UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general

+15
Mathilde Guillaume
Enzo Bourgeaux
Pierre Mazeau
Paul Bressy
Ttouan Peyraud
axel plainaud
NATHAN PAPINHO
Benjamin BACARIA
Smaleuvr
Charlotte Denis
sroesler
Matteo bello
Marcuccini Luigi
EmmaGym
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general Empty Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general

Post by Admin Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm

A more serious topic this week.

I want you to discuss the yellow Jackets (gilets jaune) and the governments actions over the last few weeks. Do you think that demonstrating is a good way to make a point? I also want you to give your views on elections in France (and the world). Will you vote at the next election? Will you research the views of politicians? What do you think of Politicians? How can the system be improved? And anything else you want to say. Make an effort.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general Empty Re: Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general

Post by EmmaGym Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Good evening everyone,

It seems to me indispensable to lift the movement of yellow vests. Already more than 1 month they still circulate among us in order to be heard and speak on behalf of the people. Indeed, we are in a democratic country where we are lucky to have freedom of expression in all circumstances. Yellow vests report the importance of taxes on all our expenses: travel expenses; food, clothing, medicines; ... The people are annoyed to be taken in pocket money in the eyes of the state. Surely it is easier to be at the top of the ladder to get things moving, but when the people come together against the state, the problem becomes more bitter. Indeed, politicians are frightened by the movement of yellow vests. And they call for military reinforcements (gendarmes) to channel and manage the movement. To do this, the gendarmes go as far as gassing civilians to make them back off. Some inter-civilians force to spread that the people need to be heard and understood by the hierarchy.
On a personal note, France tends to look like a country of dictatorship and undemocratic by the very extreme remedies of the state. but all this is deployed under the orders of Mr. MACRON, and it becomes frightening. Indeed, we voted 2 years ago to get us out of the crisis thanks to its program and bring us work again, with a smic so that the poor can live. But in reality we realize that since always have been the same words and the same acts that are implemented. The pre-Heads of State goal as well as the present is well to meet the need of the rich and not of the people in distress. Their goal is indeed to drive those who are already at the bottom of the hole rather than lifting them. So they put solutions in place wisely for a period that does not prove to be beneficial for the people. Nevertheless, the precipitations of poverty increase but that is the last concern of the politivian men to when the figures are announced. The words in the air go all their discourse. For whom will it be necessary to vote in the next elections? Are we going to vote for the extreme? Will we leave this crisis?

What do you think?

Thank's
Emma

EmmaGym

Back to top Go down

Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general Empty Re: Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:01 pm

The theme of the day is a more important one, where the pros and cons must be weighed. The yellow vests were basically a way of peacefully protesting to increase his dissatisfaction with the rise in fuel prices. I can understand the first few weeks of gatherings, showing his anger as a demonstrator is a good way to express his point of view. However, going to roundabouts and blocking people, I don't think it' s normal, moreover "breakers" mix with yellow vests, devastating for example the most beautiful street in the world. I don't think that the elections in France are bad, since the people are the ones who decide. I intend to vote if I find that the person wants to convey principles that can help the country, each path is important. I think from a general point of view that politicians do not listen enough to the people, they do not have a sense of priorities, with major problems such as global warming or pollution. The system could be improved by withdrawing Law 49.3, which allows the government to pass the text it presents, without a vote, without covering up the rejection of the motion of censure that the opposition must submit as a matter of form. Use a system similar to that of the United States, with each region voting for electors, voting for the president themselves.
The emergence of a new republic may be "on the move".

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo bello Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:17 pm

I am not too political but it is true that this subject is controversial, the yellow vests are above all people like all of us who are just trying to show their discontent through acts and I can understand them. Today's politics makes sure to show us what she wants and benefits, politicians speak to please and us to change the course of things; but it's not new, I understand the nervousness of some people when the yellow vest blocks the roundabouts and I agree but a person who earns 1300 euros a month today does not live but survival and is constantly being careful ... then learn the rise of diesel can cause anger after I do not think the state will change anything and if it does it will make sure to make money next but the subject is for me too important and too interesting to explain what I think through a small summary.

Matteo bello

Back to top Go down

Post by sroesler Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:56 pm

I don't understand anything in politics, and it's a subject very borring. Moreover i don't want to speak about the yellow jacket when everybody can see what im saying. Moreover this subject divided the population like the Dreyfus affaire and i don't like that. So i hope that this affair will be finish soon.

sroesler

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Denis Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:10 pm

IF the yellow vest want to demonstrate and defend their ideas i think it's ok, but it has degenerated with the breakers and i think it degrades the image of what the yellow vest really are, people who just want to change things.

Charlotte Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaleuvr Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:44 pm

The paradox between the claimings of the yellow jackets and their way of protesting is huge.
I think that most of the yellow jacket's claiming were rightful in the beginning of the movement. I think that like most of the taxes in the country, the poors are defavorised and only the rich are allowed to use their cars as much as they want. More than this, the poors are pointed like the guilties because the taxes on the fuel are presented as « eco friendly ». As a student, in Angoulême from La Rochelle, I have to use my car a lot, and to increase the price of the fuel will not encourage me to drive less, I will just have less money for the rest of my outlays.
On the other hand, I'm also angry at the yellow jackets, because the way they've been protesting was to block the roads, wich created a lot of pollution, increased everyone's fuel consumption and made everyone lose a lot of time in commuting.
I'm also angry at the governement who didn't listen the people and waited the crisis to take huges proportions and the economy to flow before reacting and listen to the claimings.
In conclusion, I don't know wich side I am :
I'm someone who care about ecology so I would really like to drive less, but I'm also someone who have to use his car daily without paying a lot or being blocked by protesters even if I find them pretty legitimate...

Smaleuvr

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin BACARIA Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:42 pm

The Yellow Vest Movement is a response from an angry people at the actions of the President of the Republic. A president who did not know how to listen to the demands and who must now pay.
A development of a nation goes through an understanding between government and people which is not the case today. in the manner of May 68 this movement will mark history by the mobilization of thousands of people for a common purpose.

Benjamin BACARIA

Back to top Go down

Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general Empty YELLLOW JACKET FIGHTERS ( AVENGERS )

Post by NATHAN PAPINHO Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Now the yellow jacket movement exist in france from 11 weeks during this time we can see on the social média amazing pictures .there are differents pictures of yellow jackets who attack french policemen with road sign or for example. last week an old boxe fighter knock out a Crs who have a shield . In reallity the yellow jackets , in my opinion don't do the good thing's to be listened but they are courageous they just want a better life for the futur

NATHAN PAPINHO

Back to top Go down

Post by axel plainaud Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:06 pm

The movement of yellow jackets is social movement that began in October 2018 in France. This social movement began following the increase in taxes. This movement impacts the French with blocking roads and roundabouts. However, the government is trying to calm tensions by trying to listen to the demands even if the French remain angry. Moreover all the French are not for this event. For me this movement lasts a little too long and disadvantages the country at the tourist level with particular breaks like stores or deaths that took place on.

axel plainaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttouan Peyraud Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:28 pm

The yellow jackets (yt [like youtube Wink ]) is a politic movement because the yt aren't agree with the bills to pay.
So the yt block the roads to fuck the other frensh cityzens . They thinks they can proove by there lost time their dissatisfaction . But Manuel Macron can use a other type of deplacement that his car , so block the ways is unecessary to change the bills . I think the frensh can't like our president even if this is our vote . I don't like politics , there just a debat infinity about lot and lot and lot things . In my opinion if we stop in priority the pollutions , that can are a big politic avanced to our socity and for our genration that can mark the story .

Ttouan Peyraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Bressy Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Everybody heard things about yellow jacket, so i will not explain who they are. But just a little precision, thugs are not yellow jackets. The movement want be pacifist so i agree with this way to demonstrate what's wrong. But do you think the result would be the same without thugs?
You ask if i will vote the next time ; I answer yes, because it's a way to talk and defend our opinion. And next what's happen now, when I vote the next time, if I have to do the same choice than the France last year, i'm not afraid to vote for Macron because the extreme right mustn't lead the country.
To improve the government, a student like me can't say what's wrong or right, we just should take exemple about other country to take good or bad points.
(Sorry, I think I did too much mistakes)

Paul Bressy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Mazeau Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Politics, yellow jackets, blablablabla... A very big joke these politics, really.

You have to know that France is endet of more than 100 billion euros, because we have political leaders who do not know how to manage the French finances. The worst is to see that some politicians, do not know the price of a chocolate, or even the SMIC. Suddenly, we just overpaid our salaries, which amounted to just 1,300 euros, to "try" to pay their debts, while these politicians have a salary of 20000 euros per month that are as intact as their actions. Race results, we have a whole French people who manifest, which is normal, to have just an increase of 100 euros on the smic by counting 80 euros of taxes on these 100 euros or 20 euros won in the end. Now, the yellow vests continue while the state leaders do not worry royally, this is the break, because many claim to manifest themselves while they want to let off steam, we do not understand the intentions of this event.

I am not a supporter of politics far from it. I find it boring, and even more so when I see 40-year-old children who are more concerned about traveling to other countries with staff with fake papers instead of looking at an economic galley dating back to 2012.
So the problem is the French economy or how do politicians manage this economy?

Pierre Mazeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Bourgeaux Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:23 pm

First of all, the "yellow jackets" is a movement created at the origin by Jacline Mouraud. This person posted a video in october 2018. Next to this video seen by 6 Millions of persons, a petition was created and it attempted 1Million of signature this last week. Since 9 weeks, the yellow jackets demonstrate and block the most of cities each Saturday and Sunday. The consequences for the country are numerous : the economy of the country is clearly drop off, but there are also social consequencies. Indeed, this movement creates disparities between the partisans and the opposents. In order to reengage the conversation, our actual president organized this week-end debates with the elected yellow jackets and the congressman.
However, i think that re-elect a president if Mr.Macron leave the head of the government will not have any effects on the country. Indeed, this last one have to tax french citizens because of the number of taxes that the french government have to pay to the EU. The money have to be pick somewhere and Mr.Macron chose to pick this money on the carburant for example.
Finally, this movement wants to change things if France. However, this last gives a realy bad image of our country to the strangers, especially with the troublemaker.

Enzo Bourgeaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde Guillaume Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:19 am

For me, the yellowjackets are a panel of people too diverse, having in the end not the same objectives ...

They started with a good intention, but they lost a lot of credibility I think : the right to protest is a primordial right (in France), unfortunately the violence of the extremists has distorted the scope of their speech. The media always relaying information, they do not leave us unconsciously always the opportunity to create our own opinions.

I think we need to put things into perspective knowing that we are in a free country, which has the means to have an education for all and also social security, which is better than in the other country of the world. Nothing is perfect, everything has to be always better, but sometimes stop complaining and become aware of things much more serious (such as climate change).

As for politics, I think that many young people do not care and / or do not like this because we do not feel included in politics, even with the right to vote (electoral participation young people is very low), we tend to exclude ourselves from the debates because we do not feel concerned ..
We should have more to say, because who will have to deal with the economic and environmental disasters left by our ancestors in 20 years? Us, not them

The current political system in France is in my opinion the best that exists, between the presidential and the parliamentary, not too flexible, not too rigid
the voting system changes the whole game (as in the USA)
Of course I will vote in the next elections (even if the non-vote is also a way to show his political opinion)! Because the future is us!

Mathilde Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine PERAUD Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:25 am

the yellow jackets are a movement that to my mind takes on too much scope and leads to auxiliary actions that are disastrous. I speak particularly of breakers who join the movement just to destroy everything. But the real problem is that if breakers had not participated in the demonstrations, the state would not have shown interest for the movement. I don't support breakers, but I’m even more sorry that it has to come to this for it to move. Regardless of that, they are so many people who abuse of the movement for example when they block rond points without any goal, just to exasperate people who maybe follow the yellow jacket's movement, or a thing i had the chance to see, yellow jackets who keep us out of the supermarket and they go shopping in the same supermarket.
But I am not sufficiently informed about the motivations of yellow jackets and the measures put in place by the President, however i'm surprised by the lack of consideration from the president.

Antoine PERAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandro Appiotti Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 am

Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general 8731af10

I think the yellow jacket is a mouvement with ideas interessant but he is not organized for be positive for the french people.
The problem is there is no exchange with the government because the president did the choice to listen the peoples and they are not listenning the government.
This fucking tatoo is so funny but there is to be crazy to put this on your back...

Sandro Appiotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Christie Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:57 pm

I am not too political but it is true that this subject is controversial, the yellow vests are above all people like all of us who are just trying to show their discontent through acts and I can understand them.However, going to roundabouts and blocking people, I don't think it' s normal, moreover "breakers" mix with yellow vests, devastating for example the most beautiful street in the world. I don't think that the elections in France are bad, since the people are the ones who decide.

Benjamin Christie

Back to top Go down

Second Week Discussion - Yellow Jackets, the government's response and Elections in general Empty Yellow jacket

Post by Maxime Bachelier Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:45 pm

The Yellow jacket is, now, known as a message against the augmentation of the petrol. In France, a lot of demonstration as been done and everyone was wearing this jacket. This demonstration was against a good thing but a lof of person who came in this demonstration was bad and negative, using arms to broke shops so the demonstration was less credible.

Maxime Bachelier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down