UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subject week 1 Fear

+16
Pierre-Louis
Brémand Xavier
logan
Coline Thouvenin
LuceGaetan
Tom Seguin
emiljouannetaud
Aurélie
loreena martin
Evan Rebierre
Jordan Rak
Julie TORRIANI
Ugo B
JulesV3
Admin
octave blosse
20 posters

Go down

Subject week 1 Fear Empty Subject week 1 Fear

Post by octave blosse Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:00 pm

Fear is a feeling that consists of having apprehension. But I think fear doesn't avoid danger. Living without fear is much easier because you adapt to any situation and the feeling of panic is much less present.

octave blosse

Back to top Go down

Subject week 1 Fear Empty Subject week 1 Fear

Post by Admin Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:01 pm

What is fear? What are you frightened of? Can fear be a positive? Personal situations? Jobs? Those are just some of the things that you could talk about in the subject of FEAR. 50 to 100 words.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Subject week 1 Fear Empty Re: Subject week 1 Fear

Post by JulesV3 Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Fear is a mostly common feeling that comming from amygdala wich is generally a result of a feeing of an imminent danger, i think that fear is related to the fact that we can't control at one hundred purcent a situation and it make us feal uncomfortable in the situation, like when you're walking in a dark street you can't control the fact that people can follow you, and that make you uncomfortable, that can lead you to fear.

JulesV3

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:23 pm

Fear is an instinct that humans and animals feels in their life. Thats makes us weak, confidentless. When we feel feared, we feel in danger, we don't have the controle of the situation. To be honest, I don't have phobia, but I "hate" spiders like tegenarian especially when those little ugly things are moving.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:27 pm

For this first week, we talk about the fear. I choose fear of heights. Acrophobia is a common phobia defined by a fear of heights disproportionate to the real dangers. This fear gives rise to anxious reactions that can turn into anxiety attacks when the person finds himself in height or facing a void. The treatments offered to overcome this fear consist in deconstructing this fear of heights by confronting it.

Julie TORRIANI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:02 pm

Fear is an emotional feeling developed by an individual when they relate something to danger. Fear can be positive in some contexts. For example when we are faced with a dangerous animal, where this feeling of fear pushes us to flee and can therefore save our lives by moving away from it. I have already had situations of fear, in particular when climbing because I have vertigo, a fairly slight fear is still existing which at a certain time is annoying because it makes my hands sweat a lot. And if I can add a last word do not be afraid of reptiles and spiders, stop killing them by frightening your fear by learning to understand them!

Jordan Rak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:05 pm

Well, I've been looking for about 15min what I'm afraid of, and I guess I'm not scared of many things. I could say I'm afraid of bugs or spider when they exceed a size that my brain determines when I see them but I don't consider it like a fear because it's very rare.
The only fear I found is the fear of hurting myself physically. I'm like terrified of it, because it would mean that I'll have to repeat a grade, and that I won't be able to do sport like I'm doing it now.
To finish, I'm frightened of losing people I love, because I'm currently enjoying my life so much that I can't imagine it without the friends I currently have. And my family ofc, but I know I'll always see them.

Evan Rebierre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:44 pm

Fear... big subject, we can talk about this for long time... and not everyone will agree because fear is something personal.
Fear depends on the sensitivity of the person, what they experienced later, their self-confidence but also their age. Some people are afraid of nothing and other people of everything!
But is it useful to be afraid? is fear something positive or negative ... I would say both! (it's a complicated subject ... which looks like a question of philosophy!)
I would say that being afraid of everything can be dangerous because you no longer live, you have to know how to take risks to succeed. However, being afraid of nothing means enormous self-confidence which can become dangerous ...

loreena martin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:08 am

I am afraid of heights. Indeed, since I was little, I have been afraid of heights. As soon as you must be high, where you cas see the height where you are, I start to stress. For example, when I go up in the Eiffel Tower, I can’t take the stairs, even if in the elevator can also see the height, I feel more secure. Over time, I manage to calm this fear, to take it upon myself but the fear is still present. Last year, I had to go climbing. I was a difficult race at the start, I couldn’t get to the top. But by training, I managed to get to the top, even if it was an easy climbing route.

Aurélie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Subject week 1 Fear Empty Subject 1 fear

Post by emiljouannetaud Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 am

Fear is a big subject because a lot of people doesn't fear the same things. Fear is based on the individual sensitivity, on what you pass through in your life. Personally, I'm afraid of heights but it's very specific. When I'm on a building like a bridge, a tower, a lighthouse, I can't look down, i can't be near the edge. But, strangely, when i climb or when I'm hiking above a ravine, i have absolutely no problems. I'm scared of loosing people I love. But other than that, I'm not really scared about anything else. There is also good fears like adrenaline. Finally, in life, taking risks, overcoming one of your fear is key for succeed, for achieving great things and became a better person i would say.

emiljouannetaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Subject week 1 Fear Empty Fear Tom Seguin

Post by Tom Seguin Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Fear is an emotion felt when a danger appears or in a situation not under control. Fear is different for everyone. My biggest fear is fear of abandonment, being alone in the world without help. it's also the fear of being betrayed by someone i trust like my father who left without saying goodbye. But fear is a useful emotion felt to protect us from the dangers of life.

Tom Seguin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:33 pm

My biggest fear at the moment is not the operation that I will undergo for my knee, the day before my birthday or the apprehension of this because I could not do sport. No, I find these difficulties all surmountable. What makes me the least today would be to miss an English class with John this incredible man!

LuceGaetan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coline Thouvenin Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:01 am

Fear is a normal feeling for the humans. Its role is to alert us to a danger or something that our organism perceives as a danger.
Fear can manifest itself in different ways depending on the person. For some, it can stimulate as is the case with the nervousness of artists for example and for others it completely paralyzes and inhibits any reaction.

Coline Thouvenin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Subject week 1 Fear Empty Fear

Post by logan Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:16 am

Fear is an emotion felt in the presence of a danger or threat. Fear can paralyze us, we don't know what to do.
In my case, I would rather talk about claustrophobia, but an extreme claustrophobia. Fear of very tight, narrow places where one has to crawl. Fear gives you a feeling of being bad, you feel bad.
Yes, fear can be positive because it puts the body on alert and allows quick decisions to escape danger.

logan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Subject week 1 Fear Empty Subject week 1 fear

Post by Brémand Xavier Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Fear is a subjective feeling which gives you cold sweat and might paralyse you depending of the scale. The scale and the reason of fear is not the same for everyone, some will be terrified for nothing when others won't flinch even if the situation is terrible. It can be overwhelmed if you have the guts to face what scares you but it demands a lot of work on ourself, even tho it is normal to be afraid since it is in human nature. Fear limits people from doing things but sometimes it prevents them from doing stupid things. To finish I think that being afraid of something just means we are alive and human, so where some people look at it in a bad way, we might look at it in a good way to see what it brings to us.

Brémand Xavier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Fear is not only human, it is universal. Indeed, animals can also be scared in front of different situations. I am afraid of heights. For example, in gymnastics I had to exercise on parallel bars but it was difficult because it was more than 2meters high. Fear can be positive, sometimes because it can get us through situations, it can give us strength in order to overcome the difficulty.

Pierre-Louis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Fear is a feeling of dread in the presence of a real or imagined risk or threat. Psychologically, fear is an affective and emotional state necessary for the body to adapt to the environment. Personally my biggest fear is the fear of not succeeding in what I want to do. But this fear is beneficial because it pushes me to my limits to precisely achieve my goal.

Gaëtan Morin

Back to top Go down

Post by idris hamidi Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:53 pm

The fear is Emotion that accompanies awareness of a danger, a threat. For me "fear" can be positive because it allows us to surpass ourselves, to go beyond our basic capacities, to go beyond our limits. So that allows us to be stronger. but it's very complicated to go beyond a fear, either we live with the fear or we become stronger by overcoming it .

idris hamidi

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:16 pm

Fear is something everyone knows but at different level. Most children are afraid of the dark, most parents are afraid of the bills and most teenager are afraid to be pregnant. These are some of the biggest fear.
But there is also phobias. The most common fears are spider of snakes, fear of heights, fear of enclosed spaces....
My fear is jellyfish. I don't know why but it scars my when I'm in the ocean. When I see one of them, I swim then run very quickly on the beach. But the weirdest thing is that I am not embarrassed when I a on a plank (paddle). I even play with them with my paddle.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Legrand Gwendal Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:45 pm

Fear is an emotion, wich is not same for every one.
The childs could be scared of the dark or by a clown...
It can be at diferent level, like a little fear from a phobia.
And there is people that like to be scared, and paye for it!!
You could see that in ghost house for example...
So fear is an emotion that touch every people, by different ways.

Legrand Gwendal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down