UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second topic - Hobbies / Video Games

+15
Nawel
Eva Armand
gwen
floriendive
val_labeguere
Benlemlih
camilleb
salomekj
MeganeC
AlexisC
leaguilloteau01
colineg
may-line david0
Florian D.
Admin
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

second topic - Hobbies / Video Games Empty second topic - Hobbies / Video Games

Post by Admin Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:39 pm

Make it as interesting as the first.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

second topic - Hobbies / Video Games Empty Re: second topic - Hobbies / Video Games

Post by Florian D. Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:34 pm

I'm going to talk about video games because that's one of my hobbies.

When I was young, i started to play thanks to my uncle, he put a controller of Playstation 1 between my two hands and that's how i became a gamer.

I think video games allow people to dream about another world, you can imagine whatever you want about the caracter you want to be, the universe you want to discover : there is a video game for you.

Some people see video games as an addiction and I think it's true for some people, especially me when I was a teenager, i was completely addict about "Call of Duty", a war game, and if my mum told me not to play for 1 week, i was really upset and I think I ever cried for this Crying or Very sad .

Now, I play for pleasure, i will buy Fifa 21 tomorrow and maybe I will be angry when Leicester will win the Premier League but, most of the time, I will take pleasure to play alone or with some friends at video games. In my opinion, it's really a sharing moment that will make you feel alive (you will laugh, talking etc.).

Florian D.

Back to top Go down

second topic - Hobbies / Video Games Empty Video games

Post by may-line david0 Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:31 pm

Spoiler alert: this text may bore you

I'd say that I've been into video games when I was younger but not anymore. The only console that I own is the nintento DS Lite that my parents offered me for christmas when I was younger and my computer (if we can consider it as a console).
If I remember well I've spend more time playing on my computer than on my DS. Indeed, when I was in secondary school I could literaly spend hours playing Sims, living a life that wasn't mine.

Last edited by may-line david0 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
may-line david0
may-line david0

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

second topic - Hobbies / Video Games Empty Video Games

Post by colineg Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:27 pm

When I was young I use to play a lot with my Nintendo DS. I could spend hours playing “Mario kart”, “Cooking Mama” or “Lara Croft”. 
I also use to play a lot on my computer with the “Sims”. What I like about the “Sims” is that you can create an whole universe of your own. You can create your “family” and build your dream house with a swimming pool.

I also use to spend a lot of afternoon, after school, playing “Just Dance” at my friend’s house.

Now I still play “Mario Kart” occasionally but not with my Nintendo DS anymore but with my Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by colineg on Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

colineg

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

second topic - Hobbies / Video Games Empty Re: second topic - Hobbies / Video Games

Post by leaguilloteau01 Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:28 pm

Sorry, not sorry, I’m not a gamer so as you can imagine, I’m going to talk about hobbies (and try to make it interesting for you John).
I will start by what I used to practice younger, it’s not common at all for girls… any ideas? Danse of course! I’ve been doing modern and Jazz danse since my childhood (for 13 years exactly). I stopped because I started my studies but it was so nice to express myself and I still admire every single danse style, I follow a lot of dancers on Instagram and one of my biggest dream is going to the Swan Lake.
I can list few others hobbies like the decorations, I love the way that we can make a lot of different atmosphere and found inspiration everywhere. Then mode or music are also my hobbies but it’s difficult to say because of the procrastination, it’s a real thing to deal with because you may not be aware about it and even if you know it, because of your “bad” habits you don’t act, you don’t do anything to change it.
I’m currently dealing with the procrastination, it’s hard but I’m convince my life and my mental health will be better, I made a list of goals and one of them is to restart (relearn) playing piano.
leaguilloteau01
leaguilloteau01

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexisC Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:10 pm

For me, it's hard to talk about a hobby without mentioning video games. There is so much to say i don't know where to start

I started playing with the Games Boy Color, my parents didn't want me to buy it because they can't control the time I spent on them. My friends took it in turns to take turns playing and i played under the sheets so that my parents wouldn't see me playing.

Then, i mostly played PS2, there were a lot of interesting games and most of them were designed for playing with friends. I loved going to thrift stores and leaving with several games. I have a lot of good memories of that time, especially with the Dragon Ball Z type fighting games where I spent whole afternoons challenging my friends.

Now I play more on PC, it allows me to find games that are not necessarily available on console. Among the video games I distinguish two categories of games:

- Indie games

Independent games are distinguished by their creativity. They offer original gameplay and are created by teams that do not depend on financial support from a publisher. Most are played on PC as they are often offered in dematerialized form. One of the best examples is Minecraft which came out in 2009 and is still very successful.

- AAA Games

Triple AAA games are games with a large budget. They generally benefit from a much stronger marketing campaign than indie games. As movies like James Bond, gamers are very demanding to the quality of these games. When I play AAA i make great attention to the quality of the graphics and to the details both for the sets and the storytelling.

At the moment i'm playing MORDHAU on PC, it is a medieval combat simulation game developed by a small team from the countries of Eastern Europe. It is little bit difficult to master because there is a lot to know but the players are very free in their way of playing which makes it really fun to play.
AlexisC
AlexisC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganeC Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:29 pm

Even if I really like video games, I’m going to talk about the hobbies which I dedicate more time since I’m at university. First of all, I would say that my main hobby is reading. In fact, I read 80 to 100 books per year so I spend a lot of time between the pages of a book. I think it’s a great way to learn stuff about any subject but also to escape reality, especially with fiction. I extended this passion starting talking about books on YouTube.
Since I came here in Angoulême, I wanted to try out some new sports and I chose archery and badminton which are really different but both really interesting and fun.
And finally, I’m fond of rock music and I started learning how to play the guitar last summer with my dad and now really enjoy playing at night (making sure not to wake up my landlords, of course).

MeganeC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by salomekj Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:05 pm

The first day of class with you John, you asked us to make a little presentation of us and I didn't really talk about my hobbies so here we go!

The only thing you know about me is that I love sleep. But I'm not that boring, reassure you. Even if I'm a baby who needs at least 10 hours of sleep to be fit, I'm able to do anything else during my free time.

First of all, you need to know that I'm not sportive at all. But since two weeks, every wednesday I have a yoga class. Participating in this course was the best decision I have made since my arrival in Angoulême. And that, for two reasons: it's a physical sport that requires a lot of mental strength. I'm a stressed person and sometimes I don’t trust my abilities and I found in yoga a solution to these problems.

Like everyone else, I like to spend time with my friends and do a lots of things with them but sometimes I prefer stay alone because I think it's important to appreciate it's own compagny. I never used to live alone but since then I have known myself better.

salomekj

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by camilleb Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:26 pm

Video Games, first you imagine teenagers in front of their computers like zombies. They just play all day long and do nothing else, it is a stereotype. Most of them play during free time, it is a real hobby exactly like people who loves football and go crazy when there is a game. In video games you have competition: e-sport, training that you can do online with your friends or with players around the world and become your partners for the competition.
I did not know well this environment, but I become more familiar and I like it. It is hard to understand video games players, how they compare themselves to people who do sport. There are a lot of video games so everyone can find its favourite.

camilleb

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Benlemlih Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:12 pm

hey! i'm glad to talk about this topic because everything i enjoy  in this this world is enjoying doing my favorites hobbies

in the age of 10 i started playing guitar, we went out with my friends to a park (they are also guitarists) we've learned much from each other.
one of my best days was the one when i've played in front of my classemates, students and teachers of my school, i've continued learning in all types of musics, the spanish rhythm, acoustic musics.....

in 2007 i've joined my team of swimming,  thanks to my dad,  he taught me to play sports from a young age, sometimes we go to a forrest, and tell me to run alone, i went around the forrest alone and he took the stopwatch, i improved myself, this was every sunday. so, monday, wwensday and friday i trained with the team and sunday was for my personal devlopment
i started to participate in national  competitions with my team since 2014, I won 4 gold medals.  i stopped swimming with my team 2 years ago because of studies.
i started playing volleyball since 2019, i played last year with a team in Montpellier i enjoyed playing this sport, i played handball, football and voleyball in 5 days every week last year
now i can play all those sports that i talked about it, last point that i want to talk about it is travelling, i enjoy visiting countries, i've viseted lot of ones and i want to visit more!
thank you

Benlemlih

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:08 pm

may-line david0 wrote:
Spoiler alert: this text may bore you

I'd say that I've been into video games when I was younger but not anymore. The only console that I own is the nintento DS Lite that my parents offered me for christmas when I was younger and my computer (if we can consider it as a console).
If I remember well I've spend more time playing on my computer than on my DS. Indeed, when I was in secondary school I could literaly spend hours playing Sims, living a life that wasn't mine.

I never could get into the sims. My daughter in law plays it quite a lot. Do you think it is a gender based game?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:09 pm

colineg wrote:When I was young I use to play a lot with my Nintendo DS. I could spend hours playing “Mario kart”, “Cooking Mama” or “Lara Croft”. 
I also use to play a lot on my computer with the “Sims”. What I like about the “Sims” is that you can create an whole universe of your own. You can create your “family” and build your dream house with a swimming pool.

I also use to spend a lot of afternoon, after school, playing “Just Dance” at my friend’s house.

Now I still play “Mario Kart” occasionally but not with my Nintendo DS anymore but with my Nintendo Switch.

My son has a switch and plays more on that than his PS.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:10 pm

leaguilloteau01 wrote:Sorry, not sorry, I’m not a gamer so as you can imagine, I’m going to talk about hobbies (and try to make it interesting for you John).
I will start by what I used to practice younger, it’s not common at all for girls… any ideas? Danse of course! I’ve been doing modern and Jazz danse since my childhood (for 13 years exactly). I stopped because I started my studies but it was so nice to express myself and I still admire every single danse style, I follow a lot of dancers on Instagram and one of my biggest dream is going to the Swan Lake.
I can list few others hobbies like the decorations, I love the way that we can make a lot of different atmosphere and found inspiration everywhere. Then mode or music are also my hobbies but it’s difficult to say because of the procrastination, it’s a real thing to deal with because you may not be aware about it and even if you know it, because of your “bad” habits you don’t act, you don’t do anything to change it.
I’m currently dealing with the procrastination, it’s hard but I’m convince my life and my mental health will be better, I made a list of goals and one of them is to restart (relearn) playing piano.

I really enjoy watching ballet. It is such a skilful art mixing strength and grace.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 pm

AlexisC wrote:For me, it's hard to talk about a hobby without mentioning video games. There is so much to say i don't know where to start

I started playing with the Games Boy Color, my parents didn't want me to buy it because they can't control the time I spent on them. My friends took it in turns to take turns playing and i played under the sheets so that my parents wouldn't see me playing.

Then, i mostly played PS2, there were a lot of interesting games and most of them were designed for playing with friends. I loved going to thrift stores and leaving with several games. I have a lot of good memories of that time, especially with the Dragon Ball Z type fighting games where I spent whole afternoons challenging my friends.

Now I play more on PC, it allows me to find games that are not necessarily available on console. Among the video games I distinguish two categories of games:

- Indie games

Independent games are distinguished by their creativity. They offer original gameplay and are created by teams that do not depend on financial support from a publisher. Most are played on PC as they are often offered in dematerialized form. One of the best examples is Minecraft which came out in 2009 and is still very successful.

- AAA Games

Triple AAA games are games with a large budget. They generally benefit from a much stronger marketing campaign than indie games. As movies like James Bond, gamers are very demanding to the quality of these games. When I play AAA i make great attention to the quality of the graphics and to the details both for the sets and the storytelling.

At the moment i'm playing MORDHAU on PC, it is a medieval combat simulation game developed by a small team from the countries of Eastern Europe. It is little bit difficult to master because there is a lot to know but the players are very free in their way of playing which makes it really fun to play.

The first games console I was pong. It simply played a game like ping pong across the screen. My first games computer was a sinclair spectrum ZX which had a memory of just 1K - no really 1K. I progressed to a spectrum 48k (games loaded from a tape cassette) before I got an incredible Commodore 64. Unbelievable in its time. I went through the playstation route before leaving those to my youngest son.

Nowadays when I have time I still play but mostly through PC in the summer I played the XCom games and Civilisation, the latest game I'm enjoying is crusader kings 3
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:20 pm

MeganeC wrote:Even if I really like video games, I’m going to talk about the hobbies which I dedicate more time since I’m at university. First of all, I would say that my main hobby is reading. In fact, I read 80 to 100 books per year so I spend a lot of time between the pages of a book. I think it’s a great way to learn stuff about any subject but also to escape reality, especially with fiction. I extended this passion starting talking about books on YouTube.
Since I came here in Angoulême, I wanted to try out some new sports and I chose archery and badminton which are really different but both really interesting and fun.
And finally, I’m fond of rock music and I started learning how to play the guitar last summer with my dad and now really enjoy playing at night (making sure not to wake up my landlords, of course).

I love reading too either sci-fi/fantasy or detective/crime novels. I probably read 50 a year, maybe more. My wife reads faster and a lot more novels than me. What rock do you enjoy?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:22 pm

salomekj wrote:The first day of class with you John, you asked us to make a little presentation of us and I didn't really talk about my hobbies so here we go!

The only thing you know about me is that I love sleep. But I'm not that boring, reassure you. Even if I'm a baby who needs at least 10 hours of sleep to be fit, I'm able to do anything else during my free time.

First of all, you need to know that I'm not sportive at all. But since two weeks, every wednesday I have a yoga class. Participating in this course was the best decision I have made since my arrival in Angoulême. And that, for two reasons: it's a physical sport that requires a lot of mental strength. I'm a stressed person and sometimes I don’t trust my abilities and I found in yoga a solution to these problems.

Like everyone else, I like to spend time with my friends and do a lots of things with them but sometimes I prefer stay alone because I think it's important to appreciate it's own compagny. I never used to live alone but since then I have known myself better.

Yoga = the sport of sleep Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

salomekj likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:24 pm

Benlemlih wrote:hey! i'm glad to talk about this topic because everything i enjoy  in this this world is enjoying doing my favorites hobbies

in the age of 10 i started playing guitar, we went out with my friends to a park (they are also guitarists) we've learned much from each other.
one of my best days was the one when i've played in front of my classemates, students and teachers of my school, i've continued learning in all types of musics, the spanish rhythm, acoustic musics.....

in 2007 i've joined my team of swimming,  thanks to my dad,  he taught me to play sports from a young age, sometimes we go to a forrest, and tell me to run alone, i went around the forrest alone and he took the stopwatch, i improved myself, this was every sunday. so, monday, wwensday and friday i trained with the team and sunday was for my personal devlopment
i started to participate in national  competitions with my team since 2014, I won 4 gold medals.  i stopped swimming with my team 2 years ago because of studies.
i started playing volleyball since 2019, i played last year with a team in Montpellier i enjoyed playing this sport, i played handball, football and voleyball in 5 days every week last year
now i can play all those sports that i talked about it, last point that i want to talk about it is travelling, i enjoy visiting countries, i've viseted lot of ones  and i want to visit more!
thank you

Perhaps during our last class before Christmas you and Megane can bring your guitars in and we can all sing along to something in English.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by val_labeguere Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:55 pm

Video games are one of my favorite hobbies ! My passion started when my parents gave me my first computer when I was little and I remember having Lego Star Wars as my first game. What a great time spent on it!

Later I had many consoles like Game Boy Advance, Wii, Nintendo DS and more recently the Xbox One. And now thanks to my little sister I can also play to the Switch since she ordered it for her (well I COULD play it since now I'm not in Bordeaux anymore ...).

I have always considered video games as a perfect way to relax after a hard day, at the same level as when I do sports for example. And the wide variety of topics covered in video games allows everyone to have fun. Personally I really like multiplayer video games like Overwatch or League Of Legends because I can play with my friends to have fun together and I also like to compete against other players to show my skills.

However the problem with multiplayer games is that, sometimes, the other people you play with are either very bad or unbearable ... Too many young children don't respect age limits and their immaturity is felt by other players, or others older take video games far too seriously and get angry very quickly.

val_labeguere

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by floriendive Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Hello John! Actually, I already talked about video games last week, so let's get more intimate this week and tell you more about my hobbies. Nothing weird, promised :p

So, what are my hobbies ? Well, you might say I'm very basic but I hate watching series and movies! I think it's the worst thing in the world, worse than coronavirus!
I mean, laying in bed, doing nothing but watching "cool" series like "Sherlock" or "Game of Throne", ewww what a bore 😒

Another thing I can't stand is hanging out with my friends. Of course I like them when we talk about very complicated subject that make me feel intelligent. However, they can be dull when they organize a week-end in Bora-Bara. Who wants to go there?? There's too much sun, too much water and too much sand, I give it a 4/10.

Ohlala! With all this hate I forgot to say what I appreciate. Ok, I'll make this quick: I like drugs, alcohol and ✨illegal prescription✨
Thanks for reading me, have a nice evening 🌙

floriendive
floriendive

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gwen Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:03 am

I don’t really play video games, sometimes with my brothers and it's really fun! My favorite games are car racing. But video games have advantage like you can have a lot of fun alone or with your friends. For some people played video games is like an appeasement they don’t think about their problem and just play and enjoy. But video games can have disadvantage like addiction, some peoples don’t distinguish the virtual between the reality, leads to isolation… So, video games are good if we don’t play too much.

Everyone has hobbies in their life. My hobbies are sport specially basketball, ski and surf. I love to travel and photography all of the place I go to. Also, I like baking, going out with my friends, do shopping, listen to music (all type but mostly of English and Spanish music) watching series and movie (actions and comedies are my favorite). My favorite place to be is at the beach, watching the sunset and surfing.

gwen

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:10 pm

floriendive wrote:Hello John! Actually, I already talked about video games last week, so let's get more intimate this week and tell you more about my hobbies. Nothing weird, promised :p

So, what are my hobbies ? Well, you might say I'm very basic but I hate watching series and movies! I think it's the worst thing in the world, worse than coronavirus!
I mean, laying in bed, doing nothing but watching "cool" series like "Sherlock" or "Game of Throne", ewww what a bore 😒

Another thing I can't stand is hanging out with my friends. Of course I like them when we talk about very complicated subject that make me feel intelligent. However, they can be dull when they organize a week-end in Bora-Bara. Who wants to go there?? There's too much sun, too much water and too much sand, I give it a 4/10.

Ohlala! With all this hate I forgot to say what I appreciate. Ok, I'll make this quick: I like drugs, alcohol and ✨illegal prescription✨
Thanks for reading me, have a nice evening 🌙

so what's the going price for prescription opioids on the Angouleme black Market?
Admin
Admin
Admin

floriendive likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva Armand Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Personally I decided to tell you about my hobbies. Although I'm a geeky girl, my knowledge of video games is quite limited (I'm not going to tell you about the sims addiction I had, it would scare you!).

So, I like a lot of things, but naturally I spend more time on certain activities. The first one, I would say it's the movies! I watch a lot of movies, and honestly I think I have a good film culture. I like all genres, I can watch a very sad movie and the next day watch a very light comedy. What I like is to detect morals, and I find that you can learn a lot through these screenings.

Then I also like dance, I practiced it for a few years, it's a sport that allows me to express myself differently, and that brings a lot of serenity.

I can't finish without talking about food... I assume it, in the morning it's a motor for me to think about what I will be able to enjoy during the day. Life would be so sad in all its flavors!

Eva Armand

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nawel Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:33 pm

I chose to talk about video games because even if I am not a gamer, when I was younger I used to play video games.
I think that like most of us, it started with the Nintendo DS. It was so trendy when I was in elementary school. I remember that sometimes, after school we met with my friends and we were playing Mario Kart together. I also had the Playstation 2 and I often played a game named Singstar, a kind of karaoke with microphones. Then, my parents bought us a Wii, and we spent our spare time playing with it at the moment.
Now I rarely play video games. I only have a Nintendo Switch and sometimes I play the Playstation with my boyfriend (but I always lose because we play Fifa and I am soooo bad at it Sad ).

Nawel

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alix Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:59 pm

I'm not a really huge fan of video games but I enjoy playing it occasionally.
When I was younger I had consoles as Ds, Playstation, x-box, Wii and Nintendo 64 which I really love to play, I think it's still the best console that existed for me. There was the Mario super party, a game I played with my brother and sister all the time. For me the Nintendo 64 is the best console ever, I could still play it today and enjoy it
There is also a game that I really like on the x-box : Fable
It's a game play in the Middle ages
The decorations, the aesthetics, the outfits are really well done. We are really immersed in the Middle Ages

Alix

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ZakariaEL Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:35 pm

With this period of coronavirus, I think it’s the perfect time to play video games. Indeed, it helped to ease the mind, elevate the mood, and kill the time. Even, if some people say that video games are time-wasters, in reality It can be benefic to those who play video games because it encourages social develop, creates imaginative opportunities and some games teach how to become more aware of the environment. However, video games have also negative points which unfortunately sometimes it leads to dramatic situations in the real life.

ZakariaEL

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next