UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second semester first topic

+15
TISNE Floriane
Aymericedouard
Dorian
Grondin Thomas
Judi Vergnaud
Matteo bello
Gaborit Valentin
LucasWDM
sroesler
meehdi.chr
baptistebordron
Trawalé Nathan
samantha valentin
Hugo Pasquier
Admin
19 posters

Go down

second semester first topic Empty second semester first topic

Post by Admin Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Following our class this week, what do you think are the qualities a person would need to travel in a spaceship to a new planet and then survive once they are there. Do you think that you could survive? thrive? why or why not? What type of people would not be good in this situation? finally if you could take any 2 well known people (1 male/1 female) with you to a new planet who would they be?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

second semester first topic Empty Space travel

Post by Hugo Pasquier Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:12 pm

Travel in space need to be a really polyvalent person. People who travel have to resist to be alone for long time, to eat little quantity and to be in a very small space without can go out. I don't think that I could survive such a journey because of many reasons. In fact, I like so much eat to accept or support to eat so little during so long time. Moreover, be alone don't appear to me as a real problem but if I can't go out, move in big space, I think that I could became crazy in few days.

However, I can imagine that claustrophobic person, or more generally people who can panic quickly or who are psychologically week couldn't do this type of journey, because they can't support any constraint of it.

Finally, if I have to choose 2 known people to came with me, I choose Robert Downey Junior, why? Obviously because he is Iron man!!! And in second I choose Emma watson, and for this huum... ask my friend Benjamin, he can explain this really better than me Wink

Hugo Pasquier

Back to top Go down

second semester first topic Empty Re: second semester first topic

Post by samantha valentin Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:57 pm

To travel in a spaceship, I think it takes courage and physical and mental preparation for the new living conditions. In addition, you need food and drink adapted to the environment to survive. I think that surviving in a spaceship will be mainly to discover this mysterious world which is space. Moreover, the planets and stars interest me a lot. Walking in weightlessness must be great, I always wanted to try it. I think that the people who would bear this situation the least would be people who always need to be reassured, who would be afraid of the unknown, people who do not take any risks and who remain on their achievements. But they could also be people who are not ready to leave home or to leave their families and who are not interested in this world. If I could go with a man and a woman it would be with Will Smith because he played in the movie Man in Black, so he is how to defend himself against the aliens who could potentially attack the ship. And I'll go with Wonder Woman because she's a strong woman, with great power and she knows the space world.

samantha valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trawalé Nathan Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:37 pm

I think to travel in a spaceship you have to be in very good physical and mental condition. Because nowadays astronauts are extremely trained because at take-off the pressure we receive on our body is extremely strong. Then I think that to colonize another planet you have to be in physical capacity to be able to build things you have to have intelligence because to build something you have to take into account that it is not just four walls and a roof. Then you have to be able to live with very little because when you get to another planet you can forget everything on Earth. Finally if I had to take two well-known people with me I would have Albert Einstein and Nettie Stevens but hey they’re out of the world so I’ll take Will Smith and Emma Watson because they’re my two favorite actors

Trawalé Nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by baptistebordron Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:57 pm

To travel in a spaceship, it's necessary to be in good health, to be courageous and have a good preparation during the travel. And the quality to survive it's a be good adventurer and not be a guy thats eats a lot. And that is why I don't think I can survive because I don't have this qualities. People who need other people, who is in dépendance with other people, will not be good in this situation because she will become crazy in their head. To finish if I can take two well-know people with me I would like to have Mike Horn because it's a great adventurer and isn't a beautiful man so it's good for me relative to the other celebrity I choose. And so I choose Alex Morgan because it's a beautiful woman footballer.

baptistebordron

Back to top Go down

Post by meehdi.chr Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:26 pm

First of all I think that to travel in space with a spacecraft, the most important is to build a spacecraft capable of facing any environment because we do not have real certainties on the planets which us surround, then personally be physically ready so as not to be bothered by climatic differences. With great sincerity I think I would be unable to survive in space if I left today. I think most people would find it even harder to survive in precarious weather conditions. Finally if I had to choose two famous people who could help me on this trip it would be the adventurer bear grylls, man vs wild animator and a woman my mother lol

meehdi.chr

Back to top Go down

Post by sroesler Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:54 pm

In my opinion the most important quality to survive during the travel it's patience. Indeed this travel will be very long, 10 years, if you are not patient you will fall into madness. Then to survive in the new planet you need to be smart. To be smart is not to have 18 average in class. To be smart is the ability to understand the new environement and adapt his way of life. I think i can survive but i'm not sure it depend of the other personne in the rocket. And i can't be thrive because i'm not enough patient i'm little bit impulsive and not sociable, so i will kill someone i thing.
Stress people are not able to survive in this situation. Because stress people are paralyze with fear and will no react in dangerous situation and they will die.
Finaly i will take with me the guy in "man vs wild" because he is a survivor. And i will take Daisy Ridley because she is beautiful, and we are only three in this rocket so... You konw what i mean.

sroesler

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasWDM Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Assuming this is the end of the world soon, and there is only place for two person and I,..I'd probably do crazy stuff and die then. Because going into space to create a new world, with only 2 of the people I love...impossible to choose. I'd let too many people I love behind me, and thinking they're now probably died..no sens to be alive myself. Friends or Family ? The girl you love and not her family ?

The only real quality required to build the new world is humanity. With science knowledge and environment respect

LucasWDM

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaborit Valentin Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 pm

For me a good person who can save the humanity is a person who have knowledge to survive in any environment, he need some knowledge in science, he need to do healthy and he can reproduce (not sterile). He must be friend and appreciate others. I think I am not qualified for make a new world because I don't have the knowledge you need to have for survive in a new world but if someone can teach me how to survive and what I need to do for create the new world, why not I can go.
If I need to take 2 people with me 1 male and 1 female I think I take Mike Horn because I think is one of the best adventurer, he makes every think was possible and I take Karen Gillan because she survive to jumanji 2 times.

Gaborit Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo bello Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:46 pm

For me i think the people who go for this spaceship need absolutely to be astronaut especially if there are only two, moreover i think that would be nice if they are quality in vegetable gardener (that there is scientific knowledge in this field) after especially check that the woman be fertile is the must importante !!

Me i can't survive in the space plainly because i know nothing of the space or vegetable gardener or whatever it is i'm a staps men !!! geek

If i am obliged to go in the space i take with me Thomas Pesquet because is a french people and my English is not very good and i take also Samantha Cristoforetti because she is Italian and i'm go in Italian, and she is a women (for Thomas pesque Wink ... she have 42years old i now i now... you can't have it all )

Matteo bello

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi Vergnaud Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:55 pm

To survive during a travel in spaceship need lots of qualities. I think you need to be patient because the travel is very long, you also need to be able to travel alone or with unknown people because you can't bring your family and your friends with you. You can't be greedy because it's difficult to eat a lot during the travel because of place.
I think I can survive beacuse i'm a solitary person and I don't like to have a lot of people around me and I could also survive with a few things with me so i think I will survive (like the song of Gloria Gaynor)
Some people should not come with us like old people because they aren't able to reproduce, Also greedy people should not come because we need to eat at the minimum possible.
If i can choose 2 celebrities to come with me I will choose a pretty and young woman because I need to reproduce so I think i will choose Agathe Auproux and in men I want to choose a funny man who can help us to have good time so I think I will take Roman Fraysinnet

Judi Vergnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Grondin Thomas Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm

To do a travel like this, you need to have a lot of qualities. Live in group with the same people in a small space like a spacehip during a very long time may be very hard. That require to be comprehensif, listening each others, show solidarity.
Moreover you need to think at other people before yourself. Have knowledges and experience of survival in small community appears to me essantial (medicin, plants, food, the living).
Personaly, I don’t think have the required qualities to do this travel. I think I have qualities but not all qualities what I mentionned before, and moreover, I can’t live in a small space during an as long period without leaving it and see all days same people. That couldn’t correspond to me I think.
To go to a new planet, I will take Bear Grylls of the TV program « Man versus Wild » and Gregory House of « Doctor House ». With this two companions I think I will be safe.

Grondin Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:53 pm

If a tragedy like this would arrived, I don't think that I would be a survivor. While I can have child, I don't know anything about survive on earth then even less on another planet. To be a survivor and to can do a 10 years travel in a spaceship, in my opinion, qualities required are to be couragous, to have knowledge in nature, in mecanic, in nutrission, in medicin, in summary, be versatile. Someone like me, who don't have any qualities in this areas, can't survive.
If I could bring with me two persons to travel with me, I would choose 2 humorists because no one can survive so we can laugh LOL Smile

Dorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Aymericedouard Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:49 am

i think the qualities you must have to work on a spaceship is patience, not glostophobic.
i think in can survive, because  i'm clever and ingenious.
If i go to a new world i'll take a nurse and an ingenieurs to have a good start (like videogme)

Aymericedouard

Back to top Go down

second semester first topic Empty space travel

Post by TISNE Floriane Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:14 pm

To travel in space, I think you have to prepare physicall as well as mentally. The mind must be very very important in this kind of trip because you have to manage to live in a fairly narrow space with other people. In addition, the food supplies are clearly given for each day I think and I think that I myself could not keep up. Be ready to eat dishes already prepared and given in advance. All menus are already ready. To continue, I have the outdoors, go outside and have fun with my animals. However in this trip it is impossible to go out for air, also impossible to have animals. I will miss it too much.

TISNE Floriane

Back to top Go down

Post by agierlow Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm

A person who go in the space had to deserve it.
For me she need to have a lot of knowledges about all the life, the future projects that we want to impliment. She needs to know all about this ne planet, the floor, the air, all the gas that we could find on the new planet, the differents sources of food. She had to know about the culture of vegetables, flowers, about mecanic to repare the spaceship if it’s necessary.
A person which is able to built houses, shelters is a good idea.
I think that this person need to have knowledges about the differents cares that we need if we are wounded or sick or poison.
Having a driving licence for the spaceship is necessary if the automatic pilote comes to fail.

If I had to go there, I think I couldn’t survive because I ignore all the survie technical, I like my friends and my familly and I can’t go somewhere without them.

To my mind, a pessimisic person will be really a bad thing to have.
It’s a new planet, new world, new way to live and we can’t take the first person we met.
I couldn’t accept an old, racism, religious person. Because if we manage to survy, it gona say that we will create a new society, and I don’t want all this bad things.

agierlow

Back to top Go down

second semester first topic Empty killian

Post by jeanneau killian Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:51 pm

to go to space I would really need 5 people who are essential for me or for humanity
I know that thinking in a selfish way is not the best
so in the first person would be a good cousin who is the person with whom I laugh the best and that I have an accomplice like this on this earth
after my feminine ideal for why not regernere human
1 doctor to treat our illnesses
a scientist for research with an aeronautical engineer for our shuttle

jeanneau killian

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian BOUILLAUD Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:01 pm

For my part, I think that in this specific case, we must privilege people who have knowledge in the field of science and survival mainly.
I will take the same number of men as women to be able to repopulate the new planet.
So a first person who is a doctor to look after us and search for drugs, a second person who is a scientist so that he has resistant materials and a way to create a spaceship allowing us to move. a third person who is my best friend and a fourth and last person who is a girl (pretty see very pretty preferably) so that we can repopulate this planet and create new _a company because there is only like that that we know how to live.

Florian BOUILLAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien Marbeuf Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:55 pm

To travel on a new planet, I think that the people who do the travel have to be in a good health and to be intelligent, because it's a difficult adventure, and survive on a new earth is dangerous, complicated, and need some knowings about sciences to invent new technologies and structures, about medicinal to keep the people in a good form, about education to educate the new children. It's necessary to bring the same number of men and women, because the reproduction is important for the survival of humanity. Personnally I think that I could survive on a new planet because I'm in a good health and I'm ingenious so I think I'm able to create new things and survive

Damien Marbeuf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down