UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion topic 4 - Halloween and other festivals

+20
noemie michenot
Nathan Raveraud
Ribault Geoffrey
Hugo Daunas
Joris
Poitou Baptiste
Vincent CHOLLET
Tmaulin
Emma Goichon
Hugo Seugnet
TIRET Cédric
lisa.chivot
Valentine Berron
lucas dollo
Jason-dmt
emma bony
Cloé
Christian FLANNERY
Pierre CORAZZA
GAILLARD Marin
24 posters

Go down

Discussion topic 4 - Halloween and other festivals Empty Discussion topic 4 - Halloween and other festivals

Post by GAILLARD Marin Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:48 pm

Halloween, halloween... with the Jack-o-Lantern. What a curious way to celebrate the dead. Probably one of the best moment when I was young, because I could eat a lot of candies without receiving any comments. Today it's more about watching horror movies and eating pop corn... but I still enjoy Halloween through my little brother. But I won't lie, distributing candy to every children who knock at my house is quite boring, when the 5412th knock I just want to be the next day. To finish I will say that's another reason to go out with friends and party so let's continue !

GAILLARD Marin

Back to top Go down

Discussion topic 4 - Halloween and other festivals Empty Topic 4 about festivals

Post by Pierre CORAZZA Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Start with Halloween

Halloween is the day of the dead. It make me think of many things, scaring the children by decorated houses, walking into the streets with a scary disquise, giving candies to childrens or stealing their candy if we are pretty scray to do that. But we can also lock up childrens at home in order to kill them !!!! MOUAHAHAHAHAH !!!! I'm joking John, *or not*.

Then Christmas

The day to see our familly, explainning our love to other person, and we have to wait the night between the 24th and the 25th at 00h00 to have ou cbristmas gift. And basicaly Catholic celebrate the born of Jesus Christ. But all his belief.

The new Year

So, it's a good reason to drunk a lot of alcohol, and spend time with our firends party. Or to reasonable person to eat with family and drink wine.

And that's all for me, i let other people explain what they want about other festivals.
Pierre CORAZZA
Pierre CORAZZA

Birthday : 1998-10-07

Back to top Go down

Discussion topic 4 - Halloween and other festivals Empty Re: Discussion topic 4 - Halloween and other festivals

Post by Christian FLANNERY Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm

GAILLARD Marin wrote:Halloween, halloween... with the Jack-o-Lantern. What a curious way to celebrate the dead. Probably one of the best moment when I was young, because I could eat a lot of candies without receiving any comments. Today it's more about watching horror movies and eating pop corn... but I still enjoy Halloween through my little brother. But I won't lie, distributing candy to every children who knock at my house is quite boring, when the 5412th knock I just want to be the next day. To finish I will say that's another reason to go out with friends and party so let's continue !

Very good Marin afro
Christian FLANNERY
Christian FLANNERY

Back to top Go down

Discussion topic 4 - Halloween and other festivals Empty Re: Discussion topic 4 - Halloween and other festivals

Post by Cloé Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:59 am

Halloween is a good moment to be able to frighten and celebrate the deaths. I think halloween enjoy most kids because is a it's a moment to share with his friends, to go to knock at doors and to be able to disguise. Today I always celebrate Halloween, always with my friends but especially to make a party. I think it's important to keep this festival for the other generations which arrive so that they take advantage too of these moments funny and terrifying during their childhood.

Cloé

Back to top Go down

Discussion topic 4 - Halloween and other festivals Empty Halloween

Post by emma bony Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:54 pm

I dislike this celebration because it's a party who celebrate the person who are dead. It's a gala that me I haven't lionize of my life because my parents are against and I am agree with them. This party is scary, terrifying ans mysterious. I don't like the fact that people become ring to my door and asks a treats, because the candies I buy them for myself and not for childrens. Very Happy So when it's Hallowen night the 31 october, I lock everything at home and take my dog outside. Twisted Evil Moreover, it has become a commercial party and it's not even a celebration of our culture but ot the anglo-celtic culture. It's scary and talking about death.

emma bony

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason-dmt Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:13 pm

So.... Halloween.... it's borring no ? Always talk about this celebration. I propose you to bring new models. Start with a festival all in colors, in India, "Holi" is the spring festival where durring two days, people throw themselves chili peppers, truthfully, are you telling me you're not tempted ? Then, in Asia as well, there is the mud festival, takes places in Boryeong in south Corea in July, gathering thousands of people and tourist around inflatables and big bathrooms of mud, personnaly i would have chosen something as chantilly but well.... Finally, we used to spray somebody with water but it's justly a festival each years in April, in Thailand. Tradition wants that water be pour on boudha's représentations, however, that evolved in water fights, good evolution i think, as long as water not becomes sppp........ sparkling water ! Obsessed !!!!!!!!

Jason-dmt

Back to top Go down

Post by lucas dollo Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:44 pm

While our october’s holidays we are supposed celebrate « Haloween » the feast of the death
While december’s holidays we are supposed celebrate «christmas » and the « new year »
While february’s holidays we are supposed celebrate « easter » with the easter eggs
So, for each holidays there are a celebration often religious . So if there aren’t any celebrations maybe there aren’t as much holidays .
In France the feast of halloween is less practice than in america.  when we are children it’s an opportunity to eat many candies , when we getting older it became an opportunity to drink some alcohol , like every celebrations or just a normal day …

lucas dollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentine Berron Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Halloween on October 31st is a tradition. Children dress in scary costumes and knock on doors for candy usually they say "Trick or treat" or "happy Halloween". This holiday is mostly in America, it is very recent in France. I have not done Halloween often, when I was little at school to celebrate Halloween I disguised myself as a black cat. One year, whith my cousins for halloween we had disguised ourselves, look for candy decorated my grandmother's house by cutting her pumpkins she was not happy...

Valentine Berron

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa.chivot Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 am

The last time we chose to talk about the holiday of Halloween. For me she is not as important, like days of Christmas where to be with family is important. It is a pleasant and joyful day when people dress up and the children enjoy collecting candies, it is a day of friendly meetings. I have rather of good memories of this period, when I was younger, we enjoyed irritating people by ringing at their door and to run for, not to be caught, while the day of Halloween had already passed.

lisa.chivot

Back to top Go down

Post by TIRET Cédric Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:47 am

Halloween is a good day, all people are in costume to recover sweet particularly children. Christmas is a very bad day... we are in family, many person have present and all people are happy. The new year, a day like an other where we do a party and the excuse to do this party is to change of one year but you just change of one day.

TIRET Cédric

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Seugnet Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:26 am

We have to talk about Halloween or another feast but I don’t want to talk about christmas because it’s so boring. I do not often celebrate Halloween because I don’t like this. It is called the feast of the deads so there is nothing good to do the feast. That’s rather strange to celebrate one day by deguising and asking for sweets because there is no report with the deads. I’m not objective on this subject, so it’s easy to criticize when you do not like something. There is a big difference between halloween in France and halloween in USA because we do not know how to party like them. They are much more involved than we are.

Hugo Seugnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Goichon Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:14 pm

The Halloween party is introduced in the United States and Canada after the massive arrival of Irish and Scottish emigrants, notably following the Great Famine in Ireland (1845-1851). It gained popularity in the 1920s and it is on the new continent that appear lanterns Jack-o'-Lanterns made from pumpkins, of local origin, replacing the turnips used in Europe.
The famous modern tradition is for kids to dress up in frightening costumes like ghosts, witches, monsters or vampires and go door-to-door asking for treats with the formula: Trick or treat!

Emma Goichon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmaulin Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi, today I speak about Halloween. It’s a party who everybody disguise themselves, but it, everyone know it. The most important and interesting, it’s that we can recover lot candys and other sweetes. Personnaly, I don’t celebrate this party but I eat all the sweets I find.

Tmaulin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Hello,
Halloween is a way to celebrate the dead on October 31st and is a native of the Anglo-Celtic Islands. Every little bit we loved this disguised as a clown, a vampire, a ghost, to go knocking on doors, asking for candy. Now it is no longer me who disguises me, but my little brother who brings us candy. Today I prefer to watch horror movies or find myself with my friends or family to party and also eat sweets.

Vincent CHOLLET

Back to top Go down

Post by Poitou Baptiste Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:09 pm

I dosn't like halloween, i find that toping boring, i had read all mates comen of this topic and i'm not inspiring about what say on it .for the other festival, in the year i just eat with my familly for christmass and reciving present and after i drink alcool whith my friends for the new year. ho yes one other thing my mother send me a chocolate bar by the poste for easter.
I don't realy like the forms taken by all festival, the most part of them are at beggining religius event; i'm not very religius but i find this event very importent on their mind but today they just became reason for supermarket to sell things.

Poitou Baptiste

Birthday : 2000-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Joris Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello everybody, this week we have to talk about Halloween. The Celtic new year is very famous in Anglo-saxon's countries, during the 31st October, people celebrate this night by disguising themselves in a strange way to frighten others nowadays. We can see in many movies, children (disguise of course) ringing at the door of strangers to tell them this famous sentence : "Trick or Treat"... Twisted Evil
Now that I have introduced you to this party quickly, I tell you that I am not a big fan of Halloween and I find it quite boring. You know, I never celebrated it in the past during my youth so I will not start to do it now. May it can be funny… I don’t know.
Thanks for reading.
See you tomorrow ! bounce

Joris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Daunas Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Let's talk about Halloween... Halloween is a a way to celebrate the dead on October 31st and comes from the Anglo-Celtic Islands.
During this "party of death", the children are dress up as monsters, witches or skeletons and will ring the doors and have only one sentence to the mouth "trick or treat !". So halloween is a good excuse for children to eat candy Cool
Today, we celebrate Halloween mainly in Ireland, Great Britain, USA...
Personally, i celebrated Halloween only when i was young (to 7yo from 10-13yo), and actually i do not care.

Hugo Daunas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribault Geoffrey Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi Sir,

Halloween is a traditional folk and pagan celebration from the Anglo-Celtic Islands celebrated on the evening of October 31st. It is widely practiced in Ireland, Scotland and Wales and remind that the iconic halloween lantern Jack-o'-lantern comes from an Irish legend. Halloween has spread to the world thanks to its success in the United States and Canada after the massive arrival of Irish and Scottish emigrants. Then, the famous pumpkins were democratized whereas at the beginning turnips were used in Europe. Nowadays the main tradition is that children dress up with frightening costumes like ghosts, witches, vampires and other monsters. Then, they must ring the doors asking for sweets with the magic words : "Trick or treat". It's also a good means to share moments with others through fireworks, games, reading tales... Personally my parents didn't want me to do Halloween because it isn't a Christian celebration. Later, when I was 13, I did it 2 or 3 times with friends and I still keep good memories. I must also admit that my costumes were not very worked and not very dreadful.

To go further into the matter, another world-famous festival is Christmas, celebrated every year during the night of December 24 to 25. It commemorates the birth of Jesus. Before seen as a religious celebration, this has changed a lot and appears now more like a commercial celebration. So, as tradition dictates, Santa Claus distributes gifts during this magical night to children who have been well-behaved.
I will not spread anymore on the different festivals because there are dozens. However, Halloween and Christmas are already enough according to their popularity today.

Ribault Geoffrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian FLANNERY Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Originally halloween was a day that celebrated the dead, it was taken seriously but nowadays halloween is an americanised money making scandal of a holiday. That said, it is still fun and great to have an excuse to watch scary movies and eat sugar like there is no tomorrow... It also allows me to be my self without looking wierd... Not really ( you are supposed to laugh at that)!
There are many other halloween-like festivals! For example, the most popular one is Christmas (another americanised holliday all about money)! Christmas is more important for me though because it brings families and friends closer and revolves around sharing, giving and recieving! I do like easter too because I can eat chocolate and keep a clear conscience...

To sum it all up, festivals are fun, unhealthy and bring people together! Unfortunatly, they are getting more and more commercial costing us lots of money due to the hype and advertisements.
Christian FLANNERY
Christian FLANNERY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Raveraud Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Halloween is a traditional fest who comes britain grand britains isles.His name comes from this abreviation of All Hallows-Even witch means the eve of Hallows' Day.
This day kids around the world are gathered to recolt a lot of candy in their city.They must wear a creepy costume like a demon,a witch,a skeleton...
There is only one way to recolt candys, you must say "trick or treat".
This fest is before the "All Saints' Day" and it is fest for the deads.

Nathan Raveraud

Back to top Go down

Post by noemie michenot Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:26 pm

This week we going to talk about Halloween. As far as I’m concerned, Halloween is not an important moment. When I was young, as everyone else does I believe , I liked dress up and went to find as many sweet as possible.
But now, even if I like horror stories, I’m not doing anything special for Halloween because for me, it is not something very interesting.
However, this year I participated in a Halloween volleyball tournament. It was funny because a lot of people was dress up but I mainly went for the volleyball than for Halloween.

noemie michenot

Back to top Go down

Post by BIRAGHI Ugo Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:20 am

Hello, then for me every party is a religious feast. Halloween is a party more reserved for the children because they fetch candies and to frighten people whereas the parties as Christmas, the new year or the Easter are more parties which are made to be with the family. For me, Christmas is the most beautiful parties because it is where we see most our family and where it is gathers with heights of presents. The new year is a party to celebrate the new year thus we are the party for the pleasure with the family and the friends.

BIRAGHI Ugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rouil Médéric Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:29 am

So today the topic of the day is « Halloween and the others festivals ».
For my, Halloween was never my favorite festival aside from being able to consume a lot of candy. So I'm not going to dwell on the subject of Halloween but rather on subjects that bury me. The best part of the year, for the festivals, is the period starting from the 24th of December to the 1st of January because is the part of the year where I have the most beautiful memories of my childhood.Aside from the gifts, it is the atmosphere that reign, it is also the time to find the family friends. All the factors that make you happy.

Rouil Médéric

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathéo OLRY Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:49 pm

to talk about the holidays they are always better when we are young because we take advantage of the good things for Easter for example the fact of going to get the chocolates which are to hide then for the eaten to halloween to go around the houses by asking candies or a type! but my favorite holidays are still Christmas receiving lots of presents!

Mathéo OLRY

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelQuantin Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi
Festivals allow to gather people and family during one day.
Halloween is the thirty one of october it is for celebring memory of people death.
dzicbddhezihvjovhurnfGDHNDGVUDN ????? iuzrurveiv?

AxelQuantin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down