UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second semester first topic

+28
Paul Bressy
LAUREEN BASTE
Lucie LEFEVRE
Virginie GAUDRIAUD
AxelQuantin
Pierre Faivre
Valentine Berron
Christian FLANNERY
Tmaulin
Marie LEQUEC
Cloé Meyraud
Emma Goichon
Killian Torlois
Onillon Dorian
GERON Eva
noemie michenot
Louis
Dulinge Emma
BARRAUD Jeanne
Julia Ceaux
Cloé
Boismorand Victoria
Thomas Figueira
Binson Mathilde
Hugo Seguin
Corentin roger
GAILLARD Marin
Admin
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

second semester first topic Empty second semester first topic

Post by Admin Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Following our class this week, what do you think are the qualities a person would need to travel in a spaceship to a new planet and then survive once they are there. Do you think that you could survive? thrive? why or why not? What type of people would not be good in this situation? finally if you could take any 2 well known people (1 male/1 female) with you to a new planet who would they be?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

second semester first topic Empty Re: second semester first topic

Post by GAILLARD Marin Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:37 am

I think to survive in a new planet you need adaptability, to adapt yourself with new environnement, new ressources etc... Some quality in fast learning, also some training will to do it more easy. Mental strenght, will help you to don't defeat after few difficulties because you will have some. To finish, cleverness to be ingenious, negociate ...
I hope I could survive, I think in this situation I will do my best. I will thrive easily because I like to do babies Rolling Eyes .
The type of people to avoid are selfish people, defeatist and not tough because, even if they're good in short term, they will exhaust themselves or other people in long term.
For the two people I take with me, they will be : Bear Grylls for his abilities and Scarlett Johansson for her breas... brain brain I mean.

GAILLARD Marin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin roger Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:28 am

To me the qualities that a person must have to travel in a spaceship are a young person, physically strong and ready to lose a lot of familiar landmarks. Thereafter this person must be very adaptive to his new place of life and must be resourceful. I don't think I can do this because my life is here on earth and I have too many marks here, moreover I think that I am not yet cultivated enough and that I do not have enough personal knowledge to be able to live independently and adapt to a different life.
for me the people who could not make this trip are pregnant women and the elderly because they are too fragile in nature.
For me I will take two very important people, mike horn who is a handyman and in all circumstances as well as Felix Baumgartner for these same qualities as well as his experience of new lands

Corentin roger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Seguin Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:40 am

According to me, to survive in a new planet we would need some knowledges and skills. I don't speak about advanced knwledges, but above all basics ones. It can seem stupid, but how many of us are able to do a campfire ? As another exemple, be able to anticipate the weather with few informations would be appreciated. For my part, i don't have such habilities. I am a sportman and i like physical effort, but it would be insuffisant, without knoledge and reflexes. So the people I would take with me in this kind of situations would be mister Bean and I don't know for the woman but probably a comic one, because since I have to die, at least I would die smiling and laughing.

Hugo Seguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Binson Mathilde Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:49 pm

The qualities that a person would need to travel in a spaceship to a new planet and to survive there, would be to be a mechanically educated person to know how to repair the spacecraft in case of a problem, computer science (new technologies) since today everything is computerized and if a problem occurs you have to know how to fix it, science in totality with biology to be able to grow, create living beings and also to be able to heal people, also to be able to build things with mathematics and to know how to dose medicines, a product that he could create.
  I don't think I can survive on my own but with others maybe since we'll help each other or we'll do like in hunger games we'll kill each other until there's only one left. Then we can prosper if we are not selfish and build a new world together.
  The people who would not be good for this situation would be people with communicable diseases mainly to avoid epidemics.
  The 2 people I would bring would be a person invested in ecology so as not to make the mistake of climate change and a scientist.

Binson Mathilde

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Figueira Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:15 pm

To travel the in a spaceship I think it's better to be young or not very old. More it's better to be patient because often the travel is long. On the new planet, we need to find things to eat and water to drink because the stocks are used during the travel. Need to be adventurer because there is no house built in the new planet, and we need to travel the planet to discover a good area to make the house. I can survive if I go on a new planet, only if there is oxygen, the rest i can find it. If i need to go on a new planet, I want to be with my wife because we need to reproduce. And for a male, i don't know, just me.

Thomas Figueira

Back to top Go down

Post by Boismorand Victoria Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:21 pm

I think that to succeed in surviving in space you really need to have a special training, you really have to be sporty be in great shape physically perform all the tests for the heart, the strength of the muscles and the body because there will be no doctors there.
I think it must be really amazing to be able to see the world or one lives from above, and realize this beautiful land that we live a little more every day.I hope that physically I will be able to survive in space but I think the hardest will be at the level of the mind being alone away from being his landmarks and these close ones it must be really complicated to manage.If I have to pick people to go with I think I’ll go with my two sorry parents to my little brother Laughing . Actually, I would like to leave with my dog. And you John who would choose?

Boismorand Victoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloé Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:24 pm

The qualities that a person should have to travel in a spaceship, are to be young and muscular for be resistant.
The patiente is also very important during the travel who can be very long and with a lot of suprise, not good all the day. A person who go on a new planet should have a lot of ressources about biology, astronomy and science. No I think I can't survive on it because I need to see another people of my age or more, my familie, my friend and have my routine all the day. So I think for me it's complicated Smile
I take a biologist young and kind and an nurses for the medical problem

Cloé

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Ceaux Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:02 pm

I think it takes too long to locate all the qualities required to travel in space. For me, one person cannot have all these qualities, it is like society it takes everything to make a world ! In the same way I think that I will be able to survive but not alone, I think that it takes a lot of mutual help. This does not mean that everyone will survive, but rather that everyone has a chance, it all depends on the difficulties encountered. I think that the hardest difficulties to overcome are not physical but rather mental (like for example changing your life completely) and that some people manage it better than others. If I had to take two known people with me, I have no idea who they could be, I would save as many people as possible if I could but the ones I would really like to save are my relatives, other whether they are known or not I don't care.

Julia Ceaux

Back to top Go down

Post by BARRAUD Jeanne Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 am

To travel in a spaceship I think it is important to not be claustophobic and to like being with the same persons all the time. Because a travel in the space does not last hours but yeeeeeears. How can you stay so close like in the same room with the same people all the time for 10 years ?
Due to that you should be very patient, understanding, friendly and obviously knowing how to keep a cool.

Now when you arrive on the new planet you need to be imaginative, to be able to understand that anything is possible and everything is different than before.
You need also abilities to survive with nothing.
So If I should bring two persons with me maybe I will bring my big brother because he is so intelligent, has a lot of cultur and he is doing studies of engineering so I think he will be usefull. Also he is very calm, he is not a stressfull person.
Then, the second person would be my mum because she has pratical spirit and she always finds solutions when there is a problem so I would need her.
But I don't think that I have the personnality to travel for years with people to go on the new planet.

BARRAUD Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulinge Emma Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:37 am

Hello John, the qualities a person would need to travel in a spaceship to another planet are for me qualities of mechanics, of understanding how to drive a spaceship. And in order to survive on this planet I would need someone with survival skills, first aid skills in case of a problem. Knowledge of the flora and fauna. It would not be good to leave with a person perhaps addicted to drugs because it would be useless to go crazy Smile !
I would like to go with Thomas Pesquet so that he can drive the spacecraft then with all his knowledge he will be very very useful. And the second person I would like to go with would be Mike Horn who is an explorer-adventurer. He knows a lot about the fauna and flora, about survival skills, and how to filter urine when there is a lack of drinking water. He's fascinating and top-notch. They will both allow me to live and survive Smile OUF !!!

Dulinge Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:37 am

In my opinion, the qualities for a person to start on a new average are that this person must not be too old, then he must be in good health, have a correct intellectual level, he must also have some notion of survival so as not to not starve ...
I think I could survive because I'm pretty resourceful, and I like the idea of survival on a new planet.
A dishonest person would not be good for the survival group.
Finally, if I could take a well-known woman would be Maelle, she is a singer.
And as a man I will take François Clavier, it is a French youtubeur who specializes in survival.

Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by noemie michenot Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:42 pm

The person who travel in a spaceship to a new planet and then survive once have to:
- be resourceful to survive in a hostile world
- be psychologically strong to not fall into a depression
- have much knowledge to transmit it to the futur generation
If the planet is habitable, I think that we can survive. It would be probably difficult but if the first men have survived and have developed we can do it too.
If I can take 2 well known person with me, I’ll take Bear Grylls for his capacity to survive in hostile world and Meredith Grey for her medecin knowledge.

noemie michenot

Back to top Go down

Post by GERON Eva Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:20 pm

I think that to be able to go on a new planet and survive on it you should have a lot of courage because you leave your family, friends, job...your life! After if is because it's the end of the world it's different because you don't leave your life of course, she is destroyed  affraid . You need a lot of knowledges in sciences and in medical. Thus you don't need the help of another one but the others need you, it's a "power". Moreover i think you should be strong psychologically to live alone and in unusual conditions and uncomfortable. Me i don't know if i can live like that because it's really special. I believe that i'm mentally strong enough but that i don't have knowledges enough to stay in life alone. But if i'm with Thomas PESQUET and Nicolas VANIER i estimate that will be ok.

GERON Eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Onillon Dorian Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:58 pm

In my opinion the main qualities to be able to survive and create a new world would be not only physical but mainly psychological. So you would have to be in good health first because otherwise the trip would end quickly, then you would have to be strong minimum for everything that is handling. the most important in my opinion is the character each person must be a leader, a generous and trusted person. if possible intelligent, you always need brains in a group. I think I can be part of the trip, but the others don't want me (I am the priest). And for this trip I will bring with me Tom R and Amaury, we are inseparable it is obvious and we would do a good job.

Onillon Dorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Torlois Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:27 pm

I think in order to survive on an unknown planet, you have to be prepared for every eventuality. One must have knowledge in many fields, scientific, ecological, human, physical, survival...
In addition, you need to be calm, courageous, able to control your emotions, to make coherent decisions in the face of situations. We must know how to live in community and help anyone in need, we must not be individualistic.
If I should go into space and survive on an unknown planet, I don’t know if I’d be up to it, take me there and we’ll see.
People who like to show their qualities, always wanting to be right, who never question themselves would not be a good partner for this type of situation because they would be sources of conflict, that could divide the community and end in death.
I mean, if I had to leave with two people in space, I would leave with Bear Grylls because this man is a survivor, he’s able to survive in places where no one would be able to stay more than 24 hours without dying. Then I would take Thomas Pesquet because he knows how to survive in space, he has well-founded knowledge of the universe then he is French, I could talk easily with him. Laughing
Killian Torlois
Killian Torlois

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Goichon Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Hey,
I think space travel requires several fundamental qualities. It is important to have scientific knowledge, to be familiar with computer tools, mechanics, to be in good physical condition because flights in orbit put a lot of strain on the body and a strong character to cope with periods of stress. Good interpersonal skills are also required in order to get along with the rest of the crew. Honestly I don't think I could survive because I don't have the necessary scientific and mechanical knowledge. Seriously, how do you react if you have to fix a hole in the ship created by an asteroid? Ahah. However if there are people who have his skills I could probably survive in space because I have the other qualities. I think that the type of people who don't fit in would be manipulative, sneaky, pessimistic people who only think about their own person/survival. Finally if I had to choose two people to go to a new planet I would certainly choose an astronaut because he will know how to govern and what to do as well as a teacher.

Emma Goichon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloé Meyraud Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:28 pm

For a trip in a spaceship, I think a person has to be healthy because it's complicated to find a hospital in space, rather sporty because you never know what can happen. The person must also not be too old because the trips can be long. In addition, you have to know how to work in a team and therefore be open-minded. It's complicated to have a family because you don't know how long you'll be in space. It is interesting to have a good knowledge of science and computer science to be able to study the new planet and to master the spacecraft. In order to arrive on a new planet, it is important for me to be creative to create new things that are useful to the group, there has to be a doctor for care or even vaccines that can be useful.
I think I could survive because I'm quite curious, I like everything related to science and I'm healthy. Going alone to an unknown place with other people who are also unknown to me doesn't scare me either.
In this kind of situation, dishonest people, or even people who feel directly like an authoritarian leader are harmful. You should also avoid people who are not in very good health, or overly sensitive people who could not stand the pressure or being away from anything that seems familiar.
For this kind of trip I would take a younger version of Mike Horn for his knowledge to survive in extreme places and as a woman I would take a female astronaut, but I don't know a name and that's serious!

Cloé Meyraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie LEQUEC Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:11 pm

Definitely not voluntary for this experiment, leave without me, I’ll slow you down.

In addition to being comfortable in a confined space (what I'm not really), If you want to travel in a spaceship I think the most important thing in addition to physical fitness is mental health.
Yes, definitely mental health. Just in case of not going crazy after a few months living with the same people in 30 square metres.

Because ya know in space you are all alone, I mean it's not the same game when you are lost in the mountains, alone in the cold, without anything to eat, praying for help to find you.
In space it is not the same, when something bad happens to you, you are the only one that can fix the problem.

Have you ever seen "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks, the story takes place in Pacific Ocean when a plane crash next to an island and the guy is the only survivor and he is an engineer. But even if he is an engineer, a brilliant man, he goes crazy after several months being alone, his bestfriend is a volley ball.

Or have you seen "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson, the story of a family choose to leave in a hotel during winter time.
"The hotel had a previous winter caretaker who went insane and killed his family and himself. After a winter storm leaves the Torrances snowbound, Jack's sanity deteriorates due to the influence of the supernatural forces that inhabit the hotel, placing his wife and son in danger." (resume from wikipedia)

These examples are the proof that you need, -and that is the most important thing-, you need to be in a good mental sanity.
No depression, no suicidal urges, no psychological tendencies, no violent impulses, no attempted murder.
A lot of self control and some nerve.

That is why for this mission I chose Zena Cardman (beautiful young astronaut) and Matthew Dominick (gorgeus young astronaut).
And plus I am not going with them so I generously offer my place to John Cox.

Congratulations ! I have every faith in your success, good luck !

Marie LEQUEC
Marie LEQUEC

Birthday : 2000-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmaulin Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:46 pm

To travel in spaceship to a new planet, it take lot qualities. In first, you should have knowledge in lot domain in science like mecanic to repair the spaceship, or in geology to study the new planet to exploit it resources, and in medicin to take care of pasengers. This personn should be honest, nice and have a leadership. I can’t survive because I don’t have any qualities that I say besides honest and nice. And without my comfort I’m lost. In this situation, the persons would not be good are the persons dishonest, unqualified, bad, arrogant and tyrannical. To go to a new planet I take with me Thomas Pesquet gor his experience in space and Meredith Grey for her medicin’s knowledge.

Tmaulin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian FLANNERY Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:43 pm

There are two things you need to keep in mind to travel in a spaceship to set up a new colony: First is the trip ! You need people that are peaceful, honnest, sociable and fun to be around. They also need to be very patient and mentally strong so they don't have a mental breakdown. The second thing you need to consider is the acutal colonisation. You need intelligent, inventive and strong people to recreate a population from scratch ! The people need to all have common interests and be willing to work together. The people chosen should be young and in good health too!
Without going into details I believe that I would have no problem doing any of that.
If I had to only take two people my choice would be my puppy called Otto (male)! I would need his cuteness to get me through every day ! On to of that he is very small and does not  eat very much so he's the perfect travel compagnon! second semester first topic 20191210
The second person I would take with me is Marine Leuleu; she is an extremely athletic woman who seems to be very kind, intelligent and courageous.
Christian FLANNERY
Christian FLANNERY

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentine Berron Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:43 pm

In my opinion, the qualities that a person would need to travel by spacecraft to a new planet would be to have a lot of knowledge in astronomy, a well-appointed spacecraft of which to survive. I don't think I can survive because I don't like this area and I don't know anything about it, I don't like being alone, I would feel too oppressed in such a small place. But someone solicited and interested in this field would be very capable of doing this. I would bring my sister and my cat. sorry jhon maybe next time for another planet

Valentine Berron

Back to top Go down

second semester first topic Empty In the space...

Post by Pierre Faivre Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:47 pm

I think that a person can survive in a spaceship only if he has certain bases in the field of survival, he must be in good physical and mental health because if it is a person in depression 2 days after the departure she will already be dead because she will not hold the shock. But if it is a person who is used to living with not much (like me who has been eating pasta for a year and a half) he will be able to survive much longer and may even feel at home. 'easy. I know that I will survive because since I am a student I live in a 16 m² terrestrial vessel that some describe as "shantytown" and I have all the qualities to live without leaving this vessel and to flourish there anyway. People who have everything in their life would be lost because they never lived with nothing so they would panic and die too quickly. I will take Emily Ratajkowski to repopulate this new planet as well as my dog ​​to be able to confide in me in case of sadness.

Pierre Faivre

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelQuantin Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:29 pm

For me, the essential qualities for a trip to another planet are a minimum of resourcefulness to repair what is wrong on the ship and build things on the new planet and have knowledge in survival to know who is edible.
I think I could survive because I'm pretty resourceful.
In this kind of situation selfish people, or who eat a lot are not helpful.
With me on this trip I would take Bear Grylls because he is a survival specialist and I would also take Selena Gomez because I want to.

AxelQuantin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie GAUDRIAUD Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:58 pm

In order to travel properly in a spaceship I think it takes courage to venture into an unknown world, patience versus the different problem, of curiosity, showing solidarity with the people around us. You also have to be resourceful. I think I could survive because I’m organized, patient, determined when I start something, I don’t like failure and I’m friendly. The selfish, unbreakable, elderly people would find it difficult to survive in this situation because at some point its going to make them default. If I had to leave with someone I would choose Marco Polo because he has many acquaintances in exploration. I would also take Marie Curie since she invented a lot of vaccine, she would protect us.

Virginie GAUDRIAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next