UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Class 8/10.

Go down

Class 8/10. Empty Class 8/10.

Post by Admin Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:54 am

Hi Girls (and Adrien).

As you know the English time for each week is 3 hours. For the last 2 weeks we've finished early and last week you were supposed to spend at least an hour on the GoFluent website after we finished. For the next few weeks the class will be in 3 parts. The first part is the oral expression part led by different members of the group - you are all doing very well so far, thank you for your participation. The second part is various activities concerning grammar, vocabulary, reading comp etc... The third part is going to be your autonomous work but also each week half of you will have a 5 or 6 minute discussion with me - individually. The individual discussion is to give you some private time/tuition which I can doctor (modify) to your own particular needs. It may simply be talking in English about anything or me talking to you about some things to work on or about the autonomous work you've been doing. This could also become a time where I can give you a 5 minute practice interview or go through your CV with you or an application letter etc...

This Thursday I'll see the following 9 people:

Katia
Laura
Mathilde
Aude
Kellia
Marie
Lisa
Camille
Caroline

If you want to change the order then organise it between yourselves. I'll see the other 9 of you next week.

As regards the autonomous work for this week you can either continue with GoFluent or you can try out one of the courses on one of these websites:

Future learn
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses?filter_category=8&filter_availability=started&all_courses=1

OU Free Courses
http://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

I want you to look through what courses are on offer. There are different levels (introductory to advanced) which relate to the subject - not to the English level and they state the number of hours involved - mulitply the weeks by the hours per week. Obviously these times are only guidelines and as the courses are online you can do as much as you want at any time - all in one day if you so desired  tongue .

There are many courses linked to Business and Management but if you want to do a History or Arts course then go ahead, you can choose any course except a foreign language course. My aim is to have you study an English course - aimed at native English speakers - of your choice. Hopefully you'll learn something of interest and more importantly, from my point of view, you'll have to work and think in English in a "Real" academic situation.

If you find your chosen course uninteresting you can stop it and choose another one.

Have fun.

p.s. can you tell the other students to read this post please.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Emma Vancostenoble and katia katy like this post

Back to top Go down