage11

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:17 pm

I don't have a favourite artist or a favourite music or style of music. I particularly like pop, rock and reggae, yes it's not the same, but I like different kinds of music, it's by period, I can have a period where I'll only listen to reggae and a period where it's only pop for example.
As far as artists are concerned, I don't have a favourite one, I like several artists depending on what they do and I won't necessarily like all their works. For example I like the English band Alt-J, but I don't listen to them at the moment and I don't necessarily like all their music.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:06 am

As far as music is concerned, I don't have a favourite artist and I mainly listen to original soundtracks (OST). These ost are either from video games I played or from anime series I mainly watched.
As far as anime series are concerned, I listen for example to Aliez (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L92BEWH_p2c) or Vogel im käfig (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Drfcw8f3Bs), music composed by Sawano Hiroyuki, a composer I particularly appreciate because he has his own style.
He also composed music for video games like Xenoblade Chronicle x for which he composed the whole soundtrack. Here are some examples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8pFzQ1lyF8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59iwBYDYcw

Then as other composers that I appreciate, there are also the composers of the nier music of which Keiichi Okabe is the producer and also one of the composers. Here are also some examples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ady--PNMsfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUNDQWkGXQ

As another composer I like to listen to, I would also add Yoko Shimomura with mainly her work on Finfal Fantasy 15. Here are some examples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWBbjcZ5ko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGxgMnzNwM

And finally, I will add the composers of the xenoblade chronicles 2 music, which for the most part are great. Here are some examples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2JI18ByvU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdqGq0rZ5LU

GrégoryB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Group 1 Music/Favourite artist Empty OOps I forgot to post so I do it now

Post by LéaC Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:27 pm

My favorite music artist is Joe Hisaishi who composed most of the musics in Hayao Miyazaki's movies. I love all his musics but my favorite is one from "Spirited Away" film, the Name of Life : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMboypSkj3c. I like listen to it when I'm chilling at home or even when I work. I really like the moods that these musics create and it makes me want to learn the piano. I remember when I lived in Lyon I could go to one of his concerts, it was incredible.

LéaC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down