UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series

+20
Charloote NIORT
Pierre-Louis
clara ernesto
lucasanci
Adrien Sabourin
Paul Kerhoas
Théo P.
leana REIS
Thibaud Denis
Ropied
Emma LUGOL
lguilb04
Chris Boutenet Lardy
Maëlle DUBOIS
Yoann SCHWARTZ
dmarti
Swann Giraud
Théo Ben Saada
qguyet
Admin
24 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty Semester 2 Week 3 - Series

Post by Admin Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:55 pm

What do you like? what do you hate? How do you watch them? Is Netflix to expensive? Whatever else you want to write...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty Netflix

Post by qguyet Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:59 pm

Today the streaming platforms that broadcast series such as Netflix, or Amazon Prime, are very well known around the world. But they are beneficial, personally, I like, there is a great diversity, or can find, series, and films, of the humorous type, dramas, horror, action, romantics. There is something for everyone, everyone can access it despite the fact that the price of the monthly subscription is a bit high.

qguyet

Back to top Go down

Post by Théo Ben Saada Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:35 pm

In Netflix the only thing that annoys me is the warning logo for young people wanting to watch series and movies because this logo does not really correspond often it is set -10 when it should be at -16 or -18 . What I like is that it's practical and it's legal so no ads, a lot of young people still watch series on streaming sites and are therefore more often hacked, whereas with Netflix this problem does not exist. Often on TV or computer because the phone is too small it damages our eyes, and often with the family because there is a lot of children's film. For me Netflix is not expensive for the content it gives on the contrary, more it is possible to give its code to a friend or that someone from the family so in the end we buy the subscription a times for two people which divides the price by two.

Théo Ben Saada

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty I hate Netflix

Post by Swann Giraud Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:42 pm

I hate Netflix ! Because I could be muscular but there is Netflix, I could have had my semester with an average of 14, but there is Netflix ! Really, when I take my blanket, a bowl of cereal, and I put netflix on tv, my day is over ! It's true, I know I will never do Something else because it's like a drug for me, after I have chose a serie (of course I take one hour because there is more than hundred) I can't stop it ! Sure, after 3 or 4 episode I move, but it's only to refill my bowl with cereal ! So I continue, and unless there is no more cereal, I never stop ! More seriously, it's the best creation. Netflix is there all the time for me, when I'm bored, when I have a love penalty, or after a well-watered evening.

Swann Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:31 pm

Netflix is the best investment that my parents have ever made. In fact, I spend most of my free time watching series of multiple genres even if science fiction series where the characters have the powers remain my favorite. I also like to watch mini-series on real facts that Netflix proposes like for example on the Grégory case. In my opinion, « Netflix and Chill » is the best way to rest and think about something other than these studies or anything else. In addition, the fact that you can connect to your Netflix account on multiple devices helps avoid family confusion if you don’t want to look at the same thing.

dmarti

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty Netflix, Yoann Schw

Post by Yoann SCHWARTZ Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:49 pm

I watch my series on Netflix. It's really good and entertaining because this platform allows you to see several films and series of all kinds.
The only problem is its addictive side, I can spend a day watching a series or even an entire night instead of sleeping.
The content is complete, with adventure series with "casa de papel" or "elite", animated series like "13 reasons", educational series like "sex education" and many other types.
The only content that is not offered is manga, there are few and most of them are not complete (there are missing episodes).
On a financial level, netflix is ​​not excessively expensive in view of everything it offers.

Yoann SCHWARTZ

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 3 - Series

Post by Maëlle DUBOIS Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:40 pm

I like watching series, but for certain series you need to have a subscription, Netflix is a platform that is used a lot, despite the cost that subscribing to this application offers a wide choice of movies, series ...
It is forbidden to watch in streaming, this can be punished, but when we can find the series that we want to watch we prefer to watch it that way, especially when we do not have a Netflix account and that we must find someone willing to lend us his account. The series that I liked the most is La Casa De Papel but when you start the series you don't stop and devour it in no time.

Maëlle DUBOIS

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty Series

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:30 am

Unlike a film, a series lasts longer and that's what I particularly like. My favorite series are Game of Thrones, the Peaky Blinders or Sex Education. In most cases I watch his series on Netflix because I have an account. But it is also possible to watch series on streaming sites. For me netflix can be expensive for some because the subscription prices vary between 7.99 Euros and 15.99 Euros per month. This remains an investment but it really allows you to keep busy in your spare time. However there are other cheaper platforms like Amazon Prime video for that the subscription is 5.99 euros per month or almost three times less expensive than the most expensive plan of Netflix.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty SERIES

Post by lguilb04 Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:04 pm

I don’t watch many series because I hate waiting for the rest of the series. I’m not patient and I love knowing everything ! But if I watch a series, it’s on Netflix because with my family we have a family account that means everyone can watch at the same time on a different screen and family packages are not very expensive. In addition, I know that my sister, who is a fan of series, watches series in English or Spanish to improve her foreign language quality, so it’s rather interesting to use the series in this way.However, Netflix is a business and now Netflix is an even bigger threat to traditional channels and cinemas.

lguilb04

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty Series

Post by Emma LUGOL Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:39 pm

Today most of the series is watched on streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime...
Unfortunately, it is platforms are not accessible to everyone because of their price which is very high for some people who have no money to invest in this type of expense. But I think those platforms can’t lower their subscription prices because they can’t provide us with quality content as they do now. The disturbing thing about spending money on these platforms is that not all series are available on the chosen platform because it was not able to have the broadcast rights. At the moment many people are disappointed with the world-famous platform Netflix because the series they offer are very old or not necessarily very interesting just like the films.

Emma LUGOL

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty Series Romain

Post by Ropied Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:57 pm

For some time, there have been various platforms that broadcast series and / or films like Netflix, Amazon Prime ...
I watch only a few series because I can't spend a whole day or night just watching TV, I have to move, do sports, go out and sleep too ... Especially that when I start a series, I always have a friend who has sleepless nights in order to watch the season(s) of the series, which allows him to spoiler. I like watching my series alone or with friends who have no lead on the series, so often we watch movies with friends.
I have a friend who has a family netflix account and who left a place for me to watch my series. It's awesome ! Because, Netflix is ​​still a long-term investment, especially the family account (up to 15.99 euros per me). So I gave him, in exchange, my Bein Sports account to be left.

Ropied

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Denis Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Netflix, what to say about Netflix there is so much to say.It’s great in the same way it sucks.On the one hand it is one of the best inventions of this decade we can see thousands of content without moving from our bed. There’s something for every kind and taste.on the other hand Netflix is as it were an antisocial platerfom.
We sometimes stay a whole day on it when we could go out with our friends or revise our courses but no we prefer to watch one more episodes then another and we realize that we have just finished the season So we’re looking for something else to look at.

Thibaud Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by leana REIS Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:27 pm

I love series with the mystery of suspense. Or with humor, love stories, action, or war. What I dislike is when it's not too realistic and the story is poorly written
I don't often watch series except tomorrow belongs to us on TF1 because I don't have too much time. The problem with netflix is ​​that it takes too long to find what you want to watch suddenly you end up not watching. The subscription is expensive for sometimes not fabulous films

leana REIS

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 - Series Empty Series -Théo P.

Post by Théo P. Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:29 pm

Most series represent a waste of time. We have better things to do than know that in the last episode of season 2 of "the city of broken hearts" that Cyndie broke up with Brandon ... On the other hand, some series inspired by real facts are excellent, it shows us the daily life of a famous character who really existed, and that is interesting.

Théo P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Kerhoas Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:31 pm

Well, what to say series... I admit I have not too many inspirations. The series took their essends and knews a big industrialization thanks to the platform netflix, a new culture was born there is now more 20 years, indeed netflix was born on 29 august 1997. However, like many inventions today the series make us addicted is participates in the sedentary lifestyle and obesity of modern man.

Paul Kerhoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Sabourin Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:20 am

I like series. I watch a lot of them, even too many, but they are a great way to strengthen your English. You identify more with a series than with a movie because of the development of the characters over a longer period of time, but it's always heartbreaking when you get to the end. I hate shows that come out one episode a week. So I'm waiting for everything to come out and then all of a sudden I look. Netflix is a great platform and I hope the same will happen for sport in the future. I like animated series especially shonens like Naruto, MHA, SNK, HXH, Kuroko's Basket, Olive and Tom, Fairy Tails and others.

Adrien Sabourin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucasanci Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:49 pm

Today I spend a lot of time on Netflix to have fun and pass the time. What I really like is that certain series are just for entertaining and others for teaching us things. I really like war or action series. However, I hate horror movies. Netflix is really cool when you're bored.

lucasanci

Back to top Go down

Post by clara ernesto Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:49 pm

more and more people are watching series and especially via the Netflix platform which was created in 1997 in the US and she appeared in France in 2014 It offers many movies and series to watch unlimited. You can watch movies or series of all kinds like
comedies, action movies or entertainment series.
it is a paid subscription platform. it has 137 million users

clara ernesto

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:41 pm

I love Netflix ! There are all types of movies and series for every likes and I enjoy several kind of cinematography. By this way, I have the choice according to my desire and my mood. At least, I never choose a romantic comedy because I find this boring and overplayed. The actrice Katherine Heigl made me hate romantic comedies because she is all the time like "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO AMAZING".
Sometimes it’s hard to stop watching a Netflix series when you are caught up in the story but you get frustrated when you finished it because you want new episodes and seasons. I wanted the rest of the series when I finished the first season of "The witcher" in 2 days !
I do not find Netflix too expensive because for 10 euros, you are able to watch a lot of old classics and new productions made by world class actors and filmmakers. Moreover, you can share your account with your family or you friends, and if you are clever or if you have a generous relative you can get an account for free.

Pierre-Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:09 pm

The theme of the week is "series." First of all, this theme does not inspire me at all because I am not a big fan of Series. Indeed, they sometimes turn out to be captivating, creating a real obsession in individuals looking at it. Moreover, they are a real factor of social exclusion, especially among young people.
Today, the netflix app has become a must to watch many series. It is a platform that offers or creates its own series, the latter having a lot of success. The best known are: House of Cards, Umbrella Academy, Black Mirror

Charloote NIORT

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexia Barraud Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:56 pm

I don't subscribe to Netflix but I have a friend's account to watch shows, I give her some money to help her pay the subscription. OnNetflix, my favorite show is Sense8. It is a series that is difficult to start because you have to manage to get into it because at the beginning you don't really understand where the series is taking you. But with curiosity, and a little patience we discover a magnificent series that is very well thought out and realized. In it, eight individuals scattered around the world are connected by a sudden and violent vision. Now connected, they find themselves able to see, feel, hear and talk to each other overnight as if they were in the same place, thus gaining access to each other's darkest secrets. They must therefore adapt to this new gift, but also understand the why of the how. Fleeing from an organization that wants to capture them, kill them or make guinea pigs out of them, they are looking at what consequences this upheaval could have on humanity

Alexia Barraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:46 am

I don't watch series because I don't like series, I think it's a waste of time. So I don't have an opinion on Netflix because I don't use it. I prefer to watch a film rather than a series because it is shorter and there is no break. However Netflix is ​​a very useful application for those who like series. It is also very profitable for those who watch a lot because it is the same price if you watch 2 episodes per month or 15 episodes. If Netflix had a lot of movies and famous movies I think I would pay for a Netflix subscription.

Gaëtan Morin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Lafaurie Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Chernobyl is a 2019 historical drama television miniseries produced by HBO and Sky UK. Created and written by Craig Mazin and directed by Johan Renck, the series revolves around the Chernobyl nuclear disaster of April 1986 and the unprecedented cleanup efforts that followed. It features an ensemble cast led by Jared Harris, Stellan Skarsgård, and Emily Watson.

Mathieu Lafaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bouviala Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:14 am

I am a consumer who uses Netflix. I find the concept of series very good and sometimes much more interesting than some films. But today when you look at the number of consumers on that kind of platform to watch movies on the series, there are a lot of them, and now you can’t imagine a world without that kind of platform because some of them would really be lost without that.

Bouviala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down