UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Autonomous Work

+27
Clarance de Villiers
Malek.benslimane
Ravahiti
noemie_resclause
Caroline Richard
Pauline Maurisset
Marina Guillon
calberti
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Léa Aupetit
Léa ABREU
Babis Papageorgiou
Chloé Gailledrat
iman ghouzi
Cédric Bourgeois
sophie_rys
Damaye Alexis
Manon Saroul
Amelie Trarieux
Diana Gashi 1
Emeline Giffard
Meghane Cren
Jordan Besson
ELISANGELA
Caroline Lemoigne
Clothilde Pluchart
Admin
31 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Weekly Autonomous Work - Page 5 Empty Re: Weekly Autonomous Work

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks you Diana for your compliment Very Happy

Today I would like to talk about "What teens really want to know about sex! "

A teacher has take the decision to change the means to teach the sexuality for teenagers. He propose for teenagers of put the questions in the box and he answer in class or on a forum.

The first question is : "Why is sex so good?"
There are two ways to answer this question. From the biological perspective, sex feels good for an important evolutionary reason.
A part of the body that brings sexual pleasure when stimulated is called an erogenous zone. This does not mean just our genitals. All of us have many places on our bodies that result in sexual pleasure when stimulated.
The second reason sex feels good is that humans have developed the emotional capacity to feel love, intimacy, and passion. These emotional states highlight and deepen sexual pleasure.
While pleasure can exist without these emotions, it is much more significant when they are present.

The second question is : "When is someone emotionally and physically ready for sex?"
He wish he had an answer that would be right for all people at all times, but the real answer is “it depends.” We are all unique individuals, and our relationships are all unique. Because of that, there can’t be a standard answer to this question.

The third question is : "Could you use a balloon as a condom?"
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! UNSAFE! UNHEALTHY! DANGER! DANGER!
Condoms are made to be condoms; balloons are made to be balloons. Both can be made of latex, but that doesn’t mean they’re interchangeable.

The fourth question is : "How can you tell if a guy likes you?"
He know you’re really hoping for a clear-cut answer here, but that’s just not the way it works, he is afraid. People can react in all kinds of ways when they like you. Some people get really quiet around you. Others will make sure you notice them. Some will tease you or act annoying. Some will just silently stare at you (yes, that can feel a little creepy).
The best way to figure out if a guy likes you is to ask him!

This 4 questions permite to demontrate that the relations sexual for teenagers isn't not easy for them. However, he had neccessary to find the good solution to discuss that.
I hope in futur that the subject is less polemic and more easy to speak in the moment or them will have need. Very Happy

Good week-end Cool
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm

Admin wrote:I've thought about starting my own cult. I think I have the egoism for it but maybe not the charm.

For sure, I will be your first member Razz
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:29 pm

Hi,

For my autonomous work of the week i listened to Ted Talks. One of them was very interesting. The lady talked about the differences between healthy and unhealthy love. She explained that there are 5 marquers of unhealthy love, which are :

1. Intensity because in an healthy love you feel exciting and lucky. But in unhealthy love this feeling can turn from exciting to suffocating : the other is texting and calling a lot. She said that it is not how the relationship starts that matter but how it evolves.

2. Isolation because the other wants to spend more time with you and is ready to separate you from your friends and family. While an healthy relationship include a form of independance by staying connecting with your friends/family and your previous activities

3. Extrem jalousie, when your partener wants to know where you are all the time and with whom, following you online and offline. There is jalousie in every relationship but extrem jalousie is different.

4. I didn't understand very well the word used to explain the case when someone used the words as weapons. When your partner make fun of you in a way that hurts. While your partner should make you feel more confident not less.

5. Volatility due to frequente breaksup and make up. The relation is instable so it's an unhealthy love.

This is not only about romantic relationship but about all your relationships in your life: friends, family members, colleagues...
She concludes by saying that "the ability to love better is a skill we can all build and improve over time". We could/should all work on these aspect and others like open communication, kindness, mutual respect, patience which are the basis of all relationship.

That's all for the moment,
Bye

Caroline Lemoigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Gashi 1 Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:19 am

Clothilde Pluchart wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks you Diana for your compliment Very Happy

Today I would like to talk about "What teens really want to know about sex! "

A teacher has take the decision to change the means to teach the sexuality for teenagers. He propose for teenagers of put the questions in the box and he answer in class or on a forum.

The first question is : "Why is sex so good?"
There are two ways to answer this question. From the biological perspective, sex feels good for an important evolutionary reason.
A part of the body that brings sexual pleasure when stimulated is called an erogenous zone. This does not mean just our genitals. All of us have many places on our bodies that result in sexual pleasure when stimulated.
The second reason sex feels good is that humans have developed the emotional capacity to feel love, intimacy, and passion. These emotional states highlight and deepen sexual pleasure.
While pleasure can exist without these emotions, it is much more significant when they are present.

The second question is : "When is someone emotionally and physically ready for sex?"
He wish he had an answer that would be right for all people at all times, but the real answer is “it depends.” We are all unique individuals, and our relationships are all unique. Because of that, there can’t be a standard answer to this question.

The third question is : "Could you use a balloon as a condom?"
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! UNSAFE! UNHEALTHY! DANGER! DANGER!
Condoms are made to be condoms; balloons are made to be balloons. Both can be made of latex, but that doesn’t mean they’re interchangeable.

The fourth question is : "How can you tell if a guy likes you?"
He know you’re really hoping for a clear-cut answer here, but that’s just not the way it works, he is afraid. People can react in all kinds of ways when they like you. Some people get really quiet around you. Others will make sure you notice them. Some will tease you or act annoying. Some will just silently stare at you (yes, that can feel a little creepy).
The best way to figure out if a guy likes you is to ask him!

This 4 questions permite to demontrate that the relations sexual for teenagers isn't not easy for them. However, he had neccessary to find the good solution to discuss that.
I hope in futur that the subject is less polemic and more easy to speak in the moment or them will have need. Very Happy

Good week-end Cool

Hi Clo,

I really find your sujbect intressting because today our world is so connected and we can find a lot of informations about everything on social media, but there's informations good but bad too. Infact with the developpment of social medias, sex had changed. Let me explain (even if I'm not really informed on the subject but it's my point of view and what I have heard). Today everybody have a total access on internet and I think for teens to speak about sex with an adult is usally tabou. And it's something that I understand. When we are young we are scard to be juged if we speak about this, to be juged if you haven't do something that our friends have done, to be juged if we don't know something ! For everyone is normal because we don't change it, but that's not normal at all !!!! Thoses questions that you posted look like stupid when we read them but that's not ! In fact I remember at school when we had a sexual education class, this was nice, because I've leard a lot of things. I think this is a good way to speak with young people, we should have more information about this at school.
Okay there's always this information's paper to the norse office hahaha but who's going to her/his office to take this, nobody ...

So the best way is to speak as you said, if we don't want to speak with someone we know, but go ahead and speak with a professional, without being juged because that's soemthing so normal Smile

Have a nice day Smile

Diana Gashi 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ELISANGELA Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:39 am

So, I tried... but I couldn't follow the course of marketing analyses. The dynamic of the course wasn't whoaaa and I got frequently distracted so I Choose to change the course for something I need to do to my job: update my knowledge on Facebook Business. I'll start by "Target the right audience".

I have a costumer that is starting to enlarge his catalog of products and categories of products and when we. advertise on Facebook we have to pay attention to multiply audiences in order to do not "fight" with our own ads and increase the cost of the pub. And I'm a little lost in this case...

This could be good for those who want to learn how to advertise on Facebook, and for our Mobile Ads for Cepe Project.

https://www.facebookblueprint.com/student/catalog

I'll keep you up if it helped me Wink

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I really like to speak of "how to learn the sexuality for the childrens ?" This time it's the role of the family especially the parents about this subject.

What should I teach my preschooler about sex and sexuality?
Young kids are curious, and have lots of questions. Being open to these questions without judgment at this age shows them that you’re a source of support.

What should I keep in mind?
The way you talk about sexuality sends messages that last a lifetime. These conversations aren’t just about sharing information — you’re teaching values and attitudes.

How do I talk about sex?
When talking to younger kids, it’s common for parents to frame sex only as “something married grownups do when they want to have a baby.” Of course that is one big reason people have sex, but it’s okay and even good for kids to understand that grownups have sex for other reasons too, like for pleasure and to express love and feel closer to a partner.

What do I do if I see my preschooler touch their genitals?
It’s okay to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable if you see your child touching their genitals, but try remember that it’s perfectly normal and healthy.
At this age, nudity and masturbation is about reflexes or curiosity, not sex. Little kids don’t see genitals as sexual or inappropriate in any way — they just know that touching them feels good.
Reacting to this behavior with shock, anger, or scolding can make your kid feel ashamed of their genitals or touching themselves. It probably this answer which can have impact their future sex life or relationships.

What do I do if my preschooler walks in on me having sex?
It’s natural to feel embarrassed, but kids this age will probably have no idea what you were doing or what it means. In the moment, try to be matter-of-fact and say something like, “We’re having private time. Can you please close the door and go play in your room?”
You can be honest with your kid but still give an explanation that leaves out the details of sex — “That was something that grownups sometimes do in private to feel good and show that they love each other.”

I hope you are enjoy about this subject. Good week! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Chevalier Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:10 pm

hi everyone,
I don't know if you know the komodo dragon, for make simple it's a big lezards reaching up to 166 kilograms and 3 meters in length, they are the largest, heaviest lizards in the world.
I talk about this lezard because I have reading an article who explain how scientific uses the komodo dragon for fighting antibiotic resistance. Certain researchers study the alligators and the komodo dragon, especially their blood for fighting antibiotic resistance.
Think the komodo dragon, in particular, their blood we can help the human while their venom is mortal for the humans.
Victor Chevalier
Victor Chevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa ABREU Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Isaure Ayrault-Roy wrote:Hello every one !

I have some difficulties to really stay focused on the different exercises on future learn of free courses, I quickly get distracted. But to force me to maintain my English, I downloaded Ted application and I listen videos. There is sooo different subject on Ted it’s just incredible. Recently, I have find a new topic, called “feed your curiosity”, with small video (about 3 or 4 minutes). So I will explain two videos. I picked those I find the most interesting.

Are the Illuminati real?

First, I thought that illuminati was just a big legend. But, thanks to this video I learned that they had already existed (Am I the only one??). This secret society was created in 1776,  in Bavaria (the south of Germany) with different new idea about rationalism, religious freedom and universal human rights. They expanded their numbers and they become an open secret. Illuminati members begun to secure important positions in local governments and universities. In 1784, a new decree banned all secrets society, and it worked. The forced into exile. The illuminati would become more notorious in their afterlife. But a decade after, during the French revolution, conservative claimed that the Illuminati had survived. But today, there’s no evidence that they survived.

Why do people join cults?

Today, they are thousands of cults around the world. There are not all religious, and not all new religions are what we’re referring to as cults. Majority of them claims to provide answers to life’s biggest questions about death, love, happiness, work, success… With the recipe of change, that shapes a new members into  true believer. They uses different systems of influence to keep them obedient. Members are skilled at knowing whom to target often focusing on those new to an area or who are recently undergone some loss, with a real desire of meaning. More than two-thirds members re recruited y a friend, family member or co-worker. Once in the cults, they are subjected to multiple forms of indoctrination. In many case, the desire to belong change to attain he promised rewards. Only the people close to a member can convince him to leave it

Enjoy the end of your holidays !

Your post made me want to look into the subject of cults. My biggest question was at first : would I realize if I was joining a cult ? This video is kind of scary because if you're facing problems in your life (depression, death...) sometimes you don't have all of your capacities to protect yourself form this type of cults... How can be prevent people ? Because as you said, more than two-thirds members are recruited by a friend or family member, people you should trust...

After this video I was suggested to watch a video called "The difference between classical and operant conditioning" (link : https://www.ted.com/talks/peggy_andover_the_difference_between_classical_and_operant_conditioning#t-242090) ! I really recommend you to watch this Isaure !
Léa ABREU
Léa ABREU

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Today, for my autonomous work I continued to watch video on Ted ideas.
I choose “the fascinating history of cimeteries” (I like creepy subject Twisted Evil ):
The world largest cimetery, named Wadi Al-Salaam, buried more than five million people. But, in the past, we didn’t bury dead people: some are eft in caves, in trees, in mountaintops, in the sea, eat them or cremated. Even if it seems weird, all of these practices were ways of venerating the dead. First cimeteries appeared in North Africa and West Asia, around 10 to 15000 years ago. When the graves contained pratical or rituals objects, it’s for the afterlife of the dead, where the dead might need such tools. But today, some big cities like London, New-York or Hong Kong are running out of burial space. With also increasing awareness of the environmental costs (because traditional burial can pollute soil and groundwater wuth toxic chemicals), people are thinking alternatives. Like cremation, but also remains hot into space, used to fertilized tree or made into a jewelry (creepy?? Shocked ), a fireworks or even tattoo ink (very creepy??? Shocked  confused  confused  ).
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Léa ABREU wrote:
Isaure Ayrault-Roy wrote:Hello every one !

I have some difficulties to really stay focused on the different exercises on future learn of free courses, I quickly get distracted. But to force me to maintain my English, I downloaded Ted application and I listen videos. There is sooo different subject on Ted it’s just incredible. Recently, I have find a new topic, called “feed your curiosity”, with small video (about 3 or 4 minutes). So I will explain two videos. I picked those I find the most interesting.

Are the Illuminati real?

First, I thought that illuminati was just a big legend. But, thanks to this video I learned that they had already existed (Am I the only one??). This secret society was created in 1776,  in Bavaria (the south of Germany) with different new idea about rationalism, religious freedom and universal human rights. They expanded their numbers and they become an open secret. Illuminati members begun to secure important positions in local governments and universities. In 1784, a new decree banned all secrets society, and it worked. The forced into exile. The illuminati would become more notorious in their afterlife. But a decade after, during the French revolution, conservative claimed that the Illuminati had survived. But today, there’s no evidence that they survived.

Why do people join cults?

Today, they are thousands of cults around the world. There are not all religious, and not all new religions are what we’re referring to as cults. Majority of them claims to provide answers to life’s biggest questions about death, love, happiness, work, success… With the recipe of change, that shapes a new members into  true believer. They uses different systems of influence to keep them obedient. Members are skilled at knowing whom to target often focusing on those new to an area or who are recently undergone some loss, with a real desire of meaning. More than two-thirds members re recruited y a friend, family member or co-worker. Once in the cults, they are subjected to multiple forms of indoctrination. In many case, the desire to belong change to attain he promised rewards. Only the people close to a member can convince him to leave it

Enjoy the end of your holidays !

Your post made me want to look into the subject of cults. My biggest question was at first : would I realize if I was joining a cult ? This video is kind of scary because if you're facing problems in your life (depression, death...) sometimes you don't have all of your capacities to protect yourself form this type of cults... How can be prevent people ? Because as you said, more than two-thirds members are recruited by a friend or family member, people you should trust...

After this video I was suggested to watch a video called "The difference between classical and operant conditioning" (link : https://www.ted.com/talks/peggy_andover_the_difference_between_classical_and_operant_conditioning#t-242090) ! I really recommend you to watch this Isaure !

Three years ago, one of my best friends talked to me about her "new way of thinking", with his mum, she payed a man to attend to his "private conferences". It was really weird and I think that was a cult, but her mum was very sick so she was just trying to understand what and why it happened to her. I thought a lot about how to discuss about this man and this complicated subject with her. But she explained to me how much his man was helping her, and I couldn't take away to her the happiness she found with this new "vision of life". I was a really complicated period, but one day, she just stopped seeing him, she never explained to me why. So maybe it was not a cult, I'm not sure, maybe he was just some kind of psychologist, but I think this man has made a lot of money from these "private meetings" and I found it really weird.
I don't know why, your link oes not work on my computer, i will watch it later for discuss about it next week  Wink
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi everyone,
I didn't do my homework these few weeks so I will try to catch up my late. I study the equivalent of two weeks of lessons about the five big extinctions on Earth. The first week was an introduction and talked about the importance of bacteria in the origin of the life. The second week focus on the End of Ordovician period and the End of the Devonian one. It's quite interesting for me because even if I did languages and literatures studies before, I love science and biology things too and I like to know more about the world within I live. It's quite good to know more about the kind of animal who existed before and how life appeared on Earth. As you may know, the human civilization is actually causing the sixth extinction on Earth and it shows the bad effect our species can have on the planet. The Earth has a great history and I like to learn about it. Next time, I will study astronomy I think.
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by calberti Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Hello !
today I would like to speak about the pollution of lights in our cities. Indeed the light of the street lamps create a contamination for the trees and plantes that lives close to it.
Lights make the trees "believe" that winter is over sooner than expected and it has a lot of consequences. First, for the trees themselves: they want their buds to open up and they lose their protective wad too soon. But then, the buds unprotected, are roasted by the cold.
This fact had consequences on the animal depending of those trees. Because it means that they will have less food.
Our lights in cities is capable of destabilizing the whole ecosystem.

I leave you on this reflexion,
Cheers

calberti

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Hello!

For my autonomous work, I find watching videos in english more pleasant than online courses honestly :p
For this week, I watched 3 TTEDX videos about success and it was really interesting and funny for me Very Happy
It talks about the path to success and how can we program our mind for success with overcoming our fears, obsctacles and lack of motivation. You can also understand how to achieve your most ambitious goals like many persons who made a change in this world.

Here are the links if you want to watch it Wink ENJOY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMbvJNRpLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmfikLimeQ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNHAxnNbAJA
farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:25 am

Like a Star @ heaven Lesson today : Galaxies Like a Star @ heaven

Last time, I briefly talked about the Sun and stars. But did you know that the Sun is just one star among about a hundred billion other stars ? (ah the nice feeling of being insignificant)
We struggle to clearly identify the structure of the Galaxy, mainly because we are in it ; quite a complex process to determine the shape of something if you cannot take an outsider position. It is even more tricky due to the fact that stars, which countains vast clouds of gas and dust, will act as obstacles to us, preventing us to clearly see in some directions.
But, if you observe the night sky, if certain conditions are reunited, you will be able to observe the Milky Way, a band of light circling the sky, which is the result of fainting stars that we cannot distinguished individually

Weekly Autonomous Work - Page 5 Tumblr16
The goooorgeous Milky Way

Such observations allow us to determine one thing about the structure of our galaxy: it has a flattened shape. But, to deepen our understanding of the nature of our galaxy, the Milky Way galaxy, we need to carefully analyse distances, and the motion of stars.
We have a really sensitive eyes, but even with telescopes, we miss many things, which is why the aid of astronomical detectors is required, as it can record images. Fun fact, but before the invention of such astronomical devices, astronomers used to draw their observations made at the telescope on paper !
Even though photographic plates were less sensitive than our eyes, they had the advantage of capturing the accumulation of light from a faint object, for as long as the telescope could track it (while the human eyes can only retain images for less than tenth seconds).
Thanks to these technologies, we can now discover huge variety of different galaxies. These galaxies are not uniformly distributed in space : for example, our galaxy is just a member of a small group of around 40 different galaxies, while other galaxies could contain more than thousand members.

Weekly Autonomous Work - Page 5 Tumblr17
The Virgo Cluster Galaxy is an example of a bigger galaxy

So, we undertsand the Universe through the light emitted by stars and galaxies. But, our understanding of the properties and evolutions of these elements comes from many scientific principles and mathematical models.
From many observations, we came to the conclusion that the object that we could observe were only a representation of fraction of the matter of the Universe. The majority of the Universe is made of what we call Dark Matter, which is not visible but is a requirement to understand the properties of our Universe.
The composition of this Dark Matter is still quite the mystery for us. Some may simply be formed from dead stars, but part of it is made from unknown constituents.

Weekly Autonomous Work - Page 5 S177_b10

This graph represent what we currently think is the composition of our Uniervse. As you can see, we still doooooooon’t know what is it made of haha.

That's all for me, thanks for reading and have a nice day ! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:10 pm

You are our star Emeline!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Besson Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:38 am

Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry for my absence. I have had so much work to do in the last 3 weeks. Fortunately, I practiced English. I have seen different movies in English such as The Santa Clause (because it's beginning to look a lot like christmas !) with Elie and her secret hot chocolat <3 or I have seen The Holiday (a romantic movie for a romantic gentleman : LOL). I have signed up in a website english course. It's adapted for all and it's very useful to review english fundamentals.
Moreover, I have read a lot of texts about my research topics.

That's all for me Wink
Have a good day
Jordan Besson
Jordan Besson

Birthday : 1997-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:14 pm

So Jordan, what is the English website?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Besson Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:22 pm

It's Duolingo and it's Alexis who made me known Smile
Jordan Besson
Jordan Besson

Birthday : 1997-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Ah yeah, I know of it.

Keep us updated as to what you think.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:20 pm

I chose a new subject : challenging ideas in mental health.

Firstly, it talks about social boundaries (limites). Boundaries are the things that define the normal people and the others. In the mental health field, the others are what we can called "mad people". But in nowadays life be the other is not enough, because it can be linked to other things, like be the only black guy surrounded by white guys.

There is some kinds of discrimination about "psychoguy" like some "conversation-stopper", because some people are afraid about mental illness of others. People make links between mental illness and some stuffs like violence, weird behaviors, etc.

To be THE other, in many case, it's just to be in the wrong side of the boundary. But people have to know that consider other people in the wrong side makes the situation worse for the other. Nobody wants to be the other and to be treated differently because of that.

Creating these boundaries helps people to consider themselves as normal. Like "of course i'm not as weird as him, so I'm just the normal guy, i'm in the right side of the boundary." It's a way to project problems on other people. Some ideas assume that there is an impassable line between the two side.

But in fact what are the boundaries of the normality ? bounce

Humanity created this edge to not be in the same group than the "others", to not be associated with them. But normality is something really subjective, so what is normal to me could be not normal for other and vice-versa.

According to a recent definition, "mental disorder" means any disability or disorder of mind or brain which results in an impairment or disturbance of mental functioning. People should be free to cross the boundary if they want. If problems are gone why not allow them the right to just go in the right side again? In the article, "psychophobia" is real and involves a lot of discrimination toward the "others".

There are two ways of viewing mental illness : physical (brain dysfunction for example) and social (weird behaviors, discrimination..)

And that's all for this week. I have to work on my oral law exam.  Shocked

Last edited by Damaye Alexis on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:25 pm

About Duolingo I just can to advise to all people who wants to improve their skills in language (not only English) to try it. There are a lot of lessons, detailed by levels so everyone can find what he is looking for. I did it every day in my internship when I was bored and I think my skills have greatly improved since (because I had an awful level before... Cool
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Damaye Alexis wrote:I chose a new subject : challenging ideas in mental health.

Firstly, it talks about social boundaries (limites). Boundaries are the things that define the normal people and the others. In the mental health field, the others are what we can called "mad people". But in nowadays life be the other is not enough, because it can be linked to other things, like be the only black guy surrounded by white guys.

There is some kinds of discrimination about "psychoguy" like some "conversation-stopper", because some people are afraid about mental illness of others. People make links between mental illness and some stuffs like violence, weird behaviors, etc.

To be THE other, in many case, it's just to be in the wrong side of the boundary. But people have to know that consider other people in the wrong side makes the situation worse for the other. Nobody wants to be the other and to be treated differently because of that.

Creating these boundaries helps people to consider themselves as normal. Like "of course i'm not as weird as him, so I'm just the normal guy, i'm in the right side of the boundary." It's a way to project problems on other people. Some ideas assume that there is an impassable line between the two side.

But in fact what are the boundaries of the normality ? bounce

Humanity created this edge to not be in the same group than the "others", to not be associated with them. But normality is something really subjective, so what is normal to me could be not normal for other and vice-versa.

According to a recent definition, "mental disorder" means any disability or disorder of mind or brain which results in an impairment or disturbance of mental functioning. People should be free to cross the boundary if they want. If problems are gone why not allow them the right to just go in the right side again? In the article, "psychophobia" is real and involves a lot of discrimination toward the "others".

There are two ways of viewing mental illness : physical (brain dysfunction for example) and social (weird behaviors, discrimination..)

And that's all for this week. I have to work on my oral law exam.  Shocked

Hi Alexis,

Really interesting. I understand and see that people don't want to be the "others" and then I look at celebritys and think aren't they trying to be "other". Is it that people want to be seen as a little "other" but not a lot "other"? Is this where the idea of boundaries comes into play?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Damaye Alexis wrote:About Duolingo I just can to advise to all people who wants to improve their skills in language (not only English) to try it. There are a lot of lessons, detailed by levels so everyone can find what he is looking for. I did it every day in my internship when I was bored and I think my skills have greatly improved since (because I had an awful level before... Cool

And I thought that you had improved so much because you were in my classes. Crying or Very sad Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:27 pm

I think celebrities consider themselves in the very small group of celebrities, they are not the others. For them, it's normal to have a wonderful, famous and rich life. So, in this case the others are just the rest of the population that are not celebrities.

And maybe in some self-centered minds, they just see themselves like in a really short group where there are almost alone and normal, and the rest of the world are the others.

But i have absolutely no knowledge about celebrities world so it could be totally wrong, idk. Rolling Eyes
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Maybe your presence in my life could be a part of my improvement but i'm not really sure... Cool
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next