UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery

5 posters

Go down

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery Empty Cosmetic and Plastic surgery

Post by Axelle Fardeau Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:15 pm

The procedures, techniques, and principles of cosmetic surgery are entirely focused on enhancing a patient’s appearance.

What do you think of cosmetic surgery? For you, is it a way to love yourself physically, to please others, to change something you don't like, a way to cure health problems?

In my opinion, I think it shouldn't be so trivialized, now with the craze around social networks, influencers, reality TV, celebrity etc... everyone is getting into surgery for different reasons but in general to change their appearance and look like their idol or a type of person you've seen in a photo. You know what I'm talking about: a beautiful thin nose, concrete abs, tight cheekbones, well defined eyebrows, pulpy lips, huge buttocks to look like kim kardashian etc...

It may sound like a cliché but I think that surgery is not necessarily unhealthy and that if it can make a person feel better about themselves why not as long as it is not used too much and not too conspicuous.
For example, redo your nose because it has a bump, or remove the fat from the belly to put it in the buttocks because you have a complex and you will feel better that way... or inject acid to remove persistent dark circles and why not whiten your teeth. I don't think it's bad but you shouldn't get into a vicious circle where you redo your whole body because you lose authenticity and you feel more like yourself.

And you, what is your opinion about this topic ? Are you for or against it ? Would you like to have surgery ? If yes, where and for what reason ? Let's talk about it without taboo !
Axelle Fardeau
Axelle Fardeau

Back to top Go down

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery Empty Re: Cosmetic and Plastic surgery

Post by carolinemaggi Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:03 pm

I'm all for reconstructive surgery. It helps a lot of people who have suffered due to an accident, for example. For instance, I asked for my nose because it's twisted after an accident. But I will never touch it because it represents too many risks and a too big operation for so little. It has absolutely nothing to do with those women for example who have acid burns on their faces because of their husbands and whose surgery is reconstructive. In some cases like this, surgery helps.
But we have to be careful because each person should accept their body as it is. And I think we can quickly get into a vicious circle. I think that plastic surgery can be very bad when it is "to look better" or "to look like". Unfortunately today most people resort to surgery to look like an "ideal" created mainly by social networks.
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:33 pm

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery Lip-filler-1544135422

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery 35c2de1399675d29586ab23d05f349f1

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1kEzriseK9mBVt5sallHHC0Ier2XPZQY6Aeb8OW6yg6m9gfn-5g&s

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery Donatella-versace-bad-plastic-surgery

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery _72681775_c0124133-breast_implants-spl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Admin wrote:Cosmetic and Plastic surgery Lip-filler-1544135422

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery 35c2de1399675d29586ab23d05f349f1

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1kEzriseK9mBVt5sallHHC0Ier2XPZQY6Aeb8OW6yg6m9gfn-5g&s

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery Donatella-versace-bad-plastic-surgery

Cosmetic and Plastic surgery _72681775_c0124133-breast_implants-spl

hahaha you chose the worst !
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Did you know the guy who wants to look like the "Ken" doll (from Barbie) has had over 300 cosmetic surgeries?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Texier Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Interresting topic Axelle!

I think reconstructive plastic surgery is essential for women and men who have experienced difficult situations like accident... how be against ? it's ridiculous!
Concerning cosmetic surgery I'm more nuanced. I'm sure that it's good for a person who has a problem of self-confidence or who has a broken nose etc.. but I'm not for cosmetic surgery when the girls or boys want to change her appearance because they are not like "Instagram people" or "influencers"... Because in this case people don't really want to change, the society and the "standard" change their appearance, they don't choose their faces.

Then, It's my opinion but I never criticise people who do cosmetic surgery because it's a private choice.
Moreover, in some cases cosmetic surgery can be dangerous because some surgeon are not really expert and sometimes not expensive botox or others fluid are not good for human body...

Personally I don't want to do plastic or cosmetic surgery, I love me as I am.

Wow John! You choose the best pictures !
And yes I know this guy ! It's very sad to come to that...

Emeline Texier
Emeline Texier

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mauricio Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:59 am

I'm not against plastic surgery. Sometimes people have a real physical complex and it can really solve it. But nowadays it became insane with tv reality shows with girls that are not real and want to make us think that their body is achievable. But guess what ? It's not !

Today we should show more real bodies with real shapes. Women do have cellulite ! It's natural, we are made out of flesh, muscles and bones. We are not made out of plastic.

If there is that much of plastic surgery in current days it's not to solve real aesthetic problems but it's to transform their body into a doll !

Thanks Axelle for the subject ! it's interesting and worth debating.... Smile
Jessica Mauricio
Jessica Mauricio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down