UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 First topic

+24
Romain Robert
Jardin victoire
KylianMalavergne
Legrand Gwendal
Anais Quéré
Louis-Patxi MOREAU
LuceGaetan
Luca Maroleau
Vincen1234
ecolde01
Cedric Edet
Clément Blanchet
GUEHO Timothe
Ugo Delage
Ulysse TRAN
Rgnicolas
camille crochet
Léna Le Bondé
Saou Saber
Laurine Avinio
LEQUET Manon
Estelle Arrivé
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
Admin
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Semester 2 First topic Empty Semester 2 First topic

Post by Admin Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:47 pm

Following our class this week, what do you think are the qualities a person would need to travel in a spaceship to a new planet and then survive once they are there. Do you think that you could survive? thrive? why or why not? What type of people would not be good in this situation? finally if you could take any 2 well known people (1 male/1 female) with you to a new planet who would they be?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 First topic Empty Re: Semester 2 First topic

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:26 am

A person who travelled in a spaceship to a new planet needs to know exactly where she is going. That person needs to have a lot of scientific and skills. She needs to be calm if there is a problem, she has to know exactly how to react. She needs to be clever to act well.
But I think that we can't survive at the travel, this is too difficult, too complex because even if we find a new planet to live, it would be far too far. We would not survive. Today, I Don't think that is possible.
If I could take 2 well known people they would be probably a scientific and a writer.

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle Arrivé Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:35 pm

For me the qualities, to travel in a spaceship to a new planet and survive there once there; a person would need to have scientific knowledge, in astronomy and physics for example. She should be able to know how to survive on her own (qualities like Scouts have).
I would not be able to survive because I would be too afraid to be alone in an unknown place and I have no knowledge of science or survival.
People who can't stand being alone, who need to be surrounded by lots of people, who can't bear to leave the place where they live or who are too afraid of getting sick would not be suitable for this situation.
If I could take two famous people; as a man I would take Elon Musk because he is an engineer, especially in the space environment, and he is a very intelligent man. And I don't know who I'll take as my wife.

Estelle Arrivé

Back to top Go down

Post by LEQUET Manon Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:45 pm

for me the qualities that a person would need to travel in a spaceship and then survive on a new planet are courage, as well as patience because the journey will probably be very long. I think I couldn't survive, I don't have the mind for that ... The type of person who wouldn't be good in this situation is someone like me. Then if I had to take two people to come with me on this planet would be Julian Alaphilippe and Lucy Charles to motivate me!

LEQUET Manon

Birthday : 2001-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine Avinio Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:18 pm

Hello, for me the qualities that a person would need to travel in a spaceship to a new planet and survive once there are that people will have to be patient, calm and above all brave as well as easy to live with. For my part, I would like to go to another planet, but I don't think I have these required qualities. I am not really patient and brave to go on a planet with people whom I do not know. And in this situation the people who would not be good are the egoists, the egocentric people, the claustrophobic and the non-sports people. For security and peace of mind I would like to go there with competent people in space. So I chose Claudie Haigheré and Thomas Pesquet, two very famous spacionautes

Laurine Avinio

Back to top Go down

Post by Saou Saber Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:13 am

I am going answer with my expertise, Thank Netflix. Did you watch the show “the 100”? If you have not seen it, I recommend it to you! For me the qualities important for survive in new planet are engineering, aerospace, mechanical, medicine biologic, survive, zoology (it’s every time useful believe me) and in leadership. So, in my opinion, I could survive because I’m fast like a bee and lively like cheetah, in reality, I’ve watching Man vs Wild, I was totally a whizz in survive. The people who won’t be good at survival are the selfish person and the computer engineer, It’s the opinion of my brother lol, for me is the rich person, but I talk of the rich with her legacy or her lucky. If I want to survive, I choice Mike Horn the best of the best! And Scarlette Jonhson for my pleasure. afro

Saou Saber

Back to top Go down

Post by Léna Le Bondé Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:38 pm

For me, the qualities necessary to be able to survive in a spaceship are courage, because it's difficult to live in the unknown, you have to have an iron mind, and you have to be united if there is other people with us.
Then, to be able to survive on the new planet, I think you have to show intelligence, engineering, creativity, and always courage because we don't know what we can meet on a new planet. I think that I could not survive:,) because I am not brave enough (I already cry in front of a spider ...), and I am not intelligent enough to be able to create what it takes to survive ..
Finally, with me in the ship, I would have taken Albert Einstein because he is very very intelligent, and the boxer Estelle Mossely to defend myself in front of the extraterrestrials and because she is very courageous.

Léna Le Bondé

Back to top Go down

Post by camille crochet Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:57 pm

For me, a person has to be sociable, patient and calm to travel in a spaceship. And to live on a new planet you would need engineers, architects, doctors, physicists but also people who are in the building trade, for the reconstruction of a city. I don't know if I could survive on another planet, but I think I could thrive by meeting new people and learning new things. Finally, if I could take 2 famous people on this new planet, I would choose Mike Horn and Borge Ousland because they are in my opinion the 2 best explorers and adventurers in the world (they made a crossing of the Arctic not so long ago, it was the most perilous exploration of their career).

camille crochet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rgnicolas Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:49 pm

First of all, the qualities requiered to colonise a new planet are adaptability, creativity and self control. Anyone attempting this experience would also need a lot of patience and some knowledge in several topics such as health care, engineering or even building. Then, I honestly think I could survive. I'm confident that with some help and support, this type of challenge is reachable. I don't know it I would thrive though. Depending on the living conditions, I could need weeks, months or even years before being able to have a whole working place that would sustain all of my primary needs. Still, I stay convinced that it would end up working, except in the case of an unexpected disatser (epidemic, natural disaster...)
Good people in this situation would be the ones matching the points above. Obviously, people that would be able to create a safe relational environment, with a minimum level of fitness, some courage and adaptability.
Finally, I'd say that if I could only take two famous people, I'd choose someone like Bear Grylls, for his abilities, and either Katrin Davidsdottir or Tia-Claire Toomey. Their fitness abilities would be a plus. Moreover, they're very friendly.

Rgnicolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulysse TRAN Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:18 pm

In my opinion a person who is attempting to survive in another planet have to be patient, resourceful. Once in the spaceship like in the new planet, I need to know what I am supposed to do, due to a lack of terrestrial culture.That's why I must be a creative person. If there isn't nothing to do or that there are not available resources on the planet, I could not survive a long time. Nobody, except the astronauts who work out in advance, would be able to survive in an earth of nothingness. I would chose the astronaut Thomas Pesquet and Natalie Portman, because it is Natalie Portman Wink

Ulysse TRAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo Delage Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:48 pm

I think that to survive in this situation many qualities are required. First of all you have to be sociable, this will be necessary so as not to provoke tensions with the other members and will allow better integration into a new civilization. You also have to be versatile, being competent in many areas can be a major asset. Finally it will be necessary to get a cold blood.
I think I have the qualities that I mentioned earlier (I will not tell you the opposite even if it was not the case;)). For these reasons I think I can survive in these kinds of conditions.
To accompany me on this completely crazy trip, I will choose Elisabeth Revol and Mike Horn (this guy did the Dakar just after almost dying in the Arctic)

Ugo Delage

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEHO Timothe Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:49 pm

In my opinion, the qualities that one needs to be able to travel in a spaceship are ingenuity, courage, composure and pedagogy. Then once arrived on the new planet it will be necessary to be extremely clever. If such a situation happens to me I think I would be able to manage my emotions and therefore not to panic. In addition I am a resourceful person so I could find solutions to the problems I would face. However, my deafness could harm me. People who are afraid or do not trust her are surely not mentally strong enough to survive on a new planet. If I had to choose 2 people, I would choose Thomas Pesquet first because with these 8 years of training for NASA, he will be super competent. As a woman, I would choose Pamela Anderson to save us from drowning. Very Happy

GUEHO Timothe

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Blanchet Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Trying to colonise a new planet isn’t a small issue. At first going to the coveted place is a real challenge : a new habitable planet must be so far and time might be so long in a spaceship. Indeed most essentials qualities are calmness, patience, humour, braveness and above all a true motivation. However if we ever find a team of good friends or compatible persons with enough willing, they need many skills to survive, as being quite handyman to know exactly how to react when a problem arrive in a spaceship, mastering science, cooking and medicine. On the contrary egocentric, impatient, and claustrophobe persons are the kind of really not adapted people.
Then humanity will need to thrive and deserve his place in the colonised planet, with good engineers, creative enough to respond any unusual or abnormal situation ,in addition of being young and strong.
Finally if I could take two well knowns persons it would be the full-fledged astronaut Thomas Pesquet and the young Megan Fox when she was acting in transformers, because of her qualities in science and mechanic

Clément Blanchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedric Edet Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:02 pm

I think that to live on another planet, you must first have a solid mental because you get out of your comfort zone. You have to love trip and the challenges because traveling in a spatialship is a big challenge! Then you have to have a resourceful spirit and be autonomous in front of your new environment so have a good knowledge of several subjects to be able to eat, make fire ...
Concerning myself it would be very difficult but not impossible with some survival material of course. However this will remain very complicated because I have a lot of audacity but I am not suicidal ... In this situation you should in no case be accompanied by a person I do not like, who does not help and with no knowledge to ensure his survival because otherwise it’s death that I assure him !
I think I will leave with maestro Kimpembe to do dj and for his good atmosphere to stay positive and at all times and Clara Morgane to be sure to have a beautiful landscape !

Cedric Edet

Back to top Go down

Post by ecolde01 Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:41 pm

I think that the 2 major qualities a person needs in priority are patience and autonomy.
He needs knowledge, therefore another quality and intelligence, to also apply them in real life.
it is necessary to remain calm and always want to go further, for our own knowledge but also to be able to grow and develop things to survive.
I think that I could not survive alone or only for some time because I have very little knowledge about survival and even about the development of technology or other things, so I think that if humanity is counting on me, we are lost.
I feel that if I had to leave I would take bear Grylls the survivor of the extreme, and Valentina Terechkova, the first woman to go to the moon, her knowledge would be of great help.
If age is an obstacle then I would rely more on Katlheen Rubins who is younger.

ecolde01

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincen1234 Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:20 pm

for me to survive after the end of the world and to leave on a spaceship first of all you must not trust anyone Lhomme has proven it many times in desperate situations the animal instinct takes over and can sometimes allowing to commit irreparable acts that is why you should not trust anyone you must be bold while being thoughtful. You also have to be resourceful to allow you to find solutions quickly in extreme situations in other words to survive you have to have all the qualities required to manage on your own and not be dependent on a community

Vincen1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Maroleau Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:02 pm

The world is about to be destroyed. Not only i am the only one to know that but i’m also the only one who have a little spaceship. So i have to choose two people to follow me in order to survive during the travel and thrive on a new planet. I have to choose according to that i consider are good conditions and behaviours to survive. First of all, the most important to me are the knowledges. To survive, repair if it’s necessary, create and obviously to thrive on the new planet. From a behaviour point of view the most important is the teammate spirit. Indeed, i think if we have a good teammate spirit we could be survive at all the challenges. Finally i think we need an adaptable person because the condition are going to be complicated. Persons who do not have one of the above-mentioned qualities could not survive. This is the reason why i think i can survive. I don't think I shine because of my skills in the art of survival, but rather that I have a good team spirit and I can adapt to the conditions. To conclude if i have to choose two famous people i think i choose Bear Grylls and Marie Curie to survive on other planet.

Luca Maroleau

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:30 pm

In my opinion, the most important qualities required to survive a transfer to another planet are botany: science of the earth and therefore allowing to cultivate and therefore to nourish. Then engineering is very important to use and reuse the space shuttle. And then come altruism and sharing so as not to destroy each other.
Unhealthy people, acting in their own interests would therefore be the people not to take.
I think that I will be able to prosper I manage easily I am young and I know what touches the gardens thanks to my grandparents but nothing in engineering. So if I were to leave I would take with me Elon Musk for his intelligence and his work to move forward and help the planet as well as Emma Watson because she acts for fair trade and sustainable development then also because it is Emma watson! We will be 3 so I could have my luck with it. Laughing

LuceGaetan

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis-Patxi MOREAU Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:11 pm

In my opinion i think that for survive and to the travel to reach the new planet qualities that peoples must to have are to be strong mentally and physical because the travel is very long to be intelligent and to have a good survival instinct for example for eat, drink or treat or to make sport to stay in a good form for survive. Then i think that i can survive on a new planet because i have physical qualities to survive moreover i like to raise challenge and to go in new planet is a challenge for me and i'am very strong mentally. But the probleme is that i don't now in which conditions i will have to survive on this future planet for example the weather will be maybe hot or cold, there maybe aliens etc...
I think that peoples would not be good in this situation are single person who cannot live in a group or pennywise who don't share.
If i go in new planet i bring Jonh Cox because you arethe best of the best

Louis-Patxi MOREAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Anais Quéré Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:58 pm

I think that to go into space, we have to need a lot of qualities. I would say the first is to be brave because you have to want to get out of our comfort and our habits. That’s not an easy thing. In addition, one must have good physical and mental qualities in order to keep cool and remain calm. In addition to a great deal of knowledge about survival, the environment and space. I think if those qualities aren’t there, then that person won’t survive. personally, I will feel able to travel in space because I am brave and ambitious. I would like to travel with Dwayne Johnson just because he has these qualities and because he is really beautiful! And the woman person is Antoinette Nana Djimou Ida because she is an athlete with a mind of steel. if it would be real I would be happy because these are two people I’m a fan of.

Anais Quéré

Birthday : 2001-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Legrand Gwendal Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:59 pm

For me the qualities that are required to travel into a new planet, is first to have scientific skills, to analyse the new environmenent, and also physical skills, if there is any problem on the new planet (like to climb something...).
Actually I don't think that it's possible to discover a new planet, because of the time required to travel, and all the risk that there is.
If an expedition would be create, I would take one men with the scientific and physical skills, and one who write all the exploration for the rest of the earth.

Legrand Gwendal

Back to top Go down

Post by KylianMalavergne Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:08 pm

First of all I think that if we had to survive in a spaceship to direct us towards another planet, I think that it is impossible to go there alone. There is necessarily a need for complementarity of each individual and of a certain group spirit. If there are tensions or rivalries it is impossible to survive. Everyone must manage to live in harmony in the ship and in addition it will make the trip faster and more pleasant if everything takes place in a good atmosphere. The people you absolutely need would be a survival expert like Mike Horn who would know everything you need to survive at first. Then nurses are needed in case of problems or illnesses. Men and women also to allow reproduction in the new planet and thus be able to populate it. It would take building experts and engineers to build enough housing. Agriculture experts are needed to be able to eat properly. And it would take a coach, filled with composure to motivate and maintain the morale of the team. Anyway, one thing is for sure is that it would really be for me because I would rather die than stay 10 years locked in a ship !! Suddenly I would decide to save my mother and my grandfather who, I think, would be an experience that they would like.

KylianMalavergne

Back to top Go down

Post by Jardin victoire Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:48 pm

The qualities required for a person would need to travel in a spaceship to a new planet and then survive once they are there are courage, mental strength, resourcefulness, scientific and engineering skills, being responsive and kind. The most important thing: don’t snore!
Also for my personal comfort, I would not say no to a good cook (just so that I keep the morale) and to a handsome muscular man with a nice smile to install a small friendly atmosphere…
Idon't think that I could survive because I am diabetic (PS: otherwise I would have already done Koh-Lanta). But besides this detail yes, I did scouting and I have a dreadful mind. With someone who knows it perfectly, why not?
People who talk too much, sissies and those who take no initiative or those who have no mind are welcome at home.
It is with great pleasure that I invite Indiana John’s, handsome and master of any worrisome situation once arrived on a new planet. Then Leia is not only a princess (like me), but she is also a senator, and one of the leaders of the Rebel Alliance. She is one of the greatest heroines in the galaxy thanks to her strong leadership qualities.

Jardin victoire

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Robert Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:58 pm

Why has it been a long time since I wrote?
Because I'm in a spaceship heading for a new planet, the "MAXIMATOR".
It's been 9 years now and I finally have the network! we're coming to the planet in two months.
How did I survive?
I'm just really cool, I even laugh at lame jokes, so people will love me.
I say that all the food that Jacques prepares for us is good, while no it is really disgusting.
To please the chef, I say his wife is beautiful, you saw chewbacca? His wife is less beautiful.
So yes, I'm dishonest, I swear it helps.
Also, I'm useful, "Roman I need you" "ok I come"
And finally, I have a big asset, but ask Isabelle, you'll see. Very Happy
Max him, he's dead, a lot, but far too honest, it's a big flaw on a spaceship.
Then he stank, it doesn't help...
With me, I took two known people, Walker Texas Ranger it is very strong, then Selena Gomez for two reasons,
she sings very well, and the second I let you guess ... Twisted Evil

It was Romain Robert.

Romain Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:44 am

Firstly, I mean that discovering a new planet and being the first to walk on it must be the best feeling in the world ! But to get there, we have to travel to space, which can take a long time. And I think this trip is not for everyone. You have to be calm because the trip will last a very long time and you have to stay zen so as not to kill each other. But at the same time you have to know how to be very reactive in case of problems in the spacecraft. We need someone who react very quickly or otherwise everyone dies. Of course you have to be cultivated in science to take care of the ship and of the new planet, but also in literature to bring culture to this new environment. If I could take two famous people with me, I think I would choose Rowan Atkinson not to be bored and Emma Watson because it's Emma Watson !

Romain BERTRAND

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next