UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 subject - Rugby World Cup or Japan

+26
Cloé Meyraud
lisa.chivot
Onillon Dorian
Dulinge Emma
Paul Bressy
GAILLARD Marin
Christian FLANNERY
AxelQuantin
Lucie LEFEVRE
Julia Ceaux
Marie LEQUEC
Valentine Berron
BARRAUD Jeanne
Pierre Faivre
Weiss Romain
GERON Eva
Emma Goichon
Binson Mathilde
Thomas Figueira
noemie michenot
Louis
Mathilde Guillaume
Virginie GAUDRIAUD
Boismorand Victoria
Cloé
Admin
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 3 subject - Rugby World Cup or Japan Empty Week 3 subject - Rugby World Cup or Japan

Post by Admin Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanks for reminding me Cloe;

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 3 subject - Rugby World Cup or Japan Empty Re: Week 3 subject - Rugby World Cup or Japan

Post by Cloé Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Today we talk about rugby world cup in Japan. I like so much rugby but sorry, I Watch just when France play Wink Wink But I know somethings interesting who take place also in Japan at this moment is the feminine Volleyball WorldCup. cheers

Cloé

Back to top Go down

Week 3 subject - Rugby World Cup or Japan Empty Re: Week 3 subject - Rugby World Cup or Japan

Post by Boismorand Victoria Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Hello,John in fact actually their are the rugby World Cup in Japan.I know that during all the edition all this competition only 4 nations win the cup,New Zélande Australia South Africa and England.
However the French team has been in final but they never win the cup ...
Finely this year I think that 3 nations are in the top of their forme and practice the best level of rugby, this is England South Africa and New Zealand.
Good game at all the teams Wink

Boismorand Victoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie GAUDRIAUD Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:41 am

At the moment it is taking place the rugby world cup in Japan. There are 20 qualified teams, France is 7th in the world rankings with ahead of them Australia, england, irland, south africa, wales, new zealand. France will play against England, the USA, Argentina and Tonga. They have for the moment 4 point and his therefore second behind England. They won 23-21 against Argentina, their next match will be against the USA. Hoping for a victory!

Virginie GAUDRIAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde Guillaume Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:45 am

A paquito of French fans in Tokyo subway created controversy in Japan during the World Cup. The initiative has faced the art of living very respectful of the Japanese population. Indeed, the controversy was born on a cultural shock. In a subway in Japan, we do not talk, not touch each other, not play, not fight. It is a space where you have to not enter in the distance of the neighbor (not make noise, not eat,..) : everything is a matter of distance.
Everywhere, everything is a question of culture !!

Mathilde Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Hello John, today we are going to talk about the Rugby World Cup. It takes place in Japan, almost all the matches take place in the morning following the horror shift. Unfortunately, this year the favorites are not French, but the English are very strong. For once, the English are stronger than the French.

Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by noemie michenot Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:38 pm

This week, we are going to talk about Japan because I’m not very interested by the rugby world cup.
So, I’d love to go to japan because this country has a particulary culture which I would like to discovered. Also, in Japan there are a lot of very beatiful places to visit and so many things to taste.

noemie michenot

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Figueira Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:44 am

The world cup of rugby ok ok. Rugby it's not a sport I watch because I have never really watch and I prefer football. And Portugal team is not at the world cup so I don't watch it. But I follow from far the results and the winner at the end.

Thomas Figueira

Back to top Go down

Post by Binson Mathilde Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:27 pm

The Rugby World Cup XV 2019 began on 20 September and will last until 2 November. It takes place every 4 years and this year it is in Japan. So far, New Zealand has won three times in the final, followed by South Africa and Australia, who have only won twice.

Binson Mathilde

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Goichon Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:45 pm

The Rugby World Cup 2019 takes place in Japan from September 20 to November 2, 20191. This is the ninth edition of this competition, held every four years since 1987, but the first in Asia.

This edition is only played by teams that have already participated in previous editions. For the first time in the history of the World Cup, Romania is absent. As for the other editions, Asia is represented by only one team, the organization of the tournament on the continent having not changed this state of fact. It is also the sixth consecutive edition of the same teams representing Africa: South Africa and Namibia.

The competition began on 20 September 2019 with an unprecedented World Cup competition between host Japan and Russia.

Emma Goichon

Back to top Go down

Post by GERON Eva Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:23 pm

The rugby world cup, what can i say about it?
I like rugby but i don't like see it at the TV, i prefer see it in reality because you have the atmosphere of the supporters. You live the stress, all people yell to encourage the teams he supports. Me, i don't have a favorite rugby team, but when i go see a match i support the team of my city, region, nation. Actually i support francia to the rugby world cup. Francia won versus argentina so it's cool but the next match is versus the USA, so we should be patient.

GERON Eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Romain Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:55 am

How do countries qualify?

To start the first 3 teams of the 4 pools of the 2015 world cups are automatically qualified for the 2019 World Cup. To these 12 teams, we add the host country but Japan is one of the 12 teams already qualified. So, it rests 8 tickets distributed by Continental qualifications.

But these qualifications are very complicated to understand and would be very long to explain.
To summarize.

In Africa, Namibia wins its ticket
In North America it's the USA
In America, Uruguay qualifies
In Europe, Russia wins their ticket
In Oceania, Fiji and Tonga win their ticket
Samoa wins qualification at the Europe / Oceania dam
At the last chanche tournament, Canada gets the last ticket

Weiss Romain

Back to top Go down

Week 3 subject - Rugby World Cup or Japan Empty Rugby W.C

Post by Pierre Faivre Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:12 pm

I love rugby, I think it's a sport with beautiful values that can't be found everywhere. I often go to see Stade Rochelais matches with my father. So I'm very happy that at the moment I have the rugby world cup on TV because it's an excuse to drink beer on the couch and do nothing but watch the games and scream when there are tests . There are always surprising matches like the fact that it was Japan who beat Ireland, it's really cool because anything can happen during a match, maybe the French will be champions ... lol

Pierre Faivre

Back to top Go down

Post by BARRAUD Jeanne Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:46 pm

I am in a family that loves watching rugby and playing rugby so this is one of the sports that I follow the most.
So I am watching the rugby world cup and actually this morning there was the match between Australia and Wales. I was obviously for Australia because this is a country that I looooove. France and Australia are the two teams that I support the most in this competition.
i found this match really interesting and beautiful to watch. I found that Welsh played well ! Even if I am disappointed that Australians have lost, Welsh deserved to win.

Rugby world cup as every other world competition is a time for everyone to get close and to share something in common.
This is a subject that we can talk about, that most of people are following so this lead in a certain way to peace for a while. Because even if everyone is not for the same team it is the sport soul so it is quite respectful
I really like moments like these.

BARRAUD Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentine Berron Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:50 pm

this week is the theme of the Rugby World Cup. I do not know too much and do not like rugby, I just know that the world cup goes to Japan, that the French are not favored and that this week end there was a big surprise, the Japanese have beat ireland

Valentine Berron

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie LEQUEC Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:07 pm

I know that the Rugby World Cup is a very important event for many people.
But ... uhm .... I am not very informed about rugby even if I find this sport a hundred times more noble than football.
However it is my father’s favorite sport and I remember as a child that he was always talking to me about Sebastien Chabal.

But this is clearly not my favorite subject so let's talk about JAPAN.

OH MY GOD why is my fate is not to be in LEA English-Japanese ?!
Why am I destined to run and sweat in athletic sports instead of drawing beautiful drawings?!

Japan, land of the rising sun *-*. Country of new technologies... its ancestral culture, its elegance, its cultural language. My favorite era is Edo period.
I literaly fell in love with this culture eight years ago.... by watching a Japanese anime of type "shojo" (made for a female audience) about a young girl ending up in a vampire mansion and falling under the charm of each of them.
Drawings were beautiful to me, it seemed so difficult to make, behind these 20 minutes of film were hours and hours spent sketching the scenes.

I fell in love with the art of drawing 'mangas'. I started to try, inside me, in my heart, I wanted to realise my own anime, I wanted to make people cry, make them happy, compassionate, disgusted, involved in my story.

I ended up in STAPS, because no art school wanted my file and I saw my plans evaporate in the air like steam.
Some told me: "if you were really motivated you would find time to continue your drawings" and others say: "Why don’t you refocus?".
DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME.

You don't know how much it's hard to be satisfied of our work. I can’t do all my drawings on the first try. It takes me a lot of time and never anyone taught me how to draw, I learned everything on my own.

How can I hope to compete against young talent coming out of the top art schools? Especially when i'm following a physically demanding sports curriculum that takes up all my time?

... nevermind nobody wants to understand anyway.
Marie LEQUEC
Marie LEQUEC

Birthday : 2000-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Ceaux Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi ! Although I like rugby I prefer to play rather than watch it so even if I do not mind watching, currently I have not seen any match.

Julia Ceaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie LEFEVRE Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:17 am

Good evening John.
It seems to me that this week, the theme is the rugby world championship. (very masculine theme..)
I don't know where to start. I have only watched two games since the start of this Championship. It was Saturday 21, I was at work at Decathlon and there were very few customers as of 9am so we put the TV. And we did well because the French won. It seems to me only has 2 points difference, but just remember that they won! The second was the all black with "their dance" traditional before the start of the match. Then the clientele arrived and I could not see more ..
I had little videos of Japan and games thanks to a friend who is there, and in any case, it looks great! More interesting than what I write Smile

Lucie LEFEVRE

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelQuantin Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:08 pm

We have to talk about rugby world cup, I think rugby is a sport with good values and it's a good sport very intersting to see because it's very impressive. I have watched some games and I think France will not win as usual because they are very irregular. And at the end I see winning the New-Zeland or Irish (not England just for support Christian with defeat of he's team).

AxelQuantin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian FLANNERY Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:16 pm

Even though, we suffered a tragic loss last saturday against the Japs, we will get up, stronger than ever and take home the title. "It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming- rugby's coming home." Rolling Eyes
Christian FLANNERY
Christian FLANNERY

Back to top Go down

Post by GAILLARD Marin Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:08 pm

Well, Rugby World Cup is always a event I like to follow. Really exciting and this year is too. Some big meeting at the start like New Z against South africa. French looks ok in the cup but for sure they're not favorite... like Ireland loosing against JAPAAAAN lol! . I hope France will go far, more than Ireland and England ... only to hear what you gonna say mister cox

GAILLARD Marin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Bressy Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi!
The French team this year is composed by fifteen players from the SA XV (Soyaux-Angouleme) and others alternates like Cyril Baille, Guilhem Guirado or Emerick Setiano. There are favorite this year and i hope they will win the world cup in a beautilful country as Japan. Surprised

Paul Bressy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulinge Emma Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:19 pm

This week we have to talk about the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan. I had the opportunity to see France's match against Argentina and Japan's match against Ireland. I didn't really know the Japanese played rugby well. There are also French fans who have come to see the Rugby World Cup, which runs from 20 September to 2 November 2019.
France has never won but why not this year! Very Happy

Dulinge Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onillon Dorian Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:27 pm

The William Webb Ellis Cup exists since 1987. This cup represents the power of the team on the world for 4 years.
This cup is for several years won by the all blacks, French like rosebeaf do not happen to the torn. This year the Rugby World Cup is happening in Japan, team that makes a better course than England at home at the moment. For who is from France I think and I hope they will go to the semi final.

Onillon Dorian

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa.chivot Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:34 pm

I do not know why I voted for this subject. I know very little about rugby, and I don't really watch the sport on TV, I prefer to play it so I have nothing to say.

lisa.chivot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next